Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Life At 30 When You're Not Married - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life At 30 When You're Not Married (28426 Views)

Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child / If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by Bawss1(m): 3:35pm On Apr 08, 2012
^^
It is a pity that everyone is entitled to an opinion regardless of how screwed it is.

Nonsense.
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by LEAFLET(m): 7:59am On Nov 06, 2014
Nice thread..I wonder where all of una dey now...Thin air i guess..
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by CoCoLav(f): 12:11pm On Nov 06, 2014
I can just imagine the pressure at 30. I'm still far from 30 but I'm already feeling a bit of pressure. Suddenly my mum, aunties and sisters want to know who I'm in a relationship with, why I dont invite my boyfriend over. Reminding me of how I have finished school and need to understand that career is not everything. *whew! I have now become a prayer topic for them. Only my father seems to be on my side although I understand that my mum is only looking out for me and I appreciate it.
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 06, 2014
CoCoLav:
I can just imagine the pressure at 30. I'm still far from 30 but I'm already feeling a bit of pressure. Suddenly my mum, aunties and sisters want to know who I'm in a relationship with, why I dont invite my boyfriend over. Reminding me of how I have finished school and need to understand that career is not everything. *whew! I have now become a prayer topic for them. Only my father seems to be on my side although I understand that my mum is only looking out for me and I appreciate it.
Your mum and aunts are right, career isn't everything. If you intend to have a family one day, you would do well to be on the look out for the kind of man that you want rather than put them on hold for a career. As you age, it will get harder, not impossible, to find that dream man. As you age your value in the sexxual marketplace wanes because you won't look as 'angelic' and you would have 'history'. Every right-thinking man should be concerned about the 'history' of his bride. Etc etc.
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by CoCoLav(f): 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
freshdude2:
Your mum and aunts are right, career isn't everything. If you intend to have a family one day, you would do well to be on the look out for the kind of man that you want rather than put them on hold for a career. As you age, it will get harder, not impossible, to find that dream man. As you age your value in the sexxual marketplace wanes because you won't look as 'angelic' and you would have 'history'. Every right-thinking man should be concerned about the 'history' of his bride. Etc etc.

I know you are right but its not like I'm too career oriented. I'm just focused on my career for now until the right person pops the question. I know my mum is only worried because when my sister was at my stage, her boyfriend now husband was already familiar with everyone. She just feels I'm in an unserious relationship because anyone who is serious about me should not be afraid of coming home. I just look at the whole situation and SMH. This whole drama started when I shouted God forbid at her request that I be married by next year ending.
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 06, 2014
CoCoLav:

I know you are right but its not like I'm too career oriented. I'm just focused on my career for now until the right person pops the question. I know my mum is only worried because when my sister was at my stage, her boyfriend now husband was already familiar with everyone. She just feels I'm in an unserious relationship because anyone who is serious about me should not be afraid of coming home. I just look at the whole situation and SMH. This whole drama started when I shouted God forbid at her request that I be married by next year ending.
Lol @ God forbid.

And your mum worrying is only natural, as you said, your sister had a different relationship-marriage trajectory. Just try to allay her fears. Truth is she'll be worried till you get married wink.

However, take care not to give in to pressure and make a wrong decision, choosing the wrong person.
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by CoCoLav(f): 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2014
freshdude2:
Lol @ God forbid.

And your mum worrying is only natural, as you said, your sister had a different relationship-marriage trajectory. Just try to allay her fears. Truth is she'll be worried till you get married wink.

However, take care not to give in to pressure and make a wrong decision, choosing the wrong person.

Thank you smiley
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by Queenvky(f): 6:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
honestly there is always pressure on the inside no matter how good and cheerful the Lady is outwardly.
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by bheemz(f): 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2015
Well I wasted my time dating an idiot wen I was 21yrs till 28yrs, met him wen he was in 100level waited for him till after service a year+ after he bcme somthing else n d r/ship crashed.......n eva. sinc ve not been fortunate to meet d right man
legry:
eeayhaa for the plight, but my question is this what happened to you when you were 25 or 26 with all those dudes or that guy around you, now am not trying to sound like an assole but this is just a comon trait that ive seen. Im in my 30"s and ive been around and i must state also that i met some girls in my 20"s that had all the opportunity to forge a solid and good relationship , but what did they do, the girl thing and now they are 30 and wondering what happened. My point girls in your 20"s make something out of the time you have now if you see a promising relationship hold on to it and if its not all you dream work on it dont keep thinkg you have all the time in the world cause i dont want you wondering what happened to you when you get to your 30"s.
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by cjeriia: 12:10am On Feb 09, 2015
Wadosky:
Most times,the pressure comes from within.When you see your mates getting married in their 20s,you start asking yourself questions.Most times we set goals for ourselves and when we dont achieve it,it becomes so frustrating.I advise gals at 30 to remain focused and live their lives to the fullest.
story 4 d god's #justbeingmischievious
Re: Life At 30 When You're Not Married by seeme2(f): 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2015
No comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can You Allow Your Wife, Sister Or Girlfriend Work In A Hotel? / How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? / "Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.