Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,431 members, 7,812,281 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. (2342 Views)

Wife Pranks Husband She Is Going Out In Skimpy, Curves Revealing Outfit / Did You Ever Stole When You Were Little? Lie Make God Mark Your Register. / Nigerian Boy Pranks His Parents With A Fake Snake(Hilarious Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Missionaire: 10:05pm On Sep 21, 2021
This evening, I was with some of my friends and we were just reminiscing about what we did when we were Little. Gradually, the conversation moved to what we did to animals when we were Little. I was about 8 or 9 then although some of my friends were about 11 or 12 years then.
I will share the ones I can remember.

1. Due to how rats would disturb us at home, whenever we caught one alive, we would either tie it or cage it and wait for NEPA light, connect wires and use them to shock the rats. Sometimes we will release them after torturing them because we believed that they will go and "tell" their brethren their experiences which would deter them from coming around.
2. We usually do go lizard hunting in the village. With catapults we would use them for target practice. Especially firing them when they are on the walls of fences and tree trunks. If we caught any alive, we would cut off it's tail and let it go. We started having tailless lizards around the compound.
3. Goats especially billy goats (the male ones) usually come around to create havoc. After chasing them away over and over again, we began to shave them. If we caught any billy goat, we would use scissors to cut it's beards abi goatee. We had a special scissors for this.

These are some of the pranks I can remember.
I believe many of us have similar experiences to share. Please let's share them.

Warning: This does not in anyway support animal cruelty. We did these things when we were quite little. Those of us who grew up in the village, the "ghetto" and the barracks whether Military or Paramilitary will possibly have similar experiences like this. Pests and animals really disturbed us when we were growing up in the barracks.
Animal Rights Advocates, please this is not a thread to masturbate on.

Lala please move this to the permanent site. I don't know his full moniker, someone should please mention the relevant mods to move this to the front page.

RoyalRoy, Lalasticlala please move this to front page.

2 Likes

Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Ogamysamo: 11:52pm On Sep 21, 2021
my own pranks is based on stubborn insects. but i don't kill them o cos i believe any insect no matter how harmful---is not worthy to be killed if it didn't harm me. if im try me omo no forgivemess 4 dat o. but sometime i de forgive them sha.

hello house my own pranks is mainly on little but no-go-hear-word insect(no go include mosquito o) especially ant and scorpion.

if i see any scorpion i go catch am commot that place wey the tail take end and let it go cause i no say e no go harm anybody again

and if na ant i c, since i no know where or how im tail take end, i go just commot the head so that im no go fit harm another person again 4 its life. cos i no go like kill am since im no do me anything!

i never try for them?
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by illicit(m): 6:36am On Sep 22, 2021
undecided
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Missionaire: 10:54am On Sep 22, 2021
Ogamysamo:
my own pranks is based on stubborn insects. but i don't kill them o cos i believe any insect no matter how harmful---is not worthy to be killed if it didn't harm me. if im try me omo no forgivemess 4 dat o. but sometime i de forgive them sha.

hello house my own pranks is mainly on little but no-go-hear-word insect(no go include mosquito o) especially ant and scorpion.

if i see any scorpion i go catch am commot that place wey the tail take end and let it go cause i no say e no go harm anybody again

and if na ant i c, since i no know where or how im tail take end, i go just commot the head so that im no go fit harm another person again 4 its life. cos i no go like kill am since im no do me anything!

i never try for them?

Lol... Funny you.
If na goat nko? You go break the leg?
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Ogamysamo: 11:01am On Sep 22, 2021
Missionaire:

Lol... Funny you.
If na goat nko? You go break the leg?
i don't have time for goats, they have too many children dealing with them so i went for the ones no body care to treat up when they mess up
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by mfm04622: 11:38am On Sep 22, 2021
Ogamysamo:

i never try for them?

Better you kill the scorpion outright than subject it to death by starvation.
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Ogamysamo: 11:52am On Sep 22, 2021
mfm04622:

Better you kill the scorpion outright than subject it to death by starvation.
so na harming people be im problem?
if so na starve e go starve cos i no de kill scorpion just catch dem and disarm them dat's all even till now
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Klass99(f): 12:14pm On Sep 22, 2021
smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Semilorecutie(f): 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2021
One idiot for our area was using syringe to transplant blood from one goat to another, sometimes from goat to fowl anytime the animals enter their compound to eat anything.. animals started dying and d guy is now mentally unstable.
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Missionaire: 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2021
Ogamysamo:
i don't have time for goats, they have too many children dealing with them so i went for the ones no body care to treat up when they mess up

Lol... Just like when after rain fall and large earth worms would come out, we would use salt to surround them so they would have no way to pass through.
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Missionaire: 12:37pm On Sep 22, 2021
Klass99:
Is it just me or does anyone else find this thread and the narratives, to be in really bad taste?

These are not amusing pranks but rather cruelty to animals. As a child it never crossed my mind to torture animals or amuse myself by making them miserable either.

Irrespective of the caveat about animal rights activists and OP's claims that he doesn't support animal cruelty, this is just sick and twisted. I am not an activist for any cause but it takes a truly decent soul (young or old) to know that certain things are not right because they don't feel good on the inside.

Discovery ID aired a documentary on a serial child killer, who first started out by torturing animals like rabbits, then he proceeded to killing them and when that was no longer enough he proceeded to young children.

Like I said it's sick and twisted. And please Lalastica apply discretion to the kind of threads you push to front page, people create threads with little to no educational value and start shouting your name upandan, as if you exist to do their bidding - you don't.

Environment where a child grows up matters. Also, the gender.
This is true because a boy is more prone to rough plays than a girl child. Growing up, most young boys played rough plays which included climbing trees, wrestling, fireworks etc, while the girls were more occupied with plaiting hairs, stealing food ingredients from their kitchens to cook all those food they cook with tomatoes paste empty tins.
Also, many of these young boys who grow up in barracks, ghettos, and other low brow areas have the tendency to play these type of pranks compared to a boy who grew up in nice neighborhoods were they rarely play street plays and can afford Sega, PS2 and other games those days.
So, it is not about whether a child is decent or not, it is most times about the environment a child grows in and the gender of that child.
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Missionaire: 12:39pm On Sep 22, 2021
Semilorecutie:
One idiot for our area was using syringe to transplant blood from one goat to another, sometimes from goat to fowl anytime the animals enter their compound to eat anything.. animals started dying and d guy is now mentally unstable.

Was it because of what he did?
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Sonnobax15(m): 1:31pm On Sep 22, 2021
grin
Some of my friends killed a rat,peeled off a portion of it's tail and brought it to us as rabbits....Na so we begin donate pots, firewoods and other ingredients....We had to cook pepper soup with it angry. Now the painful part was that the idiots that did the Rubbish didn't eat from it....Na after we don settle down eat am finish,na then dem begin laugh,cor open up say na bush rat we eat undecided. Thw something pain me ennn undecided
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Missionaire: 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin
Some of my friends killed a rat,peeled off a portion of it's tail and brought it to us as rabbits....Na so we begin donate pots, firewoods and other ingredients....We had to cook pepper soup with it angry. Now the painful part was that the idiots that did the Rubbish didn't eat from it....Na after we don settle eat am finish,na then dem begin laugh,cor open up say na bush rat we eat undecided. Thw something pain me ennn undecided

Lol... And the time he said he wouldn't eat it, una go just dey thank God say the ration no go shorten.
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Semilorecutie(f): 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2021
Missionaire:

I think so because people were saying the god of animals caught up with him.
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Ogamysamo: 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2021
Missionaire:

Lol... Just like when after rain fall and large earth worms would come out, we would use salt to surround them so they would have no way to pass through.
your own betta. me na to put salt for im head and tail con de watch how im go take survive. na only big animals i no de joke with because during those days i de fear them
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Missionaire: 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2021
Semilorecutie:
I think so because people were saying the god of animals caught up with him.

Lol...god of animals kwa. Maybe he go touch somebody goat and the person decided to touch him too.
If na so, all of us for don ment since na... If you've ever lived where goats are rampant, you would testify to how stubborn they are.
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Missionaire: 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2021
Ogamysamo:
your own betta. me na to put salt for im head and tail con de watch how im go take survive. na only big animals i no de joke with because during those days i de fear them

Sometimes we did that also... E go twist and turn and then divide into small pieces.
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by mfm04622: 2:35pm On Sep 22, 2021
Missionaire:

That kind of cruelty is usually a sign of mental health challenge in the first place

2 Likes

Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Missionaire: 2:43pm On Sep 22, 2021
mfm04622:

That kind of cruelty is usually a sign of mental health challenge in the first place

Well, his was extreme though. Especially considering that people will consume the goat. It can have adverse effects both on the goat and the people who would consume it.
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Telegram234(m): 3:25pm On Sep 22, 2021
Gone are those days jor! cheesy
I will catch small rat or lizard, and put inside a plastic bottle can, Omo ball don start.. cheesy
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Missionaire: 6:05pm On Sep 22, 2021
Telegram234:
Gone are those days jor! cheesy
I will catch small rat or lizard, and put inside a plastic bottle can, Omo ball don start.. cheesy

Lol.. The result is similar to what you would get when you catch a fowl, hold it by it's legs and swing it over and over again and then let it lose... It would become dizzy.
Taking about rats, we would burn weed inside transparent container.. And then throw the rat in to inhale it wella for like a minute or two and then bring it out... Those days sha.
Our motto was: If e dey worry you, worry am.
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Janetjim1: 10:47pm On Sep 22, 2021
Omo!
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by ImaIma1(f): 11:25pm On Sep 22, 2021
In my own case, the animal was the one that played a prank on me.

I was having home lesson at the backyard and needed to go pee. We had turkeys then. This turkey kept following me. I started running and it started running too and chasing me. I entered the house and peed. When I opened the door to go back for my lesson, the turkey was waiting for me at the door to continue the chase.

Till this day, I fear turkeys.
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by cococandy(f): 11:37pm On Sep 22, 2021
Yes it is in bad taste.
You’re not alone

Klass99:
Is it just me or does anyone else find this thread and the narratives, to be in really bad taste?

These are not amusing pranks but rather cruelty to animals. As a child it never crossed my mind to torture animals or amuse myself by making them miserable either.

Irrespective of the caveat about animal rights activists and OP's claims that he doesn't support animal cruelty, this is just sick and twisted. I am not an activist for any cause but it takes a truly decent soul (young or old) to know that certain things are not right because they don't feel good on the inside.

Discovery ID aired a documentary on a serial child killer, who first started out by torturing animals like rabbits, then he proceeded to killing them and when that was no longer enough he proceeded to young children.

Like I said it's sick and twisted. And please Lalastica apply discretion to the kind of threads you push to front page, people create threads with little to no educational value and start shouting your name upandan, as if you exist to do their bidding - you don't.

1 Like

Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by mariahAngel(f): 12:05am On Sep 23, 2021
Missionaire:
This evening, I was with some of my friends and we were just reminiscing about what we did when we were Little. Gradually, the conversation moved to what we did to animals when we were Little.
I will share the ones I can remember.

1. Due to how rats would disturb us at home, whenever we caught one alive, we would either tie it or cage it and put on small tiger generator, connect wires and use them to torture the rats. Sometimes we will release them after torturing them because we believed that they will go and "tell" their brethren their experiences which would deter them from coming around.
2. We usually do go lizard hunting. With catapults we would use them for target practice. Especially firing them when they are on the walls of fences and tree trunks. If we caught any alive, we would inject it with urine using syringes. It's stomach would swell up and then we would let it go.
3. Goats especially billy goats (the male ones) usually come around to create havoc. After chasing them away over and over again, we began to shave them. If we caught any billy goat, we would use scissors to shave it's beards abi goatee. Sometimes, we would barb it molo... We had a special clipper and scissors for this.

These are some of the pranks I can remember.
I believe many of us have similar experiences to share. Please let's share them.

Warning: This does not in anyway support animal cruelty. We did these things when we were quite little. Those of us who grew up in the barracks whether Military or Paramilitary will possibly have similar experiences like this. Pests and animals really disturbed us when we were growing up in the barracks.
Animal Rights Advocates, please this is not a thread to masturbate on.

Lala please move this to the permanent site. I don't know his full moniker, someone should please mention the relevant mods to move this to the front page.

RoyalRoy, Lalasticlala please move this to front page.

It is quite excusable that you did all these as a child and probably did not know any better ( as children, especially boys, can be quite mischievous)
Now that you've grown, those cringe worthy memories should make you feel remorseful, rather than creating a thread about it, and even asking for it to be pushed to the front-page.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Klass99(f): 7:20am On Sep 23, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Missionaire: 7:44am On Sep 23, 2021
mariahAngel:

It is quite excusable that you did all these as a child and probably did not know any better ( as children, especially boys, can be quite mischievous)
Now that you've grown, those cringe worthy memories should make you feel remorseful, rather than creating a thread about it, and even asking for it to be pushed to the front-page.
Remorseful about dealing with pests?
Pests o, not even pets?
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Missionaire: 7:47am On Sep 23, 2021
ImaIma1:
In my own case, the animal was the one that played a prank on me.

I was having home lesson at the backyard and needed to go pee. We had turkeys then. This turkey kept following me. I started running and it started running too and chasing me. I entered the house and peed. When I opened the door to go back for my lesson, the turkey was waiting for me at the door to continue the chase.

Till this day, I fear turkeys.
Lol, mine was ducks.
Had one that chased me....never knew they could fly till that day.
Dogs too.... One bit me horribly on my buttocks... Chai... I'll never forget.
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by ImaIma1(f): 10:05am On Sep 23, 2021
Missionaire:

Lol, mine was ducks.
Had one that chased me....never knew they could fly till that day.
Dogs too.... One bit me horribly on my buttocks... Chai... I'll never forget.

wink

I hope the mark is still there.
Re: Animal Pranks: Share Your Pranks On Animals When You Were Little. by Missionaire: 11:00am On Sep 23, 2021
ImaIma1:

wink

I hope the mark is still there.

Ah! Why na?
That day wasn't funny... 2011, P.H.
Tore through my boxers... Mehn... It did things and things to me.

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Husband Has A Child Elsewhere / (pics) A Case Of Child Abuse. Concerned Agencies Should Help / My Husband Urinated While Sleeping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.