Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,211 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account (30532 Views)

Tingo Group (Dozy Mmobuosi) Is A Fraudulent Enterprise / I Noticed A Lot Of Scams About GMG Investment / How To Get POS Machine For Business Or Start Up A POS Withdrawal Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by Nikkganc08(m): 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2021
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by mfm04622: 9:30pm On Sep 21, 2021
First thing is to change your pin! Or to deactivate the card. Then notify your bank about it. I doubt they can help sha
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by marooh: 9:31pm On Sep 21, 2021
Stankovic22:
You see these POS guys, they are criminals... Fear them.

Even before POS, I was always careful with my accounts after I saw one chance people cleared my colleagues account when they held him at gunpoint then one of them went to ATM with his card to clear his account.

Since then, I adopted a three bank rule...

Savings, transfer and expense accounts.

For savings, I use Piggyvest to keep my funds mostly in dollar to guide against inflation. This is my main savings account... Reason is because Piggyvest is very secure in the sense that, your money cannot be withdrawn to just any account except yours even if the scammer has access to your account... Secondly to change your phone number, name or email, the scammer must contact Piggyvest and ensures accurate information is provided which is impossible...

TRANSFER ACCOUNT: with this I only have Mobile App for it. Reason is because I am a business man and may need to do some transfers. This account is what I use to receive funds before I get them transferred almost immediately to my Piggyvest. Most times I use android phones with two interface and this bank app is hidden away from the general interface which most scammers do not know off. To protect the little funds in this account, I ensure that my SIM card has password because once my phone is stolen, first thing a thief will do will be to switch off the phone and once he turns it off, my SIM goes into lock and he cannot access it unless with my pin or puk.

EXPENSE ACCOUNT: this is the only account I have ATM for. I only put money here when I need to make payment or withdraw cash. I don't trust POS, ATMs or even my wallet. I can lose my wallet tomorrow and the card will be gone, so I only put money I am withdrawing or using immediately.

When I am going out, I try to leave a little amount there in case I am in need of cash. Anybody that wants to steal my ATM details should gladly come and take it.... I bet you will never find money to steal from that account because I withdraw immediately I send... Except u wan thief 5k or 2k
Hmm Ana ere afia..... advert chairperson
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by OlujobaSamuel: 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
AJOBI77:
It's a POS transaction. Meaning your ATM was used for the transaction unless it was a cardless transaction.
Visit the nearest branch of your bank or call the call center via the numbers at the back of your ATM card or send an official enquiry to their official mail
The thing still dey confuse me sef, can one do a careless withdrawal on a POS?
I run a POS business and I'm having analogue and smart terminals, there is no option for withdrawal without card on both types except you want to transfer. Also, except a card is used, you can't carry out a transaction on a 3rd party account, as only account attached to the wallet can be transacted on.
It would have been possible if the transaction was done online, so the probable cause is misplaced card, stolen card or clone card. Likely more of stolen then returned to his custody by someone close to him

2 Likes

Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by eghuan1(m): 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
kudinkarfe:
Report the matter to police they will track the criminal. Last year 180,000 was withdrawn from my account and the criminal bought something in Italy with my money and I reported to police, they called my bank costumer care number and I gave them detail information of what happened. Within one month the same POS returned my money.

See, that POS person has been bullied by the police. That's why you got your money and the police most likely got a very large amount for themselves.

Person wey know his right will not bulge. The police know they have nothing to pin that transaction on the POS agent.
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by Seytex: 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
Same thing happened to me a week ago, woke up to debit alert of 4421# five times, my ATM card has always being with me, never used it on an ATM machines not POS machine. 24k gone from my acct just like that from UBA.. our money ain't safe anymore with these banks.. very annoying and frustrating

1 Like

Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by MARX77(m): 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2021
justBreathe:
Good evening, everyone.

I am an undergraduate student at UNN.
I applied for an opportunity recently that required me to submit a copy of my statement of account (SoA) to the organization for verification.
As i was going through the SoA now, I just discovered a POS transaction (withdrawal) that I never made as I do not use POS at all for fear of scams.

It reads.......

POS TRAN-SABON MAFARKI VENTUR/EN/NG/28072021

A Google search shows the said company is in Taraba state.
https://nigeria24.me/sabon-mafarki-ventures

The debit is N20, 000.

How was the withdrawal even done without my card?
I am so sure my card never leaves me as I'm quite scrupulous about my things.

I am so lost now
Pls what can I do to get this sorted out currently?
Can anyone assist me with the procedure of getting my bank (FirstBank) to look into this?

To think I need money badly this period.
cry cry cry

My major concern is you didn't get any alert and you didn't notice a drop in your account balance. You must be a big man cause if such money leaves mans account, man must notice, lol
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by eghuan1(m): 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:

I run a POS business and I'm having analogue and smart terminals, there is no option for withdrawal without card on both types except you want to transfer. Also, except a card is used, you can't carry out a transaction on a 3rd party account, as only account attached to the wallet can be transacted on.
It would have been possible if the transaction was done online, so the probable cause is misplaced card, stolen card or clone card. Likely more of stolen then returned to his custody by someone close to him

There are POS companies that offer CARDLESS WITHDRAWAL of funds.

1 Like

Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by fasterwell(m): 9:45pm On Sep 21, 2021
justBreathe:

I will do that tomorrow.
But is there any way to kickstart things tonight?

I was told here that I should mail them and copy CBN and the EFCC..

My in-law had similar experience after using a pos but he confronted them and the owner of the periods denied it

He then went to the bank and he was told that it was the POS operator that was deducting his money
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by seunlizy(f): 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2021
justBreathe:
Good evening, everyone.

I applied for an opportunity recently that required me to submit a copy of my statement of account (SoA) to the organization for verification.
As i was going through the SoA now, I just discovered a POS transaction (withdrawal) that I never made as I do not use POS at all for fear of scams.

It reads.......

The debit is N20, 000.

I am so lost now
Can anyone assist me with the procedure of getting my bank (FirstBank) to look into this?

cry cry cry

This means that ur ATM card has been compromised I hope. You have reported the case to your bank or call ur bank customercare. Solution is to block your ATM card completely to avoid another debit and avoid using POS for now.
Op pls forget about the money cos is gone.
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by OgundeleT(m): 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:

With Opay and firstmonie terminal, a careless withdrawal can be done. But the customer must come along use the alert phone to approve the transaction.
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by SonofGod231: 9:49pm On Sep 21, 2021
eghuan1:

Online POS Shopping is totally different from
POS Tran-with point location.
Don't confuse yourself.
Some Banks do make illegal transactions.
I remember one mysteriously debited some money from my account.
Went to the bank and complained,made problems and finally told them I didn't want the account again,that they should just close it.
It was the bank manager that told me I shouldn't close the account that they will sort it out.
I just stopped using the account though because they only give me my debit/ credit alerts whenever they feel like unless im checking with the mobile app.Months later,I just decided to check the account and saw they've returned the same amount they took away from it. I just transferred the funds to my other bank because I have longed stopped using the useless bank account.
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2021
20k left your account and you didn't notice till you were asked to bring SOA
You get money ohh

Don't you get debit alerts?
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by SirLakes: 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
fasterwell:

My in-law had similar experience after using a pos but he confronted them and the owner of the periods denied it

He then went to the bank and he was told that it was the POS operator that was deducting his money

Some POS operators are theives. Same happened to some 1 know, after using a POS, all the money in the account was gone some hours later.
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by OlujobaSamuel: 10:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
eghuan1:

Never knew, none of the 3 merchants I'm using have such option.
Thanks
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by intruder15(m): 10:07pm On Sep 21, 2021
justBreathe:
Good evening, everyone.

It reads.......

The debit is N20, 000.

I am so lost now

cry cry cry

That debit occurred since July. Think well well. It may be authorized. Just that you forgot.
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by Yusluv13(m): 10:15pm On Sep 21, 2021
From experience, as you see taraba as the location of where you withdrew money, it didn't mean that the POS agent is in Taraba but there nearest Branch or main branch is in Taraba.

I've withdrew money in my local area and when I checked the debit alert, I saw e-settlement paycentre, Lagos bla bla..

In Hences, Someone can use your ATM to withdrew in your locality with different address showed in your debit alert like the aforementioned.
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by rezzy: 10:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
@op, check very well maybe you withdrew before that day.

I made a withdrawal from a pos and got alert after 5 days.
I was shocked, I checked by balance and text msg, then I saw I wasn't debited the day I used it

Then, another day, I got debited of 5k, then credited with the same amount again. I didn't know how that happened but my money was complete so I didn't probe further.
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by pendragon35(m): 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2021
Bro. Just go block your card and get a new card. Bank will do really nothing about it. I have been in your shoe even for a bigger amount and they did nothing about it.
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by hansomb: 11:19pm On Sep 21, 2021
Are you using an unregistered SIM card or did you lost a sim card and never bother to do welcome back ?
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by Africankel(m): 11:20pm On Sep 21, 2021
A similar incident happened to my brother. He called me two days ago to inform me of a transaction of 14k leaving his account (debit alert not sent). He complained to the bank and the best they could do was to give him the details of where the money went - a POS interswitch account.

Sadly, the bank can't do anything to reverse the funds.
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by Emdee590(m): 11:59pm On Sep 21, 2021
ibroh22:
OP just visit your bank and complain about the transaction, a chargeback would be raised and tge acquiring bank would definitely look into it.
Please note that, let them log the complaint as fraudulent so that proper investigation can be carried out as to how the debit was authorized with on your card.
oil still dae your head bro. That is the only solution "chargeback"
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by Antoeni(m): 12:05am On Sep 22, 2021
Congratulations
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by NomzyJust(m): 12:10am On Sep 22, 2021
Same way my access bank atm card was used to pay for something in far away Puerto Rico in April 2021.

Puerto Rico!!

I have a complaint to CBN since they don't want to refund me since then.
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by Darkmode64: 12:14am On Sep 22, 2021
pocohantas:

I doubt this. If you need money badly, you would have noticed N20,000 left your account, because if ordinary N1 leave my account, I GO CALL OUT GTB FOR TWITTER, IG AND NAIRALAND.

Report to your bank.
As in... Kept thinking about It. Na big boy
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by Otueke04(m): 12:31am On Sep 22, 2021
The same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago... I immediately contacted the customer care representative of the bank and the account was frozen immediately, with the card totally blocked to avoid subsequent fraudulent transactions.

PS: I didn't give the card to anybody... In fact, the card was in my wallet, in the room with me when the debit alert came in and I still have the card with me till today sef
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by purpleicious(f): 1:22am On Sep 22, 2021
I had same experience, you won't believe that First Bank did nothing but asked me to change my ATM card!
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by Kingrefreshed: 2:33am On Sep 22, 2021
justBreathe:
Good evening, everyone.

It reads.......

The debit is N20, 000.

I am so lost now

cry cry cry

It happened to me also last year September and I lost #149,600 Naira cry cry cry.

If you bank with Access Bank I want to assure you it's gone. There is nothing you can do about it. They will make sure they frustrate all your efforts.

Till today I didn't recover a dime.

Mine was that I used a POS in a popular Restaurant and Bar in Owerri and I believe the guys there Snapped my ATM front and Back because it was in the night and I was already feeling tipsy from the drinks me and my friend had that night and was in a hurry to go.

I wanted to Use Police and Arrest them but then the bank told me that I don't have any evidence as the money was Withdrawn from an online "POS".

Even the police I reported to charged me 80,000 to help me and I was even more tired..
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by miniziter(m): 3:12am On Sep 22, 2021
eghuan1:

If they do, does it mean the attendant can do it without the consent of the account holder. Please go and do your research..
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by Stankovic22: 3:24am On Sep 22, 2021
marooh:

Hmm Ana ere afia..... advert chairperson

Wetin dey do this one... Which yeye advert? Did you see a referral link or plea to join anything.

Yeye dey smell
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by sevo(m): 4:06am On Sep 22, 2021
eghuan1:
As a complaint person for a POS company, I usually deal with these kinds of cases everyday.

First check if the card with you right now is yours. It could have been swapped at the ATM and because the POS address is in Taraba does not mean it's being used there. Somebody can collect a POS from any state and use it anywhere.

Secondly, it's almost impossible for your ATM card to be used without them knowing your details. So find out from your closed friends and family members too who used it.

Thirdly ask yourself serious questions, are you sure you didn't do this transaction by yourself and you have forgotten about it. If you could not take notice of a transaction done on your account for close to two months, there's high possibility of you forgetting you carried out this transaction too.

If you're still in doubt, go to the bank and deactivate that card from your account and get a new one.

You can raise questions about this transaction for the next two years and still not get close to the answer. The POS agent WILL NOT have record of who used his POS to make withdrawals. Even if he had, no criminal will write down his correct details.

That's all I can say for now.

The most sensible response I have seen so far as regards this thread.....respect man!!!!
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by auduadeniyi(m): 4:29am On Sep 22, 2021
Guy I believe you are using Master card there most be a time you make a withdrawal on POs that you were not charge for it. Go and check your statement am sure you will see the narration

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Start Filling Gas Plant Business? Please Who Can Help? / Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs / Folorunso Alakija Speaks At Harvard University (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.