Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Anambra Is Too Sophisticated For Anybody To Rig Election- Senator Ifeanyi Ubah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Is Too Sophisticated For Anybody To Rig Election- Senator Ifeanyi Ubah (186 Views)

Anambra Election: Senator Ifeanyi Uba Casts Vote (Pictures) / "If You Are A Nigerian, Please Watch This & See How They Rig Election" - Lady / 2019 General Election: Senator Yayi Pick Up Nomination Form (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Is Too Sophisticated For Anybody To Rig Election- Senator Ifeanyi Ubah by TonyRazor(m): 7:09pm On Sep 20, 2021
Nwafor Okafor
Anambra is too sophisticated for anybody to rig election- Senator Ifeanyi Ubah

The governorship candidate of Young Progressives Party in the November 6 election in Anambra State, Senator Ifeanyi Ubah has said nobody can rig the poll.

He said Anambra was too sophisticated for anybody to attempt such sharp practice, adding he had no fear about the credibility of the election.

He said he had the mechanisms to announce the results before the Independent National Electoral Commission.

"I have my own situation room, and I have over 80,000 canvassers in the state. We have as much as 500 canvassers in some wards, we have just a little over 5,000 polling stations in the state.
We will have people in all of them, and let me tell you, once the election is over, we would have collated all the results and known the outcome, even before INEC announces the result," Ubah said.

Ubah who spoke in Nnewi on Monday in reaction to a widespread fear that a certain political party had concluded plans to rig the poll.

He said a lot of factors had indicated that the election would be credible, stating the Independent National Electoral Commission had integrity to protect beyond the Anambra poll.

He said "What people don't understand is that we have an INEC chairman that also wants history to remember him positively. He also needs to show people that he is not a man that is found wanting. Remember that election is coming up in 2023.

"The general election is very critical, and the Anambra election is a signpost to how that one will go. If the INEC chairman compromises, then he would have shown that he is not a man to be trusted.

"It is only a rumour, and people are buying into it that a particular candidate has the ear of everybody and will rig the election, but it is not true. Even Mr President himself will not stake his credibility for Anambra election. He is already on his way out, so I wonder why he will want to destroy his personality by rigging Anambra election?"

Ubah said those who believed the election would be rigged were naive, because Anambra is a politically-aware state, and also ready to ensure that it protects its votes.

He added,"Anambra is not a state that is backward, social media-wise. People are very aware here, and even before you release a wrong result, people would have had it on social media already.

(1) (Reply)

Cross River South: Duke As A Reincarnation Of Quisling / 2023 Presidential Zoning: Nigeria May Cease To Exist - Ohanaeze Youths Warn / Akwa Ibom @34 : Frank Archibong, Etteh, Interpreting Governor Emmanuel's Vision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.