Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884933 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by nkenyy: 3:44pm On Sep 19, 2013
ganasy:
dats nyce congratulations....wishing u all d best in ur studies
Thanks Dear.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
franklysco: hello guys! i have an issue bothering me.
first my school, universitat leipzig, took their decision on the 9th of september, and i got a pdf 2 days later (11th of october cos i was not initially notified via e-mail, i just mailed them and was replied with a pdf). The letter says that i may register on the 30th september or 1st,2nd and 4th of october. i filled for a blocked account on Monday, 16th October. i mailed the embassy for an appointment date and they declined, saying i should defer to summer( the course no get summer); then i had to contact the school to mail the embassy on my behalf, which they did..... To cut the story short, i was later booked for 8th October(blocked account should be ready then). The thing is, if all things go psitive, my ViSA would be ready by probably 3rd week of october, which is definitely after the end of the registration period. i just feel it will be too late for me and i dont want to assume there should be grace on the resumption date given to international student. Abeg, guys over there, what do you think about grace given for resumption?

another particular scare is the content of the email the sent to the embassy, which i translated via google:

"Dear Ms. Renee Delouvain, I am writing to you in the case of xxxxx. Mr. xxxx could be admitted for the winter semester 2013/14 in the waiting list for the program in Structural Chemistry and Spectroscopy at the University of Leipzig. I would appreciate if you could if possible give him a date for his student visa. A letter of acceptance for the summer term can not be issued and he could apply again only in one year. Thank you in advance. Sincerely yours"
hmm! "could be admitted", " waiting list". i know come understand again. make i no go labor in vain
Guys, I still need you guys opinion o
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tmed1(m): 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2013
franklysco:

You need to confirm from your school if they can extend the enrollment date for you. Some schools can do that while others might tell you to consider your admission VOID if you cannot meet up with the deadline of enrollment. You can only secure your place in the university after enrolment
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bnb2013: 4:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
nkenyy: On tuesday the 17th of September I received a mail from the embassy asking me to come with the 3months health insurance. I went there today with it and have collected my Visa. My interview was 28th of August.. Thank you everyone for your support and above all God is awesome. I will continue praying for everyone because I know how it feels waiting.

congrats dear
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Oladecoolz(m): 4:49pm On Sep 19, 2013
nkenyy: On tuesday the y17th of September I received a mail from the embassy asking me to come with the 3months health insurance. I went there today with it and have collected my Visa. My interview was 28th of August.. Thank you everyone for your support and above all God is awesome. I will continue praying for everyone because I know how it feels waiting.
gratulation bruder
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ikechiozo: 6:06pm On Sep 19, 2013
I am interested in following a masters in fh aachen. Are there opportunities for work in aachen/julich? I am worried about studying in the fh as it appears they are second class universities. I chose the FH because options for the conventional uni running programs I have interest in are limited. For those in Germany, what are my chances of securing a phd position with an FH degree?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 6:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
ikechiozo: I am interested in following a masters in fh aachen. Are there opportunities for work in aachen/julich? I am worried about studying in the fh as it appears they are second class universities. I chose the FH because options for the conventional uni running programs I have interest in are limited. For those in Germany, what are my chances of securing a phd position with an FH degree?

Germany is not a country whee they think like Nigerians think.Either you go poly,Uni or technical for here.Unilag student still no be your mate.shoe get size.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 6:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
t-med:

You need to confirm from your school if they can extend the enrollment date for you. Some schools can do that while others might tell you to consider your admission VOID if you cannot meet up with the deadline of enrollment. You can only secure your place in the university after enrolment
Thanks man. I will do that
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ikechiozo: 6:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
I am missing something here. Does it mean my chances are positive or negative andwhats ur take on aachen as a study destination for a student that wants to do part time job?
Godson201333:

Germany is not a country whee they think like Nigerians think.Either you go poly,Uni or technical for here.Unilag student still no be your mate.shoe get size.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 6:51pm On Sep 19, 2013
[quote author=nkenyy]On tuesday the 17th of September I received a mail from the embassy asking me to come with the 3months health insurance. I went there today with it and have collected my Visa. My interview was 28th of August.. Thank you everyone for your support and above all God is awesome. I will continue praying for everyone because I know how it feels waiting.[/quot
congratulations. I know that very soon, I will be happy like u.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 6:52pm On Sep 19, 2013
nkenyy: On tuesday the 17th of September I received a mail from the embassy asking me to come with the 3months health insurance. I went there today with it and have collected my Visa. My interview was 28th of August.. Thank you everyone for your support and above all God is awesome. I will continue praying for everyone because I know how it feels waiting.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 8:42pm On Sep 19, 2013
ikechiozo: I am interested in following a masters in fh aachen. Are there opportunities for work in aachen/julich? I am worried about studying in the fh as it appears they are second class universities. I chose the FH because options for the conventional uni running programs I have interest in are limited. For those in Germany, what are my chances of securing a phd position with an FH degree?

First is that Ur Masters degree in FH Aachen Cant Grant u a Phd.. Cos na university of Applied Science. And about jobs i wont Lie to u jobs are all ovEr germany Even the northen side but all is about luck u can be in Berlin Where them say work they well well and be jobless for Months but with Luck u Might get luck After the two Months u get to Germany. And Might be Lucky to Meet People That will Show u they Way it will be Better....... But all is luck SHA
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ikechiozo: 9:47pm On Sep 19, 2013
@tope can i use the masters to start a phd programme in Nigeria?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 10:03pm On Sep 19, 2013
ikechiozo: @tope can i use the masters to start a phd programme in Nigeria?

I wont Lie to u i dont Knw the requirment of Phd Programm in nigeria but in Germany i Knw its 120 Credit And Msc for a FH na just 90
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ikechiozo: 10:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
This fh wey i dey apply to get 120... 30 in each semester
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
ikechiozo: This fh wey i dey apply to get 120... 30 in each semester

If it is 120 then u can use it to Apply for Phd Programm cos Most are 90 . That Means the Prog will be 2 Yes nt 18months
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ikechiozo: 3:50am On Sep 20, 2013
exactly...thanks
topeajis:

If it is 120 then u can use it to Apply for Phd Programm cos Most are 90 . That Means the Prog will be 2 Yes nt 18months
Re: German Embassy And Visa by martty4real: 6:30am On Sep 20, 2013

Congratulations dear,am so happy for you and belive the rest of us waiting will smile soon .
Re: German Embassy And Visa by richard4ssky: 8:50am On Sep 20, 2013
Dear Nairaland,

Please i really need your help, i have a B.sc in accounting i wish to apply for a master degree program in Germany, but most of d university i view there requirement in international marketing/ business they ask for Gmat score...

Please i need advice on program i can apply for in with my dergree without no Gmat requirment for this summer intake.. Please i need your help
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 9:26am On Sep 20, 2013
franklysco:

If things goes well then you might not have any problem...The foreign office here might want to disturb you for late arrival when you go there for extension but all thesame..work hard + pray hard..

It is always good to arrive here ahead so that you have less stress.Wait until you hear from embassy first.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dmitroika(m): 11:18am On Sep 20, 2013
i'm beginning to get worried about this waiting issue, someone who had his interview on the 28th of august have been given a visa and i had mine on the 20th of august. Is it taking long because i'm going to the city of freiburg in the state of baden-wutternberg? perharp they have lots of applications because there are almost 7 universities in freiburg alone.

but another thing is that those whose visa application got rejected were interviewed by the german elderly woman, and most people that says they've gotten their visas were interviewed by the friendly young german lady. na the elderly woman interview me oh. I know all will be well sha, just getting curious.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 11:26am On Sep 20, 2013
Godson201333:

If things goes well then you might not have any problem...The foreign office here might want to disturb you for late arrival when you go there for extension but all thesame..work hard + pray hard..

It is always good to arrive here ahead so that you have less stress.Wait until you hear from embassy first.
Thanks Godson. So even if I don't meet up with the said date of enrolment, I can still enrol later? Am sure I shouldn't be the only non-Eu student that will arrive late.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 11:30am On Sep 20, 2013
dmitroika: i'm beginning to get worried about this waiting issue, someone who had his interview on the 28th of august have been given a visa and i had mine on the 20th of august. Is it taking long because i'm going to the city of freiburg in the state of baden-wutternberg? perharp they have lots of applications because there are almost 7 universities in freiburg alone.

but another thing is that those whose visa application got rejected were interviewed by the german elderly woman, and most people that says they've gotten their visas were interviewed by the friendly young german lady. na the elderly woman interview me oh. I know all will be well sha, just getting curious.

Dont worry about who interviewed if u give a Good Response to her questions then u Good to go. Ans One Thing is that if u gönna be rejected they will do that a week After Ur Interview so may be na ur City foreigner Office They Delay of try and Contact Ur School about it SHA some School are always Nice and help student with ish like dis..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 11:38am On Sep 20, 2013
franklysco:
Thanks Godson. So even if I don't meet up with the said date of enrolment, I can still enrol later? Am sure I shouldn't be the only non-Eu student that will arrive late.

You are not the only non Eu student arriving late but German government are strict.Just keep praying thats all
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 11:41am On Sep 20, 2013
dmitroika: i'm beginning to get worried about this waiting issue, someone who had his interview on the 28th of august have been given a visa and i had mine on the 20th of august. Is it taking long because i'm going to the city of freiburg in the state of baden-wutternberg? perharp they have lots of applications because there are almost 7 universities in freiburg alone.

I am sorry to say but if your visa got denied it is simply because you already got bad mind cos of the old woman that Interview you.I tell you something ,without that woman signature and consent,nobody get student visa out of German embassy in Lagos

If i were you,I would have keep fasting and praying.Also i would be positive about everything.

She is just there doing her job and i do not expect her to be laughing with everyone.

Goodluck
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dmitroika(m): 11:50am On Sep 20, 2013
topeajis:

Dont worry about who interviewed if u give a Good Response to her questions then u Good to go. Ans One Thing is that if u gönna be rejected they will do that a week After Ur Interview so may be na ur City foreigner Office They Delay of try and Contact Ur School about it SHA some School are always Nice and help student with ish like dis..

thanks for the response, i'll contact the school's int'l center as you've said.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 11:53am On Sep 20, 2013

dont worry, it's the freiburg foreign office. I have Indian classmates that had their after like 29days! Yours is coming soon
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dmitroika(m): 11:56am On Sep 20, 2013
Godson201333:

I am sorry to say but if your visa got denied it is simply because you already got bad mind cos of the old woman that Interview you.I tell you something ,without that woman signature and consent,nobody get student visa out of German embassy in Lagos

If i were you,I would have keep fasting and praying.Also i would be positive about everything.

She is just there doing her job and i do not expect her to be laughing with everyone.

Goodluck

don't get it wrong; i'm not having a bad mind against anyone at the embassy. As a matter of fact after my interview i said it here that she was friendly towards the end which seems to be the same thing other people experienced.. it's only natural to get curious after waiting for something for a very long time, we need to know whats up with our visa application so as to begin to prepare for the travelling.. lots of things to plan for. I stay positive.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 11:59am On Sep 20, 2013
dmitroika:

don't get it wrong; i'm not having a bad mind against anyone at the embassy. As a matter of fact after my interview i said it here that she was friendly towards the end which seems to be the same thing other people experienced.. it's only natural to get curious after waiting for something for a very long time, we need to know whats up with out visa application so as to begin to prepare for the travelling.. lots of things to plan for. I stay positive.

Yes just relax,You are never forgotten..

Just keep your finger crossed

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dmitroika(m): 12:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
aflynvir: dont worry, it's the freiburg foreign office. I have Indian classmates that had their after like 29days! Yours is coming soon

29 days!!! shocked shocked lol.. thanks boss!

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.