Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,420 members, 7,836,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn (12922 Views)

Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. / Lagos Residents Stranded As Bus Drivers Protest ‘extortions’ By MC Oluomo Team / Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by sematec(m): 10:49am On Sep 25, 2021
The fg should construct quality and durable roads.
imagine the weight of heavy duty trucks on lite roads overtime. not only in Niger state but across the federation. Fg should have the best of roads no matter the heavy impact of trucking
Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by lexy2014: 10:53am On Sep 25, 2021
Peacemaker123:
Una no dey fear abi?buhari fears protester more than terrorists.

why are u wicked like this? cheesy
Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by Warricity: 11:04am On Sep 25, 2021
Ahahahah we hold PDP and Ipob responsible.
Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by TheSalient: 11:05am On Sep 25, 2021
pixeldensity:

You should understand that roads can be constructed to a high standard where trailers can ply the road as much as they want without causing damage to the road. The country just doesn't want to construct things to the best of standards. Moreover, there are no better alternatives for affordable transportation of cargo in the country
Yes, but, in every country, there is always road where heavy vehicle can ply and the ones they can't, if the state sense that the road is not meant for heavy vehicle, it has the right to block them.

1 Like

Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by symbianDON(m): 11:05am On Sep 25, 2021
Kastonkastroll:
I support the state government on this. These heavy duty tankers are also going to destroy that bida-mokwa road if nothing is done. I did a work in Niger state, and the way I saw heavy duty tankers plying that road was alarming.
but the trailers can't ply the bush na! I maintain that the federal government is completely at fault for not providing a reliable, alternative means for heavy load haulage. The trailer drivers are citizens of Nigeria too and also have the right to drive their trucks.
Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by Yankee15: 11:07am On Sep 25, 2021
Nice one
Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by techWriter3: 11:13am On Sep 25, 2021
Una no jus worry abi?buhari worrys protester more than extremists.
Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 25, 2021

The Charlatan-in-Chief of the armed forces has made it a point of duty to destroy every facet of our national existence! Make him no worry, he'll get his comeuppance in due time. Useless entity!
Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 25, 2021
The Minna-Bida road was closed for over one year ago for a 100kilometer construction work.

So the work never finish ?

Will it take 10 years ?

I never use this road connecting north to SW.

Nah Kogi road I Sabi.
Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by Originalsly: 11:34am On Sep 25, 2021
Kastonkastroll:

I support the state government on this. These heavy duty tankers are also going to destroy that bida-mokwa road if nothing is done. I did a work in Niger state, and the way I saw heavy duty tankers plying that road was alarming.

I agree with the truckers ... 100%. .... shut the road down.... bring attention to the situation. Why would the State shut down a major roadway without providing a suitable alternate route?... or constructing a detour road before the shut down? What did they expect to happen when the road is shut down? Isn't the road supposed to be constructed to accommodate heavy duty vehicles? So if the vehicles are destroying the road shouldn't the blame be on the standard of road instead of the weight of the tankers? Super heavyweight trailers use such roads in other countries but yet those roads are glass smooth. Why there and not here?

Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by Ykc2(m): 11:39am On Sep 25, 2021
Bandits will feast on those trucks, trust buhari ,what his fulani brother won't distroy don't exist
Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by Originalsly: 11:39am On Sep 25, 2021
TheSalient:

Yes, but, in every country, there is always road where heavy vehicle can ply and the ones they can't, if the state sense that the road is not meant for heavy vehicle, it has the right to block them.

They do the same abroad ... heavy duty vehicles have certain roads they can use and ones they can't ecause of the standards of the roads. But this particular road.... isn't it one for trucks?... or is there a other but the truckers choose to use this one because of whatever reason?,
Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by Reference(m): 12:19pm On Sep 25, 2021
Just look at the mass of vehicles.
What government sees is a huge headache and a bad liability.
What investors see is a huge market and potential windfall.

Folks.
We need businessmen in charge of this nations affairs.
We just cannot continue like this.

1 Like

Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by 15ssDRIVE(m): 12:19pm On Sep 25, 2021
See wetting Biaffra for do, only this one go make our yeye leaders, sober .
Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by zicoraads: 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2021
pixeldensity:

You should understand that roads can be constructed to a high standard where trailers can ply the road as much as they want without causing damage to the road. The country just doesn't want to construct things to the best of standards. Moreover, there are no better alternatives for affordable transportation of cargo in the country
Which is why the federal government should fix her roads. The roads are not state's, but the FG's. The state has been doing most of the fixing, which is always done to accommodate small vehicles. The state don't have the resources to fix all FG roads in the state, when state roads are there to be fixed.
Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by Kano4tot2: 1:31pm On Sep 25, 2021
Sad Sad Sad is the comment
Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:33pm On Sep 25, 2021
Both of Una dey mad
Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by shedy03(m): 2:35pm On Sep 25, 2021
FG Vs Niger state, games on.......
Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by auduadeniyi(m): 4:55pm On Sep 25, 2021
Minna -bida road as been approved the past ten year construction company as been working their without any result. You close road and work remain stagnant can you imagine stupid Governor
Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by Coolgent(m): 7:28am On Sep 26, 2021
MoneySavannah:
smiley Way to go indeed

Facebook account for sale
1st is 5years Old
2nd is 4years
3rd is 2years
4th is 1year old.

If interested
WhatsApp Zero Eight Zero Eight Nine Zero Three Six Seven Five Four

Ladies and Gentlemen be careful of this scammer, you may land in trouble as a result of using someone facebook account that's has been stolen.
Re: Tanker Drivers’ Protest In Niger State Takes New Turn by unrulypapi10: 7:53am On Sep 26, 2021
Kastonkastroll:

I feel in few years to come the Ilorin/Jebba bypass would meet same fatw if not properly maintained

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate / : NASS To Reconvene Next Week To Approve INEC Budget / Buhari Media Circulating Fake Video About Me ― Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.