Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,537 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest (7810 Views)

Navy Confirms Delivery Of Yatch, Faces Payment Crisis Over NASS Stand / Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy / APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by dre11(m): 7:59am On Oct 04, 2021
THERE are fresh agitations over the zoning formula proposed by the Governor Ifeanyi Ugwanyi-led Peoples Democratic Party Zoning Committee.

The PUNCH gathered in Abuja, on Sunday, that while party members in the north are yet to agree on which part of the zone should produce the next national chairman, the predominant opinion favours the north central.

It was also gathered that party members from the south are not comfortable with the decision to zone the chairmanship to the north.

A member of the party’s National Executive Committee who spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of retribution confirmed this development.

The source said, “There are protests over the zoning arrangement recommended by the Ugwanyi committee.

“There are various levels of agitations within the party which the NEC will have to revisit.

“There are people who are of the opinion that the party ought to have left open the contest for the position of National Chairmanship, Secretary and Presidential ticket while other offices should be allowed to remain where they were.

“There are all kinds of agitations. There are those who are of the opinion that taking the national chairmanship to the north amounts to giving the north an equal opportunity to field a presidential candidate.

“It is not written anywhere that once the chairmanship comes from the north, the presidential flag bearer cannot come from the north, nothing is cast in stone, even on the issue of zoning, is still generating heat.”

Another top-ranking party source who also spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to speak on the matter said, “Even in the north, some tendencies within the zone are insisting that the contest be left open instead of the move to micro zone it to the north central.

“Some members of the party from the South East are also not happy that the office of the National Organizing Secretary is being taken away from them.

“Those in this school of thought argue that zoning the office of the National Chairman and that of the NOS to the north was political brinkmanship aimed at putting the entire south at a disadvantage.”

However, party leaders from the North Central have started consultations ahead of the National Executive Committee meeting of the party slated for Thursday.

Usually, reliable party sources who confirmed this development told our correspondent that the zone is considering a number of persons should the National Executive Committee ratify the decision of the zoning committee.

One of the party leaders who also spoke on condition of anonymity so as not “to preempt Thursday’s NEC meeting, said, “Those being considered include: Former Senate President, David Mark, Senator Tunde Ogbeha, former governors of Kogi State, Idris Wada and Ibrahim Idris, Prof. Jerry Gana, and former Niger State Governor, Babangida Aliyu.”

The source further said, “There is also a challenge. If you say a Wada or Idris should take the position of chairman for example, where are you going to get the secretary from?

“This is because in the PDP, aside from regional balancing, we also respect religious balancing. Are you going to the South West where you have a sizable number of muslims to pick a Christian as national secretary? If so, who are you considering?

“The South West is also insisting that they be given the Chairmanship first, if they get the Presidential ticket, they will relinquish the chairmanship.

“There are also agitations that the Senator Bala Mohammed Committee should also be considered along with the Ugwuanyi committee report for balance. The NEC has a lot of work to do on Thursday but consultations are still ongoing.”

When contacted, Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the party, Diran Odeyemi said, “Unlike other political parties, the PDP is not owned by any Nigerian, all Nigerians own this party.

“What is happening in our party today if proof that our internal conflict resolution mechanism is working. We remain grateful to our governors, elders and members of the NEC for rising to the occasion.

“The suspension of our National Chairman, Uche Secondus by an order of Court, has not affected the smooth running of our party. When the time comes, our party will present to Nigerians a new national chairman and a presidential candidate they will gladly associate with.”
https://punchng.com/fresh-crisis-over-pdp-chairmanship-zoning-members-demand-open-contest/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by yemobrown(m): 8:04am On Oct 04, 2021
This na Monday morning, don't entertain me with uselessness.

14 Likes

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by kingphilip(m): 8:10am On Oct 04, 2021
Herders-Farmers crisis we know, we don't know any political crisis.

Bunch of selfish self-servicing people called politicians.

Na defections go end am last last

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by benuejosh: 8:20am On Oct 04, 2021
PDP is a dead party. 2023 is the burial year. Bunch of extremely confused corrupt fellows. Since they left the sit of power, they have not just been stable. Yet they think they can come back to power.

Even if Osinbajo, Zulum, Umahi, Tinubu, decamps and goes to PDP to contest for presidency I WON'T vote any of them. Party with no moral values. The most terrible and confused humans in Nigeria are found in that party. Jonathan would have been a great person but PDP corrupted him thus making him one of the worst president in the history of Nigeria.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by RichThugg: 8:25am On Oct 04, 2021
Criminals..

lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by Xvintage: 8:25am On Oct 04, 2021
Get a professional business or company logo design done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo that can be used for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by Dikaveli(m): 8:25am On Oct 04, 2021
I just wish south east will comot hand from pdp

Ugwuanyi and ikpeazu should defect

4 Likes

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by FalseProphet1(m): 8:25am On Oct 04, 2021
PDP will not win the election come 2023.

This I have seen.

8 Likes

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by FolabiCash: 8:25am On Oct 04, 2021
Hardship in the country is raised to the powers of 100 and yet all these "leaders" care about is zoning , Nigeria is a crime scene.

Anyways , I'm up and buying bitcoin , gift cards and all other digital funds at premium rates and fast pay !

Contact on Sig.
Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by kenbee(f): 8:26am On Oct 04, 2021
FolabiCash:
Hardship in the country is raised to the powers of 100 and yet all these "leaders" care about is zoning , Nigeria is a crime scene.

Anyways , I'm up and buying bitcoin , gift cards and all other digital funds at premium rates and fast pay !

Contact on Sig.
your leaders care about zoning and you care about bitcoin and gift cards, I think your leaders are 100 times better than you

7 Likes

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by bigdammyj: 8:27am On Oct 04, 2021
Noted
Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by JavaScript90: 8:27am On Oct 04, 2021
Like play like play both APC and PDP will field their presidential candidates from north and the two fighting brothers(Yoruba and Igbo) will go home empty handed

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by Danjikanbauchi: 8:28am On Oct 04, 2021
Let it be open but nobody from southern Nigeria should via for that position,.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by sped1oro(m): 8:30am On Oct 04, 2021
PDP has gone to the grave already but the undertakers are still trying to see what they can salvage from the body parts.���

1 Like

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by Guyman02: 8:31am On Oct 04, 2021
The Chairman should be zoned to the North so that the South can produce the presidential candidate

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by kenbee(f): 8:37am On Oct 04, 2021
Nigerian
Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by Coldshisha: 8:38am On Oct 04, 2021
cool

Zoning to the North stays, microzoning to NorthCentral is ideal

PDP would field a Southern Christian, Goodluck Jonathan, Seyi Makinde, Nyensom Wike, they need Vice President from NorthWest

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by Asgard73: 8:39am On Oct 04, 2021
After all this noise .. one thing is sure.. Nigerians have rejected Apc as a party

Dollar is 576.. 800 by December..

Everywhere tight .. Nigerians Dey provoke

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by seunfly: 8:39am On Oct 04, 2021
Who in his right senses put hope in PDP, Nigerians can't learn anything.
Can't we forget those evil party and create a viable human centric party other than PDP/APC?

That is why I don't take any protest serious because PDP is behind it and I don't take any agitators serious because it is still same people in disguise.
Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by akdjr(m): 8:39am On Oct 04, 2021
Why are these people wasting their time to lead PDP to another defeat in 2023 again?

1 Like

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by Slurity(m): 8:42am On Oct 04, 2021
THERE ARE ONLY TWO POLITICAL PARTY NIGERIA RIGHT NOW, APC AND OPPOSITION PARTY. PDP IS DEAD WHEN IT COMES TO PRESIDENTIAL LEVEL.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by helinues: 8:44am On Oct 04, 2021
If they can make the presidential ticket open, why not the chairmanship position.

Imagine northern Pdp want to contest the 2 at the same time.

Greedy fellows

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by McMOrris: 8:48am On Oct 04, 2021
Dikaveli:
I just wish south east will comot hand from pdp

Ugwuanyi and ikpeazu should defect
....defect to yours godforsaken APC

1 Like

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by helinues: 8:50am On Oct 04, 2021
McMOrris:

....defect to yours godforsaken APC

I thought people only sow where they can reap, if they are not reaping anything from Pdp, is it not advisable for them to move on when they are not a tree

3 Likes

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by luizpippo(m): 9:00am On Oct 04, 2021
benuejosh:
PDP is a dead party. 2023 is the burial year. Bunch of extremely confused corrupt fellows. Since they left the sit of power, they have not just been stable. Yet they think they can come back to power.

Even if Osinbajo, Zulum, Umahi, Tinubu, decamps and goes to PDP to contest for presidency I WON'T vote any of them. Party with no moral values. The most terrible and confused humans in Nigeria are found in that party. Jonathan would have been a great person but PDP corrupted him thus making him one of the worst president in the history of Nigeria.

This has to be Nairaland's own Waspapping.

So Buhari how about the dumb failed dumbo mannequin hibernating in Aso Rock?

Under whom dollars rose from #180 to #580
Rice went from #8,600 to #26,500
Gas went from #3,500 to #7,000
Beans went from #280 to #1,200
Kilo of beef from #800 to #2,400
And many more, yet he kept trumpeting a stupid agricultural revolution while blaming everything in sight.

I expect you to heal the blame on the South East as usual.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by Halo22: 9:52am On Oct 04, 2021
All these things are game. Just zone the chairmanship to north, throw the party presidential slot open and when the north wins, then the chairmanship be returned to the south....A game of chess.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by eedimo(m): 10:01am On Oct 04, 2021
My problem is not PDP or APC, it is 2023---- e too far

1 Like

Re: Fresh Crisis Over PDP Chairmanship Zoning, Members Demand Open Contest by SenatePresdo(m): 10:19am On Oct 04, 2021
benuejosh:

I guess you are enjoying Buhari in APC.

APC is a Thousand times worse than PDP.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Peter Obi Has To Step Down For Atiku Abubakar / Baby Farms At Enugu State: People Are Wicked / Inec To Conduct Runoff Election Between Pdp & Other Parties In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.