Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? (36392 Views)

Why Is Pastor Adeboye Visiting Governors With Mandates Challenged In Court? / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala / Is Pastor TB Joshua A Member Of Illuminati?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by banom(m): 7:13pm On May 20, 2009
Pastor Kumuyi is the most anti social preaching pastor in Nigeria, the mans style sucks, most Deeper life church members are social misfits.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by orejesu: 3:57pm On May 25, 2009
What every believer should actually be concerned about now is how prepared he/she is to meet the Lord, not who are the best holiness preachers. Jesus is coming very soon and we need to allow the Holy Spirit to reveal to us things in our lives which are capable of making us miss heaven, and work on them. Eternity is not something anyone will want to gamble with, so let us throw away these unhealthy comparisons and face the things that really matter. May God help us all.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by domwas2(m): 11:55am On May 27, 2009
Pastor Kumuyi is the same yesterday and today, He never change with the world, he's still the best,
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by KunleOshob(m): 12:27pm On May 27, 2009
domwas2:

Pastor Kumuyi is the same yesterday and today, He never change with the world, he's still the best,
And that is why he is building a mega cathedral[as big as a stadium] in Gbagada now after he criticized other church pastors for building such extravagant structures a few years ago.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by domwas2(m): 1:53pm On May 27, 2009
@kunleSHOB
He never criticized others or judgmental, He made that clear to we members, all he is after is holiness

building a mega cathedral[as big as a stadium] in Gbagada

All churches need that for the expansion of the church
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by KunleOshob(m): 2:05pm On May 27, 2009
domwas2:

All churches need that for the expansion of the church
That is the problem with most churches today they are more interested in their personal expansion and building earthly empires than keeping the commandments of christ which is to love your neighbour[this is done thru charitable works] the money being spent on that edifice would have been better spent improving the lives of God's children as directed by christ in the bible.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:51pm On May 27, 2009
KunleOshob:

That is the problem with most churches today they are more interested in their personal expansion and building earthly empires than keeping the commandments of christ which is to love your neighbour[this is done thru charitable works] the money being spent on that edifice would have been better spent improving the lives of God's children as directed by christ in the bible.

@KunleOshob,

Carefully read the passage below and see where you fit in.

"Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead.  There they made him a supper; and Martha served: but Lazarus was one of them that sat at the table with him.  Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment. Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?  This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.  Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.  For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always."

-- John 12:1-8

If you observe the verses highlighted in black did you notice anything familiar with the concerns you made in your quote highlighted above?  Do you realise that you seem to be speaking the same language and sharing the same concern as the concerned disciple was having?  If I were you I will examine myself right now before it gets too late.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by KunleOshob(m): 10:21am On May 28, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

@KunleOshob,

Carefully read the passage below and see where you fit in.

"Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead.  There they made him a supper; and Martha served: but Lazarus was one of them that sat at the table with him.  Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment. Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?  This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.  Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.  For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always."

-- John 12:1-8

If you observe the verses highlighted in black did you notice anything familiar with the concerns you made in your quote highlighted above?  Do you realise that you seem to be speaking the same language and sharing the same concern as the concerned disciple was having?  If I were you I will examine myself right now before it gets too late.

The scripture you quoted above is the scripture most greedy pastors quote[out of context] to justify their selfishness and greed and their not carrying out their God ordained responsibility of helping the poor. When did these greedy pastors become Jesus to be able to justify their greed with that verse. In that verse what jesus was saying was that he would soon be gone[and the opportuinity to honour him physically would end] but the poor would always be with us and we would always have the opportunity to help them
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by vanitty: 10:42am On May 28, 2009
Didn't know there was a competition going on undecided
how does one say who is holier?
Only God knows the heart of all
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:48am On May 28, 2009
KunleOshob:

The scripture you quoted above is the scripture most greedy pastors quote[out of context] to justify their selfishness and greed and their not carrying out their God ordained responsibility of helping the poor. When did these greedy pastors become Jesus to be able to justify their greed with that verse. In that verse what jesus was saying was that he would soon be gone[and the opportuinity to honour him physically would end] but the poor would always be with us and we would always have the opportunity to help them

Your concern for the poor is noted. The question is, do you really care for the poor?
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by KunleOshob(m): 11:08am On May 28, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Your concern for the poor is noted. The question is, do you really care for the poor?
I most sincerely do with all my heart.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:15am On May 28, 2009
KunleOshob:

I most sincerely do with all my heart.

Then carry out a practical demonstration of your confession without blowing any trumpet for publicity and God will richly reward you.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by KunleOshob(m): 11:25am On May 28, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Then carry out a practical demonstration of your confession without blowing any trumpet for publicity and God will richly reward you.
Whilst i am not given to discuss what i do personally, what i am out to do is to sensitize other christians to let them know it is their christian duty to help the poor. It is actually evident from the scriptures that christian giving is more about giving to the needy than even giving to the church, unfortunately our mis-respresented the priority of christian giving to us christians becos of their selfish desires and most christians are not fufilling there obligation to thhe poor becos they feel their christian duty is complete when they pay their"tithe" and offerings. If by my posting on christian giving on this forum only one person decides to start assisting the needy on a regular basis God's name would be gloirfied.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:14pm On May 28, 2009
KunleOshob:

Whilst i am not given to discuss what i do personally, what i am out to do is to sensitize other christians to let them know it is their christian duty to help the poor. It is actually evident from the scriptures that christian giving is more about giving to the needy than even giving to the poor, unfortunately our mis-respresented the priority of christian giving to us christians becos of their selfish desires and most christians are not fufilling there obligation to thhe poor becos they feel their christian duty is complete when they pay their"tithe" and offerings. If by my posting on christian giving on this forum only one person decides to start assisting the needy on a regular basis God's name would be gloirfied.

If you are to be remembered for anything in this forum it will be your passionate efforts to discourage faithful Christians from giving to God in the form of tithes and offerings.  This says so much about your so called desire for Christian giving to the poor.  The principle of the firstfruits is all over the Bible starting from God's injunction to Adam and Eve to eat out of all the trees in the Garden but one.  The reason why God rejected the offering of Cain but accepted that of Abel, Abraham's paying of his tithes to Melchisedec the high priest, Jacob vowing to give his tithes of all he had, before God eventually legalised it under the law of Moses and, even our Lord Jesus Christ ratified it when He said that it should not be left undone.  He showed how the giving of a lad's five loaves of bread and two fish to God was multiplied after it was given to Jesus to be blessed.  The beauty of the 10% which is the minimum of what we can give is that everyone is opportuned to give to the glory of God and be blessed even as the woman that Jesus commended for giving her widow's mite.

Despite all these truths do you still feel that by confusing and discouraging people from giving tithes and offerings their lives would be better off?  Don't you know the blessings that God has promised for those who give cheerfully and willingly?  The blessings does not just end in finances, but it touches our health, marriages, family, vocation, wellbeing and above these treasures in heaven.  You do not want to experience what will happen to those who disobey God's injunction, do you?
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by KunleOshob(m): 12:32pm On May 28, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

If you are to be remembered for anything in this forum it will be your passionate efforts to discourage faithful Christians from giving to God in the form of tithes and offerings. This says so much about your so called desire for Christian giving to the poor. The principle of the firstfruits is all over the Bible starting from God's injunction to Adam and Eve to eat out of all the trees in the Garden but one. The reason why God rejected the offering of Cain but accepted that of Abel, Abraham's paying of his tithes to Melchisedec the high priest, Jacob vowing to give his tithes of all he had, before God eventually legalised it under the law of Moses and, even our Lord Jesus Christ ratified it when He said that it should not be left undone. He showed how the giving of a lad's five loaves of bread and two fish to God was multiplied after it was given to Jesus to be blessed. The beauty of the 10% which is the minimum of what we can give is that everyone is opportuned to give to the glory of God and be blessed even as the woman that Jesus commended for giving her widow's mite.

Despite all these truths do you still feel that by confusing and discouraging people from giving tithes and offerings their lives would be better off? Don't you know the blessings that God has promised for those who give cheerfully and willingly? The blessings does not just end in finances, but it touches our health, marriages, family, vocation, wellbeing and above these treasures in heaven. You do not want to experience what will happen to those who disobey God's injunction, do you?

I am really tired of all these rants and mis-interpreted/manipulated scripture.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by JJYOU: 12:49pm On May 28, 2009
judas loved his poor too
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by pilgrim1(f): 1:00pm On May 28, 2009
JJYOU:

judas loved his poor too

Lol, @JJYOU. . . you have a marvellous way of putting it straight! grin grin
'This he said, not that he cared for the poor;
but because he was a thief, and had the bag,
and bare what was put therein. ' - John 12:6.
It is not everybody who keeps singing about the poor is actually caring for the poor.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by pilgrim1(f): 1:01pm On May 28, 2009
KunleOshob:

It is actually evident from the scriptures that christian giving is more about giving to the needy than even giving to the poor,

. . . And what's the difference between the needy and the poor?? grin
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by pilgrim1(f): 1:03pm On May 28, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

If you are to be remembered for anything in this forum it will be your passionate efforts to discourage faithful Christians from giving to God in the form of tithes and offerings. This says so much about your so called desire for Christian giving to the poor.

Gbam. grin
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by KunleOshob(m): 1:18pm On May 28, 2009
pilgrim.1:

. . . And what's the difference between the needy and the poor?? grin

That was a typo, i have modified it.

OLAADEGBU:

If you are to be remembered for anything in this forum it will be your passionate efforts to discourage faithful Christians from giving to God in the form of tithes and offerings. 

If i would remembered for anything in this forum, it would be my passionate efforts to reveal the truths about tithes and christian giving to fellow christians and to free several christians who have been under the yoke and bondage of tithing from the evil spell of compulsary tithing which had been cast on them. And i do really feel fufilled cos on a regular basis i get mails from people thanking me for assisting in releasing them from this bondage through undiluted scriptural truths.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by dgreatrock(m): 1:19pm On May 28, 2009
yes!
QED!
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by guruno1(m): 9:19am On Jun 22, 2009
He is my man anyday, any time!!!!!!

Its a metter of principle

not really self righteousness

but i want to say

WHAT WILL TAKE MANY PEOPLE TO HELL IS NOT the church they attend, the cloths they wear, the money they have, etc

BUT SELF, NOT DENYING SELF, TAKING UP THE CROSS( at times suffering and shame) follow christ

people only preach the resurrection without preaching the CROSS( think about this, selah)

For my family we are RICH,, when i mean Rich, not to show or brag, and still deeper lifers, have many family friends in HIGHLY PLACED , I MEAN HIGHLY PLACED

SO WHAT IS IT?
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by guruno1(m): 9:36am On Jun 22, 2009
I heard you say they a social misfit

Let me make a point here,

In a family of 10, when the father tells the children something , or teaches something real, not all the kids will get it right.its always hard for evry on of the kids to get it right

same thing happened to Jesus's desiples. WE had Judas

same thing applies to all sect and churches, even groups

so you dont count on the few hundreds of thousands scattered all over to judge the remaining millions geting the message right

i hope this helps you understand the fact that deeperlife members are not social misfit, I am not and so many of my friends, I might even beat you when it comes to that anyway( but remember only if does not go against the Bible and what christ has said concerning living the christian life here in this world, remember Titus 2:12-end, plz read that)

thanks a lot for reading
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Backslider(m): 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2009
@ The Issue of Gbagada Church

I for one know that the Gbagada Church is very small.
Besides Bro Kumuyi does not overburden the Oxen.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Duroe: 2:30pm On Jun 22, 2009
The question is is Pastor Kumuyi the 'BEST' holiness 'PREACHER'? It did not say if he is the most holy preacher.
I have been a believer for close to 20years right from my teenage years and by God's grace I am successful. I have been in scripture union, I have fellowshipped with many churches where 'ye must be born again' is being preached. I have been close to some GO and Pastors and have sat under the ministration of many. Most of the Pastors will never encourage you to live a sinful life. The problem is the definition they gave to what 'being holy' is.
Having listened to some of the messages and studied about the life and preaching of Pastor W. F Kumuyi, I can tell anyone that as far as pleasing God is concern, they can listen to what Kumuyi has to say and if they follow them, they cannot miss heaven. Some of the doctrineas being enforced in the church are administrative principles eg not having TV. Unfortunately I cannot say this same thing about many other preachers because they are silent on scriptural stand on some issues and openly encouraged some that are very controvertial. In the sense that some events in the Bible showed that God was not happy with them. And some are things not sinful in themselves but could draw the hearts of men away from God into the mundane things of this world. God will not send you away from heaven not not wearing jewelry or owning TV while on earth. But no preacher can say categorically that some will not miss heaven for the effects of these on their lives. Each of us need to be sincere and honest in whatever we do and with whatever motive we do anything in this life. Whether the Pastors are holy or not is God's responsibilty to judge. But judge your own self. All of us will stand as individuals before God to be judged not based on church affliation or who was our Pastor, but based on the standard of God who respect no persons.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 22, 2009
Topic

YESSSSSSSSSSSS![/size][/size] cool
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 23, 2009
AGAIN! YES
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by ogajim(m): 2:48am On Jun 24, 2009
WOW || "Release the hounds"|| cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Pastor Kumuyi appears kinda tamed compared to the rest in Nigeria.
Visited Gbagada a few times in the early 80s and have family in the "Church"
Holiness is not for man to know, we can only speculate based on what we see.

As always, buyer beware.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by durojim: 6:47pm On Jul 01, 2009
And Joshua said unto the people, Sanctify yourselves: for to morrow the LORD will do wonders among you. Josh 3:5

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Heb 12:14
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by muyiwa8: 4:17pm On Jan 19, 2010
Paul planteth, Apollos waters but it is God that giveth increase, this was the admonition of Paul, he said it is not him that waters or planteth that matters but God that giveth increaseth, he said whether Apollos,Paul or Peter they are all God's gifts to you, so why allow this kind of conversation to create an argument, Paul admonished us strongly to avoid vain conversation because they lead to more ungodliness, he said all these kind of communication gender strife i.e. they result in strife, people of God let us not allow the devil to use all these kind of argumentative conversation to cause any trouble between us, all these men of God are God's gifts to us, let us not prefer one over another instead let's acknoledge the hand of God upon their lives, all of them have made great impact in our generations, they have all contributed a lot to our generation, so let's just thank God for their lives, only God is the judge, he alone knows the greatest, even when Jesus disciples were thinking on who should be the greatest, He rebuked them, he only told them what to do to be the greatest,this has clearly shown us that to judge who the greatest is not our job but God's, our job is to do what he has commanded us to do, let's honour God in the life of this men of God, they have all tried for this generation, they have all made one contribution or the other which cannot be forgotten, even Paul said in 1Cor12 that we have different gifts and offices but the same Spirit that worketh in all, try to embrace the teachings of the true servants of God among today's prophets and you will have many things to learn from them not preffering one over another, if i like Paul than all the other bible characters, does that mean i will not read the stories of others,no, so let's embrace the teachings of these great men of God and we shall have a lot to learn from them,only God knows those who are holy or nor,so let's leave all to God who shall judge every man according to their works on earth,He alone can judge right, because Jesus said whoever receives a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward, so why not let's put conversations like this aside and reach for more godly conversation that will charge all of us to do that which is right.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by chinedumo(m): 3:24pm On Jan 29, 2010
he is trying I believe. But still jewelries, bangs gold, trousers, earrings, are not signs of unholiness.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Sweelvehieple: 8:42pm On Feb 10, 2010
icq 404358309 КИДАЛА
Продает teamviewer!!
Не верьте ему!!!!
icq 404358309[b][/b]
icq 404358309
team viewer
Loginvovchyk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? / Paul Enenche Reveals Those Behind Kaduna Killings, Tells UN What To Do (VIDEO) / But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.