Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says (23978 Views)

Lekki Shootings: New Report Shows CNN Is Desperate — Lai Mohammed / Igbos Has No Relationship With Jews, Nnadi Kanu Should Keep Quiet / Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by CoolJulian: 6:59pm On Sep 19, 2021
LOL... What did I just read?
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Newton85: 7:00pm On Sep 19, 2021
Somebody should tell "televangelist" Innocent Agu to go take his meds.
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Newton85: 7:01pm On Sep 19, 2021
NGpatriot:
Daily ipobian COMEDY....................unlimited grin grin grin
Lmao! Walahi, Eboes are very good for comic relief.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Qurungu: 7:02pm On Sep 19, 2021
loveth360:
Is it true that yorubas ancestor,Oduduwa fall down from sky?

But from my years of investigation,i found out that Oduduwa was Igbo man banished from East by the Umunna.His really name was Omekitoro.
He was the last born of three sons of a man called Afunwa.

What happened is,because of envy and Wickedness,He killed his two older brothers because he want to inherit all their fathers properties.

He killed them in their father's farm claiming that they were attacked and he was lucky to escape,not knowing that a palm wine taper was ontop of palm tree near by and saw all that happened.

When his evil act was exposed,the Umunna and village concluded that his action deserves death.his father pleaded for his life,which made the community to give him punishment of banishing.

Omekitoro went and settle in todays south west.Because of his evil act,he was no more proud of his Name.So when asked about his Name,he will tell you Odudu nwa.

Which means last born.

Odudu means last/Tale in Igbo.

Nwa means chld in Igbo.

Odudunwa means last born.

Na Odudunwa they later spell as Oduduwa

[b][/b]

Allahu Akbar!

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 19, 2021
Keep deceiving yourselves. The real Jews know themselves. Those in Ethiopia and Eriteria that even looks more closely to them were deported asap .
I am yet to understand what these people really needed.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by onumadu: 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2021
Obamaofusa:

That is also my point.Most people travel for opportunities but when it becomes the norm up to the stage that a large number become migrants especially in Nigeria,then 'home' is ill,diseased and mostly uneconomically viable.

Israel case was caused by the Holocaust but they have returned home leaving a few.

For the first bolded, the Jews of Poland lived in slums and called it home, and would have stayed there had Hitler not rounded them up and sent them to the gas chambers. When the war ended in Europe, it did not end for the Jews until the state of Israel was formed in 1948. Had Israel not been formed, who knows what would have become of European Jews that did not cross the Atlantic to America.

As for the Igbo, we endured something arguably worse than what the Jews endured. We lost the most brutal war recorded in Africa and that war has not really ended because Biafra was not formed. The signs are all there that Igbo are surviving in Nigeria against systemic political odds stacked up against them. Igbo still manage to thrive despite those odds.

By the way there are more Jews in the US than in Israel (last time I checked). So much for the "return".
There will always be more Igbo in Igboland. cool

Your point about Igboland being "diseased and mostly uneconomically viable" is mostly from ignorant and prejudiced opinions.
The truth is that one particular Igbo town is arguably the most expensive town in Nigeria. Why?
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2021
No, Igbos have no ancestry and no links whatsoever with Jews or any tribe in the Levant. Some charlatan citing concocted nonsense in his book does not lend any extra credence to this long stupid claim. Claiming links with people who have none with you is a product of ignorance and a raging inferiority complex.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by NGpatriot: 7:30pm On Sep 19, 2021
Aidejay:
grin identity crisis. grin. Na say road no dey to mars na why dem never claim martian origin. Maybe one day when elon musk drops a human there they will find their missing link.

The developers don beat Elon Musk to it, they've already developed Mars Abia Style..

grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by NGpatriot: 7:32pm On Sep 19, 2021
loveth360:

But from my years of investigation,i found out that Oduduwa was Igbo man banished from East by the Umunna.His really name was Omekitoro.

What happened is,because of envy and Wickedness,He killed his two older brothers because he want to inherit all their fathers properties.

He killed them in their father's farm claiming that they were attacked and he was lucky to escape,not knowing that a palm wine taper was ontop of palm tree near by and saw all that happened.

When his evil act was exposed,the Umunna and village concluded that his action deserves death.his father pleaded for his life,which made the community to give him punishment of banishing.

Omekitoro went and settle in todays south west.Because of his evil act,he was no more proud of his Name.So when asked about his Name,he will tell you Odudu nwa.

Which means last born.

Nwa means chld in Igbo.

This is when you smoke fake and adulterated abia crack cocaine.

grin grin grin
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by od501: 7:33pm On Sep 19, 2021
loveth360:

Which means last born.

Nwa means chld in Igbo.

I know for a fact that the original yoruba settlers which are the Ijebus migrated from Jerusalem. In fact, the Ijebus are the original owners of the land of Jerusalem. Even the Bible mentioned them: the Jebusites, it should be in the book of Joshua. In fact the name Jerusalem is an Ijebu name: Jebu'ise-la; a land in high grounds.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Cele777: 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2021
For referring to edo as esau, I place a curse on you. I used to be a strong defender of the igbos but now I know you people are bastards.

If you want to make up your own history why not do it without insulting other tribes.

From now on I support anyone fighting the igbos, your tribal arrogant and malice is irritating.
Bleep biafra,
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by einsteine(m): 7:49pm On Sep 19, 2021
People should remember to read before they comment o

It is an Igbo man that wrote the book.
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by einsteine(m): 7:53pm On Sep 19, 2021
By the Isreali law of return, anyone who has jewish ancestry is allowed to emigrate to Isreal and become a citizen. Any Igbo that believes he is a Jew should try to do this. That is when you would understand that Igbos are more genetically related to Yorubas and Ijaws than Jews because you would be deported at point of entry.

It is inferiority complex that keeps making some Igbos claim they are Jews.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by sreamsense: 7:55pm On Sep 19, 2021
Why can't Isreal be allowed to write this book? Why must this kind of sensitive book be written by Igbo after scientifically DNA denied genetic relevance? This is just inferiority complex, the book will sell based on sentiment analysis among Igbo just for boasting purposes only but will Isreal recognize the book? Is this book superior to scientific approach Isreal believed in?
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by drlateef: 8:15pm On Sep 19, 2021
A book of comedy written by the latest comedian in town. A book of clowns. When will these people wake up from this terrible slumber?
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Elidrisy20: 8:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
Congrats when are you ppl leaving Nigeria for Israel?
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Arkmanbuddy(m): 8:25pm On Sep 19, 2021
loveth360:

Which means last born.

Nwa means chld in Igbo.

Shey na your papa tell you this story or your chief priest? I think you got your gene of stupidity from them !!!!! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by TemmyT002(m): 8:27pm On Sep 19, 2021
No wonder many of them are rich
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Prince001(m): 8:36pm On Sep 19, 2021
cosby02:
Congratulation to the Igbos

Amazing how we think in Naija. Just imagine people happy that they share dna as jews instead of Jews people to be happy cos according to science we blacks Africans are d 1st on the earth. Poverty na real disease oooo!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Elidrisy20: 8:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
Na Hitler pushu dem from Israel in 1900
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by nextstep(m): 8:45pm On Sep 19, 2021
Oh God... why are some people so daft?

So a brown-skinned Igbo guy has more in common with the olive-skinned Jewish guy, than with a brown-skinned Yoruba or Edo person? All the way to Israel kwa? Bypassing Cameroon, Chad, Sudan, or even Ethiopia o'kwa ya?

I just shake my head for anybody buying into this claptrap. angry

And not a single Igbo artifact or remnant of Igbo society in Israel to provide some clue?
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by onuman: 8:56pm On Sep 19, 2021
onumadu:
Igbo proverb says that if a child is crying and pointing to a particular direction, if his father is not there, his mother must be there.

The more I read about real researched work on Igbo and Israel, the more I think that there is something there.
Even the similarities between the too many Igbo and Jewish words are enough proof that Igbos and Jews have common heritage.
No such similarities exist between the words of two distant groups anywhere in the world.
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by onuman: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2021
CaptainAyub:
This news mentions only Igbo ppl and Jews.
But let's bet,na ewedu and gbegiri ppl go full this thread spilling their usual bile.
Oya,let's go

Lol. The ewedu and gbegiri people also share long relationships with the Igbo in the lower Niger belt before Oyibo emerged in the soils of present Nigeria.
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by abeggnow: 9:05pm On Sep 19, 2021
onumadu:
Igbo proverb says that if a child is crying and pointing to a particular direction, if his father is not there, his mother must be there.

The more I read about real researched work on Igbo and Israel, the more I think that there is something there.
lol people from isreal came to do dna test and concluded there is no relationship between jews and igbos..
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by abeggnow: 9:06pm On Sep 19, 2021

1 Like

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Nephilim: 9:36pm On Sep 19, 2021
What do you gain from being a Jew?

Except a man be born again he can't see the kingdom of God, including the Israeli jews.

Get that, get wisdom.
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Scap93: 9:39pm On Sep 19, 2021
Of course I'm not surprised with the comments I see from some useless Yorubas and of course the senseless Northernsers, go check well u go see say Igbo and Hebrew get similar languages, ndia ara you guys should keep hating.
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by jacy346(f): 9:42pm On Sep 19, 2021
abeggnow:
lol people from isreal came to do dna test and concluded there is no relationship between jews and igbos..
those people who occupied Israel are not the real isrealites. They are mixed blood. The real isrealites are black . So there's no way DNA will match them up with igbos who are the real isrealites.
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by RobbStark(m): 10:12pm On Sep 19, 2021
arantess:

dont be silly

as long as igbos are born in nigeria, they can also claim it by birth

are you dumb not to know how citizenship works

You have been noticed
Now go and sleep or better still, go watch cartoon
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:31pm On Sep 19, 2021
Scap93:
Of course I'm not surprised with the comments I see from some useless Yorubas and of course the senseless Northernsers, go check well u go see say Igbo and Hebrew get similar languages, ndia ara you guys should keep hating.

No, Igbo and Hebrew are not in any way similar languages. They are not even in the same language family. Igbo is a Niger-Congo language with the same roots as Yoruba, Bini, Ibibio etc. Hebrew is a Semitic language in the same family with Arabic, Amharic, Aramaic, Tigre etc. Claiming there are similarities between the 2 is like claiming goats are closely related with jaguars. Stop disgracing and denying your ancestors claiming an alien people as your own. Be proud of your heritage as an Igbo man and stop claiming nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Obamaofusa: 10:33pm On Sep 19, 2021
Scap93:

lol
Do the israelites also speak Igbo language?
This is the lowliest inferiority complex,I must say.
Re: Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:34pm On Sep 19, 2021
jacy346:
those people who occupied Israel are not the real isrealites. They are mixed blood. The real isrealites are black . So there's no way DNA will match them up with igbos who are the real isrealites.

People who have retained their Jewish heritage for thousands of years are not "real Israelites", but black ass niggas in the thick-forested hinterlands of Nigeria whose ancestors had never seen the Mediterranean or even the Sahara desert before are the real Israelites. grin Una no go use laugh kill me sha.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Endorse Peter Obi / Newly-defected Rivers Lawmakers Sing "On Your Mandate We Shall Stand, Jagaban" / Buhari In Support Of APC’s Attack On Abdusalami, Others – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.