Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG (9901 Views)

Impressive Compliance To Lagos Transport Terms In Ajah / Photos Of Burning Lagos Transport Bus / Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by AutoReportNG: 5:08am On Apr 12, 2019
Inspirations abound in our environment, irrespective of where you live, stay or your location, you are bound to get inspired with something that will be a major brand to either your business or help add beauty to your hood.

Lagos is a cosmopolitan city, a home to 20 million Nigerians from different walks of life. Lagos is home to Nigerians, Asians, Americans, Europeans and lots more who came here for business, pleasure or for tourist. One thing that makes Lagos unique is the traffic, the noise, the danfos and the Keke Napep that makes part of our day to day transportation.

Danfo is a public transport used by Lagosians, according to history, the etymology of “Danfo” is enmeshed in controversy. “Danfo” or “dafo”. according to some sources, was derived from the tendency for commuters to sit separately, hence the expression “danfo gedegbe” (“alone” or “unattached.”)

Danfo is a minibus taxi that, like the molue and it emerged in the 1970s. The origin of the word “danfo” is not certain, but some say it means “hurry” in Yoruba.

The danfo buses were Volkswagen Kombi buses which seat twelve passengers. Other models are the Volkswagen Transporter (popularly known as FEDECO after the Federal Electoral Commission of 1979-1983 which had a fleet of transporter buses), the Toyota Hiace, the Nissan Urvan, Mitsubishi L300, etc.

The danfo has become the main means of commercial transport in Lagos because of the fact that it plies virtually all bus routes.

Lagosians and Africans will agree that Danfos have been a source of inspiration to many businesses in Lagos, Nigeria and the world at Large.

AutoReportNG decided to do a reportage on businesses which have been inspired by the Lagos public transport. When we talk of businesses, we talking of business who have either modelled their business, look, environment or concept around the Lagos public transportation and interestingly, we have some few for you...

A Resturant In Danfo Bus

[img]https://3.bp..com/-rQODO6csXWg/XLAK_5CRDQI/AAAAAAAAaN4/OH326w46thM047FQwaXzqs1WIo5n8F9CACLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Danfo_Business_027_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

One of the amazing creativity of Nigerians is the ability to create something unique out of nothing and one of these creativities is the Danfo Bistro and Dives. Danfo Bistro and Dives is a Nigerian-inspired restaurant that fuses foreign dishes with Nigerian elements and vice versa which had its office in Ikoyi. Danfo Bistro is made from a scrap of a danfo bus and remodified to have the kitchen setup.

According to Eat Drink Lagos, "there are one or two local staples on [the menu], but it’s largely Nigerian-inspired. Inspired in the sense that they make use of Nigerian elements in plates that are, by and large, not Nigerian per se."

Danfo Bistro which was launched in December has quickly become a spot for the seekers of aesthetically-pleasing spaces and good food to experiment with. A picture of their Ewa Agoyin sandwich which Eat Drink Lagos posted on Twitter in January is making rounds on social media, for its meal pricing and presentation. We need to warn you though, their Ewa Agoyin and bread is reportedly said to cost about 2500 naira, so be prepared else you wash plates... LOL

[img]https://4.bp..com/-qhsqowbnLyM/XLALWVL_LAI/AAAAAAAAaOA/Wpuw9HkLjdIf8_7bFuOcdWJyZJVeO9x1gCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Danfo_Business_013_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Danfo In A Shop

[img]https://3.bp..com/-lpFoIfodXnU/XLAKYwlexMI/AAAAAAAAaNg/8W8R4NxYodARh5IzWfDmaY_q-H-tEu16gCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Danfo_Business_005_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

For those who ply Falomo Road in Ikoyi, you must have noticed a certain building close to FCMB, its a unique which has become a sort of an attraction because the owner decided to do something unique! The building has the danfo head built to have this creative feel. The building is said to be like 12years old but we can't ignore the feel it brings along.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-lYOXRYTxoak/XLAKqE8C1QI/AAAAAAAAaNs/XKdtMu2XUCo2QIb7S8YaJB0p1kbj6fcKgCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Danfo_Business_020_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

An Artistic Expression of Vintage Cars

[img]https://2.bp..com/-j6Uz1uGFrps/XLAJcfKDdWI/AAAAAAAAaMo/i5CCUsu66vUgIWN8f4wDXj-Z8SltleiaACLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Danfo_Business_002_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Diseye Tantua may not ring a bell as little or few Nigerians may likely know him but when you google, The Artist Cars, his name will surely make the first page. Celebrated painter and mixed media artist Diseye Tantua, opens his exhibition entitled S-Art, in 2017, at the Kia Showroom to exhibit his works which are mainly cars collection crafted from the Lagos day to day lifestyle.

Diseye Tantua is best known for his iconic style of “Afro Pop Art,” combining graphic symbols, bold colours, and expressive text. His drawings are based on traditional proverbs that are made popular by headboards and bumper stickers on buses, taxis, tricycles and street signs. Tantua focuses on social groups in urban spaces, often depicting forms of transit and movement. These scenes are overlaid with popular local expressions that speak to the energy and dynamism of the city’s inhabitants. Using vintage cars, among them his father’s classic Mercedes Benz, Tantua has created chairs, couches, and tables that have been welded and painted to breathe new life into the salvaged car parts.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-j5EH9LrvPDs/XLAJurBTpwI/AAAAAAAAaNA/LxUh_KJbnVgfXZKpgQckkLmuai7ab3FhACLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Danfo_Business_004_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Lekki Road Beautification

[img]https://3.bp..com/-d7js8nLRpsE/XLAIx3LF_bI/AAAAAAAAaMU/JLEl_uTgMeUNlGGnWrmf8P_WwvP610DfwCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Danfo_Business_008_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

For those going to Law School, Lekki and Eko Hotels, just immediately after the traffic lights, you will see the graffiti works done by the Lagos State. The graffiti was done using Keke Marwa's head to depict the colourful nature of the city of Lagos and we love it. The graffiti painting is part of Gov. Ambode's plan to beautify various bus stops across the state. Some of these abandon works can be seen at Falomo, Obalende, Ojuelegba among others.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-XpNaLdM0YuQ/XLAJO-mOI-I/AAAAAAAAaMk/Jlsa6yxfPEwk8iGEOQHmTkzkLE9juVbFwCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Danfo_Business_019_AutoReportNG.com.JPG[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/04/businesses-arts-inspired-by-lagos.html

8 Likes

Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by AutoReportNG: 5:08am On Apr 12, 2019
Creative

See more of the pictures, arts and creativity here

https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/04/businesses-arts-inspired-by-lagos.html
Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by Onlinealaba(m): 5:33am On Apr 12, 2019
I love art all about creativity, these scammers above are they robots, they keep doing this cheap scam even though nobody falls for such..mods oya do una work
Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by daddytime(m): 5:36am On Apr 12, 2019
This is creativity at its best..
Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by amaniro: 6:19am On Apr 12, 2019
Beautiful. But do they have have food trucks in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by delugajackson: 6:23am On Apr 12, 2019
The danfo restaurant in the first picture looks amazing. Beautiful piece of art.

6 Likes

Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by Gsteve01(m): 11:26am On Apr 12, 2019
Kool

To RENT OR BUY HOUSE, Check MY SIGNATURE
Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by ehinorlive: 11:26am On Apr 12, 2019
new development
meanwhile i sell data across all network check by sign
Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by Ekakamba: 11:30am On Apr 12, 2019
This is CREATIVITY! Big ups!!!! grin tongue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by KingLennon(m): 11:30am On Apr 12, 2019
Very creative. Sometimes I look at Nigeria and where we are currently, I just weep
Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by MufasaRebirth: 11:35am On Apr 12, 2019
KingLennon:
Very creative. Sometimes I look at Nigeria and where we are currently, I just weep
Water plenty for your eye sad undecided

1 Like

Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by Godsgift7837: 11:36am On Apr 12, 2019
Being kissed� while sleeping is one of the cutest way to show love�‍❤‍� but these daughters of Eve all they know is to go through your phone once you fall asleep

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by Constantiney: 11:37am On Apr 12, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Inspirations abound in our environment, irrespective of where you live, stay or your location, you are bound to get inspired with something that will be a major brand to either your business or help add beauty to your hood.

Lagos is a cosmopolitan city, a home to 20 million Nigerians from different walks of life. Lagos is home to Nigerians, Asians, Americans, Europeans and lots more who came here for business, pleasure or for tourist. One thing that makes Lagos unique is the traffic, the noise, the danfos and the Keke Napep that makes part of our day to day transportation.

Danfo is a public transport used by Lagosians, according to history, the etymology of “Danfo” is enmeshed in controversy. “Danfo” or “dafo”. according to some sources, was derived from the tendency for commuters to sit separately, hence the expression “danfo gedegbe” (“alone” or “unattached.”)

Danfo is a minibus taxi that, like the molue and it emerged in the 1970s. The origin of the word “danfo” is not certain, but some say it means “hurry” in Yoruba.

The danfo buses were Volkswagen Kombi buses which seat twelve passengers. Other models are the Volkswagen Transporter (popularly known as FEDECO after the Federal Electoral Commission of 1979-1983 which had a fleet of transporter buses), the Toyota Hiace, the Nissan Urvan, Mitsubishi L300, etc.

The danfo has become the main means of commercial transport in Lagos because of the fact that it plies virtually all bus routes.

Lagosians and Africans will agree that Danfos have been a source of inspiration to many businesses in Lagos, Nigeria and the world at Large.

AutoReportNG decided to do a reportage on businesses which have been inspired by the Lagos public transport. When we talk of businesses, we talking of business who have either modelled their business, look, environment or concept around the Lagos public transportation and interestingly, we have some few for you...

A Resturant In Danfo Bus

[img]https://3.bp..com/-rQODO6csXWg/XLAK_5CRDQI/AAAAAAAAaN4/OH326w46thM047FQwaXzqs1WIo5n8F9CACLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Danfo_Business_027_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

One of the amazing creativity of Nigerians is the ability to create something unique out of nothing and one of these creativities is the Danfo Bistro and Dives. Danfo Bistro and Dives is a Nigerian-inspired restaurant that fuses foreign dishes with Nigerian elements and vice versa which had its office in Ikoyi. Danfo Bistro is made from a scrap of a danfo bus and remodified to have the kitchen setup.

Too much hype, i wonder when Nigerians that were unable to elect competent leaders - turned asians.

Common toothpick, you lot still import
Keep hyping nonsense there.

Smh
Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by Akwaibomdude(m): 11:38am On Apr 12, 2019
I like this
Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by Baawaa(m): 11:39am On Apr 12, 2019
Danfo Bistro which was launched in December has quickly become a spot for the seekers of aesthetically-pleasing spaces and good food to experiment with. A picture of their Ewa Agoyin sandwich which Eat Drink Lagos posted on Twitter in January is making rounds on social media, for its meal pricing and presentation. We need to warn you though, their Ewa Agoyin and bread is reportedly said to cost about 2500 naira, so be prepared else you wash plates... LOL
Ewa Agoyin sandwich cost 2,500 naira,for what,how much is the pot of Ewa Agoyin in my area

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by amakajoe(f): 11:40am On Apr 12, 2019
Beans,bread and dodo for 2500? Wetin happen shocked
Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by Nairalandmentor(m): 11:40am On Apr 12, 2019
shocked
Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by anochuko01(m): 11:48am On Apr 12, 2019
KingLennon:
Picture of you weeping or just s**u!
Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by Kendumazy(m): 11:51am On Apr 12, 2019
The Danfo restaurant is dope!
Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by erico2k2(m): 11:58am On Apr 12, 2019
Constantiney:

Too much hype, i wonder when Nigerians that were unable to elect competent leaders - turned asians.

Common toothpick, you lot still import
Keep hyping nonsense there.

Smh
My friend go and sit in ur Hut, even the Uk import toothpick, do you know how many machines one has to assemble to make one strand of toothpick?Una mumu neva dooo??

3 Likes

Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by Zuluhead(m): 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2019
please where is the location, i wanna go relax my head a bit with my made in heaven.
Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 12, 2019
anochuko01:
Picture of you weeping or just s**u!

grin grin
Re: Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG by AutoReportNG: 12:58pm On Apr 12, 2019
Zuluhead:
please where is the location, i wanna go relax my head a bit with my made in heaven.

That Danfo Resturant is in Ikoyi, but the atmosphere is cozy, comfy and relaxing

(1) (2) (Reply)

It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. / 21 Weird Laws Of UAE Dubai That Can Land You In Jail / Surviving In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.