Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,280 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

"Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents (10388 Views)

RRS Team And Taskforce Patrols Lagos, Assures Residents Of Safety / Resume Nightlife In Owerri- CP Yaro Assures Residents / Hakeem Odumosu And Folashade Omotade Wedding (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by Lanrelagboi: 9:56pm On Sep 29, 2021
‘DON'T PANIC. LAGOS IS SAFE',
LAGOS CP ASSURES RESIDENTS

The attention of the Lagos State Police Command has been drawn to a trending post on the social media about obviously exaggerated kidnapping incidents in Lagos State recently.

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, CP Hakeem Odumosu wishes to assure residents that Lagos State is safe, and that they should not panic on account of the viral post or the recent security infringement in Ajah where AVM Sikiru Smith (rtd) was abducted on 27th September, 2021.

The assurance becomes imperative in view of the unnecessary alarm and concerns being raised on the social media about isolated security infractions in some parts of the state.

The victim who was kidnapped in Festac on Sunday 26th September, 2021 has been rescued and reunited with his family. Operatives of the Command are being tactical so as not to jeopardize the lives of the AVM and the pastor. Concerted efforts are ongoing to rescue them and arrest their abductors in due course.

In view of the foregoing, the Commissioner of Police wishes to state that the isolated incidents notwithstanding, Lagos State is, and will remain one of the safest states in Nigeria.

To allay the fear of the people, therefore, the Command has restrategized to provide watertight security for all law-abiding residents of the State. The Commissioner of Police has given standing order to all field Commanders, tactical unit Commanders, other uniformed and plain-clothed police officers to intensify visibility Policing, vehicular patrol as well as intelligence-driven raid of all flashpoints/blackspots and identified criminal hideouts to smoke out men of the underworld hibernating in them.

The CP also wishes to state that the Police Command is conscious of its statutory duties of protecting lives and property among other duties, and would not for any reason or at any time abdicate these important duties.

While still pleading with members of the public to believe in police's ability to protect them at all times, the Commissioner of Police once again solicits the support of the public, sister agencies and other strategic partners by giving prompt but actionable intelligence that would further decimate criminal elements and their nefarious activities in the state.

SIGNED:

CSP ADEKUNLE AJISEBUTU (ANIPR),
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
LAGOS STATE COMMAND.

https://twitter.com/greaterlagosng/status/1443317739368718340?s=21

1 Like

Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by Xscape1993(m): 9:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
You said what? I love this.
Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by Commentor: 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2021
We don't want internally displaced people from the east please.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by temitope27(m): 10:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
Who is panicking b4? Abi dis one dey craze ni

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by Treasure17(m): 10:57pm On Sep 29, 2021
Lagos is not safe. Just do your job.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by Damidave1124(m): 4:58am On Sep 30, 2021
Nowhere is safe in Nigeria presently, they are not exaggerating anything.
Insecurities everywhere. May God help us

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by Decentdave(m): 5:06am On Sep 30, 2021
No be POLICE . police wey no dey reliable undecided
No where is SAFE in Nigeria. Na God dey help us
Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by Trumann: 5:06am On Sep 30, 2021
Lagos is not in anyway safe. Last week, those criminals at Ojota coming from the landfill at Olusosun nearly attacked me in the vehicle. I had to come down and use a weapon I had in the car to chase them before they ran away.

VEHINTOLAR:

Lol ! Trust me,nobody intended to attack you in the first place ! Which weapon did you have in your car that would make "boys" run away if they had intended to attack you ? I'm sure, those guys you felt wanted to "attack" you only wanted to beg you for some alms. You better don't wish yourself evil because if you're actually marked for an attack,whatever imaginary or real weapon you might have in your car wouldn't be able to safe you !

You have never seen those bad boys in action before and that's why you're cheast beating here,apparently.

You are very ignorant and dumb. About 2 months ago, Mr. Governor personally arrested some traffic robbers in that area. You are here yapping nonsense.
Those bad boys operate from behind Adisa Akintoye near tipper and they come from the bowler pit behind Olusosun and from Ajelogo. They snatch phones and stab motorists.
I know their modus because me sef, I be ọmọ àdúgbò can match them craze for craze.

Oponu, If you don't know something, you open your ears and shut up your mouth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by jojothaiv(m): 5:10am On Sep 30, 2021
We need to be optimistic but we shouldn't be laid back and think it's all good outside.

It's a dog eat dog world

1 Like

Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:12am On Sep 30, 2021
God bless Lagos State.

A state like no other.

If dem born any terrorist organizations well, make dem carry dem madness enter Lagos.
Na only one Kala dem go chop.
Awon werey 100%.

Again,
God bless Lagos State.
God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by wizygreat2000(m): 5:16am On Sep 30, 2021
Lagos is Safe is like telling Lie Muhammed not to lie to Nigerian's

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by BluntCrazeMan: 5:23am On Sep 30, 2021
Let's Take This With A Pinch Of Salt..
Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by NoFucksToGive: 5:30am On Sep 30, 2021
Safe indeed

With robbery and kidnapping left right and center . The agberos have decided to join the kidnapping game and now everyone is scared you say it safe. Idiotic man .

No where in Nigeria is safe not even Abuja were the president sits

1 Like

Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by F117nighthawk: 5:33am On Sep 30, 2021
Talk is cheap, I am sure deep down in his mind, he knows it's only an audio statement, who is safe in this animal jungle called Nigeria? Police that are being killed like chickens everywhere, even the police men knows they are not safe
Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by omoyankee3(m): 5:38am On Sep 30, 2021
mmmhh....it is well
Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by sammirano: 5:42am On Sep 30, 2021
Na we get here
Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by AkinadeVenture(m): 5:43am On Sep 30, 2021
Please CP, kindly ensure that police and other security agencies are stationed at and around The whole of Ojota interchange through to Ketu.

There is almost a daily attack on motorist and passenger.
Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by nedekid: 5:51am On Sep 30, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
Safe indeed

With robbery and kidnapping left right and center . The agberos have decided to join the kidnapping game and now everyone is scared you say it safe. Idiotic man .

No where in Nigeria is safe not even Abuja were the president sits
Bros, don't be caught with a broken down car in some areas.
My elderly folks, the vehicle broke down on 3rd mainland. A car that had not been driven in a while. Before they knew area boys had surrounded them. They called me. I called police hotline, one person aswerd as if he was getting up from having sex. I called lasema, those ones spoke professionaly. Last last, non of them showed!
My siblings had to rush there and carried them, abandoning the car with the driver. Last last over 30k was paid to the area boys or they threatened to throw the driver into the water.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 30, 2021
Is it the same Lagos they shot at innocent Nigerians waving flags and singing the national anthem(20 Oct 2020) that is safe??

Some of us still remembers oh!
Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by NoFucksToGive: 5:53am On Sep 30, 2021
nedekid:

Bros, don't be caught with a broken down car in some areas.
My elderly folks, the vehicle broke down on 3rd mainland. A car that had not been driven in a while. Before they knew area boys had surrounded them. They called me. I called police hotline, one person aswerd as if he was getting up from having sex. I called lasema, those ones spoke professionaly. Last last, non of them showed!
My siblings had to rush there and carried them, abandoning the car with the driver. Last last over 30k was paid to the area boys or they threatened to throw the driver into the water.

That's the so ed crime infested Lagos .. Agberos rape murder and Rob daily yet the police can't persecute them because MC Oluomo is their father

They tell you Lagos is safe grin safe indeed . Go to Ojuelegba , Surulere , Aguda, Ikeja ,munshin, ijesha, ogudu, etc no where in Lagos is safe except the so called VI axis and that is getting unsafe all all those Akpagbon boys enter VI to Rob regularly

2 Likes

Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by simple250: 6:13am On Sep 30, 2021
Police have their own check point very close to touts check point ,they will tel you SEE POLICE GO TEL THEM ,and if you report to police your case go worst o.
Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by CheedyJ(m): 6:42am On Sep 30, 2021
Robbers are taking over lagos and this mr olopa is saying lagos is safe,safe fire..
Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by ddestiny20(m): 6:45am On Sep 30, 2021
Please what happen to the increase in touts in Lagos that is a cannon waiting to explode

Lanrelagboi:

https://twitter.com/greaterlagosng/status/1443317739368718340?s=21
Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by PrinceOfLagos: 6:49am On Sep 30, 2021
post=106299228:
God bless Lagos State.

A state like no other.

If dem born any terrorist organizations well, make dem carry dem madness enter Lagos.
Na only one Kala dem go chop.
Awon werey 100%.

Again,
God bless Lagos State.
God bless Nigeria.
Shut up , you've started again with your usual empty rants

That's how you people create problem for people

When Lagos was attacked by criminals from other region where were you and what did you do aside ranting and making empty noise on Nairaland ....

Lagos is not safe, but it's still better than some other region In terms of security .

We must watch our utterances so we don't create enemies for ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by Corporate2020: 6:50am On Sep 30, 2021
Is the Lagos CP Hakeem Odumosu himself safe even when AVM Smith and several military personnel have been abducted at different locations across the country by Buhari's brothers?

Odumosu better hide somewhere because I cannot donate money to pay ransom to Fulani herdsmen if they kidnap the CP oooo because even Army Colonels and Generals have paid ransoms to Buhari's brothers at different times.

This CP that is advising Lagosians wrongly, he gas about 20 useless policemen guiding his relatives while his wife and children are probably hiding in US or Europe

1 Like

Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by efficiencie(m): 6:53am On Sep 30, 2021
...the best test of safety in Lagos state is if a lady can walk such areas as Palmgrove, Ikorodu, Mushin, Agege, Orile, Shomolu and Bariga alone by 1am and be unharmed...until Lagos achieves this feat it is not safe!
Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by OG1BABY(f): 6:58am On Sep 30, 2021
Okay
Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by Sharon6(f): 6:58am On Sep 30, 2021
Hmm
Re: "Don't Panic, Lagos Is Safe", Hakeem Odumosu Assures Residents by dimmyj(m): 6:59am On Sep 30, 2021
Indeed

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Plot To Prevent Ayu’s Return Thickens / Obasanjo Pledges Loyalty To Jonathan’s Government / Why Igbos Should Forget About 2023 Presidency – Uwazuruike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.