Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,562 members, 7,770,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:50 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (881451 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by jaydeemourg: 7:59pm On Sep 02, 2014
aisaya001: what if my Deutsche Bank account is not funded or the required amount is not complete yet will I still be able to do the interview?
Dude, u can go for ur interview even though u've not funded ur blocked acct. Suxes is urs by His grace.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 8:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
Great Job guys..
But.....
I asked for a simple request, and nobody wanna help..
This is unfair sad cry
And the question goes thus: "Who can help me review my Letter of Intent" ??
Re: German Embassy And Visa by omamofe: 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
dolpaz: Great Job guys..
But.....
This is unfair sad cry

Inbox : creativebeauty@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunstein(m): 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
TUM folks in the house....please,did u use the first 'unsigned' notification of admission e-mail sent from your faculty chair to open ur blocked account?moreso,was it used to apply for visa appointment also?Cuz the formal letter is coming by post and I am pretty sure I can't wait.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bethiano(m): 9:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmmm! Having. Neck pains, simply because I have been on this thread for more 4hours (stretch), I had to update myself from page 360- last.
I don't understand why some newbees find it difficult to engage some effort. There is no free lunch anywhere, even in free town. Take the pains to read through... It pays.

No one has the right to insult or talk to eke40seven, emeka55, ogbueche77 and any other old member of this thread in a rude way. I would not accept it. If u are a newbee, study the culture here and follow on.

On this thread we celebrate hard work, research, brotherhood, integrity, faith, hope, and success.

When I joined this thread months ago, I read from page 1-60,120-2.., then from 280-till date. It takes hard work , No pain No gain.

Why should a graduate type in such a way that he alone can understand, what happens to 'effective communication' (basic rule of language), when message from the sender is clear to the receiver. Hey bro, don't be stubborn, write in simple and clear language.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2014
Bethiano: Hmmmmmmmmmm! Having. Neck pains, simply because I have been on this thread for more 4hours (stretch), I had to update myself from page 360- last.
I don't understand why some newbees find it difficult to engage some effort. There is no free lunch anywhere, even in free town. Take the pains to read through... It pays.

No one has the right to insult or talk to eke40seven, emeka55, ogbueche77 and any other old member of this thread in a rude way. I would not accept it. If u are a newbee, study the culture here and follow on.

On this thread we celebrate hard work, research, brotherhood, integrity, faith, hope, and success.

When I joined this thread months ago, I read from page 1-60,120-2.., then from 280-till date. It takes hard work , No pain No gain.

Why should a graduate type in such a way that he alone can understand, what happens to 'effective communication' (basic rule of language), when message from the sender is clear to the receiver. Hey bro, don't be stubborn, write in simple and clear language.

Thank you for that piece Bethiano..
I think naijaobi has done the needful by spoon-feeding.. grin grin grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by phucado: 9:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
My people, my people. Una too much. If German embassy staffs get to ever discover this page ehn, them go apply for naija citizenship. We just too much.

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
dolpaz: Great Job guys..
But.....
This is unfair sad cry
Dolpaz who go want collect assignment? LOL. You could have sent private message to people na requesting that. I'm sure you will get a positive response.
Although am a bit busy but as say you be my virtual paddy PM me but I dey harsh for my assessment o.
Veeeery harsh I repeat.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by t4sore: 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
@afrodam 247 i was among the pple dat was interviewd d same date u did urs
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bethiano(m): 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
ATTENTION:

I call the attention of Emeka55 to the last questions (6-10) of Eke40seven.

Waiting for your response.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
@Bethi

Plss stop thinking.. Adhere strictly to german student visa 'dos and donts' and you will get your visa..

Atleast, they don't ask us for bank statements...

My 2kobo!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 10:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
Bethiano: If you come across any of my post on this thread you will know am the fellow who subscribes to cost effective ways of doing things, thus creating opportunities for prospective students who are not financially buoyant to take some measures, but benefit from the goodies germany has to offer.
The only mountain I have not been able to conquer is the issue of financial proof I.e 8040 euros or sponsor letter or scholarship.
The last option I.e the scholarship has not been explored by members of this thread, so I wonder why. The truth is; for applicants who can't provide the 1st two options, their best bet is the scholarship. Now the bigger question, how do we get scholarships.

Mind you, daad scholarships is not enough to go round. Besides the competition 'no be here ooooo'.

In all this, what is the way out for an applicant without these options. I am not of the opinion that because his or parents are not reach or thieves in the govt house, then he should dash the dreams of gaining quality education.

All am saying is , let's begin to have a conversation on how to get scholarships in germany, or other alternative means of funding other than the first two.

What if there is a means to have an arrangement with a company, willing to employ this nigerian student and he is expected to pay his bills from his wage. Meaning this letter of employment or hire stands as a financial proof. Bearing in mind that education is free and you only need to pay for living expenses.

Am just thinking aloud.
Eh! Bethiano. Long time no see.
Ok, you know Naija people are sharp. If that alternative exists, they would have explored it. Germans too are very methodic in their dealings.
Check this statement below:
• Proof of financial means for one year by one of the following options:
a) Confirmation of blocked German bank account bearing an amount of minimum 7.908,-€
b) official German declaration of sponsorship („Verpflichtungserklärung“) for the purpose of studies/ language course given before the competent German authority (Please note: Financing is usually only secured if declarant resides in Germany)
c) proof of scholarship of a GERMAN/ EUROPEAN organization covering the arising costs

See the words written in upper case letters
They are smart.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by magnus4life: 12:47am On Sep 03, 2014
Lord is mightyful. Pls , can one go for opening of block account on thursdays at the embassy, time , and list of documents required?
May all our heart desires be granted and GOD bless us all. amen
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 12:56am On Sep 03, 2014
magnus4life: Lord is mightyful. Pls , can one go for opening of block account on thursdays at the embassy, time , and list of documents required?
May all our heart desires be granted and GOD bless us all. amen
Monday - wednesday 7-11 am.
Go with admission letter and two photocopies, passport and two photocopies, two coloured copies of account opening form.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by magnus4life: 3:25am On Sep 03, 2014
naijaobi:
Monday - wednesday 7-11 am.
Go with admission letter and two photocopies, passport and two photocopies, two coloured copies of account opening form.
ok, thank you
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 5:54am On Sep 03, 2014
Please house,I got this info from the embassy site---Please note that the Consulate General in Lagos cannot be reached by email on Wednesday, 3rd September 2014 due to maintenance works.Please contact the Consulate General by telephone or fax.
Furthermore, the Consular Section (including visa, certification of documents, passports) will remain closed on that day.We thank you for your understanding.

I hope it doesn't mean I won't be able to open my acct today because I am in lagos already am preparing to go to the embassy now.Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 03, 2014
seunstein: TUM folks in the house....please,did u use the first 'unsigned' notification of admission e-mail sent from your faculty chair to open ur blocked account?moreso,was it used to apply for visa appointment also?Cuz the formal letter is coming by post and I am pretty sure I can't wait.

Yep, my letter of admission , i downloaded from my tumonline portal. That was wat i used. I neva even see the original letter sef.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 6:57am On Sep 03, 2014
damsamty16: Please house,I got this info from the embassy site---Please note that the Consulate General in Lagos cannot be reached by email on Wednesday, 3rd September 2014 due to maintenance works.Please contact the Consulate General by telephone or fax.
Furthermore, the Consular Section (including visa, certification of documents, passports) will remain closed on that day.We thank you for your understanding.

I hope it doesn't mean I won't be able to open my acct today because I am in lagos already am preparing to go to the embassy now.Thanks

You can go there and try your luck bro.. But with such notice, i believe its a red flag!

#Teamwinter

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 6:59am On Sep 03, 2014
seunstein: TUM folks in the house....please,did u use the first 'unsigned' notification of admission e-mail sent from your faculty chair to open ur blocked account?moreso,was it used to apply for visa appointment also?Cuz the formal letter is coming by post and I am pretty sure I can't wait.
@seunstein
oh,you should have told them to send you a scanned copy before posting.hopefully it will get to you soon.I think you can also print your admission letter from your page while awaiting the stamped and sealed original.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 7:03am On Sep 03, 2014
ebele17:

Yep, my letter of admission , i downloaded from my tumonline portal. That was wat i used. I neva even see the original letter sef.
@ebele17 try as much as possible to inquire abt your original admission letter.They might have sent it to Nigeria.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bethiano(m): 7:25am On Sep 03, 2014
I understand you eke, all am saying is let's start thinking, let's begin to talk about it, am sure something will come up.

As for smart, "when korni man die, na korni man go bury am"

Eke40seven:
Eh! Bethiano. Long time no see.
Ok, you know Naija people are sharp. If that alternative exists, they would have explored it. Germans too are very methodic in their dealings.
Check this statement below:
• Proof of financial means for one year by one of the following options:
a) Confirmation of blocked German bank account bearing an amount of minimum 7.908,-€
b) official German declaration of sponsorship („Verpflichtungserklärung“) for the purpose of studies/ language course given before the competent German authority (Please note: Financing is usually only secured if declarant resides in Germany)
c) proof of scholarship of a GERMAN/ EUROPEAN organization covering the arising costs

See the words written in upper case letters
They are smart.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 7:28am On Sep 03, 2014
Justcul:

You can go there and try your luck bro.. But with such notice, i believe its a red flag!

#Teamwinter
Wow damn! I am on my way.Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by igwejay: 7:32am On Sep 03, 2014
Good morning
Re: German Embassy And Visa by igwejay: 7:33am On Sep 03, 2014
Good morning
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Clandestine60: 7:56am On Sep 03, 2014
Bethiano: If you come across any of my post on this thread you will know am the fellow who subscribes to cost effective ways of doing things, thus creating opportunities for prospective students who are not financially buoyant to take some measures, but benefit from the goodies germany has to offer.
The only mountain I have not been able to conquer is the issue of financial proof I.e 8040 euros or sponsor letter or scholarship.
The last option I.e the scholarship has not been explored by members of this thread, so I wonder why. The truth is; for applicants who can't provide the 1st two options, their best bet is the scholarship. Now the bigger question, how do we get scholarships.

Mind you, daad scholarships is not enough to go round. Besides the competition 'no be here ooooo'.

In all this, what is the way out for an applicant without these options. I am not of the opinion that because his or parents are not rich or thieves in the govt house, then he should dash the dreams of gaining quality education.

All am saying is , let's begin to have a conversation on how to get scholarships in germany, or other alternative means of funding other than the first two.

What if there is a means to have an arrangement with a company, willing to employ this nigerian student and he is expected to pay his bills from his wages. Meaning this letter of employment or hire stands as a financial proof. Bearing in mind that education is free and you only need to pay for living expenses.

Am just thinking aloud.
What kind of "arrangement" are you talking about? Presenting an employment letter you know is not even genuine? Please let's desist from such and not complicate things for ourselves. The germans are no fools, are straight foward and have already clearly stated the two means of substinence. Let's not give them any cause to toughen up their rules against Nigerians as you know our reputation already precedes us. I am very sure other embassies like the Canadian,American etc, were once lenient with Nigerians and obviously had to toughen up when they noticed we abused the system. So please and please, let's not give the German's any reason to do same. If you feel u can't afford the blocked account, you can try all you can to hustle a German resident sponsor as it doesn't have to be a relative. Cheers

5 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Clandestine60: 8:06am On Sep 03, 2014
Hello Justwise, why was my post taken off? Have I violated any rule?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by justwise(m): 8:09am On Sep 03, 2014
Clandestine60: Hello Justwise, why was my post taken off? Have I violated any rule?

You did not violate any rule, wanted to take out the post you quoted but changed my mind for some reasons.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunstein(m): 8:19am On Sep 03, 2014
Embassy isn't open for business today....just left the embassy.....for blocked account opening....was told to come back tomorrow...tho the man took down my details.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 03, 2014
Guys, how do i go about acquiring german health insurance from Nigeria here. My department sent me a mail now saying that it is all i need now to complete my enrollment. @emeka and TUM people, i need u guys help oo because my deadline is on the 15th sept

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 9:28am On Sep 03, 2014
The TUM and Rhine Waal families are well represented on this forum. Please, who is going to Anhalt, I'm now doubting if this place is in Germany o.
Please oh! I need family o. (miming Tupac's 'Thugs get lonely too' and Akon's 'Lonely')
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 9:31am On Sep 03, 2014
ebele17: Guys, how do i go about acquiring german health insurance from Nigeria here. My department sent me a mail now saying that it is all i need now to complete my enrollment. @emeka and TUM people, i need u guys help oo because my deadline is on the 15th sept
@ebele17, let's trade information by barter. I will give you on credit, give me back when you read this message.
About your German health insurance, I think your family in Germany can acquire one on your behalf very easily. contact them right away. I remember my sponsor asking me if I need a health insurance so he can get it along with the letter once and for all but I obviously didn't need it then. So I think its very possible. or you contact the German health insurance companies online. check the one that is applicable to you first.

Aha! pay me with this info, (Opens Ebola free hands expectantly for something to drop on it looking the other way)- What magic or trick did you use to get the embassy to bring back the date of your interview earlier than initially scheduled?

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Polish Student Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.