Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me (29357 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: “The Day My Ex Girlfriend Came To Me For Prayers" / Female Pastor Ends Prayer As Member Asks For Anointing To Open Own Church / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Zodiac61(m): 9:06pm On Oct 05, 2021
theNaughtyPope:
No be small temptation grin grin

Nigerian pastors have turned into impulsive liars. Who tempted you, and what tempted you. In the 70s when you became a pastor, pentecostal churches were not as popular as it is today. You rose to prominence because you were learned.

When you took over from Josiah Olufemi in 1981, the church was already one of the largest pentecostal churches in Nigeria, and of course one of the wealthiest.

The church was so rich you bought the campground under three years of administration.

Today, you're a proud owner of a luxury jet that cost over $50million and you're talking of temptation.

You're one of those who foresaw that religion was lucrative. And while you were making money and investing tithes and offerings in Real Estate and oil, you made your followers to believe that prayers move mountains, and that witches and family are responsible for their poverty.

If God is ever going to punish Nigerian politicians, Pastors and religious leaders will get double.

Why should a pastor let the truth stand in the way of a good story?
Liar for Christ.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by offiahvictor(m): 9:11pm On Oct 05, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Adeboye hears from God more than any other pastors in Nigeria
How did you know?
Kids talk...
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by offiahvictor(m): 9:14pm On Oct 05, 2021
Boss13:
The message is for some of his special ministers who are attempting to break away.
The only good comment here. The man is always scared when his followers try to path way ...
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by ledaman: 9:27pm On Oct 05, 2021
Business man. cheesy
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by CALCULUS16: 9:50pm On Oct 05, 2021
Religion,politics and business are the same. In religion, people want to monopolize their gods, u hear God of chosen, God of adeboye etc the muslim calls their God Allah, al azeez, al ganiy etc other religions have different names for their Gods likewise religion politicize God, u ll hear "we belong to Jesus' we belong to jehovah. if u dont believe in Jesus, u ll go to hell, is that not wickedness? what of those who r born into other religions, so they ll go to hell. The muslim will say islam is the only approved religion in the world, isnt that politics. is God political in nature? if so He is no self sufficient as we claim. Why should a self sufficient God be disturbed by wether u believe this or that, the one who made the world know its not easy for his creatures to know the absolute truth about his existence, cos Hes living right inside us, rulling every bit of atoms in the universe. make the world a better place by your service to mankind and nature, thats the best service to God rather th
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Basicend: 12:43am On Oct 06, 2021
sammysmiles:
Sometimes the voice of God doesn't make sense

Always! The true words from God cannot make sense to man.

Coz God cannot think like His creation.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Vision101(m): 5:24am On Oct 06, 2021
@Chiffy
Colonization mentality. Adeboye is beginning to sense that he might be loose key members. So he has to preach propaganda to install fear into their hearts to make his key pastors think that they cannot succeed on thier own.
Church na just business/economics.

@me
You guys just say things you don't know. Several big pastors today that are GOs were former pastors of RCCG. The tunde bakare, oyedepos etc. Several still leave today. Once you tell the church that you want to leave he will pray for you and release you.

RCCG is bigger than any human. The administration is being refined everyday to conquer the world for Christ. It's a church where the best well trained persons come in to render their service to God FREE and even bring in their money and resources. I'm one of them.

Certainly there must be something special about this God and this church. A lot of people that write trash are not one tenth as educated and exposed as an average pastor that happily render FREE service in RCCG to God.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Chiffy: 9:16am On Oct 06, 2021
Vision101:
@Chiffy
Colonization mentality. Adeboye is beginning to sense that he might be loose key members. So he has to preach propaganda to install fear into their hearts to make his key pastors think that they cannot succeed on thier own.
Church na just business/economics.

@me
You guys just say things you don't know. Several big pastors today that are GOs were former pastors of RCCG. The tunde bakare, oyedepos etc. Several still leave today. Once you tell the church that you want to leave he will pray for you and release you.

RCCG is bigger than any human. The administration is being refined everyday to conquer the world for Christ. It's a church where the best well trained persons come in to render their service to God FREE and even bring in their money and resources. I'm one of them.

Certainly there must be something special about this God and this church. A lot of people that write trash are not one tenth as educated and exposed as an average pastor that happily render FREE service in RCCG to God.

Congratulations in rendering your free, educated and exposed service to RCCG. Please while you are rendering to RCCG, also consider rendering to the growth of Nigeria. Afterall, how will RCCG conquer the world for Christ when rhe country of its headquarters is dilapidated spiritually, economically, socially, technologically, and so on

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by fydence: 10:02am On Oct 06, 2021
JackDaAlienz:
Of all things that our European colonial masters taught us
Science and Technology? NO
Invention and Development? NO
Religion ? YES

Out of all things it's only Christianity that we got from our European Missionary.
Why didn't they teach us TECHNOLOGY
So we can be advanced like them.
Instead they teach us RELIGION
Everytime
JESUS CHRIST JESUS CHRIST JESUS CHRIST. They brainwash us to the point Africans come carry Religion for head pass the Europeans wey bring am come Africa.
White people are constantly opening research and developing technology to better life.
While black man is busy talking about opening churches here and there.

I have to give to White people. Them use religion to block our senses from advancing like them. Nice one.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by elbulk(m): 8:35pm On Oct 07, 2021
theNaughtyPope:

Get your facts right. Redeemed was one of the Biggest 'pentecostal' churches at the time
Like I said maybe the region you grew up. I am fr ok m the north and free up in the north yet I didnt know redeemed till late 90s.
It only got popular io n the region in the 2000s.
Hate him if you will but redeemed under Adeboye saw exponential growth, the figures are there google is your friend, use it
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by elbulk(m): 8:39pm On Oct 07, 2021
fydence:

You called them missionaries right? Do you learn Architecture from a gardener?
The thinking that white people are not religious or do not identify with religions makes me laugh.
What did we do with our ancient religions we practised for so long with no headway?
Our mentality is our problem and not religion. Always looking for a reason to be placed as inferior
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Vision101(m): 12:22am On Oct 08, 2021
@Chiffy

Congratulations in rendering your free, educated and exposed service to RCCG. Please while you are rendering to RCCG, also consider rendering to the growth of Nigeria. Afterall, how will RCCG conquer the world for Christ when rhe country of its headquarters is dilapidated spiritually, economically, socially, technologically, and so on.

@me
The church is a major contributor to the economy of this nation. Thousands are employed directly by the church. Several others earn their living indirectly from the church. How was the mowe, sagamu, ibafon, ota axis before the church. How are they now? What brought development to those axis? There was a day I had need to get a hotel accommodation at ikeja. I went round and I couldn't get any. What was the problem? Christ Embassy had a program. All hotels in ikeja and down to opebi were fully booked. Is that not economic impact?

Anytime any of the major churches has a major program there will always be an influx of foreigners and diaspora citizens. Will they not spend money in the economy? An average room and parlour apartment in mowe and sagamu goes for #150,000 for 5 days letting anytime RCCG has a major program. I can cite schools, hospitals, roads and ancillary services etc that the churches contribute to the economy.

You guys should hold your wicked and greedy political leaders responsible. They are the ones that manage what belong to all of us. No one forces anyone to belong to any church. Incidentally it's the outsiders and those that have no contribution to the church that make so much noise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Klintoncod, Maraji, Ebabykobby, Josh2funny Comedians Dress Like The Opposite Sex / Complete Breakdown Of Mathew 24:29-30 Part 2 / Six Reasons Why Youths Port From Their Parents' Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.