Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,590 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer (14685 Views)

FG Has Fully Implemented Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters - Maigari Dingyadi / Amotekun Is Unconstitutional - Maigari Dingyadi, Police Affairs Minister / 'we Stand By Nigeria' - Transparency International, Praise EFCC Chair, Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:04am On Sep 15, 2021
The Minister of Police Affairs, Maigari Dingyadi, has said that former acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, CP Ibrahim Magu, is still on the Federal Government’s payroll as a police officer despite his suspension by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd).

The minister spoke on Tuesday when he featured as a guest on Channels Television’s ‘Politics Today’ current affairs programme monitored by The PUNCH.

Magu, who served as acting chairman of the EFCC from 2015 to 2020, was rejected twice by the Senate.

He was later suspended along with several others in July 2020 for allegedly mismanaging funds of the commission, an allegation which he vehemently denied.

The former EFCC boss was probed for over three months by a judicial panel of inquiry led by a former President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Ayo Salami.

The panel made several recommendations but the report has not been made public to date.

The President later in February 2021 named Abdulrasheed Bawa as the new EFCC chairman to replace Magu.

In July 2021, the Police Service Commission approved the promotion of 24 Commissioners of Police to the next rank of Assistant Inspectors General of Police but a statement by the Commission’s Head of Press and Public Relations, Ikechukwu Ani, said that “the Commission declined the promotion of CP Magu pending clearance from the office of the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice and the Office of the Inspector General of Police.”

Giving an update on Magu’s case on the programme on Tuesday, the minister said, “The matter is investigated and the man is still in the service, he is still in the Force Headquarters, I don’t want to expatiate at this material time as to what is happening to the report of the committee. What I know is that the report has been submitted to Mr President and as far as I know, no communication has yet to be submitted to the ministry or the police force on this matter.

“So, we are waiting for the final outcome and the public will be informed as and when the need arises.”

“Of course, he is still a police officer even though he is under suspension. He used to be the chairman of the EFCC but he is no longer one.

“But that does not mean he is not on the payroll of the Federal Government; he is still a civil servant, he is still a police officer until a final decision is taken on the matter, I don’t think I should say anything more than I have said on this matter now,” Dingyadi added.
https://punchng.com/ex-efcc-chair-magu-still-on-fg-payroll-as-police-officer-minister/

Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by Daveambition(m): 1:16am On Sep 15, 2021
This Buhari regime is full of lawlessness..
Imagine Magu still dey collect salary, meanwhile FG carry we Doctors dey catch cruise..
Tru-Tru, this country na Zooyard

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by Caboceer: 1:44am On Sep 15, 2021
This is sensational only because journalists know that the average Nigerian reads without thinking.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by DrSamOnowu87(m): 1:54am On Sep 15, 2021
This Government is government of the Fulanis by the Fulanis for the Fulanis.
Can u imagine d certified criminal,looter stil receiving salary.
if he were to be an Igbo, Yoruba or other tribe he wud ve been languishing in cell,jail but a fulani... don't touch and that is Y nothing is moving in dis cow_ntri expect cow, gun, killer herdsmen, bandits,kidnappers, hunger,injustice etc.
God wil punish and take away from our way that lifeless vegetable and his bunch of clueless aides,special advisers,personal assistances etc that has held dis cow_ntri hostile hostage and backward while he grants freedom to our heroes & freedom figthers @#MNK...@#IGBOHO.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by Karlovych: 2:05am On Sep 15, 2021
embarassed embarassed Government for the North, in the North and by the North. May punishment continue to befall Lugard's soul.

15 Likes

Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by Hangmnk: 4:45am On Sep 15, 2021
Great
Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by Askng(m): 4:45am On Sep 15, 2021
The Contrast

In slumbering slope they lay,
their gaiety snores in rhythmic peaks of cadences,
The lily livered japes
Kings from central castings,
Heroes of one hour,
jostling for President with mere words
Resigned to bed now, save one.
Cowards, afraid of prison walls
seeking fame by fraud.

Oh Fame, how Disinterested
oh time, how revealing
motives concealed but not to all,
they were boys all along
impressing us by publicity
with drama for the surface

But the sternest stood alone
though jeered and calumniated, yet undeterred
taunted by the guns of the oppressors
marooned in their prison
confined to Abuja
denied of dignity
Yet his passion soars with coruscation of brilliancy

The quest for freedom stems from the heart
the cause for which he dared a tyrant
who sought a cause by a fraudulent jurist
to make him bend or make him bow.
unlike the cowards he never stooped,
he stirred the oppressed from their slumber,
and made some men by delayed revolution.

where are all the orators who came to bury Caesar by campaign?
They snore in the bedroom unaffected by the groaning of the people
some seeking publicity by suing twitter,
others purloining at the tables of business felons.
In the struggle for emancipation,
the boys are separated from the men.

Dedicated to Omoyele Sowore
The Nigerian Born Activist
who stood alone when other younger candidates resigned to fate after the fraudulent election that imposed Buhari

https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/the_contrast__1308892
Copyright © Oluseyi Akinbami | Year Posted 2020

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by deedeemob(m): 4:46am On Sep 15, 2021
Na so d country be my people
Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by nony43(m): 4:47am On Sep 15, 2021
Imagine, the guy still de cashout and Buhari is telling us he suspended Magu.

1 Like

Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by maxtop(m): 4:52am On Sep 15, 2021
We all know that. Even the recently indicted Abba Kyari is still on governments payroll. Nothing is impossible in Nigeria my country. We are still awaiting what Buhari has to say about the indictment or should we let the policeman turned fashion designer fully resumes his work of killing and maiming the citizens ? cry cry cry cry cry

5 Likes

Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by Curious345: 4:55am On Sep 15, 2021
Why
Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by Cof1ex(m): 4:58am On Sep 15, 2021
Just negodi nu
Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by Ausval: 5:01am On Sep 15, 2021
Na todayyyyyyy

Even my papa wen Don die still dey payrol

Typical example of a country that nothing works
Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by Forthe: 5:02am On Sep 15, 2021
Efcc what about the political office holders...

1 Like

Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by aremuforlife(m): 5:05am On Sep 15, 2021
He has not been retired or sacked, he was only suspended as the EFCC acting chairman, it is still his fundamental human rights to receive its salary as at when due.

7 Likes

Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by fasho01(m): 5:06am On Sep 15, 2021
This country is on a scam cruise honestly

2 Likes

Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by Mophor: 5:09am On Sep 15, 2021
Damn Niggar!!!!!!

Issoright
Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by Grace001: 5:12am On Sep 15, 2021
Selective corruption fight...

He is a Fulani man, he can’t be treated like a southerner. Southerner mumu never do

A country like Nigeria can never progress or know peace. It’s not a curse

The way things are being run by Nigeria government can never result to progress and peace

1 Like

Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by ceaser: 5:12am On Sep 15, 2021
Fulanis on da beat.

When Obasanjo got EFCC's report on Afolabi's national ID card scam, he wasted no time instructing the agency to do their job and Afolabi (a high school senior to Obasanjo himself) was duly prosecuted and jailed.

You heard the latest about Abba Kyari, right? They are already perfecting moves to free the dude. The latest was that it is Buhari that will determine his fate.

Abeg, tell me. What right has Buhari ever done before in fighting corruption especially when it comes to his kinsmen or those that have decided to decamp to APC.

If he could raise Ganduje's hand in endorsement for a second term following an incontrovertible video evidence of dollar bribery, I don't see why he will believe Abba Kyari is guilty based on just an ordinary audio (phone) conversation.

2 Likes

Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by AroleOduduwa2: 5:15am On Sep 15, 2021
Buhari is the most corrupt politician in the history of Nigeria. I am convinced he taught abacha how to loot hence he was trusted with a sensitive position under abacha regime.

4 Likes

Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by gambia(m): 5:18am On Sep 15, 2021
I'm not surprised. A regime where the deads are still securing federal appointments.
Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by GreaterFuture(m): 5:23am On Sep 15, 2021
Ehen...!?
70 years old man oh
Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by WibusJaga: 5:30am On Sep 15, 2021

So much financial impunity in the land. People get away with financial crimes. No consequence management. Nobody takes responsibility or loses his job for such gross negligence. So much lawlessness.
Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by zoedew: 5:39am On Sep 15, 2021
Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by MeghaneMorgane(f): 5:41am On Sep 15, 2021
Imagine undecided
Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by ddeola: 5:47am On Sep 15, 2021
DEMONS. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by IdJack(m): 5:59am On Sep 15, 2021
Government of the north.

"What I know is that the report has been submitted to Mr President and as far as I know, no communication has yet to be submitted to the ministry or the police force on this matter."

Read the message again and understand.

It is well with me.

Kindly check my signature for your business ideas.
Re: Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer by SEGLIZ: 6:34am On Sep 15, 2021
bunch of criminals.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia State To Pay N2 Million For Each Murdered Cattle Trader In Abia / Lagos State LP Governorship Candidate, Rhodes Meets With Bode George / Treat All Gunshot Victims Without Police Report – IGP Orders Health Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.