Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,056 members, 7,810,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi (51986 Views)

Farooq Kperogi Blames Buhari For The Death Of OPC Leader Who Was Stoned To Death / Head Of OPC In Okota Stoned To Death By Voters / President Buhari Was Stoned At APC Ogun Rally (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by Niece: 8:25pm On Oct 03, 2021
A staff of the Nigeria Television Authority, (NTA) Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, who was stoned to death by unknown assailants in Okene, Kogi state has been laid to rest, WonderTV Media reports.

It was earlier reported that Obiahu was stoned to death by unknown assailants in Okene shortly after he closed from work on Tuesday night, September 7.

The corpse of the 36-year-old who worked at the engineering department of the NTA boaster station in Okene was found along Okene Ogori Magong road on Wednesday morning, September 8.

Obiahu was buried in his hometown, Ezi Agbii, Ukpa Village in Afikpo Local Government Area of Ebonyi State on Saturday, October 2.

A friend of the deceased, Irem Raphael, who shared photos from the funeral ceremony on Facebook, wrote:

“The reality of life. The two most important days in ur life, the day u are born and the day u find out why."

“My brother and friend today marks ur exit from this world, u were cut short at ur prime but we take solace in the Lord and keep praying God to give the young family u left behind the fortitude to bear the irreparable lost and grant u eternal rest in his bosom.

“Adieu Engr Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu! Adieu Brother!! Adieu Friend!!! Adieu the GSSA Old Boy.!!!! God be with u till we meet again.”

https://.com/nta-staff-who-was-stoned-to-death-in-kogi-laid-to-rest/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by Niece: 8:27pm On Oct 03, 2021
Fejoku:
An poorly reported news which didn't include the reason behind the stoning that led to his death. This is a technical staff of a whole national TV station that was stoned to death like a dog. Shame on Nigeria
Did NTA even show the sad news for all to see? Shame on Nigeria.
R.I.P
This report is an update of what happened. Read earlier report Here to get a better understand of what happened.

2 Likes

Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by GOFRONT(m): 8:30pm On Oct 03, 2021
Stoned to death?

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by BIGNAME2020: 8:30pm On Oct 03, 2021
RIP
Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by gambia(m): 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2021
This country is cursed, what crime has this young man committed to deserve such cruelty.

133 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by Spending123: 8:38pm On Oct 03, 2021
GOFRONT:
Stoned to death?

Nah so you see am...had it been this incident happened in the East by now the media would have been broken into two,Ipob/ESN names would have been flying like missiles all over the media. Since it's matter concerning the north everywhere is calm..

Oyiboupdate
Helinus
Monogamy
Officialgarri
Onionbandit
Suenmsg
Juliusmellia
Come and defend your one Nigeria.

256 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by OVB123: 8:57pm On Oct 03, 2021
OKENE is the worst place to live in nigeria. The people are the worst in naija. Adieu young man.

174 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by Blackfire(m): 4:34am On Oct 04, 2021
What is really happening in this our country...so much pain

Whom did we offend?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by juman(m): 4:45am On Oct 04, 2021
Was Stoned To Death In okene.

The story does not make sense.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by redsun(m): 5:58am On Oct 04, 2021
juman:
Was Stoned To Death In okene.

The story does not make sense.

Weird, init? I wonder if he committed a crime of blasphemy against kogi moslems. I don't think kogi has completely gone to the dogs yet where such an atrocity will be committed in the name of mohammad

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by Fejoku: 6:05am On Oct 04, 2021
An poorly reported news which didn't include the reason behind the stoning that led to his death. This is a technical staff of a whole national TV station that was stoned to death like a dog. Shame on Nigeria
Did NTA even show the sad news for all to see? Shame on Nigeria.
R.I.P

181 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by punisha: 8:52am On Oct 04, 2021
This is the weirdest and most incomplete news I've heard in a while.
People now carry stones as weapon to assassinate someone?

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by FolabiCash: 8:52am On Oct 04, 2021
Stoned to death ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by Kingosytex(m): 8:53am On Oct 04, 2021
This still seems to me like a dream, can't believe that the last time I saw you in the village was the last I was ever gonna see you. It's disheartening!!
Rest in peace bro, your killers shall never know peace.
Journey well nwerem!
Tokwuhu Mgbirime! embarassed embarassed embarassed

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by slawormiir: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Too bad...

I don't believe this story

Someone stoned just like that....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by Eriokanmi: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2021
I suspect brainwashed islamist group behind the attack. Check all those states practising this heinous act...they're worst than Afghanistan in development because of the curse following them.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by DropsMic(m): 8:53am On Oct 04, 2021
Humans
Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by GIANTPLUSHUB: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2021
Mheen
Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by benuejosh: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2021
Condolence to the family. May God give them strength and this crucial time.

IPOB are gradually moving into North Central.

2 Likes

Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by arnoldexpert(m): 8:53am On Oct 04, 2021
Rip bro.
Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by puyol005(m): 8:54am On Oct 04, 2021
Wicked world. Very unfortunate way to die.
Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by DropsMic(m): 8:54am On Oct 04, 2021
Psalmzfraud3:
This is sad. Nigeria can be better

Continue deceiving yourself, it's not a crime

4 Likes

Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by greatiyk4u(m): 8:54am On Oct 04, 2021
Unfortunately, there are no longer true Christians in this century
Those stoned to death were called MATYRS but today, the presiding pastor will curse those that stoned him instead of blessing them for the sake of fulfilment of the scriptures

Rest in the bossom of the Lord my brother
Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by tradepunter: 8:54am On Oct 04, 2021
Sad
Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by ogododo: 8:55am On Oct 04, 2021
Niece:
A staff of the Nigeria Television Authority, (NTA) Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, who was stoned to death by unknown assailants in Okene, Kogi state has been laid to rest, WonderTV Media reports.

It was earlier reported that Obiahu was stoned to death by unknown assailants in Okene shortly after he closed from work on Tuesday night, September 7.

The corpse of the 36-year-old who worked at the engineering department of the NTA boaster station in Okene was found along Okene Ogori Magong road on Wednesday morning, September 8.

Obiahu was buried in his hometown, Ezi Agbii, Ukpa Village in Afikpo Local Government Area of Ebonyi State on Saturday, October 2.

A friend of the deceased, Irem Raphael, who shared photos from the funeral ceremony on Facebook, wrote:

https://.com/nta-staff-who-was-stoned-to-death-in-kogi-laid-to-rest/

Okene people wey dey mad pass madness, one day dem dey do dis dere masquerade, as our car dey go dem dey weird. One of my friend dey go Abuja and dere luxurious bus killed an old man on a bicycle wey crossed. Do you know dem burnt down de bus with all loads.
Naija get double laws.

2 Likes

Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:55am On Oct 04, 2021
Stephen Onwukwe Chukwu

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by walozanga(m): 8:55am On Oct 04, 2021
Na waa
Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by Sunnybay7: 8:55am On Oct 04, 2021
RIP
Re: Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi by Megatrix: 8:56am On Oct 04, 2021
redsun:

Weird, init? I wonder if he committed a crime of blasphemy against kogi moslems. I don't think kogi has completely gone to the dogs yet where such an atrocity will be committed in the name of mohammad
Not Kogi as a whole but you see that okene and the ebira axis of the state ehn, they will do even worse than that in the name of religion. Those guys are the janjàweed of Kogi state.

29 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akpabio Laughing With PDP Senators At Ekweremadu's Home 2 Weeks Before Defection / Peter Obi Rejects VIP Treatment, Assists Stranded Nigerians At Abuja Airport / A Police Out Station In Kwali-abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.