Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,262 members, 7,839,327 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others (15091 Views)

N/assembly Deletes David Mark, 8 Others As Serving Senators / “we Pay Police To Kill Police, N500,000 Per Head” – Boko Haram / Armed Fulani Strike Again In Ekiti, Kill Police Corporal, Two Villagers Wounded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by jmaine: 2:46pm On May 28, 2011
Buhari is gone for good in the political history of Nigeria and it is good riddance to a total rubbish . . . Move on with your life or sufforcate yourself while sulking at your god political demise . . . You have a lenghty time of 4 years to keep sulking. wondering if you will even make it considering the level of sadness, bitterness and sorrow you are subjected to every seconds of the day. . .

honeric01:

Why would it make sense to you if kara was different from beans in your eyes? undecided

I employ you, save your strength for the future, you have alot of defending to do, this is just the beginning, the few who saw GEJ for who he is already knew what to expect, but you can continue in your folly. sad grin grin grin
blame this on sentiments, poor educational system and tribalism.

Without beans, there can't be an akara, without PDP, there wouldn't have been GEJ in the first place. these same people that claimed they didn't vote for PDP but GEJ actually thumb-printed on a PDP logo. sad

Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by Myself2(m): 4:31pm On May 28, 2011
jmaine:

[/size]
So who was the right person . .your crying general and leader Buhari . . you have no choice than to accept the fact that Buhari is history, you also have to accept the fact that he lost and the current president in GEJ won . . .you look like someone who would be going for regular Blood pressure check ups just because you miscalculated the potential of your pet project Buhari to be acceptable, considering his antecedents which was well proven to everyone to see what a blood thirsty monster he, his party , and his followers are . . .

In order to avoid bringing your GEJ sourness to this thread . .i will excuse you to continue in your self poisoning act as no one can really help you from self destructing one day . . . your bitterness in every thread you visit is just bizarre

grin grin grin grin
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by honeric01(m): 5:56pm On May 28, 2011
@jmaine

Like i said, save your strength for the future, it's 4 years boy.
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by jmaine: 12:46am On May 29, 2011
honeric01:

@jmaine

Like i said, save your strength for the future, it's 4 years boy.

Till then son . . .
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by Maitsageta(m): 1:52am On May 29, 2011
It is another BOKO HARAM outfit, because they elude a DPO and a commandant. However, what do you expect of the cream of characters in the army and police. They are ex-this, ex-than in crime and red color gangsters. Over to you, His Excellency, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (after Yar'adua), Goodluck Ebele Jonathan!!!
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by igboboy1(m): 4:31am On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

Even the OPC is more educated than your daft arse not to think like that.

shut up there u daft thing, i can see u are a lietunant in OPC (bunch of daft things), anuofia like u,
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by chagga(m): 8:09am On May 29, 2011
Police corporal kills tanker driver
From HENRY CHUKWURAH, Port Harcourt
Sunday, May 29, 2011

More Stories on This Section

A police corporal attached to the Anti-Pipeline Vandalization Task Force has shot dead a tanker driver in Ahoada area of Rivers State. Already, the trigger-happy policeman is on his way out of the Force as police authorities hinted that he would be arraigned in court soon. The suspect (names withheld) was alleged to have shot the tanker driver at Olokobo in Ahoada West Local Government Area during a quarrel.

The incident occurred about 3 p.m. on Friday, May 27. The victim was rushed to hospital where he died shortly after he was admitted. Consequently, tanker drivers have threatened to go on strike.
Confirming the incident, police spokesman in the state, Mr. Benjamin Ugwuegbulam (DSP), said the suspect was of the Anti-Pipeline Vandalisation Task Force, Zone Six, Calabar, adding that he has been detained and his weapon recovered.

Mr. Ugwuegbulam said the corporal was “being dismissed” and, “to be charged to court next week”. He said police detectives and the State CID have stepped into the matter. The police image-maker assured that the threat of “road blockade and strike” by tanker drivers was being “managed” and urged for calm.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/may/29/national-29-05-2011-009.html

DON'T KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH THESE BUNCH OF ASS HOLES, INSTEAD OF DEFENDING US THEY ARE KILLING US MAY GOD HELP US
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by Sagamite(m): 10:03am On May 29, 2011
igbo boy:

shut up there u daft thing, i can see u are a lietunant in OPC (bunch of daft things), anuofia like u,

You are a cretin!

With the way you reason, the average OPC you are calling daft is more intelligent than you!

Buffoon!
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by Manuelkyle(m): 7:55pm On May 29, 2011
As it's said a idle mind is the devil workshop, Let them continue to kill themselves after-all it's not civilians they are killing.Thank God!
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by cheikh: 9:58pm On May 29, 2011
chagga
DON'T KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH THESE BUNCH OF backside HOLES, INSTEAD OF DEFENDING US THEY ARE KILLING US MAY GOD HELP US

@chagga ^^

Have you ever wondered why such trigger happy incidents happen often in the Southern part of Nigeria? Well, let me be blunt with you, absolute police "CONTEMPT" for citizens of the south. There's an inherent belief amongst our uniformed men that Southerners are COWARDS or soft touch who will never be provoked enough to react or retaliate whenever a lone or handful of rogue police men abuse or kill any Southerner. You'll never hear of such incidents in the North of Nigeria because they(Police), know the immediate consequence and response to such bad behaviour by citizens within the vicinity.Police impunity and rogue behaviour seem to be peculiar to the South of Nigeria. We should not continue to tolerate and pretend that all is well. There is a difference in Policing standards and behaviour- North- South embarassed shocked.
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by drhappy(m): 8:29am On May 30, 2011
Just wish both groups can kill themselves to extinction. They are no good to this country. I rather be in the 'safe' hands of Boko haram than the Nigerian police. Hell, Nigerian police has killed more victims than the Boko's. If it was a civilian that was killed, chances are that we wouldn't know about it. It happens daily. The army probably belong to the same category, and treat civilians like filth when they get the chance. Please, kill urselfs, we might be better off.

You have spoken my mind on this issue.It is better for them to annihilate themselves.
The two groups are both irresponsible institutions with their men without any sense of logic and reasoning.The average policeman/soldier is a beast that wants to be preying on innocent citizens.
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by Sagamite(m): 10:09am On May 30, 2011
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5707118-146/story.csp

[size=18pt]Families of slain officers seek justice[/size]

The gruesome killing of the Divisional Police Officer (DPO), the Divisional Crime Officer (DCO) and an Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP), three key officers of the Badagry police station on May 24 has caused their families anguish.

Their dependents, including aged parents and siblings, are still in shock over the death of the officers whom they described as “loving officers who have left wounds in our hearts that can never heal”.

We want justice

Salisu Samuel, the DPO, a native of Nupe, from Morkwa in Niger state left behind six children, a wife, aged parents and many siblings.

His younger brother John Salisu, who was at the LASUTH Mortuary Ikeja at the weekend, said the DPO’s death was premeditated murder.

“My brother the DPO was a very charming, hard working and selfless officer,” Mr Salisu said. “He has put in 25 years in police work and for him to be killed like a common criminal is very disheartening, the whole family has collapsed since the news of his gruesome death in the hands of the military last week, he was the first child of the family and everybody including our aged parents are in shock.

Mr Salisu said the family wanted justice. He called on the government to set up a judicial panel of enquiry because “we do not have confidence in the panel being set up by the police and the army. The international human right groups and the whole world should hear and see how soldiers are killing Nigerians”.

He further said, “My brother’s death was a set up, because he was a close friend of the CO (Commanding Officer) of that barracks, they ate and drank together. For him to be killed, stripped naked and bricks and stones used on him is very sad, after serving the country he will be repaid with this gruesome death.”

Speaking about their loss, the family of the DCO said Mr Okedusi left behind a void that cannot be filled.

“He has two wives and many children, five of them are undergraduates in the university, you know in Yoruba culture we do not count children,” Michael Okedusi, the younger brother of the late DCO said. “ He was the bread winner, not just to his immediate family but to his extended family. The DCO has put in 34 years in service and he was preparing to retire in five months time when he met his untimely death in the hands of the soldiers.”

Also expressing a lack of confidence in the panel being set up by the police and army, he said “the culprits should be tried in public, so that the culprits will be punished publicly and this will serve at deterrent to other erring officers who take the laws into their hands.”

‘Oh, my husband!’

The family of late ASP Taofeek Afolabi said his death was a rude shock to the family. His wife Folashade a petty trader narrated the last moment she spent with her late husband.

“My husband left home on Monday. On Tuesday, I called him about 11.00am that I heard there was trouble at Badagry he told me he was fine,” she said. “After he was shot, I went to see him at the hospital and he asked after his children, I said they are fine. Now he is dead, who will take care of our children in nursery and primary school? My husband was everything to me and I don’t know if I can have any other husband like him, I am a petty trader and he cared for me and his family so where will I go for help now.”

Fatia Adeola, the elder brother of late Mr Afolabi said it was disheartening that his brother who loved his job and put in 11 years in the service had his life wasted. He called on the government to curb the excesses of the military.

“The gruesome killing of police officers is one case out of hundreds of cases of atrocities committed by the military,” Mr Adeola said. “Anytime something happens to one of them, they will go on rampage killing innocent civilians. Last year in Ilesha, a drunk soldier was found dead in the gutter, that was how soldiers trooped into houses and started killing innocent people. We can remember the Ojulegba killings in 2005, where soldiers killed innocent people, now it is police officers. Next time it may be the CP, the AIG or even Mr President himself that the soldiers will kill, so the federal government must put an end to this dastardly act of the soldiers.”

Meanwhile the Africans For Human Rights International (AfriRights), a human right organization in Lagos, in a press statement dated May 27 has petitioned the presidency to set up a national judicial panel of enquiry to fish out and publicly try the soldiers responsible for the killing of the police officers in Badagry.

The president of AfiRights, Afolabi Gbajumo, in the statement said “AfriRights unequivocally condemned the criminal spate of killings and rampant torture of police men and police women vis-a-vis innocent persons by rampaging arrant soldiers.”

“The claim by the Army PRO that the killings were not masterminded by the soldiers is mischievous fallacy,” Mr Gbajumo said. “We request president Goodluck Jonathan who is by constitution the commander in chief of the Armed forces and the National Assembly to bring the CO of the 242Recce battalion and the culprits to face justice as the killing was premeditated murder.”

He also asked that the families of the slain officers be compensated.

How can a police office be having 6 kids?

The other one had 5 kids that are undergraduates and more that "we should not count for him". How would such a cretin not be corrupt since there is no way his police salary would be enough.
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by 2muchlogic(m): 10:31am On May 30, 2011
cheikh:

You are actually advocating a coup d'Etat grin grin. The head is Rotten so the rest of the body follows wink. In a country where nothing meaningful is manufactured, the President acquires four(4) presidential jets in less than twenty four months in power, what does that say to the rest of the followers? Our priorities are misplaced. Profligacy and inherent tendency to live beyond our means informs our actions usually negative. It's almost like a national culture. A thorough transformation of all our institutions (A-Z) is needed. Backwardness is very costly but unfortunately in our domain it has become naturalised and seemingly normal. It's shameful sad and disabling. It manifests itself in general [b]indiscipline [/b]and [b]tolerance [/b]for all manner bad behaviour by so called 'gatekeepers' or 'moral guardians' even the religious zealots amongst us are part of the social decay/problem.

What I would like to ask is what about video evidence in Nigeria? Isn't vivid footage of corruption admissible in court? What stops the local and state government from installing cameras in areas where residents have reported this kind of activity?
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by 2muchlogic(m): 12:50pm On May 30, 2011
cctv monitoring will help to solve the problem  smiley smiley
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by cheikh: 7:19pm On May 30, 2011
2muchlogic
cctv [/b]monitoring will help to solve the problem

@2muchlogic ^^

You are a very optimistic person indeed grin. You obviously do not understand the underlying socio-political dynamics of our society. Cameras are not even [b]tolerated
in some public places like airports, around banks, near military and police depots etc. There is no law against cameras per se but arbitrarily the so called security agents have imposed such 'laws' on us. Corruption is mutually beneficial to every public office holder in Nigeria. Nobody wants to be recorded or photographed grin grin. Try holding your mobile phone to film incidents in public places and see what happens to you grin. It's not nollywood my friend. Most public policy decisions in Nigeria are guided by very narrow self interest. How do you finance, service and sustain the cctv equipments knowing the "Nigerian factor"? In any case, sooner or later the equipments will be sabotaged, destroyed or deliberately made obsolete like our traffic lights and bad roads.
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by cheikh: 7:38pm On May 30, 2011
Sagamite
“He[b] has two wives and many children, five of them are undergraduates in the university[/b], you know in Yoruba culture we do not count children,”

^^ There lies some of the root causes of our social malaise i.e. Corruption. How does an honest civil servant or DCO in the police force meet their personal responsibility adequately in the light of the above ^^ snippet/info shocked?

May his Soul Rest In Peace sad.
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by Sagamite(m): 7:43pm On May 30, 2011
cheikh:

Sagamite
^^ There lies some of the root causes of our social malaise i.e. Corruption. How does an honest civil servant or DCO in the police force meet their personal responsibility adequately in the light of the above ^^ snippet/info shocked?

May his Soul Rest In Peace sad.

Each child in university will cost him at least N60K per semester, that is N300K. This is someone who at his rank is making less than N100K per month, so N300K per semester.

He has rent to pay, he still has to take care of several other children "we should not count for him", he has to pay for transportation and several other day to day expenses.

How would he not be corrupt?

All due to his own fault.

Then he will send his subordinates to terrorise other Nigerians on the streets by extracting money from them.
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by kabba7(m): 8:06pm On May 30, 2011
I can bet with anybody D so called investigation is to buy time, if U have issues wit military do it one time don't wait for anybody,noise can follow. D dead don't talk anyway!
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by cheikh: 8:38pm On May 30, 2011
Sagamite
How would he not be corrupt?
All due to his own fault.
Then he will send his subordinates to terrorise other Nigerians on the streets by extracting money from them.

@Sagamite

In the light of the information about his life style wink, can we rightly assume or conclude that our Culture is to blame shocked. It is manifested - in polygamy, belief in "non counting" of offsprings, sexual rapaciousness/laxity by our men, indiscipline and general tolerance for professional mediocrity or corruption and Inertia in Nigeria. There is a serious need for an enduring long lasting attitudinal change by every Nigerian. The actions of the soldiers and police men are a reflection of the "Nigerian" culture of impunity and slackness. Our Educational system need serious Review and Transformation if we are to enthrone general cultural order or Discipline.
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by 2muchlogic(m): 8:42pm On May 30, 2011
cheikh:

2muchlogic

@2muchlogic  ^^

You are a very optimistic  person indeed grin.

I'm positive, optimistic man yes  grin grin grin grin

cheikh:

You obviously do not understand the underlying socio-political dynamics of our society. Cameras are not even tolerated in some public places like airports, around banks, near military and police depots etc.  [size=13pt]There is no law against cameras[/size]

You are wrong, but I can understand why you got that impression (didn't have time to write more than 8 words).  if you look at my post that preceded it I asked:

What I would like to ask is what about video evidence in Nigeria? Isn't vivid footage of corruption admissible in court? What stops the local and state government from installing cameras in areas where residents have reported this kind of activity?

Then i was about to answer my own question by saying that there is so much corruption from the top to the common man on the street that a solution is impossible.  As your post has indicated filming is not illegal but nobody dose it.  If the so called secret services are around how can they arrest hundreds of people at once and destroy all of the footage? The footage can be beamed all over the world on the internet so the culprits can be exposed and humiliated.  The people can film SECRETLY with stealth cameras, but the question is do they want the change? No! Its easier to drive an uninsured car and bribe the policeman, its easier to drive wrecklessly and bribe the officer, its easier to drive without a driving license and bribe the police etc.

But more importantly, the politicians will make sure the police are as weak as hell, why? So they can remain above the law. Thats how Nigerians have remained in bondage for decades, look at IBB, and Buhari even had the guts to contest.  In the uk policemen can and have questioned the prime minister of the country, and politicians and if they are guilty they will go to jail.  But in Nigeria, the only policeman that will do that is an officer that wants to die quick!

The bottom line is that most Nigerians have become corrupt as a means of survival and and the politicians are corrupt to maintain their greedy grip on power - its a stalemate cry cry  Oh well, it will get worse under Jonathan Badluck
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by cheikh: 9:07pm On May 30, 2011
2muchlogic
The bottom line is that most Nigerians have become corrupt as a means of survival and and the politicians are corrupt to maintain their greedy grip on power - its a stalemate     Oh well, it will get worse under Jonathan Badluck

@2muchlogic   ^^

Well, mutual dependance wink and hegemonic control by the ruling elite, grin. Chaos is profitable for a few despite being very costly for nation.
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by Sagamite(m): 9:11pm On May 30, 2011
cheikh:

Sagamite
@Sagamite

In the light of the information about his life style wink, can we rightly assume or conclude that our Culture is to blame shocked. It is manifested - in polygamy, belief in "non counting" of offsprings, sexual rapaciousness/laxity by our men, indiscipline and general tolerance for professional mediocrity or corruption and Inertia in Nigeria. There is a serious need for an enduring long lasting attitudinal change by every Nigerian. The actions of the soldiers and police men are a reflection of the "Nigerian" culture of impunity and slackness. Our Educational system need serious Review and Transformation if we are to enthrone general cultural order or Discipline.

You said most of it but I must stress:

You can blame the culture and the following of stewpid aspects of culture.

And utter mooronic illiteracy.

There is nothing wrong with polygamy if you can afford to raise and support the structure but this man is popping kids he possibly can't take care of.
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by cheikh: 9:35pm On May 30, 2011
Sagamite
There is nothing wrong with polygamy if you can afford to raise and support the structure but this man is popping kids he possibly can't take care of.

@Sagamite

I agree that there's nothing inherently wrong with polygamy if done according to proper traditional guidelines but somehow the institution has been abused by men in contemporary society(Africa)/towns and cities.
I guess the DCO is a victim of his own 'indiscipline' coupled with the pressure and lure of quasi custom of polygamy beckoning to the "Big" man in him grin grin to live up, demonstrate and affirm his manhood/ "Bigmanhood", especially in the perception of his immediate community and colleagues grin. It's sad.
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by Maitsageta(m): 12:12am On May 31, 2011
Think the source of the killings (between army and the police). It was CORRUPTION across our territorial borders. Everybody wants to have a control. Your cannot achieve such control until they have tested their fire and stupidity powers. After all, few days, after the incidence, even with the arrest of the commandant, it was said that NONE OF THE ARMED UNITS WERE INVOLVED IN THE SHOOTINGS. Nigeria, motherland!!!!!
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by loco4love: 11:59pm On Mar 14, 2013
Our enemies are killing each other HALLELUYAH.
Re: Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others by BCJAY(f): 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2013
The world is surely coming to end.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

11 Parents Of Nigeria's Abducted Girls Die / Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP / Nigerian Soldiers Cutting The Throats Of Boko Haram Members (pics And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.