Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me (29356 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: “The Day My Ex Girlfriend Came To Me For Prayers" / Female Pastor Ends Prayer As Member Asks For Anointing To Open Own Church / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by FuckAllTheMODs: 1:26pm On Oct 05, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Bro e Don do lol. Please come in peace this afternoon

Honestly, I'm a peaceful being but things like this dey pain person.

Assuming them ban me for a valid reason, I will accept it.

I'm even mindful of my words to begin with.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by FuckAllTheMODs: 1:28pm On Oct 05, 2021
Kinzo0917:
MOST OF MODS ON NAIRALAND NEED TO BE RELIEVE OFF THEIR JOBS. THEY BAN PEOPLE WITHOUT NO GOOD REASON. PLEASE YOU MODS, DON'T PULL DOWN MR SEUN FORUM. IT TOOK HIM YEARS TO BUILD THIS FORUM TO WHERE IT IS TODAY. WE KNOW, MOST OF YOU ARE ENEMIES OF PROGRESS. GOD WILL SHAME MOST OF YOU SOON.

Honestly, their actions dey give this platform bad light.

People are loosing interest, just check numbers of threads on its topics.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by CUMIN: 1:30pm On Oct 05, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Adeboye hears from God more than any other pastors in Nigeria

Na only him dey enjoy call time to heaven pass for all of them.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Fridaya30: 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2021
Another banger

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by judedwriter(m): 1:34pm On Oct 05, 2021
Tdoctor:
I agree with Pa Adeboye. Opening a church without God's direction will land you in trouble. And you will miss many of the good things God has for you.

What many lack today is divine direction.

Jesus was led by the Spirit to fast 40 days and was led by the same Spirit into ministry for 3 and a half years.

The Holy Spirit is the leader.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Eriokanmi: 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2021
Lama70:

Give us one or two names, please.
They're many on Ori Oke Akinkemi( men's division) and Orioke Ikoyi ( men's division). Pastor Adeboye is one of my mentors in Christendom, don't get me wrong. He's been to the aforementioned mountains too, to pray before, even donated some useful gospel tools to them, which are still in use till today as they always make references to him.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Sunmolar(m): 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2021
Boss13:
The message is for some of his special ministers who are attempting to break away.

Will breaking away stop them from making heaven?

Was God annoyed with those that broke away with CAC & joined rccg?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by elbulk(m): 2:10pm On Oct 05, 2021
theNaughtyPope:
No be small temptation grin grin

Nigerian pastors have turned into impulsive liars. Who tempted you, and what tempted you. In the 70s when you became a pastor, pentecostal churches were not as popular as it is today. You rose to prominence because you were learned.

When you took over from Josiah Olufemi in 1981, the church was already one of the largest pentecostal churches in Nigeria, and of course one of the wealthiest.

The church was so rich you bought the campground under three years of administration.

Today, you're a proud owner of a luxury jet that cost over $50million and you're talking of temptation.

You're one of those who foresaw that religion was lucrative. And while you were making money and investing tithes and offerings in Real Estate and oil, you made your followers to believe that prayers move mountains, and that witches and family are responsible for their poverty.

If God is ever going to punish Nigerian politicians, Pastors and religious leaders will get double.

Redemmed was not even close to one of the biggest churches.
Maybe in the west people one the church but if you grew up in other regions like I did its not true. I ever knew redeemed till late 90s.
Hen he took over he was already an academic headed somewhere and was still lecturing and restoring at the some time.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by ZKOSOSO(m): 2:11pm On Oct 05, 2021
mu2sa2:
Correct GO, scarring his captive congregants to remain in their situation till.... But wait, something told him to remain, what if some other person's inner voice suggests he leaves? Truth is, in this competitive environment you just follow your instinct hoping your business centre will flourish - just pray for a big catch like a corrupt politician, yahoo boys or smart kidnappers looking for "blessing".

You be Gee....!!
Your head carry.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by elbulk(m): 2:12pm On Oct 05, 2021
Chiffy:
Colonization mentality. Adeboye is beginning to sense that he might be loose key members. So he has to preach propaganda to install fear into their hearts to make his key pastors think that they cannot succeed on thier own.
Church na just business/economics
Loose key members, who are? Commenting is not a must
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 05, 2021
elbulk:

Redemmed was not even close to one of the biggest churches.
Maybe in the west people one the church but if you grew up in other regions like I did its not true. I ever knew redeemed till late 90s.
Hen he took over he was already an academic headed somewhere and was still lecturing and restoring at the some time.

Get your facts right. Redeemed was one of the Biggest 'pentecostal' churches at the time
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 05, 2021
nairavsdollars:

And god has not told him anything about the terrorism problems in Nigeria cool
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Chiffy: 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2021
advanceDNA:

Lose key members for what?? Did he commit adultery or murder??

Please enlighten me... How does loosing key members and installing fear into the heart of key pastors relate...??

Ordinary 1+1, you cannot add; and you're asking me to enlighten you. Abeg go and enlighten yourself
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by advanceDNA: 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
Chiffy:

Ordinary 1+1, you cannot add; and you're asking me to enlighten you. Abeg go and enlighten yourself

Lol....u can't even explain your claim.... So u resort to insult.... Insult is allowed .. na faceless forum...enjoy
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by MATEX30: 2:37pm On Oct 05, 2021
Elxandre:
The ministry is practically yours today last last.

Without any iota of doubt, Daddy G.O is doing great exploits in RCCG and body of Christ today, it must have been a great temptation for him then... Thank God he obeyed..

Read the full story here;

https://sportafriq.com/how-god-delivered-me-from-the-temptation-of-starting-my-own-ministry-pastor-enoch-adeboye/
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by kingxsamz(m): 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2021
Ride on daddy. cheesy
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by kelmicheal: 2:48pm On Oct 05, 2021
theNaughtyPope:

Nigerian pastors have turned into impulsive liars. Who tempted you, and what tempted you. In the 70s when you became a pastor, pentecostal churches were not as popular as it is today. You rose to prominence because you were learned.

When you took over from Josiah Olufemi in 1981, the church was already one of the largest pentecostal churches in Nigeria, and of course one of the wealthiest.

The church was so rich you bought the campground under three years of administration.

Today, you're a proud owner of a luxury jet that cost over $50million and you're talking of temptation.

You're one of those who foresaw that religion was lucrative. And while you were making money and investing tithes and offerings in Real Estate and oil, you made your followers to believe that prayers move mountains, and that witches and family are responsible for their poverty.

If God is ever going to punish Nigerian politicians, Pastors and religious leaders will get double.

You got it all wrong serving God doesn't make one to become wrench or poor for life, the earth is the lord and fullest thereof God Owns everything human inclusive.
Rccg manifestos are purely base on holy spirit encounter not the trash you write there concerning one blaming witches for their misfortune
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Silentmoni(m): 3:04pm On Oct 05, 2021
Let me eat my food jeje

1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Chiffy: 3:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
advanceDNA:

Lol....u can't even explain your claim.... So u resort to insult.... Insult is allowed .. na faceless forum...enjoy

Lol...cheap blackmail.
That you cannot add 1+1 is not an insult. I too do not know the square root of 7262483. But i can learn.
So you too can learn how to add 1+1.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by advanceDNA: 3:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
Chiffy:

Lol...cheap blackmail.
That you cannot add 1+1 is not an insult. I too do not know the square root of 7262483. But i can learn.
So you too can learn how to add 1+1.

...I asked u your claim, you could not answer...but you are here speaking in additions and square roots.....if you can't respond...get the fvck of men my mentions
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Capica: 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2021
Paddy you know this man. In fact he is the smartest liar i have ever known. he uses the lies that he hears from God to hypnotize his followers. He has placed himself above Jesus Christ and also puts his members in mind captivity with threats of curses. I pray God will make him repent one day
theNaughtyPope:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Capica: 3:45pm On Oct 05, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Even more than Jesus heard from God
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Christistruth00: 3:59pm On Oct 05, 2021
ATEAMS:
Starting your own businesses you mean ?

Adegboye is a Businessman and Freemason

I once couldn’t understand why he had not removed a Pastor that had committed adultery with a Married woman in a UK branch of his Church as described in Titus 1 and in 1st Timothy later on I understood that it was not about Jesus and Salvation of Souls but Foreign Currency and Financial returns

Whether the Adulterous “ Annointing” was being ministered unknowingly to the entire Congregation was none of his concern that Jesus said a little leaven ,leavens the whole loaf was just none of his business he was not interested if the entire Congregation ended up as Adulterers or with marital problems because of the Spirit that was using that Pastor
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by sageb: 4:51pm On Oct 05, 2021
Christistruth00:

Adegboye is a Businessman and Freemason

I once couldn’t understand why he had not removed a Pastor that had committed adultery with a Married woman in a UK branch of his Church as described in Titus 1 and in 1st Timothy later on I understood that it was not about Jesus and Salvation of Souls but Foreign Currency and Financial returns

Whether the Adulterous “ Annointing” was being ministered unknowingly to the entire Congregation was none of his concern that Jesus said a little leaven ,leavens the whole loaf was just none of his business he was not interested if the entire Congregation ended up as Adulterers or with marital problems because of the Spirit that was using that Pastor

this your claim is weighty
do you have evidence or reference to back up
what is the name of the adulterous pastor
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by ofiko123(m): 5:15pm On Oct 05, 2021
May God help us all. ..
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Chiffy: 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2021
advanceDNA:

...I asked u your claim, you could not answer...but you are here speaking in additions and square roots.....if you can't respond...get the fvck of men my mentions

Gerrroout and go and learn 1+1. Simple maths, you no sabi. Keep waiting for people to spoonfeed you everytime. You don't realize age again.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by chaloskyx: 5:39pm On Oct 05, 2021
MAN OF GOD MAY I IF I MAY STFU
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Kingstanding: 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2021
theNaughtyPope:

. God will bless you abundantly. Let someone close to Pastor Adeboye to ask him where are Pastor Josiah Akindayomi's children? Pastor Adeboye relegated them and put all his children in the place of Akindayomi's Children. How many people know that Redeem Christian Church of God was founded by Baba Akindayomi? I watch a video where one pastor was challenging pastor Adeboye that Baba Akindayomi children still borrowing money from RCCG. Pastor Adeboye is a big pretender. The day I decided not to listen to his preaching was the day he said that if someone does not pay tithe that person won't go to heaven. Judgement will start from house of God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by christistruth01: 6:52pm On Oct 05, 2021
sageb:

this your claim is weighty
do you have evidence or reference to back up
what is the name of the adulterous pastor

The Church is in East London those that know Know ask those who would know it wouldn't take long to confirm the story
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by oluwafeolami(m): 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2021
AngelicBeing:
lf you don't want my insult, send 500 million dollars as offering to me now in 48 hours grin

Lols, gimme 1000odds make I nack ham good money, I Dey with u 100

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Klintoncod, Maraji, Ebabykobby, Josh2funny Comedians Dress Like The Opposite Sex / Complete Breakdown Of Mathew 24:29-30 Part 2 / Six Reasons Why Youths Port From Their Parents' Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.