Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,946 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's (23206 Views)

PHOTOS: Who Remembers This Family? / What is the most interesting TV program you have ever watched? / Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 30, 2011
The Little prince
manliness Tracy Detective~with speedy gonzalez
Care bears
Biker mice from mars
Muppet babies
ninja turtles
Silverhawks
not forgetting the old school spiderman  grin
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by AjanleKoko: 7:42pm On May 30, 2011
donspony:

The Little prince
manliness Tracy Detective~with speedy gonzalez
Care bears
Spider mice from mars
Muppet babies
ninja turtles
Silverhawks
not forgetting the old school spiderman  grin

You must mean TerraHawks.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by KDULAR: 7:44pm On May 30, 2011
inspector gadget, gloooobe trooterssss
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 7:45pm On May 30, 2011
KDULAR:

CAT A NOOGA CATS, DOG WONDER, THUNDERSUB, MOTOR MOUSE AND AUTOCAT, FLINT STONE, CAAPTAIN AMERICA,  SMOO, CLUE CLUB,  LOTS OF ANIMATION FROM GERMANY . IT WAS  FUN WATCHING THEM ON BLACK AND WHITE THOUGH. ANIMAL GAME ( CLASSIC) THE PUPPET SHOW CLASSIC FROM  NTA JOS ) UMGH! tongue smiley

Not just a classic. It was a MEGA CLASSIC. I still remember that puppet called crusher, that defended the little girl against the bully. There was one particular puppet that always sang "who will be my friend" lol, they where ugly looking puppets though.

Would have put Kiddie Vision 101 on that list but I just felt like it was too boring at the time.

Talking about NTA JOS who remembers any of these :

Behind the clouds

Willi Willi

Samanja

Icheokwu

The 3rd eye

mirror in the sun

Now ^^^^ these aren't cartoons but I loved watching them too. Damn NTA for not having a kind of archive where we could get this things.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 30, 2011
AjanleKoko:

You must mean TerraHawks.
There was a Silverhawk and then Terrahawks too.
The latter similar to Thunderbirds
[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNRzgB8PNtM[/flash]

Found it
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 7:53pm On May 30, 2011
@Phreakabit,

U made me shed tears just now while running down that list. Cry

I was one of those kids in Lagos then that loved watching TV so much.

Infact I had the programs schedule in my head(though i was still brilliant in school). My favourite cartoon was Voltron.

My younger sister loved the munch bunch then, though I never liked it much.She used to call it mbunchy-bunchy.

I am in my thirties now and still love cartoons, though not as much as I did then.
Children of these days are missing.

Yes bro I feel your words there. Cartoons back in the days would speak to your inner conscience and inspire, educate and motivate you, even the songs used then where more than enough to get you hooked . They have been  dumbed down nowadays and replaced with action content. However I am a HUGE fan of Manga and Anime . tongue
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by KDULAR: 7:58pm On May 30, 2011
THIS IS MAKING WISH I COULD TURN BACK THE HANDS OF TIME!
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 8:03pm On May 30, 2011
donspony:

There was a Silverhawk and then Terrahawks too.
The latter similar to Thunderbirds
[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNRzgB8PNtM[/flash]

Found it

Funny enough In Terrahawks my fav character apart from Hawkeye was Zeldas son Yung-Star aka Junior.Myself and my broda used to mimic they way he talks with a growl. What I really love about terrahawks is when they play the X and O game at the end its just so unpredictable.

THIS IS MAKING WISH  I COULD TURN BACK THE HANDS OF TIME!

Bro u are not alone on that one.

inspector gadget, gloooobe trooterssss

Can't believe I left out those two. Used to watch them on Clapperboard channel b4 they got defunct.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Tomishow(m): 8:20pm On May 30, 2011
pot of life
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by yek: 8:21pm On May 30, 2011
thundersub (aye aye sir),
danger mouse
Voltron (activate inner locks, *something*firms connected, infra cell up, mega thrusters on, ) , OMG ***LARGE GOOSE PIMPLES***

Kids these day have no idea.

, BTW where can i get these classics to buy (i'll prefer them on dvd)
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 8:30pm On May 30, 2011
yek:

thundersub (aye aye sir),
danger mouse
Voltron (activate inner locks,  *something*firms connected,  infra cell up,  mega thrusters on,  ) , OMG ***LARGE GOOSE PIMPLES***

Kids these day have no idea.

, BTW where can i get these classics to buy (i'll prefer them on dvd)

I watch them on Youtube. You can use Youtube downloader to rip them off youtube though. I hope you dont intend on flooding Alaba ? grin
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 8:35pm On May 30, 2011
Just remembered Barbapapas and Pingu too ( They where dumbly funny).
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by yek: 8:40pm On May 30, 2011
phreakabit:

I watch them on Youtube. You can use Youtube downloader to rip them off youtube though. I hope you dont intent on flooding Alaba ? grin

i'm hoping someone has already flooded Alaba. . .
its sooo much easier buying it from there. . . grin
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by omalicha16(f): 8:46pm On May 30, 2011
kids from 47a
banana split
caspar ant the angels
space ghost
globe trooters
popeye
atom ant
scoobydoo and scrappy doo
peter and his toy box
the thing
puppet play house (aunty suzzy)
we'll tell you a story
incredible schmoo
jossy and the pussy cats
top cats
the jetsons

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 8:53pm On May 30, 2011
Two more    The Count of Monte Cristo and the Famous five. Whew!!! I am exhausted.

omalicha16:

kids from 47a
banana split
caspar ant the angels
space ghost
globe trooters
popeye
atom ant
peter and his toy box
the thing
we'll tell you a story
incredible schmoo
jossy and the kitty cats
top cats
the jetsons

Based on peter and his toy box, I would guess you are from the same era as myself mid 80's. Am I right?
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by AjanleKoko: 9:04pm On May 30, 2011
Surprised that noboy has mentioned the Robonic Stooges, or even Animal Kwackers.
Those were big on NTA in the late 70s and very early 80s. The Stooges was part of a three part segment, with WonderWheels and The Skatebirds.

Animal Kwackers was a British musical show, similar to the Zingzillas of today (that's on CBeebies). Four costumed animals, Bongo, Rory, Twang, and Boots, were a 4-man band that belted out hits like the Beatles 'Yellow Submarine' in live performances. They were based in mythical Pop-land.

Here's their intro music. My interest in rock has its roots in this show, believe you me wink

[flash=640,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UZPE4iO5GM?version=3"[/flash]
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by omalicha16(f): 9:09pm On May 30, 2011
kids from 47a
banana split
caspar and the angels
space ghost
globe trooters
popeye
atom ant
peter and his toy box
the thing
we'll tell you a story
my little pony
the one with helga pataski, cannt remember the title

incredible schmoo
jossy and the pussy cats
top cats
the jetsons
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by AjanleKoko: 9:16pm On May 30, 2011
^^
The Thing . . . one of my personal favourites. Wisecracking Pile of Rocks.
Benjy Grimm vs Ranold Radford vs Spike what's his name, the leader of the Yancy Street gang.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 9:19pm On May 30, 2011
we'll tell you a story

^^^^ This one used to scatter my head back then. I still remember many of the stories/songs from it.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by omalicha16(f): 9:24pm On May 30, 2011
@phreakabit
the list is a combi of my hubby's 70's and my 80/90's.
yep u right on the 80's bit.
i really wish i could turn back the hands of time.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 30, 2011
i have allo allo 9 seasons, all episodes, envy me?!, i cud hook you up
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by maclatunji: 9:39pm On May 30, 2011
Popeye The Sailor Man, Looney Tunes, Pingu, The bear, The Tiger and the others, Felix The Cat, X-Men, The Amazing Spiderman (my personal favourite), Birdman (with his bird adventure), Scooby Doo and Scrappy Doo, Secret Squirrel, The Old Batman series (bang!, wack! thud!). The Fruities, Captain Planet, Plastic Man, The Wacky Races, Captain Caveman, Transformers.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by maclatunji: 9:44pm On May 30, 2011
gmyguy:

If you had every episode of Some Mothers Do Have Em, I would envy you!

2 Likes

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 9:50pm On May 30, 2011
gmyguy:

allo allo and faulty towers where massive back then. Rene is a lucky man sha oh! that guy dey enjoy cheesy

maclatunji:

If you had every episode of Some Mothers Do Have Em, I would envy you!

I second that
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by pereze: 9:52pm On May 30, 2011
All these aje-akamu pikin them, we no go hear word for una again abi?
Thank God I been de read dauda 'cartoon' then and some orishirishi movies wey no get name.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by vanessaven(f): 9:56pm On May 30, 2011
This one too!!!
grin grin grin

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by maclatunji: 10:31pm On May 30, 2011
Just remembered Mickey Mouse, Goofy, The Thing, Darkwing Duck, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Kidvideo, Crazy Wild Kids, Duck Tales with Scrooge and Donald Duck, Freakazoid.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Bisjosh(f): 11:13pm On May 30, 2011
oh my God!!!!!!! I loved CARE BEARS,FLINSTONES,SIMPSONS and INSPECTOR GADGET.there's one like dat, they are penguins(they dnt speak english and they eat fish)
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by KDULAR: 11:24pm On May 30, 2011
fANTASTIC FOUR , ( THING RING DO YOUYR THING) THE THING. BOPS YOU NO LIE ! CHECK OUT OUR AJEPAKO HOLIDAY YEARNS AND ACTING OF SOME OF THE CARTOONS wink wink wink YOU CAN'T BEAT OUR INGENUITY , SO NATURAL INNOCENT REWARDING AND STIMULATINNNG BACK IN THE 80S
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Bisjosh(f): 11:32pm On May 30, 2011
box bunny(d rabbit that loves to eat carrots)
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by KDULAR: 11:36pm On May 30, 2011
dukula duck, popeye, ( not really a fan of though)
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by kabukabu50(m): 12:29am On May 31, 2011
I can't believe someone actually rembeered Terra-Hawks ;DThat was one of my favourite shows on NTA Benin.Just watched the opening theme on youtube.

One show I can't remember from back in the days was about some kids and a cowboy who lived in the countryside in the US.I think it was Ranger somethin?It was action packed too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: TECNO Challenges Housemates With Thrilling Tasks / Adekunle And Venita Rip Pere Apart As Drama Roleplay Turns More Dramatic / What Is The Difference Producer And Executive Producer On A Movie Set?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.