Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,470 members, 7,854,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:10 AM

At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? (1328 Views)

How Ladies Give My Fiancé 'Green Light' In My Presence, Not Minding My Ring / Why Men Should Not Marry Women Of Their Age Or Their Seniors / Man Seen Aggressively Minding His Business As Two Ladies Beat Each Other To Pulp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by Fafesot: 12:35pm On Sep 24, 2021
While growing up, my attitude was solely based on what people think about me or my actions. When I was in my teen, it got worse bcus it was already affecting me psychologically, and my views about life were products of others' thought, opinion or imagination. I'm from a polygamous family, as a young man, I must stand firm to maintain my position in the family. But this I could not do because I was becoming timid already. I was the type that over-think. So after sometime, I gained admission to the university, I thought it would get better but it was the opposite. My second year was almost as the first. The thing has bereft me of any iota of confidence, I walked facing down and all. If I greeted someone and the person didn't answer well, I might think about this for two days and sometimes would always want impress others so they can think good about me.
The turnaround: When I moved to the next level in the university (part 3), the situation was changing gradually, I was becoming gradually confident... I sat down one day, I called my self by my name and asked my self; have you stolen before, I answered "No". Have you done something ignominious before; I answered No. Then why are you scared of everyone?, why do you give a Bleep about what people think about you? . That moment, I became confident, I started to talk boldly and also started to stand firmly on my opinion, I increased the level of conversation with people, I looked lecturers in the face and tell them whatever the case may be.

The result: I started observing that people began to respect me more, my friends on campus and even...just everyone,both old and young.
When I went back home for holiday, let me quickly add this, I had also always believed witches and evil people can kill me and it was one of the reasons for my timidity. I stopped the belief and began to have faith in whatever I think and the God I serve. I give no f*vk about them. Then later, I also observed they began to respect me, even my dad. I talking intellectually and express my opinions buoyantly and brilliantly. Everything about my life just changed and I began to have rest of mind. I perform better in everything I do and started to trust in myself. I now walk confidently and also do little workout. I now look fit and more hands..

Share yours.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by Fafesot: 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2021
Mods abeg
Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by chatinent: 12:40pm On Sep 24, 2021
When I realised that nobody really cares if you lived or died...and how fast those people who try to care forget the dead. After all, the world is filled with people who'd want to make you not in peace. Why should I care?

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by SportsHD: 12:57pm On Sep 24, 2021
When I started smoking weed. Now, I smoke weed in the parking lots of malls, don't gaf. I don't care about nun xept the police.

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by 151487made(m): 12:57pm On Sep 24, 2021
No kill ur self for anybody
Just do ur part and leave d rest

1 Like

Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by Sonnobax15(m): 1:08pm On Sep 24, 2021
lipsrsealed
Since I was old enough to know how to plug my ONE into my banny's ZERO lipsrsealed. Ever since then,I realized that no matter what a man does, people must surely yan rubbish undecided
Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by thesicilian: 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2021
At age 2.
Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by pansophist(m): 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2021
At 22. As far as I can remember.

Caring what people think about you is like fixing a broken mirror, because it doesn't display your appearance well. Also, the knowledge that people judge from their own biases, mental limitations, ignorance etc, makes it even a waste of everything to worry about their thoughts. You should only be at peace with your conscience, do the right thing, and let them say.

9 Likes

Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by pansophist(m): 1:28pm On Sep 24, 2021
The definition of the weak is someone who expect so much from others, but have little to nothing to give. If you evaluate the lifestyle of judgmental folks, you probably will not want to be like them. No person that have it good wastes their time judging others. That's what loosers do, not winners.

So if someone is being judgemental, see it as a display of weakness and feel sorry for them instead. When you understand people, then it becomes meaningless to hate them. It doesn't matter what you do, people will still judge, and most times, wrongly.

When you know yourself and your imperfections, then you'll become hesitant judging other people. The opposite is also true. If judgemental folks knows themselves and their imperfection also, they will be hesitant judging others. For he who is without sin, should cast the first stone. To judge others is to assume perfection, but no one is perfect, so why judge ?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by Snitch24(m): 2:58pm On Sep 24, 2021
After my final exam
Inthe university
Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by Fafesot: 3:00pm On Sep 24, 2021
Snitch24:
After my final exam
Inthe university
It took you so long?
Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by Fafesot: 3:01pm On Sep 24, 2021
pansophist:
The definition of the weak is someone who expect so much from others, but have little to nothing to give. If you evaluate the lifestyle of judgmental folks, you probably will not want to be like them. No person that have it good wastes their time judging others. That's what loosers do, not winners.

So if someone is being judgemental, see it as a display of weakness and feel sorry for them instead. When you understand people, then it becomes meaningless to hate them. It doesn't matter what you do, people will still judge, and most times, wrongly.

When you know yourself and your imperfections, then you'll become hesitant judging other people. The opposite is also true. If judgemental folks knows themselves and their imperfection also, they will be hesitant judging others. For he who is without sin, should cast the first stone. To judge others is to assume perfection, but no one is perfect, so why judge ?
You're a psychology lecturer?

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by Snitch24(m): 3:02pm On Sep 24, 2021
Fafesot:

It took you so long?

I swr bro
I felt so stupid
Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by Fafesot: 3:45pm On Sep 24, 2021
Snitch24:

I swr bro
I felt so stupid
When I finally realised, I wished I could turn back the hand of time so I would make right some things I did. In everything we do in life, confidence comes after God.
Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by Fafesot: 3:45pm On Sep 24, 2021
Lala, mynd44, Seun , Dominic
Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by Nwchkwgz: 5:24pm On Sep 24, 2021
Fafesot:
While growing up, my attitude was solely based on what people think about me or my actions. When I was in my teen, it got worse bcus it was already affecting me psychologically, and my views about life were products of others' thought, opinion or imagination. I'm from a polygamous family, as a young man, I must stand firm to maintain my position in the family. But this I could not do because I was becoming timid already. I was the type that over-think. So after sometime, I gained admission to the university, I thought it would get better but it was the opposite. My second year was almost as the first. The thing has bereft me of any iota of confidence, I walked facing down and all. If I greeted someone and the person didn't answer well, I might think about this for two days and sometimes would always want impress others so they can think good about me.
The turnaround: When I moved to the next level in the university (part 3), the situation was changing gradually, I was becoming gradually confident... I sat down one day, I called my self by my name and asked my self; have you stolen before, I answered "No". Have you done something ignominious before; I answered No. Then why are you scared of everyone?, why do you give a Bleep about what people think about you? . That moment, I became confident, I started to talk boldly and also started to stand firmly on my opinion, I increased the level of conversation with people, I looked lecturers in the face and tell them whatever the case may be.

The result: I started observing that people began to respect me more, my friends on campus and even...just everyone,both old and young.
When I went back home for holiday, let me quickly add this, I had also always believed witches and evil people can kill me and it was one of the reasons for my timidity. I stopped the belief and began to have faith in whatever I think and the God I serve. I give no f*vk about them. Then later, I also observed they began to respect me, even my dad. I talking intellectually and express my opinions buoyantly and brilliantly. Everything about my life just changed and I began to have rest of mind. I perform better in everything I do and started to trust in myself. I now walk confidently and also do little workout. I now look fit and more hands..

Share yours.
This was me because of where I grew up
Trust me people will ride you if they see that you are not confident
I simply realized that when I try to please people I’m never happy
I changed my mentality right now I have just a friend the rest dun run because I no do obioma again
Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by Fafesot: 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2021
Nwchkwgz:

This was me because of where I grew up
Trust me people will ride you if they see that you are not confident
I simply realized that when I try to please people I’m never happy
I changed my mentality right now I have just a friend the rest dun run because I no do obioma again
Same here.
Besides, more doors started to open for me.
The association I belong respects me more cus I can now stand up to air my opinion and I also learn to say No..no matter the situation, not minding if I'm the only one with the position.
I talk slower and deeper.
Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by Magnoliaa(f): 6:17pm On Sep 24, 2021
Since forever...
Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by Nebulax: 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2021
Officially half a decade now. Used to neglect my own business while carrying others palavas for head like gala.. Then I realised that people are only loyal when they are broke, the moment they have extra change, you would see the real them

If you want to have happiness for a day, drink a beer
If you want to have happiness for a week, get married
But if you want to have happiness for the rest of your life, then mind your business.

Na the OT be that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by DonroxyII: 3:25pm On Sep 28, 2021
17.. I stopped giving a hoot at 17 ... !
Re: At What Age Or Level Did You Stop Minding What People Think About You? by Angrygoat: 3:37pm On Sep 28, 2021
I never have given a fuc k bout nothing aside the bag. You know. I need a bag this week. Amen.
On who. Yall know who it is.
On GOD

(1) (Reply)

She Said "I Don't Have Swag", What Does This Mean / Nigeria's Richest Actors And Their Net Worth / Man Posts Notorious Nude Of Ashaawo Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.