Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee (32476 Views)

EPL Referee Anthony Taylor Is DEMOTED To The Championship / Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee / Clattenburg: Mikel Obi, Bellamy, Roy Keane Are Among My 5 Most Annoying Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by Help2020: 7:35pm On Sep 18, 2021
Calibrator:
That particular match was full of bias decisions.

Evans fouled Torres and as Clattenburg blew his whistle for a foul, Evans feeling guilty was already holding his head in his hands in anticipation of a straight red being the last defender, imagine the surprise when this biased referee pointed a second yellow card at Torres and sent him off for simulation.

Don't even get me started on the winning goal scored by United on the day.

[s]decisions like that is why Karma is dealing with Manchester United post-ferguson era.
[/s]
Long may it continue!

KTBFFH!
They finished above you last season. Oh you won champion's league. Well they have won it more than you..
Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by NybenSBF101(m): 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2021
Calibrator:

Evans fouled Torres and as Clattenburg blew his whistle for a foul, Evans feeling guilty was already holding his head in his hands in anticipation of a straight red being the last defender, imagine the surprise when this biased referee pointed a second yellow card at Torres and sent him off for simulation.

Fraudulent decisions like that is why Karma is dealing with Manchester United post-ferguson era.

Long may it continue!

KTBFFH!

No Chelsea fan will ever forget that broad day robbery. That idiot came to do only one thing, which is to make sure that Man Utd won
Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by Druss(m): 8:04pm On Sep 18, 2021
This guy is a Arrow. He thinks a lot of himself and has made some of the most ridiculous decisions in football. Mostly favouring teams he likes especially one called Man Utd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xowj6Qx78so

There are also a couple which he himself admits he messed up.

1 Like

Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by Josywhyte: 8:26pm On Sep 18, 2021
Clattenburg u we're guilty but because Mikel is a black man,hence FA dismissed the case. It Mikel (Blackman) was the one officiating the match,he would have been punished or fined for calling a white man monkey.
Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by Calibrator: 8:31pm On Sep 18, 2021
This is a frame of the "after contact" which had Evans and Torres on the ground and Ferdinand making a covering run.

Can you please show the frame of when the initial contact was made on Torres?

And show the frame of Hernandez exact position when Van Persie hit his shot? Was he offside or not?

splashbaby:

Your lies and bias na like Buhari love for Fulanis and Cows...

Toress commited a red card offence with a professional foul and he wasn't the last as you can see in the first picture. Ferdinand was ahead of him already ...Torres simulated a foul to get Evans a red card but back fired on him. Clattenburg was spot on. Only Chelsea fans watches the back of the TV back then.

The last goal was a classic counter attack that got Van Persin shooting from distance that clearly beat the goal keeper but rebounded and a second delivery from Rafael somehow found Chicharito after a goal mouth melee for a simple tap in. Chicharito as usual was the Chelsea nemesis scoring in every Chelsea matches he played...Clean goal! You have no basis whatsoever concerning the authenticity of the goal as there were no single protest by Chelsea players on the pitch as shown in the last picture. Only the sore pained fans will complain.
Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by HBB1(m): 8:38pm On Sep 18, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
[s][/s]

Afonja wailer grin cheesy
Weep more. I need your tears

Cc Seun
Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by splashbaby(m): 8:50pm On Sep 18, 2021
Calibrator:
This is a frame of the "after contact" which had Evans and Torres on the ground and Ferdinand making a covering run.

Can you please show the frame of when the initial contact was made on Torres?

And show the frame of Hernandez exact position when Van Persie hit his shot? Was he offside or not?

You can see Ferdinand just ahead of Evan's before Torres contact with with Evan's in the first picture. And just after impact. Evan's wasn't the last man here...and Torres tried to stimulate a foul here.

3rd picture showed Van Persie shoot beating Cech and Chicharito reacting quicker than the defender, he couldn't reach the rebound though, but Rafael relaunch the ball into the six yard box, Chicharito this time around as usual, reacted fastest coming in from offside position to slot the ball in in the six yard box. He was on the goal line with the Chelsea defenders after trying to reach the rebound from RVP shot.

Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by Calibrator: 8:55pm On Sep 18, 2021
In your third frame, was Hernandez offside when the initial shot was hit or not?
splashbaby:
You can see Ferdinand just ahead of Evan's before Torres contact with with Evan's in the first picture. And just after impact. Evan's wasn't the last man here...and Torres tried to stimulate a foul here.
Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by Lamasta(m): 8:55pm On Sep 18, 2021
One of the refs Ferguson and Man Utd used to oppress other teams then.. Na now karma dey reply the hoodlums fc grin
Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by splashbaby(m): 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2021
Calibrator:
In your third frame, was Hernandez offside when the initial shot was hit or not?
He was never offside because he didn't respond to RVP pass but to the rebound...however he never had contact with the ball from the rebound...he actually scored from Rafael cross and not RVP rebound.
Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by splashbaby(m): 9:18pm On Sep 18, 2021
Calibrator:
See just before RVP shot...Chicharito was well inside.

Se also when Rafael released the ball for the tap in.
Do you now agree there was nothing wrong with the goal.

Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by femi4: 9:55pm On Sep 18, 2021
He said it out of anger. Ramires heard it and told Mikel
Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by Silentgroper(m): 10:37pm On Sep 18, 2021
YekingPhones:
Hmmmm it is well

isell…ibuy…iswap…irepair all kinds of Uk used phone and laptops. You can visit our office at Phone Villa, Alaba International Market, Ojo Lagos/ Computer Village. Copia Plaza Ikeja or check out our siggy for more information.

@ Yeking Phone Stores, acquiring good gadget devices is our top notch concerns.

Best wishes�

Iswap?? ..

where is d dss nd n.a wen u need them. We have iswap member here..
Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by GetMeRight: 10:40pm On Sep 18, 2021
WibusJaga:

Black man will ever continue to play victim of racial abuse. The root cause is that feeling of inferiority to the whites.
If they call you black monkey, why not call them white monkey or something worse?

You think you know better than the actual victims? That's how all ignorant people think.
Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by Thebigheart: 11:22pm On Sep 18, 2021
kenzysmith:
Yes Mikel obi lied against him that very low of him , how on earth will a ref call him a monkey for England o wey they are strict about racist
Sir, I bet you don't know England when it comes to rascism.
Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by Caseless: 6:27am On Sep 19, 2021
Calibrator:

Fraudulent decisions like that is why Karma is dealing with Manchester United post-ferguson era.

Long may it continue!

KTBFFH!
maybe it's the same karma that's working against arsenal. Rubbish assertion!
Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by naheem8307(m): 6:59am On Sep 19, 2021
Calibrator:

Long may it continue!

KTBFFH!

Mehn You bad ooooo ... lol
Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by Ovie56(m): 11:16am On Sep 19, 2021
brainpower:
This man was guilty. It took media propaganda and especially Alex Ferguson because he was an influential and respected coach to come and speak out in his favour before things started to turn around for him. He should go and sit down.
Said with such sincerity and conviction, we're you there?
Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by mikaael(m): 11:57am On Sep 19, 2021
Factsinred:

A white man once called me a monkey and I replied by calling him an Orangutan... He didn't expect it and stumped off in rage (I give it back to racists hot hot kiss)

Nice one!
Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by Tundex911: 12:21pm On Sep 19, 2021
I'm still expecting one day some gonna mention Ferguson say he always bribe then to win matches back then...

We gonna get there soon

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by thundafire: 12:53pm On Sep 19, 2021
Calibrator:

Long may it continue!

KTBFFH!
but MANCHESTER UNITED is the biggest and most successful club in England. Chelshit don't come close
Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by PhenomenalAustin: 2:58am On Sep 21, 2021
Calibrator:

Long may it continue!

KTBFFH!

Always #KTBFFH brother.... May the Blue forces be with you!!! cool
Re: Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee by joyandfaith: 10:09pm On Nov 24, 2021
Factsinred:

A white man once called me a monkey and I replied by calling him an Orangutan... He didn't expect it and stumped off in rage (I give it back to racists hot hot kiss)

Bad guy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Liverpool Finally Beaten In The EPL, Arsenal's Invincible Record Preserved / Man Slumps, Dies During Early Morning Jogging Exercise In Lagos (photo) / Mohamed Salah Named 2018 African Player Of The Year [Full Awards List]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.