Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,922 members, 7,844,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote (22212 Views)

Bags Of Shredded Old Naira Notes Allegedly Dumped By CBN (Video) / Nigeria’s Largest Electronic Manufacturing, Assembly Plant Launched / Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by Sonnobax15(m): 6:39am On Sep 11, 2021
undecided
Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by kingsways: 6:45am On Sep 11, 2021
Wao

Dangote should president. If he can achieve all he has with a private company, imagine what he would achieve with the enormous resources available to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by Vipro(m): 6:49am On Sep 11, 2021
paymentvoucher:
Oga abegggiiii. undecided

We are tired of hearing all these stories joor. You better thank Nigerian Government that gave you the opportunity to show case your brand in a monopolistic way. undecided undecided
How is he a monopoly?

Are other companies restricted from producing similar commodities with his?

His business accumen is just too high for other producers, in order not too make a loss,they run away.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by highskies(m): 6:51am On Sep 11, 2021
DanielAlhassan:
Dan gote is the problem of Nigeria

He sold to Nigeria in a high price
And sold to other Africa country in
A low price

Is this still English? Mate it's very obvious there's nothing in that your coconut head for you to be spewing rubbish about this maestro and colossus called Aliko Dangote.

Next time yall want to yell monopoly, ask yourselves what you have personally done to create value.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by CXLVII: 6:53am On Sep 11, 2021
Jerryherd:
Dangote is secretly planning another industry takeover, soon we will all be at the mercy of his monopoly

The huge billions he is pumping into diary farming , importing cattle breeds from France and Brazil

smh…

What is Dangote monopolizing?

Is DSTV also monopolizing?

Or is Jeff Bezos also monopolizing?

Why y’all like blaming successful people for your woes.

Tell your village people to also form a union and invest in ways that could curtail Dangotes business dynamics and outreach.

Dude is a businessman that perfectly understands business.

11 Likes

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 11, 2021
In other words 'Time to start exploiting the people' high efficiency low wages
Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by Whobedatte(m): 6:55am On Sep 11, 2021
Dangote is very hardworking and understands how to make it doing business in a place like here where politics is a major criteria in making one a successful entrepreneur
Met with Garba Dantata some days back and he shared me how Baba started with buying and selling just like what the likes of Alli Balarabe and Sabo Dankoli are currently into in Kano .
Forget monopoly and all that , this man is a shrewd business guru who has grown a conglomerate by playing very smart and very hardworking.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by CXLVII: 6:56am On Sep 11, 2021
Vipro:
How is he a monopoly?

His business accumen is just too high for other producers, in order not too make a loss,they run away.

God bless your mother!

No competitor to venture in the market and they screaming monopoly. Same way they accusing DSTV as if multichoice has a rope around their neck.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by jedisco(m): 7:03am On Sep 11, 2021
Jerryherd:
Dangote is secretly planning another industry takeover, soon we will all be at the mercy of his monopoly

The huge billions he is pumping into diary farming , importing cattle breeds from France and Brazil

What stops others from joining him in that monopoly...

Or is better we continue to import milk from much smaller nations?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by paymentvoucher: 7:04am On Sep 11, 2021
Vipro:
How is he a monopoly?

Do you know how many past and present government top big boys that owns fleet of truck with Dangotte?

Do you know plenty of them that have shares in his company? I really don’t want to mention names but to be honest, they have been trying all their possible best for every policies to Favour him.

It will forever be like DSTV vs TSTV scenario

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by Vipro(m): 7:09am On Sep 11, 2021
[quote author=paymentvoucher post=105700167]

Do you know how many past and present government top big boys that owns fleet of truck with Dangotte?

Do you know plenty of them that have shares in his company? I really don’t want to mention names but to be honest, they have been trying all their possible best for every policies to Favour him.

It will forever be like DSTV vs TSTV scenario [/quote
Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by gentleman82: 7:11am On Sep 11, 2021
Repent now of your sinful evil ways to avoid spending your eternity in hell fire after you die. Jesus Christ love and warns you to repent and convert now to Christianity to avoid hell fire. Only Jesus Christ can save you by his death on the cross and his blood which washes away your sins, any other ways ( Islam, paganism, Hinduism, atheism, etc) can not save you. Be wise while you still have the chance accept Jesus Christ now and save your soul from hell. Be wiser than Satan and follow the one true God. This is the eternal truth from the spiritual realm.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by IAMPEDRO: 7:17am On Sep 11, 2021
nony43:
In as much that i have done business from the scratch for years and i can say buying and selling is not easy, Dangote should know that if not of FG the Dangote group would have fizzled out. Dangote containers doesn't stay more than three days in Apapa and it's cleared. He can't even survive in US that runs on a capitalist economy. Let's give everyone a level ground to run a Cement factory nobody will consider Dangote cement when we've got BUA, Unicem, Ibeto and other upcoming. Let him enjoy when Igbo man become president all man go do business by force.
Better truth.
So many dignitaries in the dangote group, still dangote had worked, thumbs up for him. Shout out to those who's trying all possible best to the top, we will surely get there.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by princeSammyz: 7:22am On Sep 11, 2021
nony43:
In as much that i have done business from the scratch for years and i can say buying and selling is not easy, Dangote should know that if not of FG the Dangote group would have fizzled out. Dangote containers doesn't stay more than three days in Apapa and it's cleared. He can't even survive in US that runs on a capitalist economy. Let's give everyone a level ground to run a Cement factory nobody will consider Dangote cement when we've got BUA, Unicem, Ibeto and other upcoming. Let him enjoy when Igbo man become president all man go do business by force.
Who gives the level playing ground?
He is enjoying the economies of scale and the benefits of a great network. I still give it to the man any day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by mu2sa2: 7:31am On Sep 11, 2021
Jerryherd:

Others should do the same and compete with him. Ipob miscreants will be ranting monopoly for nothing but their people are mainly interested in importation.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by justking(m): 7:36am On Sep 11, 2021
angry
More grease
Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by ofiko123(m): 7:45am On Sep 11, 2021
Dangote the money man..
Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by Ogun07032601473: 7:51am On Sep 11, 2021
Deliverance can come from any spiritual person either Pastor Alfa or Native Doctor ...Spiritual Attacks can be removed or heal from any of those spiritual person..So don't let your pastors decieved you about anyone..Am Ifagbenga baba Awogbemi Native Doctor grandson, Call baba for any of your problems..Healing and deliverance is sure and seen is believing.. Home town Ijebu atan Ogun State .. Contact baba now
Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 11, 2021
I want to agree with the headline, instead of trading what others produce, produce, trade and tap from the power of leverage when others trade your produce. This is what we do

I couldn't read anything though because I know that if given same amount, sponsorship and opportunity it will take this man light years to just see my back
Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by faithfull18(f): 7:56am On Sep 11, 2021
Hmmn!
Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 11, 2021
princeSammyz:

He is enjoying the economies of scale and the benefits of a great network. I still give it to the man any day.

Thank You

"Benefits of a great network"

Connection, chain(in my own words) ie chain of individuals.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by IMASTEX: 8:04am On Sep 11, 2021
nony43:
That is where most Nigerians always get it wrong. If the bolded happens, the game won't change. Nigeria politicians are only interested in what favours them as an individual and less of national interest. Several presidents have met him even from south & west. The worse that can happen is that they will be offered a share and of course a room to hide their loot. Without a structural change nothing is expected to happen even in the next 200 years. Buhari was a big mistake of course by widening the ethnicity politics & zero direction/plans.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by Johncuppa(m): 8:29am On Sep 11, 2021
Modrov:

So why can't other rich men do the same...and please don't tell me 'government'...because I am tired of that excuse.

Most Nigerian businessmen and women prefer to import stuff, and sell and run off. Many family owned businesses that were like Dangote before failed because the family members came and ran off with the money as soon as the founder died. (If you notice, Dangote isn't allowing his kids run things yet)

As for petrol....Dangote is able to build refinery because for now he has the money to take the risk. If we want more refineries, we have to remove fuel subsidy so that investors can come, build, refine, and sell fuel at a profit and recoup that profit. But you Nigerians don't want...so we run the risk of making Dangote a monopoly because we want cheap fuel...and even then, his refienry may lose money if we keep on subsidisng fuel below its production price.
You see this country, we love to make excuse than taking responsibility or rather to follow the footsteps of the great through what they did, how they did it and what they are doing to maintain their successes.
Instead We see every successful men as opportunists as if they were just sleeping while working into purpose.
Dangote is rich because he monopolised manufacturing sector through government help, Oyedepo swindled his church members to be rich. And all those things

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by RodgersAkpafu: 8:30am On Sep 11, 2021
nony43:
This is not true

1 Like

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by RodgersAkpafu: 8:31am On Sep 11, 2021
Modrov:

So why can't other rich men do the same...and please don't tell me 'government'...because I am tired of that excuse.

Most Nigerian businessmen and women prefer to import stuff, and sell and run off. Many family owned businesses that were like Dangote before failed because the family members came and ran off with the money as soon as the founder died. (If you notice, Dangote isn't allowing his kids run things yet)

As for petrol....Dangote is able to build refinery because for now he has the money to take the risk. If we want more refineries, we have to remove fuel subsidy so that investors can come, build, refine, and sell fuel at a profit and recoup that profit. But you Nigerians don't want...so we run the risk of making Dangote a monopoly because we want cheap fuel...and even then, his refienry may lose money if we keep on subsidisng fuel below its production price.
True talk

1 Like

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by RodgersAkpafu: 8:32am On Sep 11, 2021
Vipro:
How is he a monopoly?

I agree
Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by RodgersAkpafu: 8:33am On Sep 11, 2021
princeSammyz:

He is one person I really respect
Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by RodgersAkpafu: 8:35am On Sep 11, 2021
Johncuppa:

You see this country, we love to make excuse than taking responsibility or rathan to follow the footstep of the great through what they did, how they did it and what they are doing to maintain their successes.
Instead We see every successful men as opportunists as if they were just sleeping while working into purpose.
Dangote is rich because he monopolised manufacturing sector through government help, Oyedepo swindled his church members to be rich. And all those things

Its the mentality that is being spread around to make people feel better about their failures in life.
It's a coping mechanism for these lot who do it

1 Like

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by Johncuppa(m): 8:38am On Sep 11, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

Its the mentality that is being spread around to make people feel better about their failures in life.
It's a coping mechanism for these lot who do it
This is nothing but the truth
���

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by Johncuppa(m): 8:45am On Sep 11, 2021
Whobedatte:
Dangote is very hardworking and understands how to make it doing business in a place like here where politics is a major criteria in making one a successful entrepreneur
Met with Garba Dantata some days back and he shared me how Baba started with buying and selling just like what the likes of Alli Balarabe and Sabo Dankoli are currently into in Kano .
Forget monopoly and all that , this man is a shrewd business guru who has grown a conglomerate by playing very smart and very hardworking.
Thank you.
Monopoly is a language of failure.
Nothing works by default.
He must had played his game well even if given leverage by government.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote by kingjudecy(m): 8:48am On Sep 11, 2021
With a stern political will, revised government policies, optimum power supply and a friendly host community/port environment, Nigeria will become an emerging block of manufacturing economy of the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System / CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki / How Are You Shopping This Black Friday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.