Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,814 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? (9884 Views)

Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Can A Single Lady Marry A Divorce With Two Kids. / Should This Muslim Lady Marry Her Catholic Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by larimo(m): 10:29am On Jul 04, 2011
What is your opinion? Is it advisable for a lady (working or not) to marry a guy that is jobless?
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by femmy2010(m): 11:38am On Jul 04, 2011
If she is working and the guy isn't just sitting idle regards searching for a job then u can marry him.
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by Bawss1(m): 12:50pm On Jul 04, 2011
You must be new here. It is the unquestionable law of the land that a woman should not only marry a man with just a job but a very high paying one. Nobody will let their daughter do otherwise. Deal with it jobless men or better still get a job. smiley
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by ifyalways(f): 12:53pm On Jul 04, 2011
Jobless but with prospects ie hustling while job hunting. . .Yes I wud.
Jobless,hopeless and NFA(No future ambition). . .No way.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by larimo(m): 1:45pm On Jul 04, 2011
The reason for the question is the attitude that do arise from such men in their homes, where their wives are breadwinners. I think a high percentage of these men struggle with this.
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by MissIfe(f): 2:35pm On Jul 04, 2011
It is not the easiest situation to start a marriage. The man might not be comfortable with his wife being the breadwinner, and they would need to delay other plans (children, house etc.) until his situation improves. If the situation lasts, it can be very challenging for the couple. However, if a man has [i]currently [/i]no job but has plans for the future, prospects and hopefully some savings, and if the wife feels ready to take the financial responsibilty for a while, why not? But they should really think things through, sometimes waiting for a year or two can make things easier, it also depends on their age and the time they have already spent dating.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by dayokanu(m): 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2011
Kini big deal
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by Bawss1(m): 5:01pm On Jul 04, 2011
dayokanu:

Kini big deal

Ideally there shouldn't any but you know how 9ja ladies be. smiley
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by worry246(m): 6:36pm On Jul 04, 2011
No way marry jobles waster.
Tell him tro get job before you know him.
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by horny4u(f): 8:26am On Jul 05, 2011
Hierachy of needs says a man will get a job first to get clothing, food and shelter then marry a wife for procreation. If not he may be like the banker's husband utterly frustrated and take his resentment out on her. 1st things 1st.
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by GemPearly: 9:52am On Jul 05, 2011
No. it wouldn't encourage a very comfortable living and happy environment for you and for him as well, considering he knows what he's ought to do as a man. Let him get workin first, all other things would then easily fall in place
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by obowunmi(m): 10:49am On Jul 05, 2011
A real man would never put himself in such a position. How will you fend for your family ? Only a fool will marry a woman with no job. A big fool. How woman go take respect you if you no get kudi.
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by Andrew3(m): 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2011
the question is how to get married without a job? how to pay the bride price, the party(although not neccesary) maybe mass wedding grin
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by Kalman(m): 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2011
Even for American film. Guy no get job, but later he will make am!

Moral: Na a 50-50 chance.
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by valicious1(m): 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2011
IF YOUR QUESTION IS ' SHOULD A LADY MARRY A JOBLESS MAN' THEN THE ANSWER IS A FULL 'YES', ON THE CONDITION THAT THE LADY HERSELF HAS A JOB, AFTERALL A WOMAN CAN DO WATEVA A MAN CAN, BUT IF THE ISSUE IS 'SHOULD A JOBLESS LADY MARRY A JOBLESS MAN', my hand no dey for dat one, Shekinah
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by Baawaa(m): 12:37pm On Jul 05, 2011
There is difference between jobless and jobless!!i hav seen a case wher a man giv his son wife!!d guy am talking about is still schooling,his jobless but his father has money.Jobless is not d issue,the issue is that can he take responsibilities as a man.
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by Nosyke(m): 12:39pm On Jul 05, 2011
@Op,Me Nosyke, will never even look at the direction of a lady if I dont have job/means of Livelihood neither will I support my sis to do such.
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by snthesis(m): 12:49pm On Jul 05, 2011
Kalman:

Even for American film. Guy no get job, but later he will make am!

Moral: Na a 50-50 chance.
na nollywood we dey watch grin grin
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 05, 2011
ok.
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by natude1: 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2011
that man might not get the job until you marry him! yes, destiny differs
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by born2boink(m): 1:19pm On Jul 05, 2011
Jobless marrying Jobless and Job marry Job, it should be that way, what would happen if the man after getting married lost his Job, kill the wife like the recent news that happened or kill himself?
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2011

Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless?

I don't understand this question. All the female loud-mouths who shout about equality in marriage should rather answer the reverse question: Should a Man marry a Lady who is Jobless? I'm sure most people wouldn't see the big deal in that. . . "as long as he loves her". In fact that question would even be seen as ridiculous and needless. Double-standards, right? Go figure.
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by akimboboya: 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2011
to marry what?
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by omega25red(m): 2:03pm On Jul 05, 2011
proO1:

I don't understand this question. All the female loud-mouths who shout about equality in marriage should rather answer the reverse question: Should a Man marry a Lady who is Jobless? I'm sure most people wouldn't see the big deal in that. . . "as long as he loves her". In fact that question would even be seen as ridiculous and needless. Double-standards, right? Go figure.

my sentiments exactly
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 05, 2011
All these kinda threads all the time, are u people not tired of creating similar threads all the time? undecided
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by Abanicwise(m): 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2011
To start with,d question is can a man marry a jobless woman? If d answer is yes,then the riddle is solved. But d only thing I will not advice is for a lady to marry a guy without a promising future,d likes of no education,no plan,cos d greatest tragedy that can befall a woman is to marry a total liability as a hubby.
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by ogospec(f): 2:57pm On Jul 05, 2011
YES! if the man is ambitious and work towards getting ajob and the lady is already working. then the man shouo know that 70%of the house chores is for him untill he gets a job.
because it will be unfair if the wife
1 go to work
2 brings money
3 go to market , cooks and feeds the man
4 suffer the haet of pregnancy
5 and other house keeps and chores.
I dont believe in all this gender responsibility, Marriage is for completness, God noticed the incompleteness of  Adam  that was why He created Eve.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by MMM2(m): 3:42pm On Jul 05, 2011
Op
Yes or no,
Just pick any1.
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by banqkool: 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2011
ogospec:

YES! if the man is ambitious and work towards getting ajob and the lady is already working. then the man shouo know that 70%of the house chores is for him untill he gets a job.
because it will be unfair if the wife
1 go to work
2 brings money
3 go to market , cooks and feeds the man
4 suffer the haet of pregnancy
5 and other house keeps and chores.
I dont believe in all this gender responsibility, Marriage is for completness, God noticed the incompleteness of  Adam  that was why He created Eve.
this na massive downgrading
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by dayokanu(m): 4:21pm On Jul 05, 2011
proO1:

So you sef see am?
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by catso(m): 4:24pm On Jul 05, 2011
Why not!
As long as the guy is not a lazy one nor a day dreamer.
God knows what the future holds.
One thing i hate is for a man to sit down at home 24/7, even if he doesn't have a regular job he must just go out and come back everyday.
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless? by bizmogule(m): 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2011
If he is jobless at the moment and making efforts to work things out maybe business wise amidst hunting for a job then you can marry him that is if yu have a good job but really shame no go gree me marry woman when I no get anything oh. Where the money go come from? The Woman! Hello No

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Super Sugar Daddies(ssd) / She Bled On Her Wedding Night After Staying Away From Sex For Two Years / Ghanaian Lady Commits Suicide After Catching Her Mum With Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.