Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,760 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:15 AM

How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing (26027 Views)

Understanding The Concept of Tithing / Photo:Few Igbos Become Muslims When They Want To Reap from Yoruba/Hausa-Fulani / Are Christians Held Accountable, What Does It Mean To Reap What You Sow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by KunleOshob(m): 5:35pm On May 29, 2011
@Tonye
Evidently your ever learning but due to you imbecilic brain you are incapable of coming to the knowledge of truth. Several people on this forum have explained matthew 23:23 to you within the context of which it was stated as in it was clearly under the law which is not relevant to christianity. Three years down the line you have proven yourself to be the biggest fool in Nigeria for not being able to comprehend this simple truth a primary one pupil would grab very easily. And due to your eternal foolishness you rather remain under the yoke of a foolish doctrine like tithes rather than face up to reality and admit you have been defrauded on this tithing scam.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 6:00pm On May 29, 2011
KunleOshob:

@Tonye
Evidently your ever learning but due to you imbecilic brain you are incapable of coming to the knowledge of truth. Several people on this forum have explained matthew 23:23 to you within the context of which it was stated as in it was clearly under the law which is not relevant to christianity. Three years down the line you have proven yourself to be the biggest fool in Nigeria for not being able to comprehend this simple truth a primary one pupil would grab very easily. And due to your eternal foolishness you rather remain under the yoke of a foolish doctrine like tithes rather than face up to reality and admit you have been defrauded on this tithing scam.

Firstly let me fulfil my word; YOU ARE THE BIGGEST FOOL TO HAVE TREAD NAIRALAND!  grin grin grin grin

Now to answer your foolish response:

Hmm now I see, so simply because Jesus made that comment before his death means that it should be treated as the law and not the gospel.

Oh yeah! Okay so maybe I should also conclude that firstly all the things Jesus said and did before his death should be treated as the law thus deemed as irrelevant?

Hmm now I get what you’re saying, maybe such words as “blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy”, words like “I am the way, the truth and the life. . .” should be treated as the law, ok, including words such as “If you have seen me you have seen the father” should be deemed as irrelevant since he spake them before his death.

Kunle, four words describe you and they are: YOU ARE A FOOL! *the length at which the hypocrites will go to defend their evils and lies on innocent gullibles on nairaland goes to show that Hell must be real, its the best place to abode them* cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 6:17pm On May 29, 2011
wetu:

Let's study Malachi  smiley

God addresses Israel:

Mal 1:1  The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi.

And then the priests:

Mal 2:1  And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.

Who is addressed here? Israel or the priests?

Mal 3:10  Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

It's obviously the priests who should bring ALL the tithes into the storehouse. But if you have doubts:

Neh 10:38  And the priest the son of Aaron shall be with the Levites, when the Levites take tithes: and the Levites shall bring up the tithe of the tithes unto the house of our God, to the chambers, into the treasure house.

[size=18pt]The thieves who were robbing God were the priests who were not bringing all the tithes into the storehouse so that they may be meat for whom?[/size]

Mal 3:5  And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

Tahhhhhhh hold it there, You've lied! grin grin grin grin It was never only the priests but the whole nation.

Read this:

(NLT) Malachi 3:8: "Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me! "But you ask, 'What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?' "You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me.

(NLT) Malachi 3:9: You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me.

. . .and to see Petre007 agreeing to that fallasy makes me weep for Christianity.  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 6:47pm On May 29, 2011
Tonye-t:

Tahhhhhhh hold it there, You've lied! grin grin grin grin It was never only the priests but the whole nation.

Read this:

(NLT) Malachi 3:8: "Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me! "But you ask, 'What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?' "You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me.

(NLT) Malachi 3:9: You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me.

. . .and to see Petre007 agreeing to that fallasy makes me weep for Christianity.  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Strong point .
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 7:15pm On May 29, 2011
Just where is KunleOshob?, me was thinking I and him alone could make some lengthy discourse before his fellow agents come onboard *I prefer attacking the shepherd not his foolish bandwagon grin grin grin grin.

well sha, He is always lacking of self-courage undecided. *goes to tell me how the devil fled when the truth was told him in the wilderness*  grin grin grin
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 29, 2011
Kunle, four words describe you and they are: YOU ARE A FOOL! *the length at which the hypocrites will go to defend their evils and lies on innocent gullibles on nairaland goes to show that Hell must be real, its the best place to abode them*   cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

And you follow Christ ?  undecided undecided undecided

First of all you are propagating false doctrine and when challenged you resort to calling a fellow man a fool ?

"But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell." - Matthew 5 :22
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 7:35pm On May 29, 2011
^^^ Frosbel,

when you see a black man, how do you describe him? Black isnt it?

when you see a tall man, just how do you describe him? Tall isnt it?

Now when you see a foolish man, just how best should you describe him?

pls tell me?! undecided undecided undecided

Maybe my saviour should be in danger of hell when he called the likes of KunleOshob fools too or maybe you should take the time to understand the word "Raca" better. undecided tongue

Matt.23:17 - Jesus said Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 7:46pm On May 29, 2011
Tonye-t:

Matt 23:23 - Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, [size=16pt]hypocrites![/size] for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. KJV

What is that "the other" that should not be left "undone"? pls tell everyone here!

You know Tonye, i am one of the very few that believed Jesus was also talking to you grin dont mind those haters jare grin this verse is not for scribes and pharisees alone grin carry go with the tithe payment jare grin
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 8:02pm On May 29, 2011
Tonye-t:

And to add, the original tithe as practised by Abraham our father, was that He gave as a token of appreciation , not as a seed for returns. [size=14pt]That my friend is the true order of tithing. Anything contrary to that is a scam. quote me![/size]

simple!

Make some sense here, but tithing is still not a christian requirement. you should be talking to Jo, your brother in tithe grin he believes otherwise angry
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 29, 2011
ogoamaka99:

I don't like replying to some of the issues some raise in some of the thread because they do not make sense as to warrant a reply.Moreover my motivating factor in all my postings is not to argue with the sons of belial and sons of perdition in this forum, but to provide raw truth for the greater majority that visit the forum. My happiness is not on what the enemies of truth do say or post as reply but on the NUMBER of people who view the thread. There are many who visit the forum without replying to any of the thread. Some are members and some are not.
It is unfortunate that moderators of this forum has allowed the forum to degenerate into all comers affairs, a forum that ought and meant to be for discussions, but few have turned it into an arena of character assassinations and abuse. I still wonder if this information still hold-"This forum is moderated, so please read the rules before posting".

Sons of Belial and Perdition isn't character assassination? Couldn't you pass your message without calling people names? If you're looking for matured discussions, avoid nAIRaland. hmmm,  the number of ***** here is amazing,   grin

Tonye-t:

^^^ Frosbel,

when you see a black man, how do you describe him? Black isnt it?

when you see a tall man, just how do you describe him? Tall isnt it?

Now when you see a foolish man, just how best should you describe him?

pls tell me?! undecided undecided undecided

Maybe my saviour should be in danger of hell when he called the likes of KunleOshob fools too or maybe you should take the time to understand the word "Raca" better.  undecided tongue

Matt.23:17 - Jesus said Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?

I have a standard for those I decide to discuss with on nairaland. Unfortunately, to save a poor soul somewhere, I may have to reduce it a bit.

The verse you quoted was beautifully misinterpreted by you. Let's take a look at the chapter.

Matt. 23
Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples,  “The teachers of religious law and the Pharisees are the official interpreters of the law of Moses.[a] 3 So practice and obey whatever they tell you, but don’t follow their example. For they don’t practice what they teach. 4 They crush people with unbearable religious demands and never lift a finger to ease the burden.

Notice how one can misinterpret this verse to mean it talks about your so called 'tithes'. I'm not saying so, though.

5 “Everything they do is for show. On their arms they wear extra wide prayer boxes with Scripture verses inside, and they wear robes with extra long tassels. 6 And they love to sit at the head table at banquets and in the seats of honor in the synagogues. 7 They love to receive respectful greetings as they walk in the marketplaces, and to be called ‘Rabbi.’[c]
8 [b]“Don’t let anyone call you ‘Rabbi,’ for you have only one teacher, and all of you are equal as brothers and sisters.[d] 9 And don’t address anyone here on earth as ‘Father,’ for only God in heaven is your spiritual Father. 10 And don’t let anyone call you ‘Teacher,’ for you have only one teacher, the Messiah.

Jesus makes clear here that there's in 'seniority' in the kingdom of God, among his true children. There'll always be respect, but when that respect begins to turn to worship, one has to watch it.

Your defence of tithes lacks any coherent argument, you'd rather pick up verses randomly from the Scriptures.

Now, onto the verse you so skillfully misinterpreted

11 The greatest among you must be a servant. 12 But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.
13 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you shut the door of the Kingdom of Heaven in people’s faces. You won’t go in yourselves, and you don’t let others enter either.[e]
15 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you cross land and sea to make one convert, and then you turn that person into twice the child of hell[f] you yourselves are!
“Blind guides! What sorrow awaits you! For you say that it means nothing to swear ‘by God’s Temple,’ but that it is binding to swear ‘by the gold in the Temple.’ 17 Blind fools! Which is more important—the gold or the Temple that makes the gold sacred? 18 And you say that to swear ‘by the altar’ is not binding, but to swear ‘by the gifts on the altar’ is binding.19 How blind! For which is more important—the gift on the altar or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20 When you swear ‘by the altar,’ you are swearing by it and by everything on it.

Need I say more?
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 8:21pm On May 29, 2011
Tonye-t:

Hmm now I see, so simply because Jesus made that comment before his death means that it should be treated as the law and not the gospel.

You know better Tonye smiley You know it goes beyond timing, you know the reference was the levitical tithe, you know the Jews dont pay the one-off Abrahamic tithe to Melchizedek smiley I honestly think you should give up on this tithing matter. You only make make sense to money loving pastors (thats because your posts tend to support their scam) and those members of congregation that can be categorized as 'brain dead' smiley
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Azibalua(f): 8:30pm On May 29, 2011
Tithing existed far before the law,so did worship,and prayers these are based on principles and had nothing to do with the law,and so when the law was abolished these still existed.
anybody that thinks tithing did not exist before the law prove it or forever shut up.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 29, 2011
^^^

lol, grin, a blanket statement with no biblical verse to backup your claims.

Wow, some people will forever follow their pastors and ignore the bible.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Azibalua(f): 9:57pm On May 29, 2011
Proof please
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by ogajim(m): 1:25am On May 30, 2011
Tonye-tithe, ekabo, ekun toju awon omo ati iyawo,

I don't know that anyone of the good folks that don't see tithe as a Christian requirement CONDEMNED(way above their jurisdiction anyway) anyone who wants to give 10% of his gross to some "MOG"/Church or what have you. The point I have seen them make is that it is not a CHRISTIAN REQUIREMENT, fine if you want to do it but it doesn't give you any extra "cheeses"/points.

The Bible tells us that God won't even tell us if he were hungry, the earth is his foot stool, do you compete with your dog for the crumbs that drop on the floor(I certainly hope not)? Honor and adoration is what God needs from his children not money, "alter calls", seed sowing, building funds, the list goes on and on.

Cursing or name calling is not a Christian value, God is not a Nigerian judge/policeman that will be bribed with 10% to forgive our sins, There are also many ways one can give towards God's work aside from money, flee from those "straight cash homie" ministries people.

Holiness(without which no one can see God) should be our GOAL.

Shalom!
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by wetu: 2:05am On May 30, 2011
It's not surprising that the tithing crusaders are quick to resort to name-calling:

Mat 12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

They also have a habit of editing their posts after their points have been countered, especially Joagbaje. I consider that lying.
I've also observed other tithers who borrow and not repay.
I've also observed other tithing crooks:

THE Voice of God Fellowship has disassociated itself from the Avid-SSC investment scandal.The High Court inquiry into the missing N$30 million heard that some members of the Voice of God Fellowship obtained huge loans from Namangol's Chief Executive Officer, Nico Josea.
The senior pastor of the Fellowship, David Smith, said the news of
the missing N$30 million and the involvement of one of his church
members had come as a shock to him.
Speaking to the media after his sermon on Sunday, Smith said the
congregation had not known anything about the case before the High
Court inquiry.

Nico Josea has been a member of the fellowship since 1996 and
his brother, Benedictus Josea, who also testified in the High Court
inquiry, is the church's treasurer.
[url]http://www.namibian.com.na/index.php?id=28&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=12503&no_cache=1[/url]

Tithing doesn't increase the fruits of righteousness, giving from the heart does (2 Corinthians 9)
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by dare2think: 2:40am On May 30, 2011
@ wetu

I agree with your last statement.  Alot of people don't pay tithe around the world yet they are richer than religious people.
How many tithe did dangote pay to the church?
Yet he is richer than any other black man in the world.
How much tithe did the wealthy Arabs in the middle east pay to the church?

Wealthy atheist?
Wealthy Sikh?
Wealthy pagans?
Wealthy Muslims?

SOme of these people got wealthy without stepping into a church talkless of
paying tithes, yet they are tremendously rich.

What then is the purpose of paying tithes or sowing seeds in order to prosper when "un-believers" get rich without doing it?

Simple logic.

But fraudsters would feed on the[b] ignorance [/b] of others and misqoute the text of the bible to say otherwise.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Azibalua(f): 6:59am On May 30, 2011
If no one can profer the proof,then please be silent
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by KunleOshob(m): 7:23am On May 30, 2011
In as much as I'd like to refrain from arguing with lunatics cos people might not know the difference, even a cursory look at the Matthew 23:23 that criminal was referring to states clearly that the tithes the pharisees gave was according to the law of which no christian is bound by.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Azibalua(f): 7:26am On May 30, 2011
Proof please baba
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by KunleOshob(m): 7:35am On May 30, 2011
^^^
Proof of what? Go and read matthew 23:23 the proof that Jesus was talking about tithing under the law is in that verse itself.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by free123: 8:45am On May 30, 2011
if all are royal priests and Christ our high priest, who will pay tithes to who?
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Joagbaje(m): 9:00am On May 30, 2011
^^^
We pay it to God. Through christ. If we tow your line of arguement ,then we don't even need to pray again.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Nobody: 9:08am On May 30, 2011
^^^

Okay so let us assume the tithe is right, you are sinning by not using the tithe to buy wine and strong drink, and also you are supposed to eat part of the tithe. So if you want to practise tithing, then do not leave out parts of the tithe law, do it all.

Hypocrites!!!!!

Thou shalt truly TITHE all the increase OF THY SEED, that the FIELD bringeth forth year by year. And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, IN THE PLACE which he shall CHOOSE to place HIS NAME THERE, the tithe of thy CORN [raw grain], of thy WINE [fresh grapes], and of thine OIL [ripe olives], and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always. And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be TOO FAR from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee: Then shalt thou TURN IT INTO MONEY, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt GO unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose: And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul LUSTETH after, for oxen, or for sheep, or FOR WINE, or FOR STRONG DRINK, or for whatsoever thy soul DESIRETH: and thou shalt EAT THERE before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household . . . -- Deut. 14:22-26

The fact that despite all the words of scripture quoted you are still stuck in your false doctrine shows that the word of God is not your standard.

People like you pick and choose from the bible to fulfil your own agenda, but remember God is not mocked. There is a price to pay for deception.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by KunleOshob(m): 10:05am On May 30, 2011
@frosbel
I have been raising the issue you raised above for the past four years on nairaland and none of the pro-tithing victims or fraudsters has been able to address the issue. If you must tithe then it must be done according to biblical standards as defined in deuteronomy 14 and NOT the fraudulent man made version being peddled in our churches today.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 10:11am On May 30, 2011
Joagbaje:

^^^
We pay it to God. Through christ. If we tow your line of arguement ,then we don't even need to pray again.

I dont understand. When its time for prayers we pray to God direct as we stand in Christ stead. Jesus no get hand for that one. Now we must pay tithe to God through Christ. Oga Jo, you like to interprete scriptures for pastoral benefits angry

BTW, if we pay through Christ, what is the pastor's role in this process is he the one to take it to Christ for onward delivery to the Almighty
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Enigma(m): 10:33am On May 30, 2011
Joagbaje:

^^^

Do you now accept that Christians should pray through Christ?

Remember you previously argued, in agreement with Oyakhilome, that Christians should not pray through Christ!

Or, it is only "tithes" that Christians can do "through" Christ?

EDIT For reference, here is the link to where you and Oyakhilome said (and you argued vigorously) that Christians should not pray through Christ:  https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-655784.0.html and in particular remember this post https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-655784.32.html#msg8232913
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 10:54am On May 30, 2011
Zikkyy,

what is definition of Hypocrite? -

hyp·o·crite
   [hip-uh-krit]

–noun
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

The definition best describes your likes, Kunle(the chief-liar), frosbel-d-hypocrite, petres007(the brainwashed trailer), Ogajim the napkin ranter.

One more thing, please explain to everyone here what you understand by this passage and may the Lord we serve judge you by your words in Jesus name, Amen!  grin grin grin grin

Oya pls explain this verse of the bible, or better still let anyone of the anti-tithers explain this passage for everyone to understand *just know that God's judgement will befall whomever removes anything from God's word*

Here is the passage:
Mtt. 23:23 - You people make me wonder why you adhere strictly to every detail in giving your tithes, but i tell you from henceforth put more emphasis on justice, show mercy to one another and faith towards your God and then give your tithes too.
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by wetu: 11:01am On May 30, 2011

Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted [size=14pt]the weightier matters of the law[/size], judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Heb 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people [size=14pt]according to the law[/size], that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

The law is not for us:

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

The law is for these people. Are you one of them?

1Ti 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1Ti 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by Tonyet1(m): 11:06am On May 30, 2011
@wetu,

#1: you owe everyone a big apology for telling a VERY BIG LIE. If you dont DO that, then you are a PROUD FOOL!

Your comments are so full of pooo, just at what point did tithing began in the bible? pls tell everyone.!
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by free123: 11:10am On May 30, 2011
NIV Bible is just a wrong version. beware, contradictions abound therein
Re: How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing by dare2think: 11:20am On May 30, 2011
@ tonye t

I love your belligerent attitude, your Christian mannarism is worthy of emulation.

Jesus must be very proud.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Apostle Suleman Dancing At A Programme In Vienna, Austria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.