Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,063 members, 7,828,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader (2402 Views)

Whether Jonathan Gets Re- Elected Or Not, N’delta Will Resume Militancy – Briggs / Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings / “Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by BigB11(m): 6:30am On May 30, 2011
One could easily identify whether a newly elected leader is going to be effective or ineffective within the first 2 to 3 months.

Without all these things been done by August, Jonathan will immediately become a joke just like the other incompetent leaders we've experienced in the past.

1. OBJ and other old thieves must be immediately made irrelevant.
2. Gbenga Daniel and Akala must be arrested immediately.
3. Ibori must not be released until he has his day in the court of law.
4. The implementation of power supply project must start immediately.
5. Diesel price must be adjusted immediately.
6. There should be quarterly leadership training for all governors for the next 4 years.
7. The improvement strategies for education and medical system should be addressed openly immediately.
8. Bankole should be arrested and probed immediately.

Let's hope for the best.
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by Beaf: 6:34am On May 30, 2011
How come you forgot IBB? shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by Rhino5dm: 7:00am On May 30, 2011
@Qoute.
Can he arrest his self acclaimed father?

"IBB is like a father to me"~ Jonathan! shocked shocked

@ OP
That which you wish ai'nt gonna happen. GEJ is a product of devil of the west(OBJ) and the devil of the north(IBB)

Beaf:

How come you forgot IBB? shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by egift(m): 8:42am On May 30, 2011
@Poster:
Its a lot easier to make every Nigerian a million within 6 months, than Jonathan fighting corruption or stepping on the toes of any big foot.

Not kidding, just one-tenth of his campaign expenditures will do the trick!
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by 1025: 10:15am On May 30, 2011
if anyone is expecting jonathan to fight corruption, then i will take pdp more serious than that one. jonathan's wife is on the list of unattended corruption cases. jonathan emerged through the corrupt cabal. jonathan's campaign expenses are questionable and could be linked to corruption.
pdp as another name for corruption here in nigeria so tell me how on earth will jonathan fight corruption.
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by blacksta(m): 10:27am On May 30, 2011
D ministers gej selects wil speak volumes
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by otitokoro1: 10:53am On May 30, 2011
OBJ and other old thieves must be immediately made irrelevant.

So thieves are now free to walk about?

Please be fair what is good for goose, If Akala, Daniel and Bankole should be arrested why should old thieves should only be made irrelevant, Rule of Law should apply
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by honeric01(m): 11:31am On May 30, 2011
If he can cut down the price of kerosene from N200 per liter back to N80 or even N60 per liter that it was few months ago.

Cuts down the price of diesel from N180 to N90 it was few months ago.

These are the things that has effect on me and millions of people directly for now.
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by Kobojunkie: 12:31pm On May 30, 2011
blacksta:

D ministers gej selects wil speak volumes

We said the same the last time and look how that went. Yes, the Ministers matter but like he last time, he can also pick a couple of assumed performers who at the end of the day end up doing next to nothing too.
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by buzugee(m): 3:46pm On May 30, 2011
stop giving our money to ojukwu ikemba tongue
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by kulutempa: 3:52pm On May 30, 2011
Very simple. He should talk less and act more. Action speaks louder than words.
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by buzugee(m): 3:54pm On May 30, 2011
privatize all universities and have a govt watchdog that checks for performance and facilities annually. then universities can charge whatever they want. if you cant afford to pay your fees, you will take on a side job on campus of either landscaping or whatever jobs are available. let students do all the work on campus. no need to hire outside help. a self contained unit of working students and paying students.
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by seanet02: 4:01pm On May 30, 2011
Develop some balls and stop phucking Bianca
grin grin grin
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 30, 2011
BigB1

Your list is just simply very funny.

Release Mr A until he has his day in court but Arrest Mr B immediately without stating what the objective of the arrest is.

Make OBJ irrelevant without any mention of IBB. Well may be you realise IBB is already irrelevant?

Your proposition is filled with inconsistencies and sounds more like a joke to me.  grin grin grin
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by kcjazz(m): 4:43pm On May 30, 2011
If he can take responsibility & stop bomb/ethnic killings for the next 6 months without mentioning Buhari/Chuck Norris/God/Witches etc

Plus if he can allow EFCC do there work, even a blind man knows that some folks need to be in jail next week. Eg. If Ikiri Ohakim is still a free man next month, then wahala dey tongue
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by toks2009: 4:49pm On May 30, 2011
There is no steps that can show whether he will be effective or not but if after 4 years,we do not see a substantial improvement in the power sector,then he has failed woefully and PDP should go into extintion.

We voted for individuals and not for apolitical party and GOD really saved PDP this time around because but for GEJ as the presidential candidate,even a mad man will not vote in PDP.

So the only man who can bail out PDP is GEJ so he should deliver to the people otherwise,, Anyway,4 years is just around the corner
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by Beaf: 4:52pm On May 30, 2011
@BigB1

Hansa di kueshion na! How come you forgot your daddy, IBB?! shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by owobokiri(m): 5:15pm On May 30, 2011
I supported Jonathan, not because i was expecting a radical change (that is above Jonathan) but because i was running away from an angry mullah masquereading as a democrat. That over, it is time to get real. If Jonathan is going to be some kind of "fresh air" you would have noticed that by now. He would have done away with several things; The irritating lobbying by crooked politicians for ministerial slots, the big budget inauguration, the new presidential jets, the 70% re-current (chop-money) expenditure and 30% for capital projects. Put succintly, you would have seen certain seriousness in his attitude towards governance. We havent seen that and may never see that because Jonathan is a "team playe"r and his team is the team of Anenih, Obasanjo , David Mark and co. A little symbolic change here and there? Maybe that will happen. But if you are seriously waiting for an "effective and efficient" governance under Jonathan, I wish you goodluck.
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by fxtopedia(m): 5:32pm On May 30, 2011
Jona is dancing, he has no time for all these now, lol
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by ladej(m): 5:34pm On May 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

We said the same the last time and look how that went. Yes, the Ministers matter but like he last time, he can also pick a couple of assumed performers who at the end of the day end up doing next to nothing too.
true dat. we will have to wait and see, and assess their performance, say in a years time or so
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by dollypi(m): 8:17pm On May 30, 2011
I personally don't expect much from the man. It takes a visionary leader to effect any kind of change. I do not see this in the man.

He seems willingly to listen to people though, and I must confess I've had a couple of moments when I've had to question my assessment of him because of this.

However, if he can't effect any visible change within 6 months, then forget about it. Any momentum he may have would have dissipated completely by then.
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by PastorOla1: 8:24pm On May 30, 2011
When i see his list of federal ministers and the name of iyiola omisore and dimeji bankole are not there.
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by joecrack(m): 8:49pm On May 30, 2011
That ministerial list is very important,lets see and then we can start judging
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by Thirst4Lif: 10:38pm On May 30, 2011
I personally don't expect much from the man. It takes a visionary leader to effect any kind of change. I do not see this in the man

Excellent statement!  Enough said!
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by damola1: 11:50pm On May 30, 2011
I wish you good luck!
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by kayode72: 5:04am On May 31, 2011
Two qualities are expected of capable leaders, good if the two are combined but yet they could be mutually exclusive.

Intelligence and hard cohones (Balls).

Time will show us which one GEJ has.
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by Depilot(m): 6:51am On May 31, 2011
@Poster: I agree.
Our problems in this country are very obvious. Nobody is expecting Jonathan to perform miracle, but if certain drastic moves are not made within the first 2 months, we can all forget it, it will be another unreasonable and painful ride for the next 4 years.

I personally was expecting Jonathan's inauguration speech to be a bit more aggressive, focused and mostly directed to certain key points, but as usual nothing was special about it. He sounded as if the speech was delivered to him a couple of days right before May 29th.

But nevertheless, let us all give him a chance and pay additional attention to these first 2 months in the office.

Trust me, it doesn't take much to point out a skunk right in the middle of the farm.
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by sleekier(m): 7:29am On May 31, 2011
[color=#006600][/color]
buzugee:

privatize all universities and have a govt watchdog that checks for performance and facilities annually. then universities can charge whatever they want. if you cant afford to pay your fees, you will take on a side job on campus of either landscaping or whatever jobs are available.
This is not a beer parlour talk abeg.
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by otitokoro1: 11:29am On May 31, 2011
Blessed are those who does not hope, for they shall not be disappointed, grin grin grin
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by JimmyBoy1: 3:14pm On May 31, 2011
To me, new cabinet members will tell the story,
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by namdo(m): 4:47pm On May 31, 2011
i expect people to say the way forward for GEJ here on this thread. , as if you were the president,

for instance he could (make good use of advisers), then
- fully prosecute all pending high thieves - ex-governors on efcc list for example.
- put internal checks on existing institutions of governance to checkmate non-performance, corruption and stealing of public funds
- make efforts to create jobs for millions of jobless qualified youths in the country
- Solicit support of NASS and pass PIB and see that the provisions are fully implemented
- Solve problem of power in the country
- Support infrastructure development in strategic areas of the nation
- Improve Education and it's availability for millions of nigerians.

If he can do these, then he would have something written for good in his name for posterity.
Re: Steps That Will Show Whether Jonathan Will Be An Effective And Efficient Leader by dayokanu(m): 5:32pm On May 31, 2011
The only step that would show whether Jonathan would be effective is for him to RESIGN

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike Is In Trouble As Education Agency Makes Damming Revelation / What Will You Do If It's You.............. Picture. / Nigerians On Twitter Reacts To Rochas/obama Billboard In Owerri (SEE TWEETS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.