Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,126 members, 7,838,864 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) (29153 Views)

Peter Obi Visit Flood Affected Areas In Benue(photos) / Blackout In Lagos As Ikeja Electric Announces Power Upgrade / Melaye Set For Mighty Victory As INEC List Affected Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by IKBARUTEN11(m): 10:17am On Oct 05, 2021
Area

Mafoluku
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by AngelicBeing: 10:20am On Oct 05, 2021
Shellsploit:
Okeira residents sef.. cheesy
Na to go buy 105,000mah power bank sure pass.
Hian, TCN > NEPA > PHCN > Never expect power always shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Childofaking: 10:21am On Oct 05, 2021
He said they should expect darkness for 10 hours on daily basis until the end of the upgrade.
That means they will have electricity for the other 14 hours each.
How many hours were they having electricity when they was no updrade ?
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 05, 2021
MummyIMadeIt:

Peehaps you didn't get full grasp of the content, hence your analogy.

Their wont be electricity for two months in the affected area, a service not rendered and you still come to disconnect their lines...

Talk more of paying for unrendered service

There will be no electricity for ten hours a day in the affected areas, not for 24 hours a day as you imply
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 05, 2021
Whitecoal711:

And keep billing us for darkness
Paying our hard earned money for no rendered service

So they should not upgrade their equipment to help you get power better?

It's good to criticise, but don't make it a bad habit!
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Whitecoal711: 10:54am On Oct 05, 2021
anorexicmuster:

So they should not upgrade their equipment to help you get power better?

It's good to criticise, but don't make it a bad habit!
No it's a bad habit
But won't it be stupid,for one coming to buy an item from me,and I collect money not giving the person the item paid for,and telling the person that I am upgrading,in sane clime both duty can be done without huse
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Germi9: 10:56am On Oct 05, 2021
anorexicmuster:

Stop this scam please.
Some of these SLOTS are true,i have a contact like that for US and selected EUROPEAN Countries but they won’t provide Jobs, payment after VISA is out
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Blackdisciple(m): 11:19am On Oct 05, 2021
Has there been light from unset ..?
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by akinsto4ever(m): 11:27am On Oct 05, 2021
I pity recipients of estimated bills in this period, even for the fact that the light situation will be terrible(we all know that the 10hours darkness claim is a farce) they will still send outrageous bills.... Tueh
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by GreaterFuture(m): 11:28am On Oct 05, 2021
frankoben:

He said consequent upon that, the areas listed would experience darkness for 10 hours on a daily basis until the end of the exercise

We always experience more than 10 hrs of darkness daily with or without ur Godamn exercise
Lool.
Those areas he listed na big men areas, as somebody said earlier.
They usually have very steady light.
Also based on say nobles dey there, the feel they have to inform them down, also some companies and industries are there

2 Likes

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by GreaterFuture(m): 11:30am On Oct 05, 2021
bluefilm:
People should just switch to Solar Power.
Do you use solar already yourself?
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 05, 2021
Germi9:

Some of these SLOTS are true,i have a contact like that for US and selected EUROPEAN Countries but they won’t provide Jobs, payment after VISA is out

Or you visit the embassy and find out what needs to be done.

Fill out the forms and then you are fine.

Simple

Foreign embassies are not like Nigerian entities. They don't sell visa slots to a middleman who then sells it to Nigerians.

You apply, fill the form and the final decision is taken in the embassy or in the country you are emigrating to.

Plus I think one has to have a job offer. They won't let you in to join their jobless masses
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 05, 2021
Whitecoal711:

No it's a bad habit
But won't it be stupid,for one coming to buy an item from me,and I collect money not giving the person the item paid for,and telling the person that I am upgrading,in sane clime both duty can be done without huse

Even then complaining about their attempts to improve power supply strikes me as being too too complaining.
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Bluntemperor: 11:32am On Oct 05, 2021
Minjim:
This does not make any sense. 3 months!

Businesses will lose income and Discos too will lose revenue.

Even in countries with earthquake and tsunamis, they are never in darkness for 2 months

Cracy things can only be in Nigeria!
In the 21st Century, when 12years Old assembled Laptop in Japan! So,this can be done without light abi?
Even the Smart Phones you are using,so many aspects have to be test run continuously every day to meet specifications! Those Discos that are always taking Lights and given the Populace darkness can't improve because ' you can't give what you don't have'
Their footsoldiers too are just coming to comment as they don't know the implications now.
Yet here is where some are still talking about Ruga,just to keep Nigeria down from moving forward!
Some Nigerians intentionally are not serious and Selfish by saying 'not my Area' . Please,tell us your area that you don't witnessed Power outage in a month, three- Months or even a year! May be all Discos and Genco Managers and Directors are living and illegally diverting lights to themselves,while Majority are suffering!
Where do they charged the darkness they give the people to?
Is like saying : ALL the Roads are tarred in South West and you ask,who did to you'
Too Shameful our actions to our people!
We want a better life for all not selfish egos !
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Wentworthorg: 11:43am On Oct 05, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
By Chika Izuora

Source: Leadership
These areas must be having stable power supply as I know that the areas using 33kv lines always have like 24hrs power supply in Nigeria,as opposed to those using 11kva lines who are subject to power rationing. So if you arent living in those areas,you are on your own

1 Like

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Wentworthorg: 11:44am On Oct 05, 2021
IKBARUTEN11:
I commend ikedc for their power supply in my area

We get at least 16hrs power supply everyday
What area?
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Wentworthorg: 11:46am On Oct 05, 2021
macuwon:
those areas mentioned have almost 24hrs supply because na big man area. they want to upgrade it so they have to warn them in advance. that 10hrs daily outage is still way better than what some other parts of lagos normally gets. Why not upgrade the lower areas.
That's what I was saying.Thr areas using 33kv lines they talked about always have constant power .not only in Lagos.all over Naija
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by EndBuhariNow(m): 12:03pm On Oct 05, 2021
Chai Thank God I escaped from ZOOGERIA....
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by paskal16: 12:39pm On Oct 05, 2021
Na festac I dey sha undecided
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by bluefilm: 2:10pm On Oct 05, 2021
GreaterFuture:

Do you use solar already yourself?

I am already using Solar power for photosynthesis if that's what you mean.
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by GreaterFuture(m): 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
bluefilm:

I am already using Solar power for photosynthesis if that's what you mean.
No jokes brother, you know what I mean
Pls reply, i am planning doing a simple DIY for home and Business
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by SirRoberto(m): 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2021
We are presently having 5 to 6 hours of light daily in my area in Lagos yet my area was not listed. cry
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by timefarm(m): 4:45pm On Oct 05, 2021
Yea
That is my area.

I am used to like 20hrs light
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Prophet777: 10:14pm On Oct 05, 2021
You must be joking sir.
Go and read again.
Pearlyakin:
Ojodu Berger no dey grin
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:47pm On Oct 05, 2021
Sundaypaul12345:
My area no day there grin
He said consequent upon that, the areas listed would experience darkness for 10 hours on a daily basis until the end of the exercise.
Darkness for ten hours is what I don't understand lipsrsealed
8am to 6pm daily
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by jaxxy(m): 11:44pm On Oct 05, 2021
Minjim:
This does not make any sense. 3 months!

Businesses will lose income and Discos too will lose revenue.

Even in countries with earthquake and tsunamis, they are never in darkness for 2 months

I think it’s a major upgrade and it’s happened b4 during their major upgrade period. Luckily there will be light daily just not at a particular time of the day for 10hrs out out of 24 hrs.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Witches Predict Outcome Of Imo, Kogi, Bayelsa Elections / UNIPORT Disowns Lawmaker, Say He Did Not Graduate - VANGUARD / Okonjo-Iweala's Brother, Ifechukwude Aninshi Escapes Assassination Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.