Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,413 members, 7,958,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:56 AM

The Main Reason Why So Many Marriages And Ltr Don't Last - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Main Reason Why So Many Marriages And Ltr Don't Last (1674 Views)

Here Are The Mistakes That Are Crashing Many Marriages / You Need To Learn From This! - 7 Bad Habits That Have Destroyed Many Marriages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Main Reason Why So Many Marriages And Ltr Don't Last by dealordea(m): 1:17pm On May 28, 2011
You compare the rate relationships breakup today compared to 20-30 years ago the change is huge. Obviously there are a number of reasons but a main one for mine is Unrealistic expectations.

People generally have a much lower tolerance for problems/issues today than historically. Take this forum as an example look at how many people on here seems to have a crack in the brain , ? 60% from memory, That is just one Isolated issue, there are so many.
Re: The Main Reason Why So Many Marriages And Ltr Don't Last by Dyt(f): 1:55pm On May 28, 2011
N wats dis?
Re: The Main Reason Why So Many Marriages And Ltr Don't Last by lashontae(f): 1:57pm On May 28, 2011
Re: The Main Reason Why So Many Marriages And Ltr Don't Last by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 28, 2011
Good point op.

I tend to break up often with guys IF AND ONLY IF,

they are playing games and I am tired of it.
I know at one time we women would have had to deal with
it but this is a new age and I have plans with my life. . .

i shouldn't waste my time and have to feel like I am either raising my man
or like I am his daughter. I expect to be treated with respect
and the relationship be 50/50, that is not asking for too much.
Re: The Main Reason Why So Many Marriages And Ltr Don't Last by 190: 4:09pm On May 28, 2011
And to top it off,the likes of Oprah,Tyra,Queen Latifah are looking for ladies to be single like them.I mean Oprah has had a live in boyfriend for over a decade.What's that,and she's supposed to be a role model.That's why she discredits the bible to make her look good.These women have sacrificed what could be happy homes for career success.Do I begrudge them?Heaven forbid.I rather respect their achievements,but they'd do better than propound the idea that it's the ideal thing to be single and be all you can be.Then in their forties and loaded to the teeth,they come to realise that there's no child not to talk of the possibility of a grand child then they start looking for one fine guy to impregnate them.And the cycle continues, blah blah blah,
(Fresh dude 2011)

with the likes of feminist these days

Marriage would be difficult to endure, Well not all women tend to be feminist in general

while one might be one and causing problems to her man, the door might open for another 3 women to walk straight into that man's life

How can such marriage last?
Re: The Main Reason Why So Many Marriages And Ltr Don't Last by Godmother(f): 5:48pm On Nov 09, 2011
Most dont last because pple marry for their interest and not neccesarily for love
Re: The Main Reason Why So Many Marriages And Ltr Don't Last by kokoye(m): 5:58pm On Nov 09, 2011
Marriages are now business deals.

(1) (Reply)

One Day Lingerie Sale In Lagos / Why Would A Lady Ask A Guy About His Genotype? / 9 Characteristic Of A Perfect Man (according To Women)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.