Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,659 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account (30539 Views)

Tingo Group (Dozy Mmobuosi) Is A Fraudulent Enterprise / I Noticed A Lot Of Scams About GMG Investment / How To Get POS Machine For Business Or Start Up A POS Withdrawal Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by Ay04z(m): 5:45am On Sep 22, 2021
Bank dey always steal. Money.. Convert ur funds to usdt and crypto..... And have rest of mind...
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by jeff1607(m): 6:55am On Sep 22, 2021
Not the first time i will hear this sort of thing about FIRSTBANK and they can delay for Africa and still not provide solution or information on theft.
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by mekussa(m): 7:49am On Sep 22, 2021
Some banks sabi do rubbish. It MIGHT not be an illegal transaction sha, let me give you my experience.

I am the financial secretary of a society in church. I do the withdrawals while the president receives the alert. Sometime in October 2019, I made a withdrawal of 88k from ACCESS BANK branch in Nyanya, Abuja. The debit came, was seen and deleted. Fast forward to December 2019. I went to print out the statement of account to prepare the financial report and, lo and behold, on that SAME DAY I made that transaction, there was a transaction of same amount but FROM KETU, LAGOS and in a different NAME.

The final balance tallies, the transactions tally etc but the name and location.

I take style ask pesin for there how e go be. I was told that I had to write an application then they will investigate... Bla bla bla. I just did my report, explained the discrepancy and recommended we moved to another bank.

So, op, check yourself well well..... It might be the same thing that happened to you and an honest ATM withdrawal of 20k by you has been stupidly substituted by your bank. Check if your account tallies and balances out. If it does, just quietly PORT to another bank. My TWO KOBO
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by titopius(m): 11:04am On Sep 22, 2021
Is your ATM card registered on any platform online? Is yes that could be responsible for the withdrawal.. becoz the description will also show POS withdrawal.
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by nairamaniac: 1:41pm On Sep 22, 2021
justBreathe:
Good evening, everyone.

I am an undergraduate student at UNN.
I applied for an opportunity recently that required me to submit a copy of my statement of account (SoA) to the organization for verification.
As i was going through the SoA now, I just discovered a POS transaction (withdrawal) that I never made as I do not use POS at all for fear of scams.

It reads.......

POS TRAN-SABON MAFARKI VENTUR/EN/NG/28072021

A Google search shows the said company is in Taraba state.
https://nigeria24.me/sabon-mafarki-ventures

The debit is N20, 000.

How was the withdrawal even done without my card?
I am so sure my card never leaves me as I'm quite scrupulous about my things.

I am so lost now
Pls what can I do to get this sorted out currently?
Can anyone assist me with the procedure of getting my bank (FirstBank) to look into this?

To think I need money badly this period.
cry cry cry
op have u ever been to TARABA b4?
Or are u currently in Taraba?

Pls reply.
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by Forthe: 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2021
justBreathe:

I really cannot remember right now but
I haven't bought anything online throughout this year. That I'm sure of.

I only use the card to pay my school fees (on Remitta via my school's portal) and to fund my Barter (by Flutterwave) and PalmPay apps, as I began airtime sales recently to make some money for small expenses.

But the airtime sales began after the said fraudulent debit occurred (August).

I'm so confused..
cry
this are likely the problem.. Have one card for online payment, when ever you need it just fund it..

1 Like

Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by Forthe: 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2021
skywalker240:

same stupid firstbank ba? I made transfers to two different people last week, and they never received any alert, myself i didnt received any alert too but when i checked my balance, i discovered that the money i transfered has been deducted from my balance even till this day, its yet to be reversed, am at the outskirt of town and very busy now thats why i never go give them wahala.
next time ask the receive to check their balance, the money has been credited.. I experienced same, all I do is check balance and I will see the reflection on the account balance..
Maybe you have been played by the receivers
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by fasterwell(m): 2:53pm On Sep 22, 2021
SirLakes:

Some POS operators are theives. Same happened to some 1 know, after using a POS, all the money in the account was gone some hours later.

Exactly
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by skywalker240(m): 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2021
Forthe:
next time ask the receive to check their balance, the money has been credited.. I experienced same, all I do is check balance and I will see the reflection on the account balance..
Maybe you have been played by the receivers
they showed me their transactions for two days, am certain theyre telling the truth.
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by AJOBI77(m): 8:20am On Sep 23, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:

The thing still dey confuse me sef, can one do a careless withdrawal on a POS?
I run a POS business and I'm having analogue and smart terminals, there is no option for withdrawal without card on both types except you want to transfer. Also, except a card is used, you can't carry out a transaction on a 3rd party account, as only account attached to the wallet can be transacted on.
It would have been possible if the transaction was done online, so the probable cause is misplaced card, stolen card or clone card. Likely more of stolen then returned to his custody by someone close to him

There is cardless withdrawal. It will be withdrawn with OTP(code)
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by 2MuchSense: 11:41am On Sep 25, 2021
Edit
Re: I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 15, 2023
Experience a superior PayPal fund exchange service in Nigeria! Sell at the unmatched rate of N600+ per USD and enjoy lightning-fast withdrawals. Benefit from our comprehensive offerings, including hassle-free PayPal account opening and verification service in Nigeria, ensuring a seamless start to your journey. Harness the convenience of our trusted Pay4Me service for secure online payments. Choose our reliable services and unlock the true potential of your funds!

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Start Filling Gas Plant Business? Please Who Can Help? / Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs / Folorunso Alakija Speaks At Harvard University (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.