Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,182 members, 7,860,243 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:17 AM

Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong (19242 Views)

Naira Is Still Strong, An Average Nigerian Can Feed With N500 — CIBN Ex-presiden / Average Nigerian Can Feed With N500, Naira Still Strong –CIBN Ex-president / Segun Ajibola And His Harakirius Pekelemes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by EmperorTolson: 4:59am On Sep 23, 2021
Yes, that's what his family have been feeding on.

1 Like

Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by ostartruth: 5:04am On Sep 23, 2021
this one don come home dey eye appointment.
See his face like Nigeria Economy
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by FRANKOSKI(m): 5:05am On Sep 23, 2021
HOW MANY GRADUATES EARN UP TO 45K MONTHLY ?

1 Like

Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by FRANKOSKI(m): 5:06am On Sep 23, 2021
DID THIS GUY KNOW THAT A PLATE OF FOOD IS 500 NAIRA angry
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by NoFucksToGive: 5:06am On Sep 23, 2021
Upworkwriter007:
Our intellectuals are soo disconnected from reality. If naira is strong because people can eat with 500 naira. What of the 27.4 million Nigerians that earn less than 100,000 per annum? It means this category of people can only spend there money on food and will only eat once every two days....You see, even the local value of naira is very week. If the president of Charters Institute of Bankers can talk like this, then we get big problem.

They are not disconnected they are insincere and lack integrity. This is common amongst southwest intellectuals. They lie with fake stats. It's in everything they do . They create fake stats and back it up with nothing but bravado

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by redcliff: 5:11am On Sep 23, 2021
even me wey no be average nigerian, there was a time, even when the economy was good under GEJ, I could not feed with 500naira. I no even see the 500 naira talkless of this visionless clueless buhari time
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by CocoaOla: 5:13am On Sep 23, 2021
Deceitful clowns

Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by nick50(m): 5:13am On Sep 23, 2021
Mtcheewww ..this sophisticated slowpoke from d land of d fallen demons trying to form wat he is not
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by zedegit: 5:15am On Sep 23, 2021
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/forex-average-nigerian-can-feed-with-n500-naira-still-strong-cibn-ex-president/

Sometimes I wonder the intellectual capacity of our leaders.

Minimum wage is #30 000
Which government is still fighting about

Now an average human being eats 3 times in a day

3 × #500 = #1500 daily on feeding

#1500 × 30 days = #45 000 in a month

We haven't considered shelter/housing, clothing, other necessities, plus children

Tueh

1 Like

Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by taofeeq137(m): 5:15am On Sep 23, 2021
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by Bluntemperor: 5:24am On Sep 23, 2021
illicit:
500 naira food for buka no belleful again o lol

I don't know what the man is talking about.
Assuming you have four or three kids,can you still buy with same foods stuff with the rising prices in the market compared to 2014 now.
The Naira is getting weaker and as elites,he should stop being economical with the truth!

1 Like

Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by ehinmowo: 5:28am On Sep 23, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Seems most people commenting did not read to understand that he is giving the true reality on ground and giving an intellectual angle for this unusual scenario. For example, few days ago, a Nairalander bought eggs, plantain, carrots, vegetables etc yet he spent barely N1000 or less than N1000,
https://www.nairaland.com/6755350/see-foodstuffs-bought-950-naira
that same quantity of food in US cost way more than $1.50 so it means locally the purchasing power of the naira is still strong .

The man just raised an intellectual poser and it is the reality that require more research.

My guess is that the intervention by CBN in agriculture really helped and the pressure on the naira could be because of speculators, cryptocurrency and rationing of forex by CBN.

I appreciate Punch for dropping their bigotry and hatred against PMB and for being honest enough to report such a fresh perspective on the forex and naira value issue.

What exactly are you saying oga? 80% of Nigerian states are struggling to pay 30k minimum way. 20m people lost their jobs during COVID-19 (UNDP/NBS). Those who has job are underpaid. You are their talking about having a meal of 500.

When falling currency value meets skyrocketing inflation, poverty, shrinking national income, what do you get? Person give very useless and narrow analysis u dey support am. Do you know what it's takes for an average Nigerian to make 2k daily now? By statistics over 40% are not able to make $1 or 500 Naira a day. Even if they want to use all their income on food, they wouldn't be able to eat more than once a day. Person go put yeye tie for neck dey analyse nonsense

7 Likes

Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by luizpippo(m): 5:30am On Sep 23, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Seems most people commenting did not read to understand that he is giving the true reality on ground and giving an intellectual angle for this unusual scenario. For example, few days ago, a Nairalander bought eggs, plantain, carrots, vegetables etc yet he spent barely N1000 or less than N1000,
that same quantity of food in US cost way more than $1.50 so it means locally the purchasing power of the naira is still strong .

The man just raised an intellectual poser and it is the reality that require more research.

My guess is that the intervention by CBN in agriculture really helped and the pressure on the naira could be because of speculators, cryptocurrency and rationing of forex by CBN.

I appreciate Punch for dropping their bigotry and hatred against PMB and for being honest enough to report such a fresh perspective on the forex and naira value issue.

I want to believe the aspect of CBN's intervention was a joke because before their fallacious intervention pre-mannequin, those things that nigga bought was way lesser in price....

An agricultural revolution inspired by CBN intervention that makes things 3times more expensive is a failed one.
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by toluscott2000(m): 5:30am On Sep 23, 2021
Is either looking for political post or i pray make this man too dey collect ₦40000 as salary.he won't say that rubbish again
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by Aroyjunior(m): 5:32am On Sep 23, 2021
The idiot that wrote this,does he feed with 500naira,when last had he eaten a 500naira food.when a plate of garri and draw soup is 500naira minus table water.one idiot from the comfort of his home is speaking for an average Nigerian.thunder smite you.
You fit think say he dhan better for you,las las he no go better for you.oloriburuku.
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by Gaddafih001(m): 5:32am On Sep 23, 2021
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by sowilli: 5:42am On Sep 23, 2021
How many persons earn 500 in a day? Most live on less than same 500 daily. Which means they cant have additional money to invest, save or buy properties thus the level of poverty keeps increasing. The only thingbwe think about in this country is how to consume...a reasom for posts as this.
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by Tremple8v: 5:46am On Sep 23, 2021
Sew face like bucow yansh.
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by zed7: 5:52am On Sep 23, 2021
I'm disappointed at this banker's reasoning. You can't buy anything reasonable with a dollar in New York? This man is a dunce. What is the average earnings of an American? And a Nigerian?
That's how you determine purchasing power. If I spend N500 to feed per meal and I earn just N5000 a month, that means I'll feed for just 10 days in a month, if I decide to eat once a day . What of my other bills? What a dummy.

2 Likes

Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by Donvinci(m): 5:55am On Sep 23, 2021
Sir what you are trying to say now is that Nigeria haS better economy than the United state or I don’t understand....Seems most people commenting did not read to understand that he is giving the true reality on ground and giving an intellectual angle for this unusual scenario. For example, few days ago, a Nairalander bought eggs, plantain, carrots, vegetables etc yet he spent barely N1000 or less than N1000,

I appreciate Punch for dropping their bigotry and hatred against PMB and for being honest enough to report such a fresh perspective on the forex and naira value issue. [/quote]
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by Doyou2019: 5:55am On Sep 23, 2021
Upworkwriter007:
Our intellectuals are soo disconnected from reality. If naira is strong because people can eat with 500 naira. What of the 27.4 million Nigerians that earn less than 100,000 per annum? It means this category of people can only spend there money on food and will only eat once every two days....You see, even the local value of naira is very week. If the president of Charters Institute of Bankers can talk like this, then we get big problem.

Paper qualifications : That's all they have. Educated illiterates.
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by JustforMen: 5:56am On Sep 23, 2021
Just help me...
Does BUHARI even have an ECONOMIC TEAM?
Because I think he is comfortable with mediocrity and nepotism that is why the economy like every other thing under his regime, is going south in a race car.

who is the minister of finance?
who is the minister for national planning?
who is the minister for national economy?
what is their competence and experience?
zilch... nada, zero!!!

they are there because they are el rufai's sister or they are Buhari's brother ... nothing more nothing less.

A hausa song says, when you dig a hole to harm somebody, dig it ankle deep because you might end up falling inside yourself.

na Buhari dat song dey address ooo because when he started reversing every useful policy and announcing dunce policies out of sheer wickedness and vandetta, 'awon 30k' gang were on Nairaland caling everybody that disagreed with buhari, a thief, a looter, pdp or non- patriotic.

when Nigeria had economic teams, CBN governor was doing his job while dem egg heads were making efforts come up with some ideas... not perfect, but you could still see effort. But now, the brain is on holiday and thinking is a unaffordable luxury.
being from a tribal group and religion trounces every other criteria.

good thing is that it rains on both the good and the evil. it is raining evil and pain and the "defenders" have turned "wailing wailers"...what a life!!!

my worry is that the clueless man with messianic complex, worshipped as a deity by my people - because he is protecting the so called political north- would have done an irreversible damage to the country before 2023.
But this is the regime of the messiah and if you disagree with them then you are either PDP, IPOB, or non-patriot, no matter how reasonable a critique you bring to the table.
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by Doyou2019: 5:57am On Sep 23, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Know this nobody is a zombie and know peace!
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by Donvinci(m): 5:57am On Sep 23, 2021
Sir what you are trying to say now is that Nigeria haS better economy than the United state or I don’t understand
FreeStuffsNG:

Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by gwinaB(m): 6:00am On Sep 23, 2021
Eating what kind of food exactly?
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by King2305: 6:00am On Sep 23, 2021
And he called himself a prof. This man no get sense. Trash as usual
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 23, 2021
Quota system prof.
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by uniquetechng: 6:10am On Sep 23, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

The man said nothing, you posted vegetables and plantain bought by a supposed nairalander for N980 but failed to realised that he still need cooking gas, seasoning and many other stuffs to prepare that food. N500 a meal translate to 45,000 a month for three meals a day for a single person and out minimum wage is 30k, so how do you expect say a family of four to survive on that ?
These guys earns millions in wages and allowances but come online to yap how the common man should survive on N500 a meal, cooking gas is now 7,500 for a 12.5kg cylinder and you think that good for nothing Prof. made sense with that myopic statement of his.

2 Likes

Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by AntiWailer: 6:11am On Sep 23, 2021
Naira is bigger than South Korea's Won.

Does that mean we are doing fine and South Korea is not doing fine. ? grin

Reading and digesting from another perspective won't Kill you.
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by BigDawsNet: 6:15am On Sep 23, 2021
Average Nigeria can feed with 500naira...Jesus Christ! That's about $1 that can get u only burger

Another nigga said... Nigerians needs to keep suffering to make the country better... whereas the nigga got some building properties in Dubai

Guys just chill

Law of karma must happen
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by bablon20(m): 6:16am On Sep 23, 2021
This man wey look like a baboon must be a fool. Can Nigerians buy something reasonable with N1 in any part of the country? Awon were, they will just appear on national TV and be spewing gibberish.
Re: Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong by Blessing185(f): 6:18am On Sep 23, 2021
See him head like 2cups of dry garri..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram, Bandits Moving To Dislodge Buhari From Aso Rock: Afenifere / Two Bomb Blasts In Borno State, Death Toll Unknown / Governor Obiano Reconstructing Zik Roundabout Onitsha (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.