Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886895 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 4:42pm On Dec 02, 2014
Eke40seven:

I don't really know what you are insinuating but you should know that;

**When you open the blocked account, you can book an appointment with the slip you are given after opening the account without funding the account at all;

**Your interview can be conducted without the account being funded

**After your interview, you are still free not to fund the account

****When you receive a mail by the embassy after your visa is ready to come over for collection, YOU MUST FULLY FUND the account and not even an EURO less whether you have a proof of 20 million or more in another account or not before you can collect it.

I hope that answers your question.

God bless thee.

I have been a bit busy. Soon, I will conditionally give an update of my latest findings, although not conclusive yet, but I feel we can put heads together to get the true facts and that's the only condition under which it will I would willingly go ahead with it.
In no particular order, the subject are.
*A school that COULD accept SSCE

*A school that COULD accept HND for masters

*A failure proof way one could get into Language school in Germany and get a visa.

* A way to beat your school deadline and not worrying about your visa expiring before your visa is issued.

*Then I will post an update on the format and how to write a very good letter of motivation (statement of intent)

Sleep time, me insomniac nocturnal vampire, I have got a long day ahead.
Peace be to ye all.

Eke40seven u b man!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kunlelikeme: 6:14pm On Dec 02, 2014
@all....how are you guyz doing>?i am sorry i have not posted here since sunday as promised...this germany ehn,it get as it be.....before you know ehn..fiam...time don go...been busy with classes and homeworks.
if you are not ready to read like machine no come here come do engineering o..you must sabi read like jack hammer....anyways no mind me..as a naija boy.we no go carry last...actor no dey die for film.
For you guys wey wan come here study ,Rhine -waal will open application for masters program latest 3rd week of december ,if you have the requirements ,apply asap.
And also think about it well,Kleve is a village full of old people and the population is like 45k...very boring for me,i am trying to navigate to other states next year cos for here ...before you see work ehn! and also language is the problem here..as for me na only english ,ijebu,and pigin i still sabi for now.....so you guyz should learn german before u comot for naija o...go goethe institute...dem tell me i no hear,i dey drink the garri small small now.
If you come to Kleve,use am enter germany...then after first semester or two....carry your gangara go another city....but for children wey their papa go send money for block account every year,i think this is a good place to cool down and read but if you be huzzler,wey u go huzzle block account to renew fisa.....pull ur ear,make u pick race transfer go another school for bigger cities.

@EKE4SEVEN. bros which way nar?how your matter?hope you are now in duetchland ?Pls i beg you in the name of God ,if you have any school that accepts Hnd for masters here please let me know sir,because I dey reason say i dey waste time for here mehn,dey start another degree ,had it been this town come make sense i no go worry....pls my oga,na on my knees i dey...i don try look for schools wey go accept my hnd tire but i no see any for now.one schol for czech rep dey accept ,i for go but the fee na 4keuros...so i lockup
bros i will be so glad if you can send us the link...God bless you...na you be the chairman of this thread o.......

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 6:56pm On Dec 02, 2014
kunlelikeme:
@all....
Oga mi! I hail.
Please I am also looking forward to applying to ur uni. I wan ask a question, did you score the 100 for toefl? Or can they offer admission without scoring upto that 100.

Please people in Germany help me in my predicament, I just need somebody to help me pay 3 euros. I will pay you back. Please please!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kunlelikeme: 7:00pm On Dec 02, 2014
@xketchdesign...na me hail pass...if you are apply for masters,na 100 for toefl o...but as i dey hear,it seems its easy to pass IELTS than Toefl...So you might try that but you must score 6.5...bro pls try hard..you go pass,....practice for 2weeks before the exam...i am sure you will excel...the thing needs practice

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 7:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
kunlelikeme:
@xketchdesign...na me hail pass...if you are apply for masters,na 100 for toefl o...but as i dey hear,it seems its easy to pass IELTS than Toefl...So you might try that but you must score 6.5...bro pls try hard..you go pass,....practice for 2weeks before the exam...i am sure you will excel...the thing needs practice
I already have my toefl. Didn't score 100 doe, was 7 points shy.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 7:11pm On Dec 02, 2014
Obiwannn:

check ur pm
ok sir
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kunlelikeme: 7:13pm On Dec 02, 2014
@xketsdsn ...bro try again
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 7:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
kunlelikeme:
@all....how are you guyz doing>?i am sorry i have not posted here since sunday as promised...this germany ehn,it get as it be.....before you know ehn..fiam...time don go...been busy with classes and homeworks.
if you are not ready to read like machine no come here come do engineering o..you must sabi read like jack hammer....anyways no mind me..as a naija boy.we no go carry last...actor no dey die for film.
For you guys wey wan come here study ,Rhine -waal will open application for masters program latest 3rd week of december ,if you have the requirements ,apply asap.
And also think about it well,Kleve is a village full of old people and the population is like 45k...very boring for me,i am trying to navigate to other states next year cos for here ...before you see work ehn! and also language is the problem here..as for me na only english ,ijebu,and pigin i still sabi for now.....so you guyz should learn german before u comot for naija o...go goethe institute...dem tell me i no hear,i dey drink the garri small small now.
If you come to Kleve,use am enter germany...then after first semester or two....carry your gangara go another city....but for children wey their papa go send money for block account every year,i think this is a good place to cool down and read but if you be huzzler,wey u go huzzle block account to renew fisa.....pull ur ear,make u pick race transfer go another school for bigger cities.

@EKE4SEVEN. bros which way nar?how your matter?hope you are now in duetchland ?Pls i beg you in the name of God ,if you have any school that accepts Hnd for masters here please let me know sir,because I dey reason say i dey waste time for here mehn,dey start another degree ,had it been this town come make sense i no go worry....pls my oga,na on my knees i dey...i don try look for schools wey go accept my hnd tire but i no see any for now.one schol for czech rep dey accept ,i for go but the fee na 4keuros...so i lockup
bros i will be so glad if you can send us the link...God bless you...na you be the chairman of this thread o.......
i smell pumpin in the house grin...................................................... u don relocate go Dusseldorf?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kunlelikeme: 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
@hollytan....Mr Danku...how far nar?how is elewure doing?guy when you come here ehn...you go see ,shebi it dey hungry you ...how far?hope you don send ur application....?abeg ping me for whatsapp,i no see your number agn as my memory card dey do yamayama...i wan reason you sharpally....u fit dey do anyhow o......but me go catch you na....dusseldof ke...if i fit i go waka o...but i dey take it easy mehn...no be only dusseldof sef...na berlin or bremen or hamburg my eye dey o....here dry like hmmm...shey you know Akure, ..eh sorry na village you sef graduate na...wey u dey speak ilorin for lagos...ehehehehe...this plave worse pass ilorin or ogbomoso....i dey reason this place like ogijo town for ikorodu....lolzzz..

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 7:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
kunlelikeme:
@hollytan....Mr Danku...how far nar?how is elewure doing?guy when you come here ehn...you go see ,shebi it dey hungry you ...how far?hope you don send ur application....?abeg ping me for whatsapp,i no see your number agn as my memory card dey do yamayama...i wan reason you sharpally....u fit dey do anyhow o......but me go catch you na....dusseldof ke...if i fit i go waka o...but i dey take it easy mehn...no be only dusseldof sef...na berlin or bremen or hamburg my eye dey o....here dry like hmmm...shey you know Akure, ..eh sorry na village you sef graduate na...wey u dey speak ilorin for lagos...ehehehehe...this plave worse pass ilorin or ogbomoso....i dey reason this place like ogijo town for ikorodu....lolzzz..
lmaoooo grin i dey send am through someone going to dublin on thursday...... he go help me send am over there and it will get to the destination within three days, na ur talk me and elewure dey talk yesterday, we just dey pity ur life grin me sef lost ur number with my fone i suppose don hail you, 08083249680 buzz me make we talk better
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 9:33pm On Dec 02, 2014
XketchDesigns:

I already have my toefl. Didn't score 100 doe, was 7 points shy.

93?? scholar!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Generalkorex(m): 9:38pm On Dec 02, 2014
kunlelikeme:

ogijo no de ikorodu o.bro
e n le o omo alare. As u dey describe dat place e go worst pass ogijo maybe u go compare am with likosi
bon de ti je?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 02, 2014
naijadove:

Different factors could cause your rejection. They give admission in order of ranking of the applicants.
So you may not have a bad results or qualification but some people might have ranked higher than you.

1. What did you graduate with from your HND, your grade when converted. Grades in related subjects
2. Using two WAEC results may not be an issue but rather your grades in the subject are more important. e.g. Having B3 or better in Mathematics
(That is just an example)
3. Those who has A1 german certificate or higher were upgraded by 0,2
4. Having a detailed CV gives you some points
5. Toefl iBT score should be higher than 70

Forgive the double posts, my phone was being silly
Thanks for the response. Yeah; 1. I graduated in mechanical engineering HND applied for Bsc. electrical
2. my mathematics was credit in one, pass in the other
3.??
4. my CV was normal
4.TOEFL was above 70
I just guess maybe its because I read something different from what I'm applying for.
I have more choices next winter. Though its so far away
Re: German Embassy And Visa by gadafitruth: 8:03am On Dec 03, 2014
[quote author=kunlelikeme ..na berlin or bremen or hamburg or baden wutterberg.

dont waste ur time on another bsc..Although u are already in it and not deceiving urself that things will sought itself, that ur spirit will make u overcome challenges.

for some tips-
Germany do not accept HND for masters no matter the UNI..

Try do a top up 1year degree or a post graduate diploma(PGD) ..(the cost comes to almost same in other countries..u might not kno this but the free in fee almost equates to limitations like the 240 half days a year maximum working period..which u can easily go over without knowin it.thereby violation but our naija mentality will say nothing dey happen but in reality its violation..dont go anywhere else in Europe..Czech? forget, jobs no too much!).

U can apply for a scholarship in U.S if ur grades are good and have GMAT/GRE..USA value ur Engineering degree especially if u can add some basic IT(coding) knowledge to it. Many schools accept HND and u can start to plan how to get scholarship..

Dont waste that degree!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pamraider1(f): 9:35am On Dec 03, 2014
Hello good people of this educative thread...
Please who has posted via Registered NIPOST recently? I posted 2 registered mail out of 5 set of documents to schools in Germany precisely on 12th of November, each time I try tracking from the very first day I get this info: "document received from customer".
Moreso, I have contacted all the schools, they all haven't received my credentials. Please, what could be the problem? One of the school's deadline was 30th Nov. I'm getting worried.
Kindly share your view on this. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kunlelikeme: 10:38am On Dec 03, 2014
@gadafitruth,,,i sent you an email...please respond........i need more clarification on what you said
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 10:49am On Dec 03, 2014
gadafitruth:
[quote author=kunlelikeme ..na berlin or bremen or hamburg or baden wutterberg.

dont waste ur time on another bsc..Although u are already in it and not deceiving urself that things will sought itself, that ur spirit will make u overcome challenges.

for some tips-
Germany do not accept HND for masters no matter the UNI..

Try do a top up 1year degree or a post graduate diploma(PGD) ..(the cost comes to almost same in other countries..u might not kno this but the free in fee almost equates to limitations like the 240 half days a year maximum working period..which u can easily go over without knowin it.thereby violation but our naija mentality will say nothing dey happen but in reality its violation..dont go anywhere else in Europe..Czech? forget, jobs no too much!).

U can apply for a scholarship in U.S if ur grades are good and have GMAT/GRE..USA value ur Engineering degree especially if u can add some basic IT(coding) knowledge to it. Many schools accept HND and u can start to plan how to get scholarship..

Dont waste that degree!

deep.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by XketchDesigns(m): 11:25am On Dec 03, 2014
kunlelikeme:
@gadafitruth,,,i sent you an email...please respond........i need more clarification on what you said
Sent you a mail.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by igwejay: 1:15pm On Dec 03, 2014
pamraider1:
Please who has posted via Registered NIPOST recently? I posted 2 registered mail out of 5 set of documents to schools in Germany precisely on 12th of November, each time I try tracking from the very first day I get this info: "document received from customer".
Moreso, I have contacted all the schools, they all haven't received my credentials. Please, what could be the problem? One of the school's deadline was 30th Nov. I'm getting worried.

please can you list the schools u applied to so dat i can browse through them and check if i can apply
thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2014
Top of the day to you all and the best wishes the day provides. I couldn’t update yesterday as promised as it was the same day I went to officially withdraw my visa application and collect my documents. It was after then that the bitter reality hit me as my dejected figure cast a dark shadow under the hellish heat radiated by the sight blinding bright Lagos sun. However, the shinning positives as I brooded over the unfolding events that led up to the present came to light (no puns intended) and it was a paradox to my long dark shadows which haunted the fine sands of VI as I trudged on to strategize on a new plan of action wiser and may be stronger with more insights. Some of the lessons I learnt will be useful in this post.
Below are the sub themes and contents:

SCHOOLS THAT MAY ACCEPT SSCE AND OND
It is a general belief which was strongly held on to on this thread (yours truly was a devout adherent of that school of thought). However, a few months ago I discovered that some schools, in their quest to make up for their lack of students or limited number of applicant may bend that rule to accommodate more. This is so because failure to have enough students to fill admission slots could paint a bad image of the school. BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg is one school that does this. I know someone who was granted admission with an SSCE in a BSc course. To further prove my suspicion beyond any doubt, I met someone yesterday, although she was denied a visa by the embassy, was given an admission in an Engineering course (BSc), but she had a commercial background and had a BSc in Economics with no knowledge of any science course beyond biology! Can you believe that?
The other schools I suspected could budge on these requirements, all in the east do not have English taught programmes. However, for further research, I hope you now know where to focus your search on. Even OND holders could take advantage of this and do more searches. So search for some less renowned universities and especially UoAS in the states of Thuringia, Saxony Anhalt, Saxony, Brandenburg and Mecklenburg Western-Pomerania.

SCHOOLS THAT MAY ACCEPT HND FOR MASTERS DEGREE
Proper research universities may NEVER accept Polytechnic HNDs from Nigeria, if your wish is to study in TUM, TU Damstadt, LMU and other prestigious university, then this is not for you. Go start from the scratch. However, if your wish is to do a master with your HND, some UoAS may be the new flame to woo. Obviously, not all will allow this, or if I may rephrase, most will not allow, but since the nature of the teachings in polytechnics are closely related to that offered by UoAS, you MIGHT Stand a chance. I know for sure that FH Dortmund accepts polytechnic degrees, although they require a GP of 2.3 or better on the German grading system. The other schools I found do not have complete English taught programmes. However, this is a tip for further research, when you check the admission requirements and see BSC/DIPLOMA, then you should know that you are in for some luck.

FOR BSC HOLDERS WHOSE GP IS LESS THAN 2.5 ON THE GERMAN SCALE
We must admit that it is very difficult or hitherto though impossible to get a Masters degree with such GP, that belief still hold true but you can also try your luck with the schools I mentioned earlier. On the other hand, you would stand a far better chance getting admission in another related Bsc programme. However, it’s not all gloom, the truth is, you don’t have to start from the scratch, you can start from a HIGHER SEMESTER, and there are options like that. Note however, that it may not be easy coping when you don’t have a solid foundation in something even with your Nigerian Bsc. Endeavour to send a mail to the programme coordinator of the course and bear out your concerns for further guidance before applying.

A FAILURE PROOF WAY TO SECURE VISA IN A LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN GERMAN
After the establishment of the hallowed Geothe Institute in Lagos, it has become harder to secure visa for a language school and we have come to believe it as almost impossible. This myth is even made more widely accepted as an unshakeable status quo because of the number of unsuccessful attempts to achieve this. However, during my plight with the embassy and due to the frequency of enquiries that I made in order to successfully get my visa, I was made to understand that people do not get visa for language school because they go about it the wrong way and they go for the wrong language school or the wrong programmes, the reason being that there is a minimum requirement your planned language study must meet before you are considered for admission.
Firstly, the language programme must be intensive. “intensive”, in this sense means that it must be for a minimum of 18 HOURS in a WEEK from MONDAYS to FRIDAYS, anything less than that will be COMPLETELY rejected and would amount to a waste of time, money and energy. Secondly, the language school should be continuous with successive stages available so it can stretch beyond 3 months.

Thirdly, when you are applying for visa with a language course, it’s always advisable to apply for STUDENT VISA instead of Language visa. This will give you the opportunity to stay back and search for degree giving schools and also cast out any doubt on your intentions to go for actual studies. Also give good reasons and proofs that you actually need the language course for further studies without which you may struggle or may not be able to further your studies or gain admission. Also, try applying for schools as you are applying for visas as that could solidify your claims and prove the genuineness and veracity of your reasons. In fact, take adequate steps to make sure you can get admission before or once you reach Germany.
The advantages of studying in a language school in Germany before studies cannot be overemphasized. You stand a chance to integrate better before your actual study commences as you would be used to the German society, language and even weather beforehand, and you stand to open more opportunities for yourself both economically and socially a your ability to speak the language will break so many barrier and give you the opportunity to ‘experiment’ with the educational system in Germany, make and learn from mistakes.
This last point will lead up to my next post.

…………………………………………TO BE CONTINUED
Kunlelikeme, I admire your resolve to contribute to a thread that you also gained from. Giving back to the society where you came from is the norm in civilized climes and you have proven yourself worthy. I also like your boldness to state things as it is without mincing words or sugar coating and with no care in the world whose ox is being gored. I had my reservations about Kleve too. However, I will urge you to look beyond that small dull village, take advantage of your semester ticket and spread your tentacles to other cities around. NRW has an innumerable number of cities good for hustle, compactly located than any other state in Germany or may be even Europe. The only problem will obviously be time wasted on road.
I hail thee bro, keep it up.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by kunlelikeme: 2:05pm On Dec 03, 2014
@eke4seven...thank you for commending me sir,There are places good for huzzle here no doubt but i will have to travel 4hrs to and fro and thats really waste of time ...and I am trying to transfer some credits from my HND from Nigeria.If I can successfully do that ,that I am just going to take few courses,i will wait here and finish sharply but if not...bro i am going to find my way out here next semester.i have been trying to get some school uptown,but some very interesting courses i will like to do require me having a internship contract with a company where i can be studying and also learn from the job .
I have written to so many of them but I havent gotten any response,please what do you think i do about that or probably if you know how people do get the contract..i will be glad to red from you again.
cheers
Re: German Embassy And Visa by stharrie(f): 10:08pm On Dec 03, 2014
Abeg, shey it is advisable and visa application friendly to apply for studienkollegs before undergraduate studies?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pamraider1(f): 11:20pm On Dec 03, 2014
igwejay:

please can you list the schools u applied to so dat i can browse through them and check if i can apply
thanks

The surebet way is to select from daad.de . However, I applied to TUM, Uni of Tubingen, Uni Stuttgart, uni munster and Ulm. 3 summer and 2 winter 2015, I applied directly to the schools.
Tubingen just confirmed that they have received my docs.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 4:46am On Dec 04, 2014
stharrie:
Abeg, shey it is advisable and visa application friendly to apply for studienkollegs before undergraduate studies?
Can you speak German? Have you passed the language requirements to a certain level. Note that policies for studienkollegs are quite different, you can't use it in all schools and the school providing the studies must have given you an admission under the condition that you go for the studienkolleg...

Well, if there is somebody that has gone through the process, I hope the person gives more informed insights.
Fare thee well!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tayoslayer(m): 7:27am On Dec 04, 2014
pamraider1:

The surebet way is to select from daad.de . However, I applied to TUM, Uni of Tubingen, Uni Stuttgart, uni munster and Ulm. 3 summer and 2 winter 2015, I applied directly to the schools.
undecided You already applied for winter? You dey vex ooo grin More so, did you apply directly for TUM? because they use Uni-assist for international students according to their website.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by gadafitruth: 7:45am On Dec 04, 2014
@kunlelikeme..."and I am trying to transfer some credits from my HND from Nigeria.If I can successfully do that"...

@ ur quote is one of the options u have, it might be tough getting the course contents, credit hours etc from Nigerian institutions, but if u can pls do as German uni's will compare each course content and if satisfactory ul get exemptions..and easier also to transfer to other uni's..I must say I really like your resolve..really unrelenting.

Also, if ur poly finds it difficult to find the content but u remember wat u did in each course with credit hours, list them down from ur ND to HND, then tell whoever can help u pass it across to dept head in ur naija poly for stamp and signature..this is widely accepted also as our naija unis/poly's are slow sometimes in preparin course contents themselves.

av replied ur pm, its blank mostly, if not personal, lets keep it open on the forum as lotsssssss of people are learning from ur step..even those in Germo! lol
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pamraider1(f): 8:05am On Dec 04, 2014
tayoslayer:

undecided You already applied for winter? You dey vex ooo grin More so, did you apply directly for TUM? because they use Uni-assist for international students according to their website.

Lol, yes oo, no time to waste. The course I applied to in TUM does not need to pass through uni assist

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 9:33am On Dec 04, 2014
pamraider1:

i wanna apply to Munster also....
TUM? their admission is very competitive. .
hope you have very good undergrad grades..
what course are u applying for if I may ask?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 9:42am On Dec 04, 2014
hollaytan..
can I get ur number pls..
it's urgent.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ganasy: 11:28am On Dec 04, 2014
There is a high possibility they will be delivered. Thats what u usually see when u track nipost mails.some schs really take a long time to answer. So i guess u should not worry too much about it.
pamraider1:
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pamraider1(f): 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
Obiwannn:

i wanna apply to Munster also....
TUM? their admission is very competitive. .
hope you have very good undergrad grades..
what course are u applying for if I may ask?

Yeah, I know its competitive but it does not stop me from giving it a try. I applied for Applied and Engineering Physics.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by pamraider1(f): 1:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
ganasy:
There is a high possibility they will be delivered. Thats what u usually see when u track nipost mails.some schs really take a long time to answer. So i guess u should not worry too much about it.

Thanks, I'm a bit relieved now, right now 3 has been confirmed delivered. The schools sent me confirmation message this morning. Funny enough those 3 were not registered mail.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (481)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.