Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,589 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku (52567 Views)

Nollywood Actor Hanks Anuku Sighted By The Road Side In A Pitiable State / Man Complains About Hanks Anuku's 'Pitiable Living Condition' (Video) / Hanks Anuku Dances With Zubby Michael (Photos & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by Rrduvs: 10:40am On Oct 04, 2021
Okay
Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by EILTD(m): 10:40am On Oct 04, 2021
Hanks Anuku is from Agbor. Kudo to BBC Igbo for the interview. Dude was very talented and left the scene when the industry became standardised.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by eventainment(m): 10:40am On Oct 04, 2021
Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by bmdmix11: 10:41am On Oct 04, 2021
with all the churches for our backward nah we still dey back pass....
Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by Kolaboluv7(m): 10:41am On Oct 04, 2021
shocked

Enjoy your stay
Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by sematec(m): 10:43am On Oct 04, 2021
he said the truth. They are more organized and electricity is reliable.
Emergency should be declared in Nigeria for better electricity. in Ghana you can sleep with your two eyes closed. I will relocate to Ghana

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by kenzysmith: 10:46am On Oct 04, 2021
I met this guy at Accra, he was sitting at a sit close to lambadi beach I went close to him guy brought out a peck knife n threaten me with it that is when I knew this guy is a physico

4 Likes

Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 04, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

You are Right.
I intend relocating to the Philippines from the United States in some years to come.
Life's all about taking a WALK around ur community for we have a limited time on earth.

NIGERIA is truly blessed with Rich Cultural heritage, quality Food products & Tourism but Angel of death lurks around.
With the Natural Serenity of Some states like Yobe and Jigawa states alone, Nigeria can attract so much Foreign direct investment.

IF the WHITES had stayed longer than many envisaged, NIGERIA would have been the BOMB

If the whites had stayed longer, Nigeria would still be a mess

See, all those countries where the whites stayed longer look nice because the whites disproportionately spent money on their comfort...as a result...nice looking cities with parks and lights. Step outside the cities, and you have bad condtions for the black majoirity.

A classic example is South Africa. Looks nice in many parts.....until you step into the areas where there are more blacks...all because the whites spent more on themselves compared to blacks for decades.

And the reason why the whites behaved like that was to attract more white immigrants who would displace the blacks eventually.

Nigeria's problem is that we believe in cheap cheap. All those white (European, this time) countries look nice because the people there pay high tax rates, run diversified economies where they use their raw materails to make products for the world, and pay market price for power, petrol, water supply so that they can keep those things running.

Here in Nigeria, we have one source of income...oil...which can't even sustain 10 million of us, talkless 200 million. And the oil price is never at a level that would even sustain the ten million...so we go into debt. And we prefer to pay cheap or not at all for power...so our power sector runs at a loss, handicapping our industries, and we so beleieve in price controls...scaring away investors.

And that was the same problem with all those white dominated African countries...all of them were one trick ponies, who disproportionately spent the wealth from their exporting raw materials on the white tribe and threw a bone to the black tribes to share. Like South Africa. Spent far more on white education than black education for example , and now they are reaping the results...in crisis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by pansophist(m): 10:54am On Oct 04, 2021
Me too. I've lived in six countries so far. Next place I'll live should be somewhere in Africa. White man's lifestyle don tired me.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by guru90: 10:55am On Oct 04, 2021
Simple Truth!!!!

9ja na hell country....
Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by mrdharkchild(m): 10:59am On Oct 04, 2021
Mercychen:
I so much like this guy cos he looks like my Grandpa ( maternal). If you see him, you've seen my grandpa.

Hanks my guy.
I tot u were Chinese. If he looks like grandpa, what does that make your grandma or mama=a grin
Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 04, 2021
anorexicmuster:

See, all those countries where the whites stayed longer look nice because the whites disproportionately spent money on their comfort...as a result...nice looking cities with parks and lights. Step outside the cities, and you have bad condtions for the black majoirity.

A classic example is South Africa. Looks nice in many parts.....until you step into the areas where there are more blacks...all because the whites spent more on themselves compared to blacks for decades.

And the reason why the whites behaved like that was to attract more white immigrants who would displace the blacks eventually.

Nigeria's problem is that we believe in cheap cheap. All those white countries look nice because the people there pay high tax rates, run diversified economies where they use their raw materails to make products for the world, and pay market price for power, petrol, water supply so that they can keep those things running.

Here in Nigeria, we have one source of income...oil...which can't even sustain 10 million of us, talkless 200 million. And the oil price is never at a level that would even sustain the ten million...so we go into debt. And we prefer to pay cheap or not at all for power...so our power sector runs at a loss, handicapping our industries, and we so beleieve in price controls...scaring away investors.

And that was the same problem with all those white dominated African countries...all of them were one trick ponies, who disproportionately spent the wealth from their exporting raw materials on the white tribe and threw a bone to the black tribes to share. Like South Africa. Spent far more on white education than black education for example , and now they are reaping the results...in crisis.
You are Right.
Many BLACK DOMINATED Communities in the US still suffer filthiness, Gang Wars and Shoot out.
Something is fundamentally wrong with us.
BLACK dominated areas in South Africa are nothing to behold. Daylight Robbery and Killings, least Educated, Cultism and many more
But Nigeria's situation wouldn't have been this bad, if they had stayed longer.

Even HAITI, a black dominated country in Central America is abjectly poor. JAMAICA is also there
GREED is deeply enshrined in Blacks.
I just hope it's not a CURSE.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 04, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

You are Right.
Many BLACK DOMINATED Communities in the US still suffer filthiness, Gang Wars and Shoot out.
BLACK dominated areas in South Africa are nothing to behold. Daylight Robbery and Killings, least Educated, Curtis and many more

Well, the problem with black dominated areas in white countries also has to do with years of systemic racisim which prevented them from taking a lot of opportunites

Also, in places like South Africa, there was something called Bantu education...ie watered down education for black people (which is why many south africans went to other African countries during the arphateid years for better education). Something similar happened in the US(NOT AS bad as SA...but not as good either).

At the end of the day, a large uneducated class is produced which cannot take part in the economy...and so the conditions for continued violence are set in stone

Things are changing (a black kid in the US has more opportunities now than his father would have had)...but it is going to take time (and yes, I agree a lot of the problems are self inflicted. But when you don't train people...)
Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by DoctorStylish: 11:05am On Oct 04, 2021
anorexicmuster:

Nigeria's problem is that we believe in cheap cheap. All those white (European, this time) countries look nice because the people there pay high tax rates, run diversified economies where they use their raw materails to make products for the world, and pay market price for power, petrol, water supply so that they can keep those things running.

Exactly.
Another thing is the corruption. It’s not just about paying high tax rates if at the end of the day one toad will come and embezzle alot of it . The present income we have how are we making use of it?
Our power sector operates on weak infrastructures which also as a result of corruption, if there’s stable light alot of these so called politicians stand to lose some of them are even major investors in generator companies and co. Alot of politicians benefit from Nigeria’s epileptic power supply.
One thing alot of people don’t realize is the fact that almost every bad thing happening in Nigeria there’s a particular set of people enjoying from it or reaping out benefits from it .
Look at this data issue in Nigeria , do you know how much these telecommunications companies bribe NCC lol. In order to get away with their anyhow anyhow doings.
If the whites had stayed longer maybe Nigeria would still be a mess but it sure wouldn’t be messed up like this .

8 Likes

Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by vickydevoka(m): 11:06am On Oct 04, 2021
Harrynight:
grin

This guy don old oo

Legendary Nollywood baddest
61 years no be moi moi. De guy senior 9ja with 1 month and some days

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 11:12am On Oct 04, 2021
Nollywood baddest guy back then
Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 04, 2021
Akposkibo:
This guy get action that year oh

https://www.nairaland.com/6780662/next-decision#106409007
Check the link biko

The days of the movie "senator"
Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by Denmark23: 11:13am On Oct 04, 2021
thesicilian:

My kind of person. I get bored easily staying in one place or one job for too long.

Same here and I used to think it's not normal. Imagine when I hear people say they've been in a job for 10years and I'm like not me, never! Thank God I'm not alone

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by SeriouslySense(m): 11:17am On Oct 04, 2021
thanks for that input.
anorexicmuster:

Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by SeriouslySense(m): 11:18am On Oct 04, 2021
true
MALIGNANTGuest:

You are Right.
BLACK dominated areas in South Africa are nothing to behold. Daylight Robbery and Killings, least Educated, Cultism and many more

Even HAITI, a black dominated country in Central America is abjectly poor. JAMAICA is also there
GREED is deeply enshrined in Blacks.
I just hope it's not a CURSE.
Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by hosemujica: 11:21am On Oct 04, 2021
anorexicmuster:

Well, the problem with black dominated areas in white countries also has to do with years of systemic racisim which prevented them from taking a lot of opportunites

Also, in places like South Africa, there was something called Bantu education...ie watered down education for black people (which is why many south africans went to other African countries during the arphateid years for better education). Something similar happened in the US(NOT AS bad as SA...but not as good either).

At the end of the day, a large uneducated class is produced which cannot take part in the economy...and so the conditions for continued violence are set in stone

Things are changing (a black kid in the US has more opportunities now than his father would have had)...but it is going to take time (and yes, I agree a lot of the problems are self inflicted. But when you don't train people...)
Black men hold yourselves accountable for a minute, white people are not always your problem.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 04, 2021
hosemujica:
Black man hold yourselves accountable for a minute white people are not always your problem.

I believe in that maxim all too well...but we must also not neglect the effect systemic racisim had...plus a lot of people who lived under it still face its consequences.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by ceaser: 11:26am On Oct 04, 2021
“I discovered Ghana to be more organized. I don't have time to pass judgment on anyone, but the electricity in that country is reliable, and I enjoyed it there. It was very simple to work and progress there. He stated, "That is the truth."

You no lie jàre Bro. I seriously agree with you on this.

Well, except that one other reason may be that you needed to move away from prying eyes on your suspected addiction to heroine and cocaine which was already telling on your health.
Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by PWAPUTI2010(m): 11:28am On Oct 04, 2021
Tell is the real truth Mr Hanks and stop beating around the Bush for heaven sake, you left for your revealed HIV status here in Nigeria and you found it unaccommodating with us here and run to Ghana, Ghana is never closed to Nigeria not to talk off better than Nigeria, Some of Nigerians complaint a lot about this country because they never traveled to so called and countries and read their history. Nigeria is a great Country just that we had our challenges and which every country in the world today had.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by Odinaka00(m): 11:28am On Oct 04, 2021
Omo i love it here in SA oo, it’s as if you re in Europe, very beautiful. Dope road network, you just go to your tap for sink collect water drink, no need to buy pure water, fine babes full everywhere wey go love you even if you nor get cent. You fit stay here 10ths without papers nobody go even bother you, you get to relate with other people from different part of the world cuz they re all here, we dey even play African league for Jhb sef, like Nigeria go play against Tanzania this coming Sunday. Life here make sense but it’s sad that my country Nigeria nor wan dey good bcus of our useless politicians

7 Likes

Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by Angrygoat: 11:30am On Oct 04, 2021
Light is stable,u can drive your car in peace,no dents,no impatient okada keke and uber riders, no drunk yahoo boy story,dangote truck brake failure wohala, no police brutality, soldier brutality,dss,lastma,agbero wohala, owoe mi da land grabbers, no illegal checkpoints,less crime,more organised,no bad roads,no sale of expired goods at malls and supermarket,no fake drugs,fake oil,fake fuel, just name it,come on Ghana is peaceful and organised. Infact living and surviving in nigeria ias a big miracle. Even if u get h.i.v, Ghana still get good standard of living pass nigeria. Nigeria na war zone.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by West2019(m): 11:31am On Oct 04, 2021
Harrynight:
grin

This guy don old oo

Legendary Nollywood baddest
you no old
Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by ruggedtimi(m): 11:33am On Oct 04, 2021
Met this guy twice in ghana, once in a club around osu axis....girls were just joking around with the dude.
Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by reallifegospel(m): 11:34am On Oct 04, 2021
Re: Why I Left Nigeria For Ghana – Hanks Anuku by hosemujica: 11:37am On Oct 04, 2021
anorexicmuster:

I believe in that maxim all too well...but we must also not neglect the effect systemic racisim had...plus a lot of people who lived under it still face its consequences.

They were racists against the Asians too. Asia is economic powerhouse today. Black people are incapable of forming an organized society period. If we can, then let prove it by building a better Nigeria . That's the most populous black nation in the world, if anything black people around the world should be proud of Nigeria, but no we are busy migrating to the same countries we are calling racists with our leaders looting our common wealth and building those countries.

Let us stop this race hustling and build a better black nation. THANK YOU GHANA FOR MAKING AFRICA PROUD .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eva Alordiah Reveals Her Daily Vagina Ritual / Dominique Oputa Flaunts Her Curves In Sexy New Photos / These Nigerian Celebrities Real Names Will Surprise You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.