Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

How Good Is Arik Airline? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Good Is Arik Airline? (9891 Views)

My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday / My Travel Experience With Arik Airline / How Good And Reliable Is Arik From Lagos To Heathrow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by owohblow: 10:40am On Jun 03, 2011
Am okay with them.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by bebe4u(f): 10:50am On Jun 03, 2011
Arik hmmmn, wish anyone luck who goes near that airline. i avoid them like a plague. quite unfortunate no other airline offers a standard service but at least i manage with aero and dana. I have several tales of disappointment and un used tickets i wont even waste my time trying to get a refund because i know i wont get it.

i think we should start a chain of BB mesages till the entire Nigeria gets enlightened about their crappy service, it could get to the managers and get them restructuring.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by bebe4u(f): 10:53am On Jun 03, 2011
@ owoh blow

Am okay with them.

In what way please enlighten us .
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by owohblow: 10:54am On Jun 03, 2011
gone on them a couple of times and never had any cause to complain.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by shirleyz: 10:55am On Jun 03, 2011
Used Arik on international flight, my complaint was the lack of entertainment, the screen was just there but didnt experience any dissapointment as such anyway.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by mbulela: 10:59am On Jun 03, 2011
while i obviously have no need to refute my erlier comments, i fly either Arik, Air Nigeria or Aero locally and i see no difference in any of them.They are all the same.sometimes good, sometimes bad.
Just like Arik, i will not fly any of them internationally.It is a risk i am not willing to take and will not wish it on my enemy.

on a good note, they mailed one of my folk (earlier mentioned) and asked her to collect a refund as she had over paid for her london/lagos flight ticket.
They corresponded repeatedly and were very courteous.
anyway this was from the Uk, so i guess the customer service from that end might be a better.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by zalak45: 11:16am On Jun 03, 2011
Aero contractors open lead over other airlines on naijavote live poll.

vote your best Nigerian Airline

Share, vote and comment on:

http://www.naijavote.com/main/view/669
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by fxtopedia(m): 11:45am On Jun 03, 2011
I have no regret using it, however no perfect airline!
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by chinakobo(m): 11:47am On Jun 03, 2011
I flew arik air from Kano to Lagos
we were supposed to take-off by 2:35pm but we ended up taking of by 5:30pm
In flight, we were served 2 small loaves of bread and a disposable cup of water
Mid way, the cabin lost pressure and my ear drums pained me for 3 days
There was alot of turbulence because the weather was poor and i guess the pilot was tired
he has been flying from ivory coast to cotonu to jos to kano and then to lagos.

On my way back, i used cross country and was served rice wit chicken. The journey was long
but i didnt mind. I dont think i will fly arik again.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2011
Arik staffers at the Ikeja local airport are sooo rude and have no respect for customers.
The flight schedules are never on time.
The food served on board the flights are s.h1t.
It is proberbly better to take a night luxury bus if you have got a schedule to keep.
And I am talking about their so called business/executive class.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by hackney(m): 1:02pm On Jun 03, 2011
Arik air is very good as far as local flights go.
I fly it all the time.
Tried it once (when aero was sold out) and have never looked back since
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by vislabraye(m): 1:55pm On Jun 03, 2011
To me, Arik is still the best airline. I thought aero was the best until my latest discovery a few weeks back.

I had intended to go by Arik initially, but I decided to change my mind and took Aero. That was the worse day of my flying experience. A flight thatwas scheduled 10:00 am was postponed till 1;30. Waiting was hell.

To make matter worst, when I boarded the plane, it was very very full. The AC were not walking properly. I regretted. I even had to buy my snacks. Absurd. In Arik the flight would be cheaper and snacks wuld be free. Their airl plane is always clean and fresh.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by AjanleKoko: 2:08pm On Jun 03, 2011
^^
Forget that cancellation story.
Arik is the worst when it comes to that. I've waited for an 11am flight from Kaduna for 2 days in the past.
As in, the flight was cancelled for 2 days, and I had to spend an extra 2 days in KD.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by delicious1(m): 2:24pm On Jun 03, 2011
Dunno about how good they are. But they sure do have a lot of unsatisfied customers. undecided
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by MMM2(m): 3:04pm On Jun 03, 2011
arik is good 4 local but 2 bad 2 use when moving out of 9ja.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by Reference(m): 4:16pm On Jun 03, 2011
RICHIE BOI:

i rate them low. the company owes its workers alot. presently as am writing this the workers are being owed 2 months salary.while the company is making profits everyday. how sad. angry

Not true. There's no airline in Nigeria making money. How can you when over 60% of your cost is offshore in raw foreign exchange. What you see in Arik is symptomatic of the aviation business in Nigeria. Where they have no wealthy patrons, they are running on bank credit. For Arik it is obvious their patrons have gravitated away from political power so easy cash is harder to come by. The government bail out has not been forth coming so the circle has to be squared. I will only thank old Harold for keeping them from dropping from the sky. If tired looking food, movies and staff is your complaint please be realistic. The Nigerian economy simply cannot support a vibrant aviation business.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by AjanleKoko: 4:25pm On Jun 03, 2011
Reference:

Not true. There's no airline in Nigeria making money. How can you when over 60% of your cost is offshore in raw foreign exchange. What you see in Arik is symptomatic of the aviation business in Nigeria. Where they have no wealthy patrons, they are running on bank credit. For Arik it is obvious their patrons have gravitated away from political power so easy cash is harder to come by. The government bail out has not been forth coming so the circle has to be squared. I will only thank old Harold for keeping them from dropping from the sky. If tired looking food, movies and staff is your complaint please be realistic. The Nigerian economy simply cannot support a vibrant aviation business.

Very correct. Aviation fuel cost alone can wipe out any airline in Nigeria.
Though I think Virgin (Air Nigeria) sobered up quickly and re-adjusted, dropping long haul routes. Likewise Aero, after the Ibrus debacle, have tightened up ship and converted into a low-cost airline. Arik went over the top way to early, and are now feeling the pinch.

@bolded comment, exactly my view.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by benoitt(f): 4:41pm On Jun 03, 2011
Arik really has a knack for late take off. Its even become the norm for anyone who intends to be late to ask for arik as they know they never depart as scheduled. Its sad indeed.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by OmoTier1(m): 5:03pm On Jun 03, 2011
Longhaul, flew them from Heathrow to Lagos, clean aircraft, good customer service from thier staff in london - even called thier staff in lagos to tell them my flight might arrive earlier than my local connecting flight and that they should wait at the arrival to pick me and couple of others up. In service entertainment was okay but they need to improve vastly - more naija contents please!

In lagos, was picked up by a very polite lady into a waiting bus, however when we arrived at the local wing, I observed with shock that staff at the counter were very rude, uncultured and illmannered towards customers. Again, I think it reflects the attitude of the nigerian worker in nigeria - personal opinion!

If only Arik and other nigerian own airlines were getting the support from the FG like BA en co are getting from thier own government.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by Reference(m): 5:16pm On Jun 03, 2011
When you consider the average airline having less than a dozen aircraft we are talking about moving a maximum of five thousand passengers a day. This will gross on average 100 million a day at the very top end. (I'm sure this is attained by very few). That is just shy of $ 650,000 daily. How much is the wet lease on a 737 these days. Then when you remove fuel at about forty million + a day to run those planes what is left for airport dues and almighty maintenance when and when it comes. It is a cut throat business. Nigerians are not just traveling in such numbers that could bring in seventy to eighty planes an average airline will require to make good profit. They may have a few good days during the holiday season but these are few and far between.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by Egbagirl(f): 5:48pm On Jun 03, 2011
anyone ever flown Turkish Airlines?
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by Dsense(m): 6:46pm On Jun 03, 2011
Turkish is the best AIRLINE i ever bought then Emirate airline cool

OP.

Have you tried Donkey Airline? undecided lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by vislabraye(m): 6:55pm On Jun 03, 2011
Never knew there were many disgruntled Arik Air flyers. . . Most times I board their flight, its always luxurious. The secon best I have flown is Dana Air.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by lepasharon(f): 8:00pm On Jun 03, 2011
lol dey were talkin about it on d tejubaby face show grin dey say u can eat amala on ur flight
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by AMIGO112(m): 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2011
Arik??!!!, peep this.Bought a 10:20 ticket for a Lagos to Abuja flight on the 13/05/2011. By 10am they announced a 1hr delay. Little did we know that all their planes were grounded on the account that they owed their fuel suppliers. There was chaos in the lounge by 6pm when they announced that flights going to Maiduguri, Yola and Benin were canceled as these airports did not have facilities to aid night landing; passengers went berserk! to cut the long story short, we left Lagos 9:30pm!! howz bout that for the broken wings of Nigeria ?
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by banqkool: 10:18pm On Jun 03, 2011
ARIK IS DEAD AND USELESS
HAD A VERY BAD FIRST IMPRESSION WITH THEM JULY 2010
LOS- ABV- KAT
THE DELAYED THE FLIGHT FROM 9AM TILL LIKE 2PM FRM ABV-KAT 5HRS
NO ANNOUNCEMENT NOTHING NO COMPENSATION OF ANY FORM
TERRIBLE PEOPLE INDEED.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by Pinnacle(m): 11:18pm On Jun 03, 2011
What is ARIK?

This post is definitely not for me, i better stick to my okadas and buses. I am going back to d homepage to read another post.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by snowdrops(m): 11:56pm On Jun 03, 2011
their ticket prices are usually more expensive than BA and Virgin when compared on sites such as opodo. ie london to lagos route.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by noblegas2(m): 4:49am On Jun 04, 2011
Yau yau airline!
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by NnamdiN: 7:21am On Jun 04, 2011
I'll come back wen I enter plane grin for now, arik "keke na pep sa" is just okay grin grin God where I bin dey wen u dey create ajebutters ehn?
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by igbogolo: 12:25pm On Jun 04, 2011
I have flown a lot of budget airlines. South west, ryanair, easy jet, bmi, aer lingoes, swiss air. Arik air in my opinion trumps them hands down. As for ryanair particularly, they are very punctual and that may count for some people. My last ark air flight was from owerri to lagos in November 2010. Although the flight left late and only flew at a very low altitude, the flight was very clean and comfortable. this 737-700NG had leather seats and the air conditioning and ambience was a mile better than all the budget airlines in US and europe that I have flown. Arik does not know that the flight experience starts from the time you visit www.arikair.com to purchase the tickets and not only when you board the plane. ticketing and boarding and punctuality almost always carries a higher significance than the actual flight for some passengers. thats why i like dana airs e-ticketing which is by far superior to aero and arik combined.

However on the international route, I am not a frequent flier with ark. i used them to london just once when they just introduced their A340-500 aircraft. It was a memorable flight for me, the food, leg space was terrific. I heard its so bad now,  but i don't know as i have never flown with them of late.
Re: How Good Is Arik Airline? by Joey82(m): 2:08pm On Jun 04, 2011
Arik? Those guyz virtually ruined me.
Here's my story.

I live in Yola, Adamawa State, was scheduled for an interview in Lagos by 2pm on that faithfull day. The company informed me i could come by air since where am staying is too far. I decided to leave yola on the day of interview since departur time is usually 8.40am, thinking i shold be in Lagos at 12noon at worst.

Getting to Abuja, the normal practice is passengers alighting in Abuja go down while continuing passengers remain on board for Abuja passengers to join. On this faithful day, we were all asked to disembark, that we will join another connecting flight to Lagos. To cut long story short, i was still at the abuja airport at 3pm while the interview was scheduled for 2pm. I got to Lagos after 5pm and whatever happened is what i dont even want to talk about.

In short arik sucks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help: Cable Visa To Belarus / Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG / It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.