Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,433 members, 7,850,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:47 AM

Open Letter To Engr Seyi Makinde: Ibadan Airport Roads Need Immediate Attention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Engr Seyi Makinde: Ibadan Airport Roads Need Immediate Attention (658 Views)

Oyo Approves Issuance Of ₦100B Bond For Iseyin-Ogbomoso Road, Ibadan Airport / Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari / Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Engr Seyi Makinde: Ibadan Airport Roads Need Immediate Attention by UncleAyo: 6:19pm On Sep 24, 2021
I was at the Airport Road today and saw how convoy vehicles from Edo state are battling with pot holes and dusts on the road.

Airports are points of entry to any major cities, and the environment of an Airport sends the greatest "first impression" to any new comer who in many way may have plan to invest in that city.

I can tell properly that many of the roads that lead to the Ibadan Airport are still in poor condition and not suit for proper commuting.

1. The major Road from the airforce School to the Airport: This road should be the most beutified road in the city of Ibadan but the opposite is the case. I once use to think that there is another proper road that link to the Ibadan Airport, until I recently discover that its the only road.
On this road, there is no drainage system, the road looks like one that leads to an evil forest. It is more or less like just covering the ground with cement. It is not dualised and there are no decorative measure or signs it leads to an Airport but bushes and few houses and shops.

Suggestions: The road should be dualised, and made more suitable for movement. Not only that, proper decorative measures should be put into place...

2. The Idi-Osan - Airport Road: is another road which leads to the airport. The brigde as promised has not been repaired, and the road is bad.

3. The Idi-Osan - Para road: is another road that leads to the airport - although a shortcut road. This road was last used more than five years ago. The reason is becasue of a major bridge that was destroy due to constant erosion. Idi-Osan Para road apart from being one of the road that lead to the airport is a road used by thousands who work in the centre of the city.

I believe first impression at the Airport environment by any in-coming persons will last very long. Beautiful Airport enviroment is also a sign of development, of which Ibadan should be a pace setter city.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Engr Seyi Makinde: Ibadan Airport Roads Need Immediate Attention by proeast(m): 6:28pm On Sep 24, 2021
Does Ibadan have an airport? All these mushroom one flight per annum airports shelters should be converted to bus stations to maximize their use cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Engr Seyi Makinde: Ibadan Airport Roads Need Immediate Attention by UncleAyo: 6:58pm On Sep 24, 2021
proeast:
Does Ibadan have an airport? All these mushroom one flight per annum airports shelters should be converted to bus stations to maximize their use cheesy cheesy

This is not thread to mock Ibadan. This is my way of engaging the governor, and I know he listen.

Stop putting mouth in other people's business unecessary. I know your state of origin is the best and a perfect state and your governor is the best governor. Hope you are now happy

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Engr Seyi Makinde: Ibadan Airport Roads Need Immediate Attention by gfaruk(m): 6:59pm On Sep 24, 2021
UncleAyo:
I was at the Airport Road today and saw how convoy vehicles from Edo state are battling with pot holes and dusts on the road.

Airports are points of entry to any major cities and environment of an Airport sends the greatest "first impression" to any new comer who in many way may have plan to invest in that city.

I can tell properly that many of the roads that lead to the Ibadan Airport are still in poor condition and not suit for proper commuting.

1. The major Road from the airforce School to the Airport: This road should be the most beutified road in the city of Ibadan but the opposite is the case. I once use to think that there is another proper road that link to the Ibadan Airport, until I recently discover that its the only road.
On this road, there is no drainage system, the road looks like one that leads to an evil forest. It is more or less like just covering the ground with cement. It is not dualised and there are no decorative measure or signs it leads to an Airport but bushes and few houses and shops.

Suggestions: The road should be dualised, and made more suitable for movement. Not only that, proper decorative measures should be put into place...

2. The Idi-Osan - Airport Road: is another road which leads to the airport.

3. The Idi-Osan - Para road: is another road that leads to the airport - although a shortcut road. This road was last used more than five years ago. The reason is becasue of a major bridge that was destroy due to constant erosion. Idi-Osan Para road apart from being on of the road that lead to the airport is a major road used my thousand who work in the centre of the city.

I believe first impression at the Airport by any in-coming persons with last very long. It is also a sign of development, of which Ibadan should be a pace setter city.

Download my oyo app on playstore
And render ur opinion there
And they will reply you
Re: Open Letter To Engr Seyi Makinde: Ibadan Airport Roads Need Immediate Attention by UncleAyo: 7:04pm On Sep 24, 2021
gfaruk:

Download my oyo app on playstore
And render ur opinion there
And they will reply you

I will download the my oyo app. I ussually hear Edmond Obilo talks about it.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Engr Seyi Makinde: Ibadan Airport Roads Need Immediate Attention by hargbolahan01: 7:13pm On Sep 24, 2021
I think they have send some budget to oyo house of assembly to accommodate this airport renovation and some other projects but I don't know if they have passed it sha
Re: Open Letter To Engr Seyi Makinde: Ibadan Airport Roads Need Immediate Attention by UncleAyo: 7:15pm On Sep 24, 2021
hargbolahan01:
I think they have send some budget to oyo house of assembly to accommodate this airport renovation and some other projects but I don't know if they have passed it sha

I pray they pass the bill. Because it will encourage more investors and investment inflow to Ibadan and Oyo state at large.
Re: Open Letter To Engr Seyi Makinde: Ibadan Airport Roads Need Immediate Attention by Standing5(m): 8:47pm On Sep 24, 2021
It is painful seeing less than 5% of road portion giving so much pain to road users.
Re: Open Letter To Engr Seyi Makinde: Ibadan Airport Roads Need Immediate Attention by Tomek09(m): 9:00pm On Sep 24, 2021
proeast:
grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Engr Seyi Makinde: Ibadan Airport Roads Need Immediate Attention by Tomek09(m): 9:04pm On Sep 24, 2021
Ebonyi Airport when completed will beat both Ibadan and Akure Airports in afonjaland hands down.

SE leads while ewedu and a.boki States follow grin grin
Re: Open Letter To Engr Seyi Makinde: Ibadan Airport Roads Need Immediate Attention by UncleAyo: 10:21pm On Sep 24, 2021
Tomek09:
Ebonyi Airport when completed will beat both Ibadan and Akure Airports in afonjaland hands down.

SE leads while ewedu and a.boki States follow grin grin

Some people are just born to chestbeat even when no one is ready to compete with them.
Re: Open Letter To Engr Seyi Makinde: Ibadan Airport Roads Need Immediate Attention by mancoconut: 10:59pm On Sep 24, 2021
I thought the SW was paradise according to Yoruba concocted paper stats?
Re: Open Letter To Engr Seyi Makinde: Ibadan Airport Roads Need Immediate Attention by UncleAyo: 6:25am On Sep 25, 2021
mancoconut:
I thought the SW was paradise according to Yoruba concocted paper stats?

A travel to South West will clear some of your doubt.
Re: Open Letter To Engr Seyi Makinde: Ibadan Airport Roads Need Immediate Attention by Africana1123(m): 6:39am On Sep 25, 2021
Good @op I stay in that area too..I don’t why all this people always turn all state project to politics, now BABA done stop all the road works in my area just because of election ....I fear who no fear Nigerian politician grin

(1) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu: How Tinubu's Visit To Osibanjo Solved The Ungodly Mystery At Aso Ro / Wikileaks Cables: Shell's Grip On Nigerian State Revealed / Regional/State Political Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.