Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them (31245 Views)

We Will Chase Away All Kidnappers And Bandits If You Elect Me - Tinubu (video) / Video Of Sheikh Gumi's Meeting With Bandits In Zamfara / Young Mori, Adamawa Hunter Killed In Gun Battle With Bandits In Kaduna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:41pm On Sep 30, 2021
Mr Gumi says his interaction with the bandits have been easy because he always “go(es) through the door.”

Bandits can be won over by showing them respect and understanding, says controversial Islamic cleric Ahmad Gumi.

Mr Gumi, a self-appointed mediator for the brigands that have been wreaking havoc in many northern states, says his interaction with the bandits have been easy because he always “go(es) through the door.”

“I go through the door, not the window. If you go through the door, you will go in and come back safely,” Mr Gumi said while fielding questions from students at a lecture in Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria on Wednesday.

The Islamic cleric said if the bandits are given a listening ear, their resolve would be softened and would become more amenable to abandoning their violent ways.

A student had asked why the bandits have not kidnapped him despite his numerous visits to their den.

Mr Gumi explained thus: “When we meet them we don’t speak, we give them the microphone to speak even for one hour.

“When we first approached them we saw that they were holding their warrant ready to fire. By the time we finish our meeting, they will hand in their weapons and we will be taking pictures.”

“So this is the power of human interaction which is what we are here to study as social scientists. That is the approach,” he added.

The preacher said he has been able to gain the bandits’ sympathy because he “treats them as human beings and respects them.”

“That is the respect I give them. I say come, come and sit with me. Come and sit down. I want to hear from you. With that respect, the Fulani man, you can get him.

“So don’t be surprised, if you are nice to him, if you are ready to listen to him, if you are trying to understand his problem, if you put your legs in his own shoes, he will listen to you, you will go to the forest and return safely insha Allahu,” Mr Gumi assured.

A Niger East senator Mohammed Musa had on Wednesday suggested that Mr Gumi be summoned by security agents to explain his interactions with the bandits.

Mr Musa said all entreaties to the bandits had failed. Zamfara governor Bello Matawalle had also expressed such frustration about how the bandits are reneging on their promises and frustrating his amnesty deal with them.

Before now, president’s spokesman Femi Adesina has derided Mr Gumi, calling him bandit lover for his open alliance with the bandits who have been responsible for widespread killing, destruction and mass abduction of citizens, including schoolchildren.

https://gazettengr.com/youll-be-safe-with-bandits-if-you-develop-relationship-with-them-gumi/

3 Shares

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by Totilopussylick(m): 6:43pm On Sep 30, 2021
That to say the military bombing the bandits are the real enemies.

They should change their tactics in other to develop good relationship with them undecided

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by AlexBells(m): 6:43pm On Sep 30, 2021
Gummi my man, you are not the only person wey sabi develop relationship oo, as a matter of fact, we are all good since wey be say na to pose with Terrorists, na make we start dey pose with Crusaders too, yeye dey smell, Buhari will not see this man oo;

Nigeria na cruise see how this man is relaxed with Bandit oo, lol

164 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by Abdul05: 6:43pm On Sep 30, 2021
Mr Gumi, the bandit master grin grin

Instead to conciliate them launch attack on them (public nuisance just like the ipob)

7 Likes

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by illicit(m): 6:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
Well
Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by habsydiamond(m): 6:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
So the people they have been hunting have been jumping in through their fence or window abi.. This man must be one of them walahi.. Cos i am not understanding the meaning of going through the door oo

41 Likes

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by slickbak(m): 6:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
This man probably advices NYSC on their handbook

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by Mayng01(m): 6:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nigeria is not a sane country. I imagined someone saying this in the USA, uk, Russia or China. Smh

156 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by ERockson: 6:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
Bandit spokesman

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by Staysave: 6:46pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ma gee
It is well......

Bandits are not terrorist but IPOB are terrorist.....
It is well.................

Thunder fiiiiirrrrreeee Buhari, gummi, myatta Allah and APC...

83 Likes

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by IgweBUIKE1(m): 6:48pm On Sep 30, 2021
Why won't there be agitators here and there when the goBT is making the business lucrative. ..is the best paying hustle after pulpit hustle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by Mossadd: 6:48pm On Sep 30, 2021
Why can't Nigeria govt arrest or invite this man for goodness sake!this man is promoting terrorism openly and Dss seems okay with it,abi which kind useless country be this?

23 Likes

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by Karemarealty288(m): 6:50pm On Sep 30, 2021
I have been expecting the rising of an Eastern Gumi who will be a mediator between Nigeria Government and Ipob, Esn and UGM.

19 Likes

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 30, 2021
In Nigerian law, kidnapping is a death penalty.Why is the law not implemented against Fulani herdsmen who are kidnapping for ransom?Is it the Sharia law that they practice that Islamabad and alqaeda,alshabab that kidnap foreigners and demand a ransom or exchange of prisoners that they practice?I don't get it.

10 Likes

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by Administration1: 6:59pm On Sep 30, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
Mr Gumi says his interaction with the bandits have been easy because he always “go(es) through the door.”

I

https://gazettengr.com/youll-be-safe-with-bandits-if-you-develop-relationship-with-them-gumi/

Isn't it time to pick up this guy? Bros, I know you're reading on ghost mode, Biko, I think it's time

1 Like

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by decatalyst(m): 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2021
I haven't utter words like this before.

But sorry, I am not sorry!

E no go better for this man and his cohorts.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by TearNinja001: 7:15pm On Sep 30, 2021
Gumi is such an idiot....the government is more idiotic.

43 Likes

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by descarado: 7:15pm On Sep 30, 2021
What a country shocked

4 Likes

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by Skillsnigeria: 7:29pm On Sep 30, 2021
Noted
Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by tillaman(m): 7:50pm On Sep 30, 2021
Porkioo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by zombieHUNTER: 7:50pm On Sep 30, 2021
undecided

All zombies should get used to bandits herdsmen terrorists.. because they're not going anywhere soon..

Cc seunsmg vedaxcool vultureBBQgriller

7 Likes

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by fourboys: 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
Why is this man still walking freely? OMG shocked shocked shocked WHAT A COUNTRY

5 Likes

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by Charmingrascal(m): 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
Buhari's DSS bullied Obadiah Mailafia till they murdered him for stating the obvious truth.
I wonder why Gumi is yet to be invited for questioning even after showing affiliation with bandits several times.

This government support terrorism as long as it has to do with Islamic Jihad

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by Marketeta: 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
I have said it before, there are Names of Top 6 Terrorists in Nigeria

1. Buhari (Chief Terrorist)
2. Malami (Principal Terrorist)
3. Pantami (Senior Terrorist)
4. Gumi (Terrorist I)
5. Alhaji Lai (Terrorist II)
6. Hell-Rufai (Terrorist III)

This is exactly why we are yet to be completely rid of Terrorism, Dogs don't eat dog

That is why ppl like vulture griller receive(and will continue to receive) so much hate on this forum. No person with functional brain will clap for this regime

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by TalkTalkTwins(m): 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
Lol
Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by Goldenheart(m): 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
grin
Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by TenQ: 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

Kuku tell us to collect account number of bandits and be paying monthly our lives insurance money into it.

7 Likes

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by kingemaker(m): 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
grin

9 Likes

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
Is it not obvious Enough yet that the People that make up Nigeria cannot coexist? Let the goddam country divide!

3 Likes

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by Ssoil(f): 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
Las las this country is a joke

3 Likes

Re: Gumi: You Will Be Safe With Bandits If You Develop Relationship With Them by Teerach: 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
Werey minister of bandits affair.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why We Are Supporting Buhari - G7 Countries / ADCs Of Nigerian Heads Of State Since 1956 / EFCC: Yahaya Bello's Supporters Performing Rituals To Prevent His Arrest (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.