Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges (9351 Views)

NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) / 6 Chief Judges Summoned By CJN For Issuing Conflicting Orders To Party / NJC recommends appointment of 4 Supreme Court Justices, probes 8 others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by Parizz: 4:03pm On Sep 19, 2021
The National Judicial Council NJC has recommended the appointment of six Chief Judges and 31 others as Judicial Officers to beef up judicial functions in some states and the Federal Capital Territory FCT.

At its 95th meeting held on September 15 & 16, 2021, the council considered the list of candidates presented by its Interview Committee and recommended the 37 successful candidates to their respective State Governors for appointment as Heads of Courts and other Judicial Officers in Nigeria.

Those recommended as Chief Judges are Justice Richard O. Olorunfemi for Kogi state, Justice Joe Itsebaga Acha for Edo, Justice Akintoroye Williams Akin for Ondo, Hon. Justice Husseini Baba Yusuf for Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Justice Ekaette Francesca Fabian-Obot for Akwa Ibom and Justice J. O. Adeyeye for Ekiti state.

Others are Baba Gana Mahdi as Grand Kadi, Yobe, Umaru Ahmad Liman as Grand Kadi, Bauchi, Justice Osagede Osado Emmanuel as President, Customary Court of Appeal, Nasarawa, Justice Mashud Akintunde Akinfemi Abass as President, Customary Court of Appeal, Oyo state and Siyaka Momoh Jimoh Usman as President Customary Court of Appeal, Kogi state.

Three Judges are recommended for High Court of Gombe and they are Zainab Abdulkadir Rasheed, Abdussalam Muhammad and Daurabo Suleiman Sikka.

Akwa Ibom has two, Effiong Asukwo Effiong and Princess Eme Daniel Ekong, Bauchi has one, Nana Fatima Jibril while Kaduna high court also has one Abdulkarim Mahmud.

The three candidates recommended for Katsina state are Kabir Shuaibu, Ibrahim Ishaku Mashi and Ibrahim Abubakar Mande while Professor Alero Akeredolu was recommended for Ondo state.

Four successful candidates for Oyo state High Court are; Olusola Adebisi Adetujoye, Folabimpe Beatrice Segun Olakojo, Professor Taiwo Elijah Adewale and Kareem Adeyimika Adedokun.

Kogi state has three candidates for its High Court and they are Abubakar Sule Ibrahim, Abdullah Sulyman as well as Aminu Ali Eri.

Two Kadis for Gombe Sharia Court of Appeal are Adamu Kuna Jibril and Ahmed Baba Bala while the four for Bauchi are Musa Sani Abubakar, Mahdi Manga, Khamis Al- Hamidallah Muhammad and Sani Musa with Ondo state having one in person of Orimisan James Okorisa and Oyo Customary Court of Appeal having Ajadi Olubukola Omolayo.

A statement issued by the NJC Director of Information, Mr Soji Oye, said that all the recommended candidates are expected to be sworn-in after approval by the President, Muhammadu Buhari,and their respective state governors and confirmation by the respective State Houses of Assembly.

https://von.gov.ng/2021/09/19/njc-recommends-appointment-of-6-chief-judges/

Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by mokoh(m): 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2021
I dedicate this front page to you below its yours enjoy

1 Like

Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by money121(m): 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ok
Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by baloest: 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
Good luck to them
Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by mokoh(m): 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
Since I dedicate the front page I happy here
Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by adekanmbi1986(m): 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
Okay
Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by ibrocool(m): 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
I pray they are not selfish and have the fear of God while discharging their duties. A lot of people have rotten inside jail while others have died due to bad judges.

May God protect us all.

We can all agreed that politics is involved in this selection.
Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by Mikelarteta(m): 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
What is the essence when the federal government dont even obey court verdicts or chose to obey which or which not to obey.

1 Like

Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
Abokis will dominate the list
Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by BarrElChapo(m): 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2021
Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by YINKS89(m): 4:39pm On Sep 19, 2021
I just saw my friends dad name there. shocked this is huge
Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2021
Anything to move our darling nation forward is what we want @[color=#006600][/color].

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by Confirmedzombie: 4:46pm On Sep 19, 2021
Im shocked at this appointment. Not even one igbo judge was considered.

This is a clear marginalization of the igbos.

I condemn it, I condemn it I condemn it I condemn it

I feel so bitter right now and feel like leaving this country.

1 Like

Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 19, 2021
Where's the power of the States if the Chief Justice of Nigeria appoints Chief Judge for them? The Fulani have cleverly centralised our lives under their Control without us realising it on time. Thank God, Happy days are here again - na one by one we go de free our lives. VAT first, then fiscal federalism, etc.

1 Like

Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by tradepunter: 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ok
Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 19, 2021
Confirmedzombie:
Im shocked at this appointment. Not even one igbo judge was considered.

This is a clear marginalization of the igbos.

I condemn it, I condemn it I condemn it I condemn it

I feel so bitter right now and feel like leaving this country.

You should be more shocked that its from Abuja they appoint Chief Judge for your State? It wasn't like that in the First Republic.
Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by b3llo(m): 4:53pm On Sep 19, 2021
Gombe State have a fanatical Governor who have refused to sworn in th rightful CJ in person of Hon Justice Beatrice just because she is a woman and Christain.
Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by abouzaid: 4:56pm On Sep 19, 2021
Not a single Igbo among them? As usual, the southeast governors would keep quiet. Efulufus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by blackpanda: 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
omoolokunEsin:
Where's the power of the States if the Chief Justice of Nigeria appoints Chief Judge for them? The Fulani have cleverly centralised our lives under their Control without us realising it on time. Thank God, Happy days are here again - na one by one we go de free our lives. VAT first, then fiscal federalism, etc.

Pls be quiet.

1 Like

Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by blackpanda: 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
abouzaid:
Not a single Igbo among them? As usual, the southeast governors would keep quiet. Efulufus.

This is not political appointment sir. Eastern states federal high court isnt vacant so rest.

3 Likes

Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by Truthissupreme: 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
There is always fairness so long as it isn't buhari in charge
Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by abouzaid: 5:22pm On Sep 19, 2021
blackpanda:

This is not political appointment sir. Eastern states federal high court isnt vacant so rest.
a total of 37 judges and not a single Igbo among them?
Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by blackpanda: 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2021
abouzaid:
a total of 37 judges and not a single Igbo among them?

Read my comment again. Slowly this time undecided
Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by chukel(m): 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2021
abouzaid:
shows you did not read or you don't have any comprehensive capacity. States nominate and recommend chief judge they want for their state to the CJN. Everything is marginalisation to you. People of little brain.

4 Likes

Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by cocolacec(m): 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2021
abouzaid:
Is there vacancy in South East judiciary?

1 Like

Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 19, 2021
blackpanda:

Pls be quiet.

Ko ni dara fun Baba e at'iran yin, you this harvester of nothingness, where you did not sow.
Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 19, 2021
chukel:
shows you did not read or you don't have any comprehensive capacity. States nominate and recommend chief judge they want for their state to the CJN. Everything is marginalisation to you. People of little brain.

Must States nominate to any outside power? Is that the eay it's done in the U. S. from where we copied this obnoxious Constitution?. In any case, the end of that discrepancy and others like it is here already.
Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by Susu888(m): 7:58pm On Sep 19, 2021
Kai! The marginalization wailing has started...

Re: NJC Recommends Appointment Of 6 Chief Judges by chukel(m): 9:39pm On Sep 19, 2021
omoolokunEsin:

Must States nominate to any outside power? Is that the eay it's done in the U. S. from where we copied this obnoxious Constitution?. In any case, the end of that discrepancy and others like it is here already.
read what you wrote and ask yourself if it makes any sense. How una de reason sef.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Wike Reacts As Tinubu Sleeps At Peace Accord In Abuja Today / The Eze Ndi Igbo Gburugburu 1 Of NL Igbos (Canceled) / National Dialogue Outcome To Be Sent To National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.