Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night (38599 Views)

EFCC: Obi Cubana Did Not Take Photo With EFCC Staff (Photos) / Obi Cubana Spends Second Day With EFCC, Passport Seized / 8 Ex-governors Whose Over N500bn Corruption Cases With EFCC Have Been Buried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by jaybenugo: 9:23am On Sep 23, 2021
'25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House Last Night' - Lady Narrates Her Ordeal With EFCC (Photos)

A Nigerian journalist, Nora Okafor has narrated her ordeal with EFCC officials as 25 hefty armed men broke into her house last night, IgbereTV reports.

She wrote;

"At exactly 1:36am, I was alerted by my brother that there are armed robbers at my gate trying to make their way into the compound. Because it was an electric fence, I didn't bother enough because I felt they can't make their way in. Alas, I was wrong. 2am on the dot they made their way into the conpound.

They came prepared. Over 25 of them with two hilux buses, masked and dressed in black upon black. A huge one climbed the fence, with a plier and immediately cut off a few of the wires, jumped into the compound and with an axe, broke the gate key open and zoom they made their first entry into my apartment.

As a nude sleeper, while they tried to make their way into the compound, I found something to wear while my brothers and I were thinking of a way of escape. The worst case scenario for me is that they will rape or take the only valuable available (a car key) so I prepared my mind.

The next thing I realized was that about 7 of them were already in my room with shouts of "lie down, face down, on the light, where's your phone, where's your car key, where's this and that.. Confused me. Seeing over 25 hefty men with different kinds of guns, mhen, e don be, be that. I handed the phone to them with the key, before then, they have already taken hold of my laptop. I turned to be sure these were armed robbers, and they asked for my passwords to all the devices collected with masking tape to identify each. Still in shock, I heard someone destroying everything in the kitchen, my room, that of my brothers and all the drawers. I was still asking myself what's happening? They asked me to stand and follow them downstairs, lo and beyond, they unmasked themselves, hmmmm..are these kind criminals? I asked. All my neighbours were already going through the same pain as I.

They have already given my brothers a beating of their lives, carried my neighbour downstairs and tried unlocking all the cars in the compound. And after searching all the phones and laptops, three of their men walked in, lo and behold, it was EFCC. What? I screamed.

Shut up, was the next thing i heard and when they couldn't open my phone, they asked me to, I did and after a while I just asked, please where is your office so I can come pick up my things on my way to work, they asked me what I do and I said "journalist", asked my neighbour he said "lawyer", the other "doctor". They looked at me, handed over the phones and said" we just wasted our time".

These fools, spent over one hour molesting and destroying things in this compound. I feel so pained and embarrassed right now.
Is this how EFCC operate? How did we get here? Who is the informant? I am just confused right now. Thank God my mum isn't here..."

https://www.facebook.com/1280532192/posts/10226007905165785/?app=fbl

Below are photos from the incident she shared on her Facebook wall.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by complexBoss12: 9:27am On Sep 23, 2021
undecided

Just buy a gun and shoot down any idiot breaking into your house at night

241 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by Mokason288(m): 9:28am On Sep 23, 2021
angry
I’m glad your mom wasn’t there

I could only imagine what could have happened to the poor lady

If only they could go do the exact same thing in Tinubu’s house

Or Ganduje Gandolla’s house

140 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by jaybenugo: 9:28am On Sep 23, 2021
See

1 Share

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by jaybenugo: 9:28am On Sep 23, 2021
More

1 Share

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by donbachi(m): 9:32am On Sep 23, 2021
Efcc sef no dey try...though,i dont support such act...sorry my sister.
Even in america,e worst.atimes,wat u will mostly hear is"go go go go"boom!.dem done break in ur house.some will enter and leave without leaving a trace.
Just happy ur mum wasn't there.the story for dey bitter dis morning.
Thank GOD sey dem no throway ur pot of native soup ontop ur cooking gas.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by Mokason288(m): 9:34am On Sep 23, 2021
donbachi:
Efcc sef no dey try...though,i dont support such act...sorry my sister.
Even in america,e worst.atimes,wat u will mostly hear is"go go go go"boom!.dem done break in ur house.some will enter and leave without leaving a trace.
Just happy ur mum wasn't there.the story for dey bitter dis morning.
EFCC goes to America abi ? undecided

FBI CIA OR AMERICAN POLICE don’t t break down your door without adequate information stop lying .... have you ever been to America oga ?

302 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by complexBoss12: 9:39am On Sep 23, 2021
Criminal organization

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by Ravern: 9:40am On Sep 23, 2021
I hope this commando invasion of people house wont lead to loss of life on both sides one day. I know there are home you invade in the wee hours of the night and it will be "cracker for cracker" depending on the fastest finger.

194 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by nairavsdollars(f): 9:41am On Sep 23, 2021
What's efcc turning to these days?

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by ChiefSosa(m): 9:43am On Sep 23, 2021
These guys are literally criminals. They are wild animals. It's an offence to barge into someone's residence without a search warrant. Do they take drugs that make them act like wild animals before operation or what?
I have a feeling that some SARS officials and ex-convicts were recruited into EFCC. Why can't they display this level of savagery when going after the real criminals? What kind of danger do they think they'll envisage that'll make them act like this?
So, they just destroyed things and left like it's nothing!!!! Just imagine the Physical pain and emotional trauma that these victims must be going through! Walahi, those guys MUST pay.

LAW AND ORDER IS DEAD IN NIGERIA!

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by dawnomike(m): 9:43am On Sep 23, 2021
Lol... This is what happens when EFCC officials watch too much of Hollywood SWAT movies. Nonsense!!!

13 Likes

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by Telekinetic: 9:44am On Sep 23, 2021
jaybenugo:
'25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House Last Night' - Lady Narrates Her Ordeal With EFCC (Photos)

A Nigerian journalist, Nora Okafor has narrated her ordeal with EFCC officials as 25 hefty armed men broke into her house last night, IgbereTV reports.

She wrote;

https://www.facebook.com/1280532192/posts/10226007905165785/?app=fbl

Below are photos from the incident she shared on her Facebook wall.

Lol... Fulani EFCC flexing hard on Southerners. It will only get worse as December is fast approaching

30 Likes

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by AntiBMC(m): 10:33am On Sep 23, 2021
There's no difference between armed robbers and the police/EFCC

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by yemmight(m): 10:39am On Sep 23, 2021
You can actually sue EFCC for this.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by RZArecta(m): 10:43am On Sep 23, 2021
Mokason288:

EFCC goes to America abi ? undecided

FBI CIA OR AMERICAN POLICE doesn’t break down your door without adequate information stop lying .... have you ever been to America oga ?
it's too much action film, don't blame him.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by treesun: 10:47am On Sep 23, 2021
Another end EFCC loading....

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by Maxymilliano(m): 10:48am On Sep 23, 2021
EFCC seems to have incorporate the disbanded SARS into their system, no two ways about it.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 23, 2021
Maxymilliano:
EFCC seems to have incorporate the disbanded SARS into their system, no two ways about it.

Trust me, they will be the next to be disbanded in Nigeria. Na because dem never jam a confirmed frustrated werey wey go kill about three of them and himself join.

That is when Nigerians go start to dey hunt & kill them. Of course, there will be casualties on both sides.

When the outrage and the gore heightens, the useless Government will do the needful.

Just like the SARS, na little by little. Dem go soon reach where dem dey go. Make dem continue.

You break into my house at midnight, spoil my door, spoil my T.V & other electronic appliances.

Who go pay for the damages? For this Buhari-induced harsh economy?

I swear to Sango, I agree that I may die in the process but not without bringing at least 6 of them with me.

If them like, make them be 100 and carry Armoured Tank come, dem go know say werey pass werey.

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by orisa37: 12:29pm On Sep 23, 2021
IGP SHOULD ARREST THE 25 ARMED EFCC MURDERERS AND RAPISTS. CHARGE THEM WITH ATTEMPTED MURDER WITH INTENT TO RAPE AND KILL.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by NaMe4: 12:39pm On Sep 23, 2021
Zoharariel:

Trust me, they will be the next to be disbanded in Nigeria. Na because dem never jam a confirmed frustrated werey wey go kill about three of them and himself join.

That is when Nigerians go start to dey hunt & kill them. Of course, there will be casualties on both sides.

When the outrage and the gore heightens, the useless Government will do the needful.

Just like the SARS, na little by little. Dem go soon reach where dem dey go. Make dem continue.

You break into my house at midnight, spoil my door, spoil my T.V & other electronic appliances.

Who go pay for the damages? For this Buhari-induced harsh economy?

I swear to Sango, I agree that I may die in the process but not without bringing at least 6 of them with me.

If them like, make them be 100 and carry Armoured Tank come, dem go know say werey pass werey.

They even physically assaulted her brothers.

11 Likes

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 23, 2021
Hmm.

Nah so..

They only act on suspicion. And will be monitoring innocent people for days.

1 Like

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by SarkinYarki: 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2021
So they are not going to compensate you for the damages?
Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by Queenttoast01: 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2021
1. EFCC is now abolished SARS.
2. They have added armed robbery to their work to meet their target revenue.
3. Nigeria is not getting better I swear.

28 Likes

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by Bobotic(m): 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2021
Na this soup dem dey find grin grin grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by wunmi590(m): 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2021

This is so pathetic, it has never been so bad like this, but then boom, we have a president, who don't care...

And we even have a youth as the head of EFCC and this is happening, very bad I must say...

Please of you have little change, keep pushing till you are able to save reasonable amount of money to get out from this country legally, because nothing is changing in Nigeria soon

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by davillian(m): 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2021
Just imagine
They don't do these things in the north o.
You would just break into someone house that you are efcc
Aboki go shoot u arrow first..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by McOluOmo: 1:40pm On Sep 23, 2021
An opportunity for u to make billions from the efcc..... Sue them

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by tstx(m): 1:40pm On Sep 23, 2021
Blacks - the only race in the world that treat themselves like Animals... Spits

5 Likes

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by DropsMic(m): 1:40pm On Sep 23, 2021
Animals
Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by Dproperties: 1:40pm On Sep 23, 2021
They're thieves on uniform

3 Likes

Re: Nora Okafor's Ordeal With EFCC: '25 Hefty Armed Men Broke Into My House At Night by GboyegaD(m): 1:40pm On Sep 23, 2021
Why are EFCC officials acting like rogues? Is this a new part of their job? All the politicians looting the country dey are left untouched. The idea of selective justice in Naija is irritating.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sunday James: Why Modupe Odele's Passport Was Seized / Mbaka's Prophesy That Will Restore Your Hope In Buhari's Administration. / How Obasanjo Scuttled Tinubu’s Ambition Of Producing Buhari’s Finance Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.