Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,450 members, 7,861,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:16 AM

Is Wedding Gown And Suit Biblical? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Wedding Gown And Suit Biblical? (983 Views)

Tanzanian Lady Storms Streets In A Wedding Gown In Search Of A Husband / Woman Takes Off Her Gown And Starts Twerking In The Supermarket (VIDEO) / Throwback Photo Of A Nairalander Who Is Wedding Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Wedding Gown And Suit Biblical? by OminickConcept: 7:08pm On Sep 23, 2021
I was actually wondering if this wedding gown and suit thing is biblical because I don't see it as something that should be mandatory as it isn't what should show that two people are married aside the ring and certificate of marriage.
What is wrong if my woman and I dress like this for our wedding when we truly love each other sincerely?

Re: Is Wedding Gown And Suit Biblical? by Olunmercy56(f): 7:08pm On Sep 23, 2021
No
Re: Is Wedding Gown And Suit Biblical? by Kestolove(m): 7:13pm On Sep 23, 2021
Wear boxers make ur wife wear pant show una wedding...na record Una set
Re: Is Wedding Gown And Suit Biblical? by Vinstel: 7:14pm On Sep 23, 2021
It's not biblical, it's just the white people culture
Re: Is Wedding Gown And Suit Biblical? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 23, 2021
Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
Op, this is a free world. So, wear wetin u and your wife wan wear on wedding day.
If Una like, make una come naked that day, e no concern nairaland. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Wedding Gown And Suit Biblical? by yomi007k(m): 7:27pm On Sep 23, 2021
wink

Yes. In Nigerian Bible.
Re: Is Wedding Gown And Suit Biblical? by MufasaLion: 7:27pm On Sep 23, 2021
No, it's not. It's just a culture. You can decide to wear whatever you desire as long as it's decent and you're comfortable in it.
Re: Is Wedding Gown And Suit Biblical? by OminickConcept: 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2021
Beebah2000:
Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
Op, this is a free world. So, wear wetin u and your wife wan wear on wedding day.

But reason it, you just wear the wedding gown once and that's it. Even at that, must it be wedding gown? Is the wedding gown compulsory for church marriage and is it biblical?
Re: Is Wedding Gown And Suit Biblical? by OminickConcept: 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2021
MufasaLion:
No, it's not. It's just a culture. You can decide to wear whatever you desire as long as it's decent and you're comfortable in it.

Exactly my point. This wedding gown stuff is just somebody's business idea to make money and the whole world adopted the idea. Now when someone talks about wedding and wedding gown is not involved it's like the person has committed a crime or hasn't wedded.
Re: Is Wedding Gown And Suit Biblical? by xpressionx(m): 7:34pm On Sep 23, 2021
You fit tie uniform wrapper with your wife no wahala
Re: Is Wedding Gown And Suit Biblical? by MufasaLion: 7:34pm On Sep 23, 2021
OminickConcept:

Exactly my point. This wedding gown stuff is just somebody's business idea to make money and the whole world adopted the idea. Now when someone talks about wedding and wedding gown is not involved it's like the person has committed a crime or hasn't wedded.

Lol

It's just a culture that most part of the world have adopted from the West. Even though some part of the world still value and cherish their traditional form of dressing and marriage rituals most especially the Asians. This has really helped in preserving their culture and traditions for many years.
Re: Is Wedding Gown And Suit Biblical? by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2021
OminickConcept:
I was actually wondering if this wedding gown and suit thing is biblical because I don't see it as something that should be mandatory as it isn't what should show that two people are married aside the ring and certificate of marriage.
What is wrong if my woman and I dress like this for our wedding when we truly love each other sincerely?
Read Genesis 2 vs 24-25. That is God's simple law of marriage. Anything else you add, na your own wahala... and has nothing to do with God.
Re: Is Wedding Gown And Suit Biblical? by Gadex: 6:56am On Sep 24, 2021
Is white wedding even biblical, before you talk of the gown and suit.
Re: Is Wedding Gown And Suit Biblical? by siofra(f): 7:02am On Sep 24, 2021
No.

White wedding gowns originated in the 19th century. Before that people just wore what they had and conducted a simple ceremony. Until Queen Victoria started it. In the 19th century, white material was very expensive because it was hard to keep it clean and people wore it only once.

Queen Victoria also made a wedding cake out of white sugar, which was also very expensive. When the elite saw this of course they started a competition within themselves and slowly the lower classes started to imitate them too.

Then came wedding magazines that saw this as a billion dollar venture and presented this kind of wedding as the rave and a must have for every woman. And of course it seeped into the Nigerian culture through colonialism.

1 Like

Re: Is Wedding Gown And Suit Biblical? by Sonnobax15(m): 7:03am On Sep 24, 2021
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Wedding Gown And Suit Biblical? by Bolarineliza202: 3:31pm On Sep 24, 2021
Beebah2000:
Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin
I can't stop giggling.

1 Like

Re: Is Wedding Gown And Suit Biblical? by Lostchild(m): 4:47pm On Sep 24, 2021
OminickConcept

Marriage is between two people

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Fresh Guy / The Northerners Are The Most United Tribe Or People In Nigeria. / Should i bet 15k on Antbony Joshua To Win??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.