Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's (23275 Views)

PHOTOS: Who Remembers This Family? / What is the most interesting TV program you have ever watched? / Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by kabukabu50(m): 12:48am On May 31, 2011
phreakabit:

allo allo and faulty towers where massive back then. Rene is a lucky man sha oh! that guy dey enjoy cheesy

I second that

Now you got on youtube hunting down all these old cartoons, darn G force/thundersub, I really miss those days,wonder if there are any full episodes that could be downloaded?
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by vanessaven(f): 1:07am On May 31, 2011
Starchaser, the legend of Orin.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 8:31am On May 31, 2011
All these aje-akamu pikin them, we no go hear word for una again abi?
Thank God I been de read dauda 'cartoon' then and some orishirishi movies wey no get name.

Commot there Jor! You think say I no read Ikebe super sef? My neighbors Uncle had a huge stash of them, so we'll just steal them when he wasn't around read them and return b4 he gets back.Come to think of it, that guy go don old wella now oh! And just so you know back then there were more middle class families than poor ones (the reverse is the case now).

I can't believe someone actually rembeered Terra-Hawks ;DThat was one of my favourite shows on NTA Benin.Just watched the opening theme on youtube.

One show I can't remember from back in the days was about some kids and a cowboy who lived in the countryside in the US.I think it was Ranger somethin?It was action packed too.

Wild guess : Galaxy Rangers or Brave Starr ?
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by maclatunji: 8:49am On May 31, 2011
Bisjosh:

box bunny(d rabbit that loves to eat carrots)

Na bugs bunny (Where did you get the box from?). Add to the list the Little Prince, dungeons and dragons, Titeuf came much later but it was really funny. I remember a party sometime in the past. It was amazing how all the kids disappeared when it was 3.30pm all because they wanted to watch Samurai X. That cartoon had kids spell-bound, unbelievably so.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 9:06am On May 31, 2011
maclatunji:

Na bugs bunny (Where did you get the box from?). Add to the list the Little Prince, dungeons and dragons, Titeuf came much later but it was really funny. I remember a party sometime in the past. It was amazing how all the kids disappeared when it was 3.30pm all because they wanted to watch Samurai X. That cartoon had kids spell-bound, unbelievably so.

That was a Manga Cartoon. The first one i ever watched was Ninja Scroll thanks to DBN. and then I discovered cartoon network on cable . . . . . . . . .The rest is history. grin

Like I said B4 still keep a huge collection of Manga and Anime . Going to try build a cartoon stash as collectors item. My friend owns a comic stash already.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by agitator: 11:28am On May 31, 2011
kabukabu50:

One show I can't remember from back in the days was about some kids and a cowboy who lived in the countryside in the US.I think it was Ranger somethin?It was action packed too.

Fury
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by ivy1234(f): 12:12pm On May 31, 2011
Who remembers Tom Grattan's War?
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by blackchief(m): 2:27pm On May 31, 2011
Mr moon magic circus
famous five
The Adventure of Tom Sawyer
Harlem Globtrotters
Learning Tree
Great space coaster
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:23pm On May 31, 2011
Space: 1999
CHIPS
HAWAII Five-0
Love Boat
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 5:35pm On May 31, 2011
Snagglepuss
Pink Panther
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by blackmann(m): 7:06pm On May 31, 2011
This is a story about an ordinary teddy bear. . .
When he was made, they found something wrong with him. . .
And threw him away like a piece of rubbish into an old dark storeroom,
Then, from outer space, a spotty man, brought him to life with his cosmic dust!

He took him to a magic cloud where Mother Nature gave him special powers. . .
That bear became. . . . .[size=15pt]SUPERTED![/size]
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 7:33pm On May 31, 2011
blackmann:

This is a story about an ordinary teddy bear. . .
When he was made, they found something wrong with him. . .
And threw him away like a piece of rubbish into an old dark storeroom,
Then, from outer space, a spotty man, brought him to life with his cosmic dust!

He took him to a magic cloud where Mother Nature gave him special powers. . .
That bear became. . . . .[size=15pt]SUPERTED![/size]

Reading that speech now that I am older makes me wonder if Super Ted was hooked on coke?
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by pereze: 9:24pm On May 31, 2011
Omo, I watched super Ted the other day on youtube and couldn't understand why it caught my fascination at all. Even the song was sounding off key to me now.
That is why I believe Tom and Jerry is the best of the best , till date I still watch it. Tales by moonlight is now a yahoo messenger!
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by seyibrown(f): 10:52pm On May 31, 2011
Memories! Memories! Memories!  grin  grin  grin!  Thanks for the lists phreakabit!  grin Any (past) fans of Prime people and Vintage people here  cheesy  grin??
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by blackmann(m): 12:42am On Jun 01, 2011
whoo remembers this as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hgHvOH9mJA
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by chijane1(f): 9:38am On Jun 01, 2011
I REMEMBER THE FAMOUS FIVE AS ONE OF THE CHILDREN'S PROGRAMME OF THE 80'S.QUITE INTRESTING THOUGH I CAN'T REMEBER THE NAMES OF THOSE FIVE KIDS AND THEIR DOG BUT ONE THING FOR SURE,IT WAS A MUST WATCH FOR ME I N THOSE DAYS I WAS IN PRIMARY SCHOOL.GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY I WILL NOT HESTITATE TO WATCH THE DRAMA OVER AND OVER AGAIN, ONCE THE PROGRAMME WAS OVER YOU SEE THEM RUNING ALONG WITH THEIR SMART DOG WHILE A SONG,WE ARE THE FAMOUS FIVEEEEEEEEEE. WILL BE PLAYING AT THE BACKGROUND
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by AjanleKoko: 10:02am On Jun 01, 2011
chi jane:

I REMEMBER THE FAMOUS FIVE AS ONE OF THE CHILDREN'S PROGRAMME OF THE 80'S.QUITE INTRESTING THOUGH I CAN'T REMEBER THE NAMES OF THOSE FIVE KIDS AND THEIR DOG BUT ONE THING FOR SURE,IT WAS A MUST WATCH FOR ME I N THOSE DAYS I WAS IN PRIMARY SCHOOL.GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY I WILL NOT HESTITATE TO WATCH THE DRAMA OVER AND OVER AGAIN, ONCE THE PROGRAMME WAS OVER  YOU SEE THEM RUNING ALONG WITH THEIR SMART DOG WHILE A SONG,WE ARE THE FAMOUS FIVEEEEEEEEEE. WILL BE PLAYING AT THE BACKGROUND

twas 4 kids and a dog.
Julian, Richard (short form though) and Ann. George(ina), and Timmy the dog.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by johnnyb1(m): 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo0D6bzxLLw&feature=related.

Its so strange that NO ONE has even mentioned CAPTAIN PLANET, or am i the only 1 who's been watching that or what. Well for those who did just feel me with the closing theme song on the link above

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by maclatunji: 5:06pm On Jun 01, 2011
johnny b:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo0D6bzxLLw&feature=related.

Its so strange that NO ONE has even mentioned CAPTAIN PLANET, or am i the only 1 who's been watching that or what. Well for those who did just feel me with the closing theme song on the link above
I mentioned it before. I think it is almost criminal that I forgot Top Cat and Yogi Bear.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by ChiDalu1: 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2011
Oh my God!!. . . sweet memories there phreakabit. Those were the days of quality children TV programs. I miss my childhoooood!!! cry cry cry

Remember Rent-a-Ghost, Robin Hood, Kiddie vision 101, Speak out Goshhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phreakabit(m): 11:33am On Jun 03, 2011
Chi-Dalu:

Oh my God!!. . . sweet memories there phreakabit. Those were the days of quality children TV programs. I miss my childhoooood!!! cry cry cry

Remember Rent-a-Ghost, Robin Hood, Kiddie vision 101, Speak out Goshhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Kinda reminds me of junior debate. I still laugh at a friend who was on Junior debate an totally forgot everything he had memorized. kept on tapping the top of his head. RFLMAO!!
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by cheatguy1(m): 1:31pm On Jun 05, 2011
Longert memories then, we watch NTA CHANEL 10, NTA2 CHANEL 5 THEN D U REMEMBER ON LTV THEN WE WATCH FILmS THEN IE
d tin
mr e
birdman
frago rock
secimi street
spierman
who could remember goodnes
oliva twist
nicolas nicoby
do u remember d playS
miror in d sun
THE THIRD EYE
BEHIND D CLOUD
CHECK MATE
RIPELS
HUMMM I DON TEE
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by kobindifm: 11:28pm On Jun 06, 2011
Please someone help me wit the name of this children's show. Hound is in d name. Me and my brother called the show after ourselves "Kobi and Nonso". And yes over 20yrs later we never knew the actual name of the show

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by AjanleKoko: 12:11am On Jun 07, 2011
kobindifm:

Please someone help me wit the name of this children's show. Hound is in d name. Me and my brother called the show after ourselves "Kobi and Nonso". And yes over 20yrs later we never knew the actual name of the show

Did you read the first post on this thread?
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by kobindifm: 12:15am On Jun 07, 2011
Oh. Thank u. I am an absolute bat. I am the happiest persn eva.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by honeymix77(m): 2:18am On Jun 10, 2011
Am hapi someone started dis topic. but i have not seen simon templer, Alvin and the chip monks, dino riders, godzila, cosby show, duck tales, dennis the menace, sonic the hedgehog, captain cave man and the teen angel. life was too sweet then. even if it was black and white and we had to wait till 4 pm b4 watching tv.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 17, 2011
For u to remember dis shows in d 80's means d generation of dis present youth online right now would fall btw age range of min 25-37max. Am happy i witnessed d internet technology. I loved dr who, and pinky and d brain.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by AjanleKoko: 4:05pm On Oct 17, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

CHIPS
HAWAII Five-0
Love Boat

Bros dem say[b] Childrens' Program[/b] na grin
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by lekside44(m): 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

yes space 1999, that is one of the best sci fi i have ever watched. in fact it is one of the greatest motivator which developed my interest in science. even at later years when i was opportune to watch a re aired episode of one of the series, i saw that the story line even follows actual theories in science that makes it more real than the likes of star trek. it was my first orientation to AI where crews asked computers 4 possible solutions and video calls where crew calls one another seeing each other on a tv monitor
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by lumargin: 4:43pm On Dec 26, 2011
I am trying to remember 2 programmes from NTA 2 Channel 5:

One was aired on a weekday evening (Tuesdays or Wednesdays) about 2 boys in a huge somewhat haunted castle with a butler & maid. It was british and set in the 18th or 17th century. The castle or humongous house they lived it had all sorts of secret passage ways e.g. like a book case turning to a door that led to another section of the chamber

The second one aired on Saturday evenings in the late 80s it was set on a farm with very rough looking people - I cannot tell if it was American or British because I could not distinguish accents at the time. But it was about white settlers in a village living in very rough conditions in the 19th century. There were punishments like flogging, hanging and loads of guns. Their main means of transportation was by horse back and the main actor was a dark long haired chap & all the actors looked dirty most times. Thinking about it, it must have been american.

I would give anything to get the names of these two programmes.
What a huge shame NTA 2 Channel 5 does not even have a website!!!
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by phantom(m): 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2011
Cant believe you guys forgot ' footsteps' and '321 contact' or did i miss it? BTW i bought voltron; defender of the universe about 3 months ago at a roadside CD shop here in PH, so it should be in lagos for those of you who are looking to get it, but i must warn you that you ll get pounded by nostalgia to point of tears.I GUARANTEE IT. Lol.
Re: Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's by kokoA(m): 10:46pm On Dec 29, 2011
phantom:

Cant believe you guys forgot ' footsteps' and '321 contact'

cry cry cry cry Oh! I remember! I hate getting old cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Was AIT Crew Not Part Of The Presidential Media Chat? / Many Nigerian Actors Live On Past Glory—ramsey Nouah / Bbnaija Retains Ebuka As Host For 2019 Tv Reality Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.