Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate (12901 Views)

Breaking: Court Sacks Andy Ubah, Stella Oduah / Anambra Poll Results: Ekwunife Sacks Ngige From Senate, Humbles Victor Umeh / Court Sacks Andy Uba, Ekwunife From Nass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by sameera025: 2:56pm On Dec 22, 2011
The political woes of former presidential aide, Andy Uba, continues today as the Court of Appeal nullified his election into the Senate and ordered fresh election into the Anambra South senatorial district.

The candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance for the constituency in the April elections, Chuma Nzeribe, had challenged Mr. Uba's election on the grounds that the poll was marked by rigging and irregularities in some areas in the constituency.

The court agreed with the petitioner and ordered INEC to conduct fresh election into the constituency.

The same court also sacked a member of the House of Representatives representing Anocha/Njikoka/Dunukofia federal constitutuency,Uche Ekwunife, from her seat, and ordered fresh election in Aniocha local government area of the state.

Mr. Uba was elected governor of Anambra State in 2007 but was removed in a similar circumstance by the Supreme Court, which ruled that the tenure of Governor Peter Obi was yet to expire.

The former domestic assistant to President Olusegun Obasanjo gave the governorship slot another try last year but was defeated by Mr. Obi.

http://premiumtimesng.com/index.php/news/3188-appeal_court_sacks_andy_uba_from_senate.html
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Jeel: 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2011
What a bold step, thats good
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by kokoA(m): 3:18pm On Dec 22, 2011
dem curse dat man court sacked him as governor, now as a senator, Maybe politics isn't his tin undecided
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by ozicoblendo: 5:23pm On Dec 22, 2011
dis man should look for oda job to do dan, grin
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by jmaine: 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2011
And the Clearance rages on . . .Nice one cool
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Afam4eva(m): 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2011
This man don suffer. They should give him local government chairmanship na.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by stepo707: 5:31pm On Dec 22, 2011
afam4eva:

He would be sacked as well grin
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by kokoA(m): 5:32pm On Dec 22, 2011
afam4eva:

Will the court allow him stay for morethan a month?  undecided
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by ak47mann(m): 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2011
praise the LORD cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Dandas: 5:44pm On Dec 22, 2011
Both Uba and Chuma Nzeribe are political touts that have nurctured many political thugs in Anambra State.Does it mean that Anambra South cant produce a credible candidate to represent them in the senate.If there is any state i can give you an account of,it is Anambra.I was in Anambra when Uba,His brothers and Chuma Nzeribe were causing political crisis and havoc here and there.I was suprised to see these set of people now piloting the affairs of Anambra South politics.I made a comment here the time Andy Uba was made committee on INEC,-an election rigger overseeing some affairs of INEC.Should INEC conduct a fresh elections,Anambrarians should vote out this two rogues- Andy Uba and Chuma Nzeribe and vote for a credible candidate of their choice.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Hakeemval: 5:45pm On Dec 22, 2011
Pharmacy is already down, sorry to the few pharmacists aroung in the country!
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by gokuu(m): 5:52pm On Dec 22, 2011
Andy Uba will win the rerun, so no strees! Afterall, Ngige is a master-rigger and he won, so why not andy?
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by kasiem(m): 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2011
When i was creating threads here saying that apga never lost election in anambra state, people were taking me for a joke. Today, it's uba in anambra south, tomorrow will be ngige( akunyili has already won twice in law court). Kokoronkooo!!! Chi aboola. Apga!!! Onye aghala nwanne ya
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by kasiem(m): 5:58pm On Dec 22, 2011
gokuu:

Andy Uba will win the rerun, so no strees! Afterall, Ngige is a master-rigger and he won, so why not andy?
not when chukwujekwu ukachukwu will be backing apga. Remember, ikukuoma was d person that people took as pdp candidate.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Tittos: 6:01pm On Dec 22, 2011
kasiem:

When i was creating threads here saying that apga never lost election in anambra state, people were taking me for a joke. Today, it's uba in anambra south, tomorrow will be ngige( akunyili has already won twice in law court). Kokoronkooo!!! Chi aboola. Apga!!! Onye aghala nwanne ya
Uche Ekwunife of APGA has been sacked too, so by ur analysis apga lost that seat, kokoronkoo!!!!!
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by ak47mann(m): 6:07pm On Dec 22, 2011
kasiem:

ngige losing again, will be a big problem in his political carrier,anambra love ngige thou,
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Afam4eva(m): 6:10pm On Dec 22, 2011
I put Anambra everyday in my prayers. I just hope and pray that one day leaders like Soludo and other technocrats will lead Anambra people out of bondage. Anambra and Abia is are the life line of the south-east. Why are this two states just messing up despite the massive potential that's evident in both states,
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by kasiem(m): 6:10pm On Dec 22, 2011
Tittos:

Uche Ekwunife of APGA has been sacked too, so by your analysis apga lost that seat, kokoronkoo!!!!!
it's a case of losing a small one position( which can never happen) to gain two or more big positions. At the end apga is winning!!!!! I was in anambra throughout the election, so i know d weight of apga.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2011
I have never seen a badluck person like this guy despite all the rigging ? God is great !
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by asha80(m): 6:18pm On Dec 22, 2011
arghhhh! andy uba again grin ( this country hates me) cheesy
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by kasiem(m): 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2011
afam4eva:

I put Anambra everyday in my prayers. I just hope and pray that one day leaders like Soludo and other technocrats will lead Anambra people out of bondage. Anambra and Abia is are the life line of the south-east. Why are this two states just messing up despite the massive potential that's evident in both states,
hold ur peace, most of the bad roads in anambra state are federal roads dont castigate obi. We never knew that the governor normally dishes out money every december to all the anambra community for infrastructural development, until, my dad and his colleagues assumed the leadership of our community. Come and see the first year wonders of my dad's administration in our community (ezinifite-nnewi south). Go to nnewi and see the massive work going on there. Some guys at the grassroots are the problem of anambra state, not peter obi.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Afam4eva(m): 6:24pm On Dec 22, 2011
kasiem:

hold your peace, most of the bad roads in anambra state are federal roads dont castigate obi. We never knew that the governor normally dishes out money every december to all the anambra community for infrastructural development, until, my dad and his colleagues assumed the leadership of our community. Come and see the first year wonders of my dad's administration in our community (ezinifite-nnewi south). Go to nnewi and see the massive work going on there. Some guys at the grassroots are the problem of anambra state, not peter obi.  

I don't want to believe you've joined the bandwagon of praise singer that include Chino etal. In as much as i would like to believe you, no indices point to the fact that Anambra is making any headway. You can shut me up by posting pictures the way our Enugu people have been doing.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Sacarstic: 6:28pm On Dec 22, 2011
Andy Uba is like a child who refuses to study for his/her examination but intends to cheat,one way or the other you will be caught, Please somebody should tell him that it is "Insane to keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result",
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by asha80(m): 6:30pm On Dec 22, 2011
afam4eva:

I don't want to believe you've joined the bandwagon of praise singer that include Chino etal. In as much as i would like to believe you, no indices point to the fact that Anambra is making any headway. You can shut me up by posting pictures the way[b] our Enugu people have been doing.[/b]

seriously though enugu pics have been mainly enugu city infrastructure.what about places like udi,nkanu,igbo etiti,eziagwu,udenu etc?
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Afam4eva(m): 6:34pm On Dec 22, 2011
asha 80:

seriously though enugu pics have been mainly enugu city infrastructure.what about places like udi,nkanu,igbo etiti,eziagwu,udenu etc?

Enugu still has a long way to go, so do other states. But at least Enugu is making giant strides with the little fund at it;s disposal.  I also don't want to believe the Enugu government has abandoned the interior parts of enugu as other small projects are also ongoing in those parts. Now, i've never seen pics of projects in Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka and the interior of Anambra state. I'll like someone to put me out of my mysery. Thanks.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Ejine(m): 6:38pm On Dec 22, 2011
Even if this man wins as Class Prefect, appeal court go still sack am.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by xtianh(m): 6:40pm On Dec 22, 2011
Andy again, wetin happin, ,each time i see him on the senate seat i always say to myself,will this man retain this seat? I hv been expectng this news all this while cus i knw is gna happen, so its nt a surprise to me, I must say that Peter Obi is also doing well in terms road costruction, when i was travelng to imo state n we got to Anambra instead of the driver taking d normal Ihiala road he took the newly constructd Azia road,that ws the first time i am plying on that road, it made our vry fast nd easy. But he stil has alot of work to do in Onitsha streets, that part of the state is an eye sore during d raining season,alot of pot holes,nd debries all over the town.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by dustydee: 6:46pm On Dec 22, 2011
After the elections were adjudged to be free,fair and credible? The judges must have been bribed.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Onlytruth(m): 6:47pm On Dec 22, 2011
Ejiné:

Even if this man wins as Class Prefect, appeal court go still sack am.

cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

Una go wound person for Nairaland.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by seanet02: 6:49pm On Dec 22, 2011
jmaine:

And the Clearance rages on . . .Nice one cool
Hypocrite
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by Onlytruth(m): 6:51pm On Dec 22, 2011
As "Eze Ndigbo Nairaland", I don't know whether to rejoice or cry. I don't want to offend anyone. However, I still have to say that the judiciary is the last hope for the common man; therefore , let the judgment be implemented to the last letter.  cool Ubochi ozo, onye obula akwusi izu oshi.  cool
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate by seanet02: 6:52pm On Dec 22, 2011
Onlytruth:

As "Eze Ndigbo Nairaland", I don't know whether to rejoice or cry. I don't want to offend anyone. However, I still have to say that the judiciary is the last hope for the common man; therefore , let the judgment be implemented to the last letter.  cool Ubochi ozo, onye obula akwusi izu oshi.  cool
Ibos don't have a straightforward mind before we don know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

$1.5bn Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail: FEC Gets Cost Overrun Request From Amaechi / President Buhari Will Campaign For All Apc Candidates / Gbajabiamila: Reps To Give Legal Backing To Social Investment Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.