Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,507 members, 7,861,446 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:30 PM

NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri (11001 Views)

Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells / Atiku Must Tell Us Who He’s Planning To Sell NNPC To - Bismarck Rewane / Proof Of N450M Given To Keyamo By NNPC To Be Published By Us - Leadersng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by Skillsnigeria: 4:28pm On Sep 30, 2021
OK
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by chloride6: 4:29pm On Sep 30, 2021
After transfer to National Grid I hope cos na for there wahala go dey...
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:29pm On Sep 30, 2021
Why not build a solar plant since we have much sunlight in Borno state, why gas plant when we don't even have any crude oil in place?

I thought with the abundant sunlight in most northern states, one should be thinking about solar energy and electricity but our rulers care about 2023 election and where power will be domiciled!

God help Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by Babyboyforeal(m): 4:31pm On Sep 30, 2021
Christiansen:
Something wey dem go construct for Delta state dem dey go construct inside zoo.
Mtchew useless zoo
enjoy your one Nigeria since southern una nor get sense
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by eguarojeona: 4:32pm On Sep 30, 2021
Naso,the parasite north always using the south's resources to fund their development

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by Babyboyforeal(m): 4:32pm On Sep 30, 2021
BruncleZuma:
As an oil producing state
enjoy your one Nigeria since southern una get sense
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by KaptainAfrika: 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2021
Its like they are crazy.
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by rita25(f): 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2021
these guys are destroying other regions to develop theirs gradually then when all power is with them they will declare an islamic state...its my confused igbo scattered brothers i pity they are using them against themselves while the ASS LEAKERS yorubas are highest bidder sycophants the fani kayodes that talk thru their anus as long as there is stomach infrastructure for them ....i shake my head in shame...........indeed there was a country.....

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by Christiansen(m): 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2021
Babyboyforeal:
enjoy your one Nigeria since southern una nor get sense
I'm not in support of one zoo pls
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by eguarojeona: 4:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
Quitam:
Great move. The stupid insurgents have been bombing electricity transmission lines. With this intervention, Maiduguri will have light after many months of black out. For those asking about the fuel: it ia going to be powered by virtual pipeline (trucked LNG) most probably by Greenville. The LNG will be regasified near the power plant and the gas is used to produce the electricity.
Northerners always parasiting on the south's resources to develop their region.The south is tired of carrying the north honestly.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by mechanics(m): 4:35pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nice one.
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by od501: 4:36pm On Sep 30, 2021
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by Epio360: 4:39pm On Sep 30, 2021
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by Bighead9: 4:43pm On Sep 30, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
With our oyel money abi VAT ?

Una get VAT?

Only Northern States, Western States and Rivers contribute to VAT. The 5 EASTERN States contribute zero cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by grandstar(m): 4:46pm On Sep 30, 2021
Reference:
Why not a 50 mega watt solar farm.... utilising the natural resources domiciled there.... instead of this potential white elephant.

Very easy to bomb.

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by lifenija: 4:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
Reference:
Why not a 50 mega watt solar farm.... utilising the natural resources domiciled there.... instead of this potential white elephant.
b4 u know it dey will start raring cows on it

so no need
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by Prophet777: 4:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
Believe that at your own peril... How? Is Maiduguri an oil producing state?
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by Traplord09: 4:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
Where country is about to go down... undecided undecided undecided
grin grin grin
Da come out with different opinion..
Oooooóoo
How I Tak come for this NIGERIAN..... ..
God y u no see USA of london at list canada...
Oooóoo
He no go batter for this NIGERIAN

Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by newdawnlive: 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2021
When Delta and River States still battling epeletic power supply
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by Aganju849: 4:56pm On Sep 30, 2021
baconline:
How will gas get there?

Co-ask
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by Reference(m): 4:56pm On Sep 30, 2021
grandstar:

Very easy to bomb.

And what is a gas plant?.....
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by Johnayoola(m): 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
With our oyel money abi VAT ?
Chose inside one na cheesy cheesy
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by Bfss: 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2021
Oh
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by hotseat: 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2021
Good development!

Anything that can be done to improve electricity supply across the length and breath of the country is a plus.

The only glitch may be the supply of gas needed to power the turbines.

I'm sure the initiators must have taken that factor into consideration otherwise, I see a white elephant project in the making.
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by Myhusband(m): 5:01pm On Sep 30, 2021
North North putting a great establishment in a cursed region but expect positive result

aboki are just senseless, just the urge of getting all establishment in their region they wouldn't care if the establishment is destroy and millions of naira if not dollars will waste

such a bunkum, now these bokoharam will destroy everything then you read the news that breaking news bokoharam destroy the power plant stationed in Borno state

why did I share country with this dummies for Pete's sake
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by BananaPeel(m): 5:01pm On Sep 30, 2021
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by erico2k2(m): 5:13pm On Sep 30, 2021
Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by Coldie(m): 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2021
States with economic value that add real money to the nations purse FG allows them to suffer but those that are already plagued with terrorism and insecurity With little or low economic value FG is pouring almost everything there

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by erico2k2(m): 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2021
hotseat:
Good development!

Anything that can be done to improve electricity supply across the length and breath of the country is a plus.

The only glitch may be the supply of gas needed to power the turbines.

I'm sure the initiators must have taken that factor into consideration otherwise, I see a white elephant project in the making.
to me that's is stupid, its safer to generate power close to gas source and wire it up than pipe gas to the North

2 Likes

Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by Lightorder: 5:17pm On Sep 30, 2021
Freshfish4:
Why always North?
because the rest are NOT Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Construct 50-Megawatt Power Plant In Maiduguri by Lightorder: 5:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
Reference:
Brother mi, you just took it from me o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims / Gbajabiamila: Saboteurs Behind Naira, Fuel Crises / Grid Collapses Again, Power Generation Crashes To 43.5MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.