Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,554 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? (35615 Views)

Do Married Men Envy Bachelors? / Bachelors, How Do You Manage Marriage Pressure? / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by seyz91(m): 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2021
Confirm!

Can't be said any better
lilvicky68:
Older bachelors won't feel anything..they are used to it..
You can't miss what you don't have..

4 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by QueenVaji: 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:

I WONDER THE TYPE OF PERSON YOU ARE. DID YOU CREATE THIS THREAD TO TELL PEOPLE YOUR EXPERIENCE OR TO MOCK BACHELORS?

very useless human being...behaving like a kid

6 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by debbydams(f): 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2021
Newboss:

The post is about bachelors, not guys without kids. A bachelor could have kids while not married.
abeggi undecided start from the beginning jor read the comments
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Newboss(m): 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So women love being used by men then? undecided

Feminists are the female version of red pillers. No one love being used.

2 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by seyz91(m): 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2021
cheesy best reply
Machinegun91:
You are insulting us here indirectly,

Old bachelors are always happy because our wives and childrens are always in scrotumz

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by mirinder: 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2021
debbydams:
nothing like. Family,seeing your kids or playing with them,,the joy is always sweet..
how many kids would you love to have
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Crucialgem(m): 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2021
Yes they do other thing, yes they engage in societal activities but still yet, there is that vaccum that needs to be filled, and once a while it really grips them. I am younger bachelor though but there are times I just feel something is really missing

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Newboss(m): 9:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
debbydams:
abeggi undecided start from the beginning jor read the comments

I did. I was referring to your comment and what the thread is about. Bachelors, not childless men

2 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by GeneralPula: 9:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
Till now, I still don’t understand what loneliness really means cuz as a young bachelor, I don’t miss anything..

I have girls, I’m not just dating..

I live alone. I do all my things alone. House cleaning to cooking to washing to clothings to cooking..

I have Netflix and I have a Ps4..

So when people say they’re lonely, does it mean they don’t have nothing going on in their lives or what cuz I just don’t get it..

Having no girlfriend is no factor for being lonely to me..

10 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Ocholu: 9:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
Oblongata:

I beg to differ sir!

Merely seeing friends/family that are married then Bachelors know what they are missing.

I have a very close friend who is a 43 year old bachelor and he has turned my kids to his kids...

Dude calls me way ahead of time to discuss how he would celebrate my kid’s birthday (without asking for his help o)

We (Me and wife) tried hooking him up a lot of times but he was very choosy. The last girl we hooked him up with (That appeared to be perfect. 24 year old Young lawyer Who just finished law college) he said she had incision at her back and that was it...

He confided in me sometime ago that he envies me a lot, and that he knows something is missing in his life, which is having a family.

Reason he had been treating my family like his.

Truth is: Bachelor’s know they are lonely, and they miss having a family.

Do run DNA test on your kids bro.

Envy ko. Envinus ni!

5 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by lexy2014: 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2021
AgentGoat:

It's expensive. 4-6 million excluded the baby care.

How did u arrive at 4-6m? Can u give a breakdown of this 4-6million? What's d time range this 4-6m will be spent? How many bachelor's can afford this 4-6m in Nigeria to do get surrogates to have children for him, pay them off after birth, hire nannies to be care givers...?

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by seyz91(m): 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2021
I also beg to differ further sir

Cuz you happen to know a person or two doesn't generalize it

But truth be told in general sense! You can't really miss what you never had
Oblongata:

I beg to differ sir!

Merely seeing friends/family that are married then Bachelors know what they are missing.

I have a very close friend who is a 43 year old bachelor and he has turned my kids to his kids...

Dude calls me way ahead of time to discuss how he would celebrate my kid’s birthday (without asking for his help o)

We (Me and wife) tried hooking him up a lot of times but he was very choosy. The last girl we hooked him up with (That appeared to be perfect. 24 year old Young lawyer Who just finished law college) he said she had incision at her back and that was it...

He confided in me sometime ago that he envies me a lot, and that he knows something is missing in his life, which is having a family.

2 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by lolu2019: 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2021
Ocholu:

Do run DNA test on your kids bro.

Envy ko. Envinus ni!
hah,u r a bad guy.u mean the neighbor is knacking op wife.

3 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by suffering: 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2021
Humanoid01:

It's not a must to own something and lose it before you realize what you've lost. Sometimes we just feel some kind of emptiness inside of us and we know that we're missing something.

To some, that feeling doesn't linger, to others it lingers and goes deeper until they begin the search for the fulfillment of their cravings. We're just wired like that, no matter how we try to hide it.
You’re right. I miss the feasts I partook in Heaven, the never ending battles in Valhalla as well as the unspeakable tortures of hell.

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by princewarri1985: 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2021
Bro you have a good wife you are lucky, because the way women dey perform now ehn, to marry even scare me more than death, so we older bachelors miss nothing because we dey enjoy our life dey go, peace of mind is priceless and i wont trade it for anything on this earth, nothing is more fun like coming back home from work everyday and meet the house just how you left it and no wife to drag the remote with you, just get yourself a baby mama and train you kid, fvck marriage

5 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by folks4luv(f): 9:10pm On Sep 13, 2021
Although is it not part of the discussion but that your friend has an issue be is not discussing with you. Could be mental or physical but there is a strong issue and being choosy is a cover up
Oblongata:

I beg to differ sir!

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by debbydams(f): 9:10pm On Sep 13, 2021
3 is cool
mirinder:
how many kids would you love to have
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
princewarri1985:
Bro you have a good wife you are lucky, because the way women dey perform now ehn, to marry even scare me more than death, so we older bachelors miss nothing because we dey enjoy our life dey go, peace of mind is priceless and i wont trade it for anything on this earth, nothing is more fun like coming back home from work everyday and meet the house just how you left it and no wife to drag the remote with you, just get yourself a baby mama and train you kid, fvck marriage
Abeg go see psychiatrist! undecided
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by debbydams(f): 9:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
Newboss:

I did. I was referring to your comment and what the thread is about. Bachelors, not childless men
moti gbo
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Tedpgrass: 9:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
AleAirHub:
I'm currently in my family friends house for days now to ease off the loneliness and boredom because I'm tired of living alone and also running � from many underskirt warriors too.

At least I feel happier with my adopted brothers pending when I'm ready to say I do lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

grin grin grin grin

You need to get occupied

With a hobby, a project or charitable function....

When on getting home, all you can think of, is food, sleep and spiritual sustenance - - boredom is far away.

The men of faith preach it.. Largely to the sisthren...
Keep occupied.

I'd say likewise the men!!

I accept that at the extended family or Owambe party it becomes a stark reminder when a much younger niece or nephew has his growing football team toddlers running after him.

But hey such is life.

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by debbydams(f): 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Abeg go see psychiatrist! undecided
kikikiki grin grin grin
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
folks4luv:
Although is it not part of the discussion but that your friend has an issue be is not discussing with you. Could be mental or physical but there is a strong issue and being choosy is a cover up
OP, see, it wasn't just me who found something off about the description you gave of that friend of yours. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Delph123(m): 9:14pm On Sep 13, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
cheesy

They want to guilt men into marrying.

grin grin
As in I don read comments tired cheesy nah poor bachelor dey feel lonely
Born child and train them don’t let woman pressure kill all because to satisfy what people will say , you’re alive that’s why they are talking ,if you die today no one will remember you again ,just live your life
But make sure you get the big bag �

5 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Newboss(m): 9:14pm On Sep 13, 2021
debbydams:
moti gbo

No vex me this night.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by don4real18(m): 9:16pm On Sep 13, 2021
It's not easy living as a not-too-old bachelor. I tend to reach out to my friends and their families regularly to rid myself of loneliness temporarily. I take their family like mine because I miss not having a family at this stage of my life. Knowing I was once engaged and went ahead to do the family introduction only for my ex-fiance to call it off over a ridiculous reason few months to the wedding makes the feeling worse. I sometimes find myself lost in thought. I know that one day I will get married and also raise my family. It's not easy.

5 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Epher: 9:16pm On Sep 13, 2021
[quote author=Oblongata post=105786886]
I beg to differ sir!

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Burgerlomo: 9:17pm On Sep 13, 2021
lilvicky68:
Older bachelors won't feel anything..they are used to it..
You can't miss what you don't have..

Wa gbayi iwo bobo abi sisi yi grin

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Lacash: 9:17pm On Sep 13, 2021
Oblongata:
When I was taking my kids to their grandpa few days ago to spend the remainder of their holidays I was so happy! Coupled with the fact that my wife was also traveling the following day, my joy knew no bounds. Finally the peace and freedom I craved was here!

This weekend my home didn’t feel happy! It was sad and lonely. I felt cold loneliness throughout. I tried everything I could to distract myself but I miss my family so bad!

I miss our little quarrels, our eventual understanding and acceptance of each other using truce keeping.

I miss their mum badly. This made me wonder? How do older bachelors cope in this very lonely world? Una dey try o... respect.
It all boils down to the fact that you’ve already had the experience, Bachelor never get any experience, so dem nor no as e dey be. grin grin
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Babydaddymateri(m): 9:17pm On Sep 13, 2021
Yinmu... Iffa feel anything, kin bend. Ordinary gf wey I get sef, I'm feeling choked - commitment is xoxo tasking if you ask me why

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by chemgee: 9:19pm On Sep 13, 2021
E be like say na person like you dey carry shoulders up for church wen d pastor announces: "Please Men (i.e married males) wait behind after d service 4 a brief meeting"

Why do you assume that Single folks = Lonely folks or unhappy folks?

Baba, please better find a new hobby/project or increase your circle of friends... The idle (lonely) mind is da devil's workshop. Ask David o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by AleAirHub(m): 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2021
Tedpgrass:

You need to get occupied

With a hobby, a project or charitable function....

When on getting home, all you can think of, is food, sleep and spiritual sustenance - - boredom is far away.

The men of faith preach it.. Largely to the sisthren...
Keep occupied.

I'd say likewise the men!!

I accept that at the extended family or Owambe party it becomes a stark reminder when a much younger niece or nephew has his growing football team toddlers running after him.

But hey such is life.

Thanks for your recommendation, I will give it a try.
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by debbydams(f): 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2021
Newboss:

No vex me this night.
I'm not in my best mood tonight..u won embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry / At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? / “My wife denies me my sexual rights”, husband tells court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.