Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac (25502 Views)

What Broke Your Trust With Friends? Share Your Experience / Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered / Share Your Most 'WEIRD' Experience Of 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kleptomaniacs are people who steal uncontrollably, they may not need the item they steal but they just have a strong urge to steal it.

First experience

When I was in junior sec we had this big guy in our class, he steals anything he sets his eyes on. From erasers, pencils, chalks, cane, already used notebooks, sharpeners, dirty socks even launch boxes. He was asked to bring his parents to school on several occasions but his mum never showed up. People nicknamed him ( omo baba elekun ) the crying man's son because his dad crys anytime he was called to the school concerning his son's case. The father looks and smells rich, he even owned a car then, the funny part is, this guy comes to school with 500 naira. 500 naira was real cash back in 2007. When you ask him why he steals he will start crying and ask you if he steals, it was as if he wasn't aware he steals.

Second experience

Around 2013 when I finished senior sec i was enjoying myself at home so most times I was seen roaming about in the barracks with friends. I became friends with this girl whose dad was a master warrant officer. That is a good rank in the Nigerian army. We noticed that anytime she comes to our house something always get missing. My mum called my attention to it but I didn't want to believe she was the one stealing them. She came to our house one day through the kitchen door and few seconds later my mum started looking for the matches ontop of the shelf. As she was going home, she wanted to give me money to buy recharge card and do subscription so we can chat on 2go at night, that was when the matchbox fell from her pocket, I didn't say anything because I was surprised as hell. Next day, she came and we started looking for our TV remote, I just went to their house and collected it from her without saying a word. Babe even stole my lil bro's spoilt palito radio. She is the only child of her father, her mum died when giving birth to her. I nicknamed her sticky fingers. She liked that name till we left the barracks, she said it was the nicest name someone gave her because of her condition. Others call her names like barawo, thief, armed robber and other painful names.

I believe these people need help, if you notice a clepto please don't be harsh to them

You can also share your experiences too

156 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by Havesomesense(m): 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
Cleptomeniac or whatever they look face before em steal.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by Sonnobax15(m): 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2021
grin
My one and only experience was back then in 2013..I was in ND1 then....One fateful night,I left my window opened while I was charging my battery via a desktop-charger..... Mennnnnnnn,the desktop-charger don lose shape en,plus many many rubber bands wey I use bind am....Even if na me be the thief,I for no gree steal that kind thing..

But las las,thief na thief....Dem no dey send....

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 10, 2021
Havesomesense:
Cleptomeniac or whatever they look face before em steal.
you never jam cleptomaniac before

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by chatinent: 5:59pm On Sep 10, 2021
1. I don't eat much, I don't eat much, I'll take small chops...but at the mention of her name, all three fufu in my kitchen bow.

Okay, hanty use style tell me say na you take am chop na make I know how I go die the matter na, hanty dey lie with English.

One uncle (naim buy the fufu) for my house vex search her bag (as she don too talk come and search me na), lipstick don paint fufu pink...with two pieces of beef and three roundabouts.

I was so embarrassed. Fine girl like you, chai.

2. In school, my rich roommate stole a flash drive. I'm like wtf. Sb whose father was a big politician in Benue.

3. This ain't cleptomania..but hungry nack man for school, I enter Shola room go collect spag when I dey north. There's how we did stew then. Boil the spag, put it in a plate spread yaji and maggi, pepper, and pour red oil...gbam...enjoy your meal.

4. Back in junior school, Yusuf stole my Eleganza pen, removed my name tag and put his. He even swore with the earth to die before one-week time if he was the one. A rich boy o. I couldn't win the battle until the next week when he was throwing up repeatedly and started crying he was the one who stole my pen. Lol, man thought the death was nigh. Lol, kids then.

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 10, 2021
Lol grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by Vickkymanny: 6:06pm On Sep 10, 2021
She theif TV remote? Haha I no believe this wan

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by lilvicky68(m): 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
E get one guy anytime him come church phone must loss and him no dey stay till church close..

When one woman catch am with her phone after some days..the guy say him carry the phone to go check market if them get am.. grin

187 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by chatinent: 6:31pm On Sep 10, 2021
lilvicky68:
E get one guy anytime him come church phone must loss and him no dey stay till church close..

When one woman catch am with her phone after some days..the guy say him carry the phone to go check market if them get am.. grin

But sha, he has a shifted jaw now right?

Lalasticlala, mynd44.. FrontPage.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
Vickkymanny:
She theif TV remote? Haha I no believe this wan
That is why they are called cleptomaniacs. Well it is not my duty to convince you

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 10, 2021
lilvicky68:

grin lol see him yeye excuse

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin
My one and only experience was back then in 2013..I was in ND1 then....One fateful night,I left my window opened while I was charging my battery via a desktop-charger..... Mennnnnnnn,the desktop-charger don lose shape en,plus many many rubber bands wey I use bind am....Even if na me be the thief,I for no gree steal that kind thing..

But las las,thief na thief....Dem no dey send....

Lol the person no be clepto, if say na clepto, e for steal the rubber bands only, leave the desktop for you

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 10, 2021
chatinent:
1. I don't eat much, I don't eat much, I'll take small chops...but at the mention of her name, all three fufu in my kitchen bow.

Okay, hanty use style tell me say na you take am chop na make I know how I go die the matter na, hanty dey lie with English.

One uncle (naim buy the fufu) for my house vex search her bag (as she don too talk come and search me na), lipstick don paint fufu pink...with two pieces of beef and three roundabouts.

I was so embarrassed. Fine girl like you, chai.

2. In school, my rich roommate stole a flash drive. I'm like wtf. Sb whose father was a big politician in Benue.

3. This ain't cleptomania..but hungry nack man for school, I enter Shola room go collect spag when I dey north. There's how we did stew then. Boil the spag, put it in a plate spread yaji and maggi, pepper, and pour red oil...gbam...enjoy your meal.

4. Back in junior school, Yusuf stole my Eleganza pen, removed my name tag and put his. He even swore with the earth to die before one-week time if he was the one. A rich boy o. I couldn't win the battle until the next week when he was throwing up repeatedly and started crying he was the one who stole my pen. Lol, man thought the death was nigh. Lol, kids then.

The craziest part of all this is, you'll never find a very poor cleptomaniac. They are always from wealthy or stable homes

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by lilvicky68(m): 7:04pm On Sep 10, 2021
dannyrhymes600:

grin lol see him yeye excuse
No mind the guy.. pastor kukuma ban the guy from the church

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by becky39000(m): 7:10pm On Sep 10, 2021
It starts with both K & C lol!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2021
becky39000:

Point of correction!!!

It's (K)leptomamia starting with a K not C
Prof, start with C and see if it isn't spelt that way too

13 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
lilvicky68:

No mind the guy.. pastor kukuma ban the guy from the church
Person wey dem for subject to 600 years fasting and prayer

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by Emmadoc: 7:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
lilvicky68:

Choigringrin

Dem for comot him teeth, make him go find am for my market

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by becky39000(m): 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2021
dannyrhymes600:
Prof, start with C and see if it isn't spelt that way too
I did ooooo Chairman!!!
I guess ur right it does start with a C also

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 10, 2021
becky39000:

I did ooooo Chairman!!!

I guess ur right it does start with a C also
You are blessed, carry go, better pikin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
Emmadoc:

Choigringrin

Dem for comot him teeth, make him go find am for my market
You wicked
Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by MikeMicheal(m): 8:53pm On Sep 10, 2021
Someone once stole my dustbin with refuse.
E shock me!

34 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by lomprico(m): 8:53pm On Sep 10, 2021
na hungry geh experience I get o!

she came to my crib, I allowed her some freedom, she opened fridge n saw it was stocked with goodies. she drink juice plus beer, later went for coke. almost finished my pack of cookies plus wheat snack. the bitter leaf soup I made n served her, she requested for more soup n I said she should help herself n d geh packed d whole meat in her plate, na when I wan eat later whey she don go I no see any meat for d soup again.

she even have smuggled some drinks n snacks in her bag.
the thing that pained me was that when she enterned my kitchen to finish my meat I think she saw a pack of knorr cubes where I kept it, tore it open n took some cubes. I just weak.

of course she can NEVER come to my place again!

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by urchcoded(m): 8:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
Pious (fake name, my classmate in secondary boarding school. He would steal anything. He was from a rich family but would steal people's provision from poorer families. Ironically, once you accuse him of stealing something and apply a little pressure on him, he'll accept he took it and he'll go and bring it. He never touches it or spend it if it's Money.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by arthurwillia(m): 8:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
G

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by Kobicove(m): 8:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
I have never met a klepto before undecided

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by psychologist(m): 8:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
The guy stole the joy of 200million people

Buhari

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by Starseed(m): 8:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
Had one horrible experience with one guy (then medical student, now a medical doctor) in Mandela hostel block D, UNIPORT. This guy would come into the hostel around 10-11pm when students are about to hit the bed. He would sneak into rooms of unsuspecting victims and steal their valuables.

One night, I caught him sneaking into my neighbor's room to steal his fone. I quickly raised an alarm. We gave him a hot chase. Luckily for him, he got away. He knew I was one of those guys that chased him that night. But we still act like that incident never happened cos he was my senior colleague. He never came to Mandela hostel again. But I still heard of his "stealscapes" in doctor's lounge.

Maybe person swear for am

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by Crossroad1(m): 8:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
I don't know if it is klepto but ezinne stole my 100k.
Got that money from the bank, crisp 100k I wanted to use for torime at a friend's wedding.
She stole it and denied it.
Wanted to strip search her, she change am for me dey form vex say I no trust am..
Haba, we were just 2 in the house and nobody came in now..

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With A Kleptomaniac by Goldbw122(m): 8:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
What i know about them is that it is hard for them to stop stealing, and it is like an addiction that they can't just keep their hands off from, well i have one in my work place that usually disappear everything, and he always get caught always, and he have a lot of things and valueable resources but he just cant keep his hand to himself for once...

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bus Crushes A Man To Death In Benin, Edo State (Graphic Photos) / Elephant Raju Cries After Being Rescued From 50 Years Of Suffering In Chains / What Is The Slightest Thing That Can Get You Angry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.