Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,285 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says (23922 Views)

Lekki Shootings: New Report Shows CNN Is Desperate — Lai Mohammed / Igbos Has No Relationship With Jews, Nnadi Kanu Should Keep Quiet / Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by onumadu: 11:47pm On Sep 18, 2021
From Fred Itua, Abuja

A new report has claimed that Igbo people in South East and some Nigerian tribes, share a common ancestry that is traceable to the lost tribes of Israel.

These discoveries are contained in a 738-page book titled “The Hebrew Evidence of Nigerian Jews: A Scriptural Insight” which is set for a public presentation.

The book is authored by a televangelist, Innocent Agu. The book describes Igbo language as one of the prehistoric languages, as it is the same as the Paleo-Hebrew, the original Hebrew language of the Bible.

Addressing newsmen in Abuja at the weekend, ahead of the launch of the book, Agu said it unravels the age-long mystery surrounding Igbo people and some other Nigerian tribes.

He said the research findings point to the fact that several indigenous Nigerian ethnic groups share a common ancestry that is traceable to the lost tribes of Israel and Edom/Iduma – the country of Esau called Edo and Idoma in Nigeria.

According to him, “The twelve lost tribes of Israel have been discovered in Nigeria. The tribes include those from Northern Israel that were captured by the King of Assyria in 722 BC and the dispersal tribes of Southern Kingdom after the invasion and conquest by the Roman soldiers in 70 AD led by Vaspasian in the Jewish-Roman war.

“The book unravels the age-long mystery surrounding Igbo people and some other Nigerian tribes.

“The research also revealed that the Paleo-Hebrew in which the Old Testament Bible was originally written is the same as Igbo language, both in words and dictionary meanings.”

Speaking further, he said over one thousand different Hebrew words, phrases, and sentences are recorded in the book to attest to this fact.

“The work recorded about a thousand ancient Nigerian towns from across Nigeria that corresponds to the same ancient Israeli/Idumean towns recorded in the Bible. Interestingly, while most of the listed towns are located in the Southern and Middle Belt of Nigeria, a considerable number is also found in northern Nigeria,” he added.

The author further identified many ethnic groups in Africa that are connected to the nation of Israel. He posited that the original people of the nation of Israel were black.

While tracing the origin of Igbo people of South East Nigeria, the author used linguistic and anthropological evidence.

He asserted that the name Igbo is derived from Eber the great-grandson of Shem and whose entire race is called Ebeo, Ebo, Ibo, or Igbo.

According to the chairman of the book launch committee, Dr. Sam Agbogun, the book is endorsed by several scholars and traditional rulers.

He said the findings in the book will surely open a new vista in the historical traditions of most Nigerian ethnic groups.

He said the book specifically solves the puzzle that has heralded the Igbo’s origin, tradition, and cultural practices.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/new-report-says-igbo-ethnic-group-shares-ancestry-with-jews/

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by onumadu: 11:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
Igbo proverb says that if a child is crying and pointing to a particular direction, if his father is not there, his mother must be there.

The more I read about real researched work on Igbo and Israel, the more I think that there is something there.

200 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by theInterpreter: 11:50pm On Sep 18, 2021

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Blackfire(m): 1:01am On Sep 19, 2021
Destroy that book

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by cosby02(m): 1:37am On Sep 19, 2021
Congratulation to the Igbos

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by CaptainAyub: 2:08am On Sep 19, 2021
This news mentions only Igbo ppl and Jews.
But let's bet,na ewedu and gbegiri ppl go full this thread spilling their usual bile.
Oya,let's go

115 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Nobody: 2:16am On Sep 19, 2021
Igbo people calling another tribe Esau, meanwhile they are the ones that fit Esau to a T. The irony.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by MeinFuhrer: 2:46am On Sep 19, 2021
Ibo peoples of nigeria don't share anything with Jews and it's been genetically debunked. Jews are two faced greedy humans who would do anything for money and power even if it means betrayal, just like the Yoruba's of nigeria, very good at manipulation just like zog but thank God the brits empowered fulani.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by NGpatriot: 2:53am On Sep 19, 2021
Daily ipobian COMEDY....................unlimited grin grin grin

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by NGpatriot: 2:59am On Sep 19, 2021
This is your jewish future, others have been there before you, they beat the jew chest like you Igbos, but na from fire to drying pan.

Jews don't give a rats ass about you you jihadist, to them, you are worse than Hamas..

You go carry Nigerian flag and begged to be deported back to Nigeria..

grin grin

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by onumadu: 6:09am On Sep 19, 2021
A few of us Igbo don't like making this connection, but some of us are distancing from it because of how some non-Igbo HATE and almost commit suicide at the mere mention of any topic that links the Igbo to ancient Israel (not "Jew", just ISRAEL).

You see people foaming in the mouth and almost asphyxiating from hate. grin

Seekers of truth cannot be cowed though. We seek the truth regardless of inferiority complexes exhibited by clearly unconcerned parties.

I read a book written by a Jewish rabbi in which he explained in great detail the biblical principles that guide Jewish success.
To mention few of those principles: (1) Networking, ie, understanding exchange; (2) expatriation (moving to new lands to find opportunities and dominating those opportunities). etc There are others, but let me stop there for now.

I found out that these are the foundations of Igbo success as well as Jewish success.

Igbo man naturally goes to new lands fearlessly and exploits opportunities there. Same as Jews.

Igbo man uses networking inherent in Igbo culture to grow business and dominate sectors of the economy to the envy of others.

Igbo man takes business and financial risks by trusting others to do their part.
Imagine something like the Nigerian aviation sector that has been entrepreneurs' graveyard for years, and yet Allen Onyema is taking the risk to take the airline industry to unprecedented levels in Nigeria. He dared where angels dreaded to thread.

The Jewish rabbi stated that all these principles are in the Torah (the first five books of the old testament).
But in Igbo culture, they are INHERENT.

All these add up to force people like my skeptical self to pause and take a second look.
The haters are not qualified to deviate us, to change the narrative here. lol
We won't let them. hehe cheesy

102 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Arda1000(m): 6:13am On Sep 19, 2021
MeinFuhrer:
Ibo peoples of nigeria don't share anything with Jews and it's been genetically debunked. Jews are two faced greedy humans who would do anything for money and power even if it means betrayal, just like the Yoruba's of nigeria, very good at manipulation just like zog but thank God the brits empowered fulani.
am Igbo,yes there’s an undeniable similarities between Jew and Igbo,even genetically,but I don’t buy the ideal because Igbo are far older than Jew.
But the bolded caught me so where was it genetically debunked?

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 19, 2021
The Jews want nothing with black Kongo Jews terrorist

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by blackpanda: 7:05am On Sep 19, 2021
[s]
onumadu:
From Fred Itua, Abuja

A new report has claimed that Igbo people in South East and some Nigerian tribes, share a common ancestry that is traceable to the lost tribes of Israel.

These discoveries are contained in a 738-page book titled “The Hebrew Evidence of Nigerian Jews: A Scriptural Insight” which is set for a public presentation.

The book is authored by a televangelist, Innocent Agu. The book describes Igbo language as one of the prehistoric languages, as it is the same as the Paleo-Hebrew, the original Hebrew language of the Bible.

Addressing newsmen in Abuja at the weekend, ahead of the launch of the book, Agu said it unravels the age-long mystery surrounding Igbo people and some other Nigerian tribes.

He said the research findings point to the fact that several indigenous Nigerian ethnic groups share a common ancestry that is traceable to the lost tribes of Israel and Edom/Iduma – the country of Esau called Edo and Idoma in Nigeria.

According to him, “The twelve lost tribes of Israel have been discovered in Nigeria. The tribes include those from Northern Israel that were captured by the King of Assyria in 722 BC and the dispersal tribes of Southern Kingdom after the invasion and conquest by the Roman soldiers in 70 AD led by Vaspasian in the Jewish-Roman war.

“The book unravels the age-long mystery surrounding Igbo people and some other Nigerian tribes.

“The research also revealed that the Paleo-Hebrew in which the Old Testament Bible was originally written is the same as Igbo language, both in words and dictionary meanings.”

Speaking further, he said over one thousand different Hebrew words, phrases, and sentences are recorded in the book to attest to this fact.

“The work recorded about a thousand ancient Nigerian towns from across Nigeria that corresponds to the same ancient Israeli/Idumean towns recorded in the Bible. Interestingly, while most of the listed towns are located in the Southern and Middle Belt of Nigeria, a considerable number is also found in northern Nigeria,” he added.

The author further identified many ethnic groups in Africa that are connected to the nation of Israel. He posited that the original people of the nation of Israel were black.

While tracing the origin of Igbo people of South East Nigeria, the author used linguistic and anthropological evidence.

He asserted that the name Igbo is derived from Eber the great-grandson of Shem and whose entire race is called Ebeo, Ebo, Ibo, or Igbo.

According to the chairman of the book launch committee, Dr. Sam Agbogun, the book is endorsed by several scholars and traditional rulers.

He said the findings in the book will surely open a new vista in the historical traditions of most Nigerian ethnic groups.

He said the book specifically solves the puzzle that has heralded the Igbo’s origin, tradition, and cultural practices.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/new-report-says-igbo-ethnic-group-shares-ancestry-with-jews/

[/s]

Balderdash

17 Likes

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by RobbStark(m): 7:05am On Sep 19, 2021
Slayerforever and the rest of your fellow miscreants here in this forum, come and start going to your country.
Now that your origin has been traced could it also mean you guys too are migrants like the Ijaws you always say. Lol.
Come and be going slayerforever.
You own no lands here in Naija.

I told you earlier that all this your noise about the Ijaws hold no water cos you too are migrants.

Wonderful.
My friend, slayerforever, I have booked Air peace for you come n be going back to your roots

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by ThEGodFaThEr104: 7:25am On Sep 19, 2021
RobbStark:
Slayerforever and the rest of your fellow miscreants here in this forum, come and start going to your country.
Now that your origin has been traced could it also mean you guys too are migrants like the Ijaws you always say. Lol.

I told you earlier that all this your noise about the Ijaws hold no water cos you too are migrants.

Wonderful.
My friend, slayerforever, I have booked Air peace for you come n be going back to your roots
We were the first to settle on the lands across the Niger and the lower riverine areas and so we are the rightful owners.
Since you've join our zoo enemies in fighting Igbos, we will not just deport you Sierra leonean migrants back but make sure you don't leave any bottle of Ogogoro behind inorder not turn our lands to a people of drunks.

18 Likes

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by ThEGodFaThEr104: 7:30am On Sep 19, 2021
kmcutez:
Igbo people calling another tribe Esau, meanwhile they are the ones that fit Esau to a T. Lol. The irony.
So says someone that doesn't know where she's from. Today she will say I'm Ijaw, tomorrow she will say Itshekiris, next tomorrow Isoko while bearing Igbo name.
The joke is on you Jare!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by SlayerForever: 7:31am On Sep 19, 2021
RobbStark:

Wonderful.

Hahaha
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by MeinFuhrer: 7:33am On Sep 19, 2021
Arda1000:
am Igbo,yes there’s an undeniable similarities between Jew and Igbo,even genetically,but I don’t buy the ideal because Igbo are far older than Jew.
But the bolded caught me so where was it genetically debunked?

undecided schmutziger möchtegern-nigger Jude
The dirty Jews said it themselves.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/messianic-jews-to-nigerians-youre-not-real-jews

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by ThEGodFaThEr104: 7:35am On Sep 19, 2021
loveth360:
Is it true that yoruba ancestor,Oduduwa fall down from sky?
I heard he only jumped from Oke Aro and lied it was from the sky.
Egba mi nitori Olohun!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by loveth360(f): 7:38am On Sep 19, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr104:
I heard he only jumped from Oke Aro and lied it was from the sky. Egba mi nitori Olohun!
So what is the origin of oduduwa.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by SlayerForever: 7:38am On Sep 19, 2021
As language hardly ever dies/disappears I am looking to see the thousand Hebrew/Igbo phrases documented in the book.

As for the tribes in the North which are (likely) Hebrew descended I know one. They despise Islam too, travel far to do business, and are friendly with Igbos. Culturally, they believe themselves to have journeyed from Israel too. It's not Idoma though.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Jamesbally: 7:50am On Sep 19, 2021
IGBO PEOPLE too funny aswear. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by ThEGodFaThEr104: 7:53am On Sep 19, 2021
loveth360:
So what is the origin of oduduwa.
Legends has it that he fell from Olumo rock and made love to Orisabunmi and they both had a son together and they named him Mc. Oluomo, who happens to be the current tout and Chairman of NURTW of Lagos.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Arda1000(m): 7:57am On Sep 19, 2021
MeinFuhrer:

undecided schmutziger möchtegern-nigger Jude
The dirty Jews said it themselves.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/messianic-jews-to-nigerians-youre-not-real-jews
Fick dich!!
When did American Jews group start having a say on who is Jews and not

1 Like

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by 9jakool: 7:59am On Sep 19, 2021
CaptainAyub:
This news mentions only Igbo ppl and Jews.
But let's bet,na ewedu and gbegiri ppl go full this thread spilling their usual bile.
Oya,let's go
Actually this matter concerns Igbo people and the inferiority complex many of you have.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by MeinFuhrer: 8:04am On Sep 19, 2021
Arda1000:
Fick dich!!
When did American Jews group start having a say on who is Jews and not

dummer niggeraffe undecided

Are you doubting science/genetic research?

Why do want to be evil Jew?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Arda1000(m): 8:11am On Sep 19, 2021
MeinFuhrer:

dummer niggeraffe undecided

Are you doubting science/genetic research?

Why do want to be evil Jew?
Arschloch
Which science/genetic research...who and who conducted it and where is the result analysis

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Forced Me To Contest As Governor- El- Rufai / Onnoghen Stands To Get N2.5bn Benefits In ‘soft Landing’ Option - The Cable / Wike To Pay N20m To Families Of Policemen & Soldiers Killed By IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.