Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks (16083 Views)

Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) / Why Are Alcoholic Drinks Allowed To Be Sold At Motor-Parks, Bus Stops, Etc? / Yuletide : Transport Union Bans Alcohol Sales In Lagos Motor Parks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by bluefilm: 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2021
Islamization don start o be dat.
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by FuckAllTheMODs: 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2021
OP your head o.

I thought this man has turn Imo to Kano with that heading.

grin cheesy
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by ZUBY77(m): 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2021
That Owerri-Okigwe Road needs to be dualized. It is a very dangerous road
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Kobojunkie: 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2021
festacman:
Good move but the fact is that the alcohol-addicted drivers will now resume the day with enough supply hidden under their seats to 'shine eye' at intervals.
If you admit the statement in bold, how then is this a "good" move? undecided

Help me understand how your mind processes these things please. undecided
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Decryptor(m): 3:38pm On Oct 06, 2021
The agenda has begun!

It has started in Imo state. Gradually, from motor parks, it would become full blown.

We knew it!
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by themonk(m): 3:38pm On Oct 06, 2021
Moferere:
They called him supleme court governor, but he keeps making tangible decisions.

Invariably, he is the only Governor with balls from the East.

Quote me unnecessarily and get dragged
How is this a tangible decision? Banning selling of alcoholic beverages at the park just means drivers would get it from other places and bring it to the park. It is a very stupid decision, what would have made sense is empowering task force to carry out breathalyzer tests on drivers before they embark on their journey.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Antoeni(m): 3:39pm On Oct 06, 2021
Facts

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Jayrow08: 3:39pm On Oct 06, 2021
Imo State, na dis one b Una problem now?
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by calyto: 3:40pm On Oct 06, 2021
Imo state parks should be excluded from beverage tax grin grin grin grin grin grin

Kolo region
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by DOCU(m): 3:40pm On Oct 06, 2021
Alhaji Hopism @ work.
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by odomanis: 3:40pm On Oct 06, 2021
Moferere:
They called him supleme court governor, but he keeps making tangible decisions.

Invariably, he is the only Governor with balls from the East.

Quote me unnecessarily and get dragged

May your state also get his kind of Governor. Amen !

1 Like

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by festacman(m): 3:41pm On Oct 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
If you admit the statement in bold, how then is this a "good" move? undecided

Help me understand how your mind processes these things please. undecided

I try to be an analyst, pointing things out. Not complicated, is it?
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Lugianostar(m): 3:42pm On Oct 06, 2021
Stopping it isn't a problem but checkmating them in accordance to the law.
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by GeoAfrikana(m): 3:42pm On Oct 06, 2021
JosephXavier:
The Supreme

Bad road contributes over 50% of road accidents but the Supreme Court governor, in a gradual attempt to aligning himself with the fulanisation agenda of his masters, will instead of constructing quality roads, will create a distraction from the main fact
Big lie.

Most accidents even occur on the best roads. Overspeeding, poor maintenance practice, distraction (with mobile phone, eating or passengers showing drivers 'interesting' things), driving under influence of alcohol and sleep are the more common causes of accidents.

Get your facts right before talking.
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Oct 06, 2021
festacman:
I try to be analyst, pointing things out. Not complicated, is it?
So using the analytical skill of yours tell us what aspect of this ban is "good"? undecided
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Oct 06, 2021
GeoAfrikana:

Big lie
He is right about the bad roads contributing more to accidents particularly in much of Nigeria undecided
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by MrJames007: 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2021
No need. Drivers who will still shark will shark.
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Pchizy: 3:46pm On Oct 06, 2021
Very good step.
Just wondering about the shops opposite or near the park.
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 06, 2021
Okay
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by GeoAfrikana(m): 3:47pm On Oct 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
He is right about the bad roads contributing more to accidents particularly in much of Nigeria undecided
No, he isn't.

Bad roads increase the cost of car maintenance and cause discomfort when traveling.

However, they're not one of the biggest causes of accidents.

There's a reason why we always have speed bumps on our good roads. It's because of reckless driving. It's very rare for a good road without bump not to record at least one fatal accident per month.
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by JOemmy(m): 3:48pm On Oct 06, 2021
I passed through okigwe road the other day there's absolutely nothing world class in the ongoing construction work I saw there uzodima should go to akwa ibom and ebonyi states and see how quality standard roads are been constructed.
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Giltexo: 3:50pm On Oct 06, 2021
Foolish fools ... person no fit reason like human being for ones and his likes are here clapping...ban wetin you fit ban ...so na only for Moto parks we fit get alcoholic drinks... nonsense

1 Like

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by HolyStriker(m): 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2021
What about the roads Hope?
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by festacman(m): 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So using the analytical skill of yours tell us what aspect of this ban is "good"? undecided

Won't you do everything lawfully possible to discourage your driver from drinking alcoholic drink before driving you?

By the way, I hope you aren't using me to hone your interrogatory talent.
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by olaniyilukman(m): 3:53pm On Oct 06, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Lol .. Next is to set up task force to play the role of hisbah in enforcing illicit sales in motor parks and bars across the State.

Aboki Governor
You people are the problem of this country, what the governor just did is a very loudable one, if you have had the opportunities to travel out of this country, then you will know that what we are doing in this country is abnormal..

1 Like

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by galaxy2020(m): 3:53pm On Oct 06, 2021
He left the anti- open grazing law and instead doing this.
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by gazza07(m): 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
Fulani puppet. He should also invite Hisbah so they'll commence destruction of all alcoholic drinks in imo state after which they'll collect VAT paid on the same alcoholic drinks. Iberiberism
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On Oct 06, 2021
GeoAfrikana:

No, he isn't.

Bad roads increase the cost of car maintenance and cause discomfort when traveling.

However, they're not one of the biggest causes of accidents.

There's a reason why we always have speed bumps on our good roads. It's because of reckless driving. It's very rare for a good road without bump not to record at least one fatal accident per month.
Open your mind please. https://www.makeroadssafe.org/understanding-the-link-between-unsafe-road-conditions-and-car-accidents/
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On Oct 06, 2021
festacman:
Won't you do everything lawfully possible to discourage your driver from drinking alcoholic drink before driving you?

By the way, I hope you aren't using me to hone your interrogatory talent.
A Ban is not lawful that is why it was necessary to change the law to accommodate it. And as you already pointed out yourself, the ban is meaningless where the problem is concerned since those who will drink will stil drink. undecided

So, the question remains, how did you conclude that this is a "good" thing if you, as you claim, indeed analyzed the facts before you. undecided
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Nice though...

All those motorists.....early in the morning them don high.....
Enter steering dey drive nonsense

Na all those trailers drivers and thier motor boy worse pass

All those ones go just drink mixture finish begin do fast and furious for inside city road

LMAO!
The audacity in this irony though.

Person wey dey use weed as pillow, puff while showering dey yan dust about other people highness. Ogbeni, move one side joh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Steppinrazor(m): 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2021
olaniyilukman:
You people are the problem of this country, what the governor just did is a very loudable one, if you have had the opportunities to travel out of this country, then you will know that what we are doing in this country is abnormal..
You are d major problem of dis country, dis leaders keep churning out policies that are not enforceable in Nigeria, banning the sales of Alcohol in the park is just a waste of time , cos driver can get their alcohol along the road after leaving the park , get high before in resuming for work , unless alcohol test, smelling drivers mouth before driving this is just another trash

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

20 Funny Suggestions For Driving In Lagos – Gidimeister / God Saved Me From Accident And Arm Robbery Attack. / Beware: Online Dynamic Ltd “immigration Visas To Canada”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.