Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Give A Gift With Conditions And Taking It Back. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Give A Gift With Conditions And Taking It Back. (617 Views)

Have You Ever Bought A Gift To Your Gf And You Regret it afterwards. / Is She Taking It Too Fast? Your Advice Seriously Needed. / Why Are Some Naija Chics Scared Of Taking It From The Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give A Gift With Conditions And Taking It Back. by dealordea(m): 1:05pm On May 28, 2011
I was told this story earlier by a friend about someone we both know.

This man is a very wealthy, less than refined country boy. Nice enough guy, really. I can only take him in small doses, personally. He's a bit bragadocious and mouthy, always talking about how much pull he has and what he can do to people who cross him.

It seems he gave each of his siblings 100K for Christmas last year with the condition that they sign a contract that states they will put the money in accounts that he opened in his name and theirs. There is also the condition that if they buy anything that requires a deed or title, it would be in both their names. This, supposedly, is for tax reasons since it is such a large sum of money being gifted. There are 4 siblings. Two of them tore up the contract and deposited the cashiers checks. Two did as he asked.

Now, he and his sister, who signed the contract, got into an argument over him not wanting to help her son out of a jam (he seems to get in trouble all the time). She got angry and told him he was dead to her for not helping. He went today and emptied her account of the money that was left from what he gave her.

What are your thoughts on the gift along with the contract? What are your thoughts on him taking the money back from his sister?
To me real Gift don't come with strings,
Re: Give A Gift With Conditions And Taking It Back. by 190: 1:05pm On May 28, 2011
^u start a lot of threads and never talk about it

we are tired undecided
Re: Give A Gift With Conditions And Taking It Back. by dealordea(m): 1:07pm On May 28, 2011
@190, Read/respond , then if i have any thing to say, i will respond, Peace out
Re: Give A Gift With Conditions And Taking It Back. by Ekpoma1: 1:29pm On May 28, 2011
Thank u poster. U finally suceeded in taking bck 2 my bed.
Re: Give A Gift With Conditions And Taking It Back. by 190: 1:47pm On May 28, 2011
deal_ordea:

@190, Read/respond , then if i have any thing to say, i will respond, Peace out

So you talk shocked shocked shocked
Re: Give A Gift With Conditions And Taking It Back. by Dyt(f): 1:52pm On May 28, 2011
Cat even get d head nor d tail
Re: Give A Gift With Conditions And Taking It Back. by dealordea(m): 1:53pm On May 28, 2011
So you talk

I do talk when it is important, So mind the way u limp Jerk
Re: Give A Gift With Conditions And Taking It Back. by 190: 3:19pm On May 28, 2011
^I thought u were dumb dumbo undecided
Re: Give A Gift With Conditions And Taking It Back. by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 28, 2011
@poster
- this man had his own reasons why he forced them into signing a contract. there is no need to dwell on that.
- sister signed the contract so so therefore should abide by the rules?!
- i certainly would have done exactly the same thing, as a "dead person" cannot offer gift!
- not all gifts are the same.
Re: Give A Gift With Conditions And Taking It Back. by Dsense(m): 11:07pm On May 28, 2011
deal_ordea:

I do talk when it is important, So mind the way u limp Jerk

grin grin grin grin grin grin

OP.
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
- this man had his own reasons why he forced them into signing a contract. there is no need to dwell on that.
- sister signed the contract so so therefore should abide by the rules?!
- i certainly would have done exactly the same thing, as a "dead person" cannot offer gift!
- not all gifts are the same.
Re: Give A Gift With Conditions And Taking It Back. by Mynd44: 3:50am On May 29, 2011
The agreement was signed so she should live it
Re: Give A Gift With Conditions And Taking It Back. by iice(f): 5:27am On May 29, 2011
If you do not like the terms then don't take the deal.
Anyway. . .its more a contract than a gift.
Re: Give A Gift With Conditions And Taking It Back. by 190: 9:11am On May 29, 2011
D-sense:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

OP.

(1) (Reply)

Make Unna Helepu Me, Abeg! / Romance Tid Bits / In Open Relationship"and "it Is Complicated"is Act Of Stupidity In Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.