Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,074 members, 7,852,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:42 PM

I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? (32310 Views)

I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / Father From Anambra Disowns His Son On Newspaper (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kooldame: 7:20pm On Sep 29, 2021
Just a kiss on the lips not deep kissing like lovers kiss,then nothing is wrong with that.The bond btw mother and child is very strong,and the baby is still fragile,he needs motherly love and affection.Do you know what we mothers pass thru during d journey of nine months before putting to bed?Pls don't create unnecessary drama if that's the only way your wife can display her affection for her cute baby pls don't deprive her as the baby advances in age she would stop,just be patient.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Qatar2022: 7:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
Romanoff:

You can tell the maid she's not to do it.

That's why it's even important to run tests on your maids before taking them.
You can tell your maid not to do it but if you went out do you know what is going on in your house? That's why we should be careful of what we do in front of our maid or kids
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by AsianTotal: 7:33pm On Sep 29, 2021
The hypocrisy and idiocy on this thread is annoying.
Since it is very okay for mothers to kiss their sons the All Fathers Here Should Make Sure They Kiss Their Baby Daughters On The Lips Too.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Exodora: 7:42pm On Sep 29, 2021
Though is very wrong to kiss babies in the mouth or faces cause they could be infected, but here we are talking about the mother .
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kingpin1000: 7:47pm On Sep 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Are you saying your behavior did not change at all as a result of the abuse? undecided

Why won't a child's behaviour change
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Sep 29, 2021
Kingpin1000:
Why won't a child's behaviour change
You said that there was no way for your parents to have noticed because you weren't a gal and I wonder if you meant that that experience did not cause a change big enough for your parents to have noticed. undecided
That's typically how parents notice these things... by monitoring change in behavior. undecided
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by TinaG(f): 7:52pm On Sep 29, 2021
Very wrong, how would you feel if she tells you not to bath your little daughter? You tell strangers not to kiss your children n not your partner.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kingpin1000: 8:06pm On Sep 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You said that there was no way for your parents to have noticed because you weren't a gal and I wonder if you meant that that experience did not cause a change big enough for your parents to have noticed. undecided
That's typically how parents notice these things... by monitoring change in behavior. undecided

Most times when female toddlers get molested, it's the mother who first notices, maybe while bathing the child.
mothers do examine their female kids to see if there's any mark of molestation the way they will be the first to notice if their daughter is pregnant sometimes even before the woman notices it and with interrogation the child will say what happened to her.
In a boy's case only few mothers will look out for any sign of molestation to her boy.
Also male children tend not to be too dramatic about situations like that, so far as they don't feel physical pain they tend not make it a big deal.
It becomes a big deal when the child doesn't like such play and you force the child by instilling fear in that child.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by teemy(m): 8:08pm On Sep 29, 2021
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
Kingpin1000:

Most times when female toddlers get molested, it's the mother who first notices, maybe while bathing the child.
mothers do examine their female kids to see if there's any mark of molestation the way they will be the first to notice if their daughter is pregnant sometimes even before the woman notices it and with interrogation the child will say what happened to her.
In a boy's case only few mothers will look out for any sign of molestation to her boy.
Also male children tend not to be too dramatic about situations like that, so far as they don't feel physical pain they tend not make it a big deal.

It becomes a big deal when the child doesn't like such play and you force the child by instilling fear in that child.
But not all mothers are guilty of these things you relate here. undecided
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 8:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
teemy:
Check time 1:16 to 2:12
Why should I check a random video of some random guy whose opinions means nothing in the end? undecided
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Aarenasbaba(m): 8:18pm On Sep 29, 2021
angry sad sad sad sad sad angry angry Where were you when she was carrying the babe in her womb.... Don't pick unnecessary quarrel with ur wife, people may start having bad motives about you to your daughter self
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Igwetech: 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
My dear nothing is wrong with it. Almost all mother's do it to their new born baby. It's a way of showing love
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by teemy(m): 8:30pm On Sep 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why should I check a random video of some random guy whose opinions means nothing in the end? undecided

@ topic, The OP made mention that a young girl in the house could see the expression of affection and want to replicate such. Tying to tell the girl otherwise could cause a form of confusion in her which she might decide on her own definition when she grows up. Yorubas have a word called 'boju mu' meaning appropriate.

Cheeks, foreheads are there and I sure did my own shave of kissing my kids but where appropriate which was why I could correct when one of them wanted to kiss a baby on the lips which did not make mummy and daddy kissing a confusing thing because I could define kissing on the lips as for lovers only.

The video excerpt was an extract to buttress 'boju mu'. wink*
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Midas01: 8:31pm On Sep 29, 2021
By your logic the man should breastfeed his son na since what a man can do a woman can do right ?
illicit:
She is taking it too far

If a man can not kiss his daughter as such, why should a woman do such to her son

Remember that what a man can do, a woman can do worse

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by illicit(m): 8:33pm On Sep 29, 2021
Midas01:
By your logic the man should breastfeed his son na since what a man can do a woman can do right ?

Logically, men don't have breasts to feed children....
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2021
teemy:
@ topic, The OP made mention that a young girl in the house could see the expression of affection and want to replicate such. Tying to tell the girl otherwise could cause a form of confusion in her which she might decide on her own definition when she grows up. Yorubas have a word called 'boju mu' meaning appropriate.

Cheeks, foreheads are there and I sure did my own shave of kissing my kids but where appropriate which was why I could correct when one of them wanted to kiss a baby on the lips which did not make mummy and daddy kissing a confusing thing because I could define kissing on the lips as for lovers only.

The video excerpt was an extract to buttress 'boju mu'. wink*
If she does not accept, you kick her out. It is as simple as that. A family is not made up of a man, wife, children and housemaid. undecided
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by batb: 8:42pm On Sep 29, 2021
You are Wrong!
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by heartbeat84: 8:43pm On Sep 29, 2021
That u were sexually abused in the past should not allow you take any decision tha may eventually send u into permanent exile. the child belongs to the both of u, so what's the fuss about her mouthing the child??
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by gambit25: 8:46pm On Sep 29, 2021
Mouth wey wife take suck thick dick, still dey use am kiss succulent baby lips, omashe oooohhh.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by euniquea(f): 8:52pm On Sep 29, 2021
There is no mother that has not, did not,will not,do not, does not kiss their babies....do u no how many times your mother kissed you when u were a baby... I still remembered my mom chewing food for my baby sister to eat... I'm sure if she tries that madam load will be outside for trying to poison your "son"
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by LANRYUS(m): 8:54pm On Sep 29, 2021
Bornsinner7:
I see nothing wrong as it is her child.. that you were sexualy abused have left a scar in your memory but you have to deal with it..

Maybe you should let her understand your point of view rather than just prohibiting her authoritatively from the act...

Everybody loves the feel of the lips of babies bro.. don't be mad..

It is very wrong. I made that mistake and my son end up having tonsillitis. It took the intervention of God and medical care but now he has outgrown it. The reason is that there are some bacteria that adults has already developed immunity for which can easily become an issue for children.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Lokojatoofar: 8:54pm On Sep 29, 2021
bobontop:
My wife is fond of kissing my 6months boy in the mouth. I personally don't like this and I have told her to stop it but she refused.

This issue in causing a serious argument in my home and I want to take a serious action since she has refused to stop it.

Please I need advice from experienced parents.

I was abused sexual as a child by a cousin staying with us and there are cases of incest around me. I don't want any of this to happen to my son.

The teenage girl staying with us always sees my wife kissing my son in the mouth and I am afraid she my copy it and start doing it.

Please am I wrong? Am I over reacting? Is it a normal practice? Please advise me.

I hope you also made sure he did not come in contact with her vagina during birth? Cos your house help might know that and make him touch her p@$#
Just kidding...... grin
I understand your worries and she herself is a troublesome wife. Why can't she stop if she knows your story and worries? Some spouses are terrible partners. That said, if you decide to take serious action, please see it to the end cos if you surrender half way your wife will just think you are not worth listening to.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by HRSweetness(f): 8:58pm On Sep 29, 2021
JovialJune:
Nothing wrong with it, she will stop when he is close to a year or like 9 months, I stopped kissing my babies when they started walking at 10 months, it is just a show of motherly affection.

Just ensure to let him know that kisses are shared between members of his nuclear family only.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Asswipemod: 8:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
bobontop:
My wife is fond of kissing my 6months boy in the mouth. I personally don't like this and I have told her to stop it but she refused.

This issue in causing a serious argument in my home and I want to take a serious action since she has refused to stop it.

I was abused sexual as a child by a cousin staying with us and there are cases of incest around me. I don't want any of this to happen to my son.

The teenage girl staying with us always sees my wife kissing my son in the mouth and I am afraid she my copy it and start doing it.

Please am I wrong? Am I over reacting? Is it a normal practice? Please advise me.

Yes you are.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Asswipemod: 9:01pm On Sep 29, 2021
LANRYUS:

It is very wrong. I made that mistake and my son end up having tonsillitis. It took the intervention of God and medical care but now he has outgrown it. The reason is that there are some bacteria that adults has already developed immunity for which can easily become an issue for children.

Oga, go and do a grneral overhaul of your mouth o. If you bite somebody, na death o.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 9:05pm On Sep 29, 2021
euniquea:
There is no mother that has not, did not,will not,do not, does not kiss their babies....do u no how many times your mother kissed you when u were a baby... I still remembered my mom chewing food for my baby sister to eat... I'm sure if she tries that madam load will be outside for trying to poison your "son"
Abi oo! undecided
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Akinboyo1: 9:18pm On Sep 29, 2021
Many people see it as a normal thing but it is a wrong practice as it is not hygienic for the baby. It is wrong for anybody to kiss a baby.

I advise you to take it likely with your wife.
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Sep 29, 2021
Akinboyo1:
Many people see it as a normal thing but it is a wrong practice as it is not hygienic for the baby. It is wrong for anybody to kiss a baby.

I advise you to take it likely with your wife.
So it is also unhygienic for a mother to chew food and then feed it to her baby, abi? undecided
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Lambarry1: 9:35pm On Sep 29, 2021
Oga na Jealousy go kiii you. Lol. Ya 6 month old don take over madam breast completely now he is also having her love and attention fulltime..hahaha
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by Charx122: 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2021
bobontop:

Oga are you seeking for attention? Don't worry you would soon give birth to a baby girl ..you can give her some kisses too these no harm in it... except your thinking other wise..
Re: I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? by emmyN(m): 9:45pm On Sep 29, 2021
Chigorkizz:

Oh!! So she can't infect the child with breast disease.

Very stupid question

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners / My Wife Says I Am Not Romantic After 10years Of Marriage / Jilted Pregnant Lady Storms Church With Schnapps, Curses Would-be Couple, Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.