Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Should This Muslim Lady Marry Her Catholic Boyfriend? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should This Muslim Lady Marry Her Catholic Boyfriend? (2411 Views)

I Saw Her Through School; Now I'm No More Qualified To Marry Her / Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? / Can A Single Lady Marry A Divorce With Two Kids. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should This Muslim Lady Marry Her Catholic Boyfriend? by funty(f): 5:19pm On Feb 12, 2006
Her boyfriend is catholic and she loves him very much. He's asked her to marry him and she have agreed, but there is a problem; she is a 'conc' muslim and her parents are strict they would almost kill her if she says she want to marry a Christian and a Catholic to make matters worse.

She and her boyfriend are deeply in love and her boyfriend's parents also don't approve of their relationship. She is now in a fix. Should she follow her parents and honor them because she loves them, or follow her heart and marry the man she loves without her parents' blessings?
Re: Should This Muslim Lady Marry Her Catholic Boyfriend? by Hotstepper(f): 6:35pm On Feb 12, 2006
hmmm hard one, if i try 2 convice ma parents and also him trying 2 convice his own parents and none agreed, seriously, i wouldn't go ahead with dat cuz there is nuthing like parents blessing and don't want a situation whereby we have kids and they can't visit their grand-parents, i visted mine until they died so i know da joy of dat and also siblingz etc, datz one of da thingz i look at 4 in a relationship, I can't date a non christain cuz i don't want 2 go through dat stress but i know ma parents wouldn't probably mind but 4 ma own good, i would love sum1 datz a christian like maself, so da answer will depend on individualz and how close they r 2 their family, etc kiss
Re: Should This Muslim Lady Marry Her Catholic Boyfriend? by yeepa(m): 5:48am On Feb 13, 2006
I don't think the girl you're talking about is conc enough as a muslim cos if she really is there is no way she would end up with a catholic boy lipsrsealed
Re: Should This Muslim Lady Marry Her Catholic Boyfriend? by larger20(m): 6:32am On Feb 13, 2006
I will go ahead and marry her, if both parents say no, i will make the girl pregnant and marry her or just elope with her to another country. I aint given up to any one for love
Re: Should This Muslim Lady Marry Her Catholic Boyfriend? by lioness(f): 3:00pm On Feb 13, 2006
Love is alot YES but we can't ignore other things.
The catholic and muslim stuff are two worlds apart. Even in the christaindom there are still discrimination let alone ,
Anyway, i hear there's this new religion - Chrislam where couples like you guys worship.
Re: Should This Muslim Lady Marry Her Catholic Boyfriend? by dynamite(f): 9:49pm On Feb 16, 2006
all  i'll  say  is, if  she  should  go  ahead  and  marry  the  guy  she  loves her  parents  are  not  going  to live  her life  for her  are they? if she  loves  him  and  he  loves  her, then  who  cares  about  parents  consent  she  should  just  go  and  marry  him  and  have  fun  as  far  as she is on  track. wink wink
Re: Should This Muslim Lady Marry Her Catholic Boyfriend? by lioness(f): 11:30am On Feb 17, 2006
Dynamite, you can't just "not care" about your parents consent.
Marriage isnt just ,marrying a person but also marrying into the person's family.
So they both have got to care unless "dem go hear am"
Re: Should This Muslim Lady Marry Her Catholic Boyfriend? by akeemagali(m): 12:30pm On Feb 17, 2006
I dont believe she is a conc muslim. I'd rather call her a kunk muslim. what business does she has with a catholic boyfriend. I beg let us discuss about something real in this forum.
If she is a muslim, this issue would not have come up!!!!!.
Regards to all muslims!!!!!!
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Should This Muslim Lady Marry Her Catholic Boyfriend? by Cashino: 6:46pm On Feb 19, 2006
LISTEN MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every muslim will always say that it should never happen not just because of their religeous beliefs but also of their cultural beliefs of losing one of their own to an infidel. (this can also happen the other way around) THE TRUTH IS,

God would never want anything bad to happen to us and neither would he want us to suffer. This would also include leaving your dreams behind because of a culture and settling in for a less fitting option because "society says so".

LOVE WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS and if there is true love in your relationship then nothing can stand in your way, the only time it (religeon) will become a problem is if you are both set in your beliefs and start trying to convert eachother. If you respect eachother's beliefs, tolerate the things you disagree with and you truely love eachother then your love will flourish like any other relationship - regardless of background. Is religeon a problem in your relationship at the moment? has it been in the past? and if so - then to what extent? a conversation and debate is ok but arguing who is right may not help.

You both love God right? be his name Allah, Jehovah, Jah, Krishna or buddha this will not stop you from hugging him before you go to bed each night. The fact you both love God is a good thing and makes you both humble.

Personally i think it would be better than marrying in your own. A muslim girl dedicates herself to her husband unlike any other culture so he knows you would never cheat, lie, steal or plan things behind his back which is the culture for alot of western women. On the flip side: traditional muslim men treat their wives as housewives - almost like objects. so the love and support he is willing to give you cannot be easily found in your culture either. - if he loves you - the thought of you being under loved by someone else should make the hairs on his back stand upright.

Both of your cultures are amazing, beautiful and there are loads and loads you can learn from eachother about life, if you go deep into it you may just find a few things you see christian do that muslims should too and vice versa. your differences can easily add spice to things and make you better people in general.

Love is the most powerful emotion on earth. With it you can do ANYTHING. don't let it society hold you back, judge your future from your past. the only thing that should matter in this situation is that you are both happy.

I am a christian who is madly in love with a muslim and she feels the same way for me too. Our whole relationship was filled with "what shall we do" when we fell in love. a few years have since passed and we have decided to marry. we are unbelieveably young and her parents are unbelievably strict so we have alot of hiding it and waiting in our hands but its our final decision. not many people are willing to go through what we are, but we were destined and we will fight for as long as it takes and against all odds. i don't see many couples as in love as we are and our relationship has surpassed many of our friends same religeon relationships because the love we have is pure and true.
Re: Should This Muslim Lady Marry Her Catholic Boyfriend? by yeepa(m): 10:06pm On Feb 19, 2006
@ cashino

I wish you good luck in your relationship but I pray it won't be too late before you understand why such relationship should be discouraged. As good friends, it's fine but as for intending couple, mba
Re: Should This Muslim Lady Marry Her Catholic Boyfriend? by eveseh(f): 3:18pm On Apr 28, 2006
that's her choice
Re: Should This Muslim Lady Marry Her Catholic Boyfriend? by TaxMan(m): 5:35pm On Apr 29, 2007
larger_20:

I will go ahead and marry her, if both parents say no, i will make the girl pregnant and marry her or just elope with her to another country. I aint given up to any one for love

I completely agree with you here,
Re: Should This Muslim Lady Marry Her Catholic Boyfriend? by nossycheek(f): 1:59pm On May 08, 2007
wish them luck in as much as no fatwa is issued on the man cheesy
Re: Should This Muslim Lady Marry Her Catholic Boyfriend? by stranger26(f): 1:00pm On Feb 07, 2008
I don't think she knows that much about Islam otherwise she wouldn't have ended up with a boyfriend in the first place talkless of a non-muslim one. Premarital relationships are forbidden in Islam so how did she get a boyfriend? Muslim women are not allowed to marry non-muslims; it's not a cultural thing. its an Islamic law. Neither can a muslim man marry a non-muslim except for the very pious and chaste women from the People of the Book (i.e. Jews and Christians).
So the lady should start thinking about God instead of her parents.
Re: Should This Muslim Lady Marry Her Catholic Boyfriend? by TCUBE(m): 9:31am On Feb 08, 2008
should we really be talking abt this?
Re: Should This Muslim Lady Marry Her Catholic Boyfriend? by PHBABE(f): 5:52am On Feb 09, 2008
what is great one and conc all about?
abeg oh, make una no vex

(1) (Reply)

Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? / Women And Domestic Violence / What Don't You Like But Can Tolerate About Your Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.