Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

We Really Need Another Section. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / We Really Need Another Section. (2112 Views)

Thermostats, Do we really need them :) / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? / I Urgently Need Another Clean Naija Used Eod For 1m: 08032851997. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Really Need Another Section. by texazzpete(m): 10:35pm On May 31, 2011
I think it would be most effective if somehow Seun could somehow implement a referral/reputation system. Kinda like the 'feedback' on eBay.
This can be exploited, though. So an easy way out could be the mod stickies a thread called "Trusted Auto dealers". In that thread you could have a listing of the trusted dealers on NL and potential buyers can see if they are doing business with known people.  

My 2 cents.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by femmy2010(m): 10:57pm On May 31, 2011
The strict enforcement of current auto section rules should be a starting point and remember that Virtue can only flourish among equals.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by calculusx(m): 11:08pm On May 31, 2011
texazzpete:

I think it would be most effective if somehow Seun could somehow implement a referral/reputation system. Kinda like the 'feedback' on eBay.
This can be exploited, though. So an easy way out could be the mod stickies a thread called "Trusted Auto dealers". In that thread you could have a listing of the trusted dealers on NL and potential buyers can see if they are doing business with known people.  

My 2 cents.

I disagree because on this auto section, we have seen people who sang praises of another dealer in the name of getting recognized and getting deals and neither do we know its the same dealer in the mirror posing as the seller/buyer singing praises simultaneously. Nigerians, we are too smart.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by BizBooks(m): 12:20am On Jun 01, 2011
Sicherheit:

Finally, I want to suggest that things like temperament should be put into consideration when picking a moderator for a highly charged section like this. Some people get too hot under the collar too quickly to be mods. Yes, Mr. chelseabmw I'm looking at you.

It may actually take a mod who gets "too hot under the collar too quickly" to sanitize this place. When ChelseaBMW was appointed, fired and re-appointed a moderator, I thought that will have a chilling effect on him and render him ineffective. Apparently that is not the case. He is still fighting for the good guys. Below is a portion of the comment he made on this thread:

I believe i sent messages to some dealers here letting them know the difference between the bulk section and the auto section.I have also contacted few dealers too through their threads.But they still do whats on their mind.

Maybe the moderators should keep us abreast of their enforcement actions so we don't think they are sitting idle.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by superlado: 2:15am On Jun 01, 2011
hi guys by commenting and posting ideas we are brainstorming and looking for a solution to the problem at hand which is dealers posting more than 3 vehicles a day.
why dont we transform nairaland auto section into something similar to autotrader or kijiji.
let sections be created by the architect of niaraland auto-section.
Examples of sections:
cars, jeeps, spacebuses, buses(hummer, faragon), tippers, trailer head, heavy equipment (wheel loaders, bulldozers), etc.
Then they further break it down into brands e.g toyota, Nissan, Mack, volvo, caterpillar, komatsu etc
Then they further break it down into models e.g camry,corolla, altima, RD, DM, Cat 950, Cat 966, komatsu WA450, etc
then they further break it down into years e.g 1998, 2009, 2003, 1992, 1996, 1986, etc

1-Then they create another section for customers that want to pre-order
2-Another section for dealers that deal in cotonu runs, that way customers that need to go to cotonu have dealers that can assist them with information and even follow them.
3-another section for clearing agents to post their information and when customer need their services they know where to go.
4-Another section for tokunboh vehicles
5-Another for 9ja used vehicle.
6-salvaged and accident cars
7-mechanics, diagnostics, re-wire, panel beaters and painter (addresses and phone numbers)

6-The moderators have to confirm and check the track record of dealers in every section that way customers have peace of mind when dealing with deals. e.g making sure the clearing agents have the proper license to clear goods for customers.
7-And dealers should be rated based on sales, quality and quick delivery of pre-orders.
8-After customers purchase from a nairalander they should rate and put down comments about the seller and how they were treated, that way other customers know and all sellers sit up and treat their customers right.
9-Customers commenting on pre-orders, was your vehicle delivered on-time and did you get value for your money or you were reaped off.
10- A way for nairalanders to check carfax for free on any vehicle because of dishonest dealers selling accidented vehicles to customer as though they have clean titles.
11-Mechanics,re-wire, panel beater, painters etc should be rated by customers and moderators should confirm their service that way recommending them to customers due to past record.
12-how many people have gone the auto-section to look for a Reg. 2003 honda accord (EOD) and you have to go through so many posts for hours looking for your choice, a good deal and something within your price range but when you do a search most are all tokunbohs.
13- if everything has a section customers that are looking for a jeep, toyota brand, model and year know where to go to instead of looking through the whole auto section
14- this will also reduce the problem of sellers bumping,re-posting,available,still available so many times in a day because they want their vehicles on-top so new customers will see it.

If all or most of this are done we all can take nairaland to a place it has never gone before and also prepare it for a glorious future.
This will also increase more traffic to this site and cause all sellers to sell and deliver quality vehicles to all customers at competitive prices and with intergrity.
This will make customers happy with their purchases, quality of vehicle, competitive price, integrity of dealers and in turn bring more business to car dealers on nairaland.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by ocee87: 6:58am On Jun 01, 2011
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by mastro: 9:44am On Jun 01, 2011
as a slight spin off of this idea

Can we get the moderators to pin any post that is not a for sale thread to the top for a period of time (I suggest 2 days) this will ensure visibility and hopefully encourage members to contribute.

As for an approved section, it would probably require too much work unless the dealers are ready to pay for it, then you have the situation of how to resolve disputes where a "approved dealer" is involved.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by emeshot: 10:23am On Jun 01, 2011
To add to the contributions I feel we should also have a way inwhich we can seriousely register dealers in this site with original identifications and also meet each open apart from the forum to make it very real.

Most of us take this forum as a place to play and it is not funny any more.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by emeshot: 10:42am On Jun 01, 2011
To add to the contributions I feel we should also have a way inwhich we can seriousely register dealers in this site with original identifications and also meet each open apart from the forum to make it very real.

Most of us take this forum as a place to play and it is not funny any more.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by BizBooks(m): 12:55pm On Jun 01, 2011
mastro:

As for an approved section, it would probably require too much work unless the dealers are ready to pay for it, then you have the situation of how to resolve disputes where a "approved dealer" is involved.

An approved section should not require a lot of work. All we have to do is create another section called the "Approved Dealers Section" just as the "Bulk Section" was created. It will be a sub-board just like the bulk section. So when you come to the auto section, you will still land at the main auto section as it is today. Visiting the "Approved Section" will be purely voluntary.

The major difference is that only "qualified" dealers will be allowed to advertize in the "Approved Section". Again such section will provide reluctant buyers the confidence they need to do business on NL.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by Busybody2(f): 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2011
Why bother to lay down and enforce strict code of conduct and punishment in place to come down hard on erring Dealers, when they can always request for another child board section, huh, the latter makes sense doesn't it.

@ ChelseaBmw

Wow,thought all you were all about was romance section's extract/quality, mightily impressed, keep this up please.

@Superlado

Ideas a bit away with the fairies but deserves a standing ovation all the same.

TO NO ONE IN PARTICULAR

Wow nice to note that random casual sellers should be given leeway and free rein, meaning its gonna be business as usual for the likes of PTconsult.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by jbak: 2:06pm On Jun 01, 2011
I pretty much agree with the point raised by Sicherheit that dealers should update their profile with verifiable information and photographs, at least thats something everyone can do.
It gives a prospective customer/client the opportunity of carrying out independent checks.
While we keep brain storming on way forward, let us explore little changes within our rights as forum members  wink
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by blank(f): 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2011
Why not just enforce d rules that are already there? Also put a big sign saying buyers beware.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by BizBooks(m): 3:51pm On Jun 01, 2011
blank:

Also put a big sign saying buyers beware.

If you visit a website and see a big sign that says "Buyers Beware", will you spend money on such website? I don't think so. The irony is that we already have such sign hanging on the auto section metaphorically.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 01, 2011
Bizbooks:
I thank Seun and Co for giving us the bulk section. It went a long way in sanitizing the auto section. Newcomers will not understand what life was like before the introduction of the bulk section. But sadly we are gradually returning to the status quo ante. By that I mean the auto section is looking more and more like the auto section of old.
People are now rampantly flaunting the 3 threads per day limit while others are brazenly using multiple IDs to advertise in the main auto section. Nigerians are too “smart” and will find ways to break any law that is not strictly enforced. Monitor_1 once asked us to report any dealer violating the rules. I don’t know how many people that have done that. But I suspect it will be quite few since Nigerians generally prefer to mind their own businesses.

Let me state here that not a single person has used the “Report To Moderator” button to inform the moderators of potential rule violators. We do what we can, given that we do not have access to IP addresses of users and it is impractical to constantly hassle the Admin or Supermod to verify IP addresses. If patrons report potential violators, we can then compile a list, submit that to the authorities and take appropriate action against real violators. When we identify violators, a 5 day ban is typically not an uncommon sanction.

What I’m about to propose here is not new. We have discussed it ad nauseum. But I think the time has now come for us to solve this problem once and for all. Just as the admin created the bulk section, he should create another section called “Approved Dealers Section” or something similar to that. Only dealers that meet certain criteria will be allowed to advertise in this section.

Let’s assume for a moment that the Admin is open to the idea of an “Approved Dealer Section”. I’d like to hear forumite’s views on the following issues:

(1)What would be the criteria for classifying a dealer as Approved?

(2)In the USA for instance, certified dealers in websites like Autotrader.com are required to be bonded, are NL dealers willing to pay a high one-time fee (not more than N1m) and an annual fee of say, N30,000 in order to become certified? This fee should weed out the quack dealers and it will help NL to hire lawyers to prosecute thieving patrons caught with their pants down.

(3)Certified dealers could be required to provide name/address/phone number, and a letter from an attorney whom they’ve retained to represent them in every transaction.

(4)Every deal entered into by a certified dealer and a NL buyer must be consummated via an agreement prepared by dealer’s and/or buyer’s attorney and signed by necessary parties. If such an agreement does not exist, NL Authorities will not intervene when an unresolved dispute occurs.

(5)Certified dealers must be prepared to submit the said agreements to NL authorities, upon signing.

(6)NL Authorities could establish a Certified Dealers Board (CTB) not more than 3-4 people, which will establish rules for admission, expulsion, fine administration e.t.c.

(7)A few pioneer dealers could be given automatic certification without any qualification process once they pay any necessary entrance fees and provide info on their Attorneys. (Dealers like Viperman, Inspired, Jenju) come to mind.   

Lets brainstorm these ideas for now, we should add more to it as we proceed. When we come up with a concrete manner of handling some of these issues, we’ll submit our ideas to the Admin.  Whatever we come up with should not produce unnecessary barriers to becoming an Approved Dealer, for up and coming dealers.

I’d recommend that any dealer who is not ready to enter into official agreements, prepared by lawyers, with buyers, has no business being certified. If you are a genuine businessman, having a lawyer should be as indispensable as having ready access to capital. My 2cents, for now.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by femmy2010(m): 6:24am On Jun 02, 2011
I fear Fear with these possible solutions as propounded by the monitor,
Empowering more moderators to enfore current rules would go a long way at sanitising the section.
The above is a simple solution that would embrace all.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by viperman: 7:44am On Jun 02, 2011
Good discussion leads you've given Monitor_1, my following responses are highighted in blue below.

Monitor_1:

Let’s assume for a moment that the Admin is open to the idea of an “Approved Dealer Section”. I’d like to hear forumite’s views on the following issues:

(1)What would be the criteria for classifying a dealer as Approved?

1. Provision of at least 30 references on closed deals by the clients. These clients must be ready to come on here and post on the success of the transaction and their phone numbers for verification by anyone who's interested in calling them to verify. , Wait! this will be tough for even someone like me who's been here since inception undecided

2. Copy of international passport/Drivers license

3. Two personal referees(These referees must be salary earners or have very viable businesses, and must be made to agree to stand-in/pay for any damages caused by the dealer e.g. dealer elopes with a buyers funds). This referee form should be prepared by the ADMIN of this site - SEUN(Its your site, protect its name)

(2)In the USA for instance, certified dealers in websites like Autotrader.com are required to be bonded, are NL dealers willing to pay a high one-time fee (not more than N1m) and an annual fee of say, N30,000 in order to become certified? This fee should weed out the quack dealers and it will help NL to hire lawyers to prosecute thieving patrons caught with their pants down.

[b]My brother, for a trade forum like what we have here- it won't work. You started as free, keep it up as free. NOTE: I'm not clamoring for free because the money is much for me, just stating the obvious. Besides, how many of these young dealers can afford to be paying such fees, even a one-time fee of N200k? Some of these guys are just starting, and finding their feet, trying not to get into dubious dealings e.g. yahoo-yahoo like their unemployed mates are doing all over the country, thereby engaging in this legitimate biz . So they should be encouraged. Though an annual fee of your suggested N30,000 shouldn't be too much for them to pay, but is not enough to make one certified. In actual fact, no amount can actually certify a dealer here, even N5m. Ok take for instance, a buyer comes to buy a 2010 range rover HSE which goes for over 12M, are you saying because, someone has paid 5M to be a certified dealer they can't disappear with N12M IF THEY ARE DUBIOUS & ANONYMOUS?? Of course they can, that's N7m "ROI" to any yahoo-yahoo dealer here. So rather than enforcing payments to be certified, lets merge both = PAYMENTS & DOCUMENTATIONS as I stated above.[/b] smiley

(3)Certified dealers could be required to provide name/address/phone number, and a letter from an attorney whom they’ve retained to represent them in every transaction.
Fake Attorney's abound in nigeria, A fake dealer can employ the services of his fake lawyer friend to pose as his lawyer to scam a potential buyer of over 7M, many hungry desperate boys(even girls) out there nowadays, the job market is bad in nigeria. smiley

(4)Every deal entered into by a certified dealer and a NL buyer must be consummated via an agreement prepared by dealer’s and/or buyer’s attorney and signed by necessary parties. If such an agreement does not exist, NL Authorities will not intervene when an unresolved dispute occurs.
(5)Certified dealers must be prepared to submit the said agreements to NL authorities, upon signing.
I don't clearly understand this part(4 & 5), however, it sounds like a lenghty process maybe cuz i don't understand how it will work in a live scenario. Kindly elaborate on this.

(6)NL Authorities could establish a Certified Dealers Board (CTB) not more than 3-4 people, which will establish rules for admission, expulsion, fine administration e.t.c.
Good stuff , make it 7 people. The fewer, the easier they are to be cajoled/bribed/guided by sentiments.

(7)A few pioneer dealers could be given automatic certification without any qualification process once they pay any necessary entrance fees and provide info on their Attorneys. (Dealers like Viperman, Inspired, Jenju) come to mind.
I can't refuse such a good offer, cool

Lets brainstorm these ideas for now, we should add more to it as we proceed. When we come up with a concrete manner of handling some of these issues, we’ll submit our ideas to the Admin. Whatever we come up with should not produce unnecessary barriers to becoming an Approved Dealer, for up and coming dealers.

I’d recommend that any dealer who is not ready to enter into official agreements, prepared by lawyers, with buyers, has no business being certified. If you are a genuine businessman, having a lawyer should be as indispensable as having ready access to capital. My 2cents, for now.

Re: We Really Need Another Section. by BizBooks(m): 9:47am On Jun 02, 2011
Monitor_1 has provided the most detailed suggestions so far. Obviously, many people will disagree with his suggestion that dealers pay a fee of 1 Million Naira to get approved. But I think therein lies the path to our salvation. While I agree with Viperman that 1 Million Naira is too high, I still believe that dealers should be required to pay a certain amount to get approved. If you ask me, I will say a one-time fee of 250,000 Naira with nothing more to pay.

To ensure uniformity and transparency, the auto section should retain the services of a reputable law firm for the approval process. This law firm will verify and certify dealers who wish to belong to the approved section. It is up to us to decide what documents and references a dealer should provide to become approved. The office address and contact information of the law firm will be made public on NL and buyers may contact them if they need to resolve a dispute with a dealer.

Also, approved dealers should be given a certificate by the law firm which must be posted on their profiles. Anybody can call the law firm and verify the authenticity of the certificate. Part of the 250,000 Naira approval fee (or whatever amount we agree on) should be used to pay for the services of the law firm. I wouldn’t mind if the rest goes to the people that manage this site.

While we should do all we can to accommodate the young dealers, we should also realize that apart from land and house, a car is the most expensive purchase most people will ever make. So we should accord it the dignity it deserves. The young dealers have nothing much to worry about as the approved section is not meant to replace the auto section. So anybody that does not have the money to pay for certification can continue to do business in the auto and bulk section as they are doing currently.

At this point, I suggest we appoint a 7-man panel to look into this issue and come up with recommendations. Left for me, I will nominate the following people to the panel:

1. Seun (with veto power)
2. Siena
3. Inspired
4. Monitor_1
5. Viperman
6. Piedpiper
7. Kunle-A
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by emeshot: 10:47am On Jun 02, 2011
cool Waiting, ?
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by femmy2010(m): 11:47am On Jun 02, 2011
[b]The good and the bad exist on all public forum and Nairaland wont be and isn't an exemption.
I am very open to the idea of having an approved dealers section but the condition for approval should be one that should be all embracing and that can be met by all honest sellers/dealers and not a condition that can only be met by very few creme de la creme sellers/dealers.
We have had many buyers/sellers issues on the auto section and the Nairaland people's court has been able to solve all except for the case of PtConsult of criminally abscond with people's hard earned funds so i would want the NL court to retain its power of settlement.
As s solution to prevent a re-occurrence of the PtConsult scenario I would agree with many of the conditions as explained by Mr Viperman but with slight amendment as reflected in the quoted piece below.

" I agree with the idea of a Certified Dealers Board (CTB) comprising of between 7-10 persons representing the variegated types of dealers on NL,charged with the power to make rules for admission,expulsion etc.
Only people willing to serve without pay and with great passion for the success of our dear NL should be brought on-board this proposed CTB.

Copy of international passport/Drivers license/National ID card in additional,Current utility bill and a letter from the local government of resident should be submitted to a proposed CTB.

Two personal referees(The referees must be 1 civil servant in level 8 and above and 1 clergy man willing to vouch for the applying dealer/seller.

A token of N10k can be charge yearly to cover handling charges for paper works submitted by applicant of the proposed approved dealers section".

I am convince these 3 stated conditions would be all embracing and a promoter of hard work and not one that would create a level playing field for all.
[/b]
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by BizBooks(m): 12:18pm On Jun 02, 2011
I posted this earlier today but was banned by the Spambot. Maybe it was too long. So let me break it into two.

Monitor_1 has provided the most detailed suggestions so far. Obviously, many people will disagree with his suggestion that dealers pay a fee of 1 Million Naira to get approved. But I think therein lies the path to our salvation. While I agree with Viperman that 1 Million Naira is too high, I still believe that dealers should be required to pay a certain amount to get approved. If you ask me, I will say a one-time fee of 250,000 Naira with nothing more to pay.

To ensure uniformity and transparency, the auto section should retain the services of a reputable law firm for the approval process. This law firm will verify and certify dealers who wish to belong to the approved section. It is up to us to decide what documents and references a dealer should provide to become approved. The office address and contact information of the law firm will be made public on NL and buyers may contact them if they need to resolve a dispute with a dealer.

Also, approved dealers should be given a certificate by the law firm which must be posted on their profiles. Anybody can call the law firm and verify the authenticity of the certificate. Part of the 250,000 Naira approval fee (or whatever amount we agree on) should be used to pay for the services of the law firm. I wouldn’t mind if the rest goes to the people that manage this site.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by BizBooks(m): 12:19pm On Jun 02, 2011
While we should do all we can to accommodate the young dealers, we should also realize that apart from land and house, a car is the most expensive purchase most people will ever make. So we should accord it the dignity it deserves. The young dealers have nothing much to worry about as the approved section is not meant to replace the auto section. So anybody that does not have the money to pay for certification can continue to do business in the auto and bulk section as they are doing currently.

At this point, I suggest we appoint a 7-man panel to look into this issue and come up with recommendations. Left for me, I will nominate the following people to the panel:

1. Seun (with veto power)
2. Siena
3. Inspired
4. Monitor_1
5. Viperman
6. Piedpiper
7. Kunle-A
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by femmy2010(m): 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2011
BizBooks:

Nairaland is a forum that promotes the Nigerian spirit of togetherness and hard work.
I am sure 95% of NL dealers can not afford such an outrageous proposition of a payment of N250k to get approved.

The NL people's court settles in 1 month what a court of law would take 2 years to settle.

I say no to buying of a separated auto sections by a few wealthy dealers and yes to authenticating dealers information and provision of referee to prevent thieving dealers from been able to abscond with buyer's funds.
Forcing honesty out of dealers/sellers can best be attained if their personal information can be verified or authenticated than just allowing payment of some huge money to be a means of entrance into the proposed "approved dealers" section.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by dantitiki(m): 1:14pm On Jun 02, 2011
My suggestions are as follows in accordance to the monitor_1 opinions:

SUGGESTIONS,

Approved dealers would be people who can't bring the sour taste to this section (they are surely more than 3-4 persons)

We don't have to be like autotrader. We can build our own process. How many people can afford that fee for just a name in this auto section? How long can the services of a law firm be kept running since there's a just a one-off payment??

There are road side attorneys anybody could bring up as a guarantor. Does anyone know who stamps and seals the famous affidavit that's acceptable in Nigeria

What more could this be than a receipt? Nobody is forced to pay for what they don't like or need.

I don't see this being feasible

What are the moderators for? I support this if they'll be focused and consistent.

Why the injustice? Everybody must go through same process. Tested or not.

Brainstorming in this case MUST involve practically everyone in this section and not a selected people before these decisions are agreed on.

Bank have implemented ways of fishing out fraudsters and duplicate accounts, I support paying for intergrated ways of registration (biometrics, barcodes etc, ) than for authorised dealers registration.

That's my opinion.

Kind regards.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by BizBooks(m): 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2011
femmy2010:

I am sure 95% of NL dealers can not afford such an outrageous proposition of a payment of N250k to get approved.

If a N250,000 one-time fee is too much, what will be a fair amount in your opinion? Don’t tell me N10,000 because the same people that use multiple IDs today can easily pay N50,000 and get 5 different IDs and continue with their mischief.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by BizBooks(m): 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2011
dantitiki:

How long can the services of a law firm be kept running since there's a just a one-off payment??

I think the most important thing is for us to agree on a registration amount. After that we can decide whether to hire a law firm or not. I'm sure there are some good lawyers on NL who will agree to work with us at an affordable rate.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by cretin: 2:20pm On Jun 02, 2011
i think the 1 million naira registration fee is ok, but see a modification to the plan

1. let the money be a deposit, which about 85% to 90% will be refundable if/when the seller wishes to leave nairaland.
  the money wud serve as a trust which cud be used to settle a car transaction gone wrong, ie if after the stringent measures put in place, a fraudulent auto dealer manages to become a member of the approved list.
a lawyer wud be engaged and the terms drawn up, and signatories to the account  listed, which shud include the approved car dealers, with a caveat that a minimum of 4 signatories is required to withdraw the money, [it mustnt be all the signatories]

the car sellers wud be graded on the amount of money they deposit.
with the minimum being 500k, and they wud be graded  into gold, silver, platinum, titanuim, onyx,bronze, etc  , and clear instructions/definitions given to each of the levels
ie a client would only be refunded 90% of the money deposited by the seller if a transaction goes wrong  , [the money will be refunded to the buyer, after a committee&lawyer7moderator, go tru the case and decide that a refund is in line].

for example, buyer A wants to buy a honda halla valued at say 800k, its in his best interet to buy it 4rm a gold graded seller  [ie a seller who has deposited an amount more than the cost price of his car, a seller who has deposited 1m.so that he cud be refunded if the biz goes south!

am available to throw more light on this suggestion , if the house feel they want to adopt it.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by femmy2010(m): 2:32pm On Jun 02, 2011
@Bizbook,
I propose that a want to be verified dealer submit a copy of his/her Id,a copy of his/her current utility bill,provide detailed personal infos and letters from 2 referee(Civil Servants) to the proposed CTB. 
This makes it an uneasy task to use multiple IDs to register as an approved dealer because no level 10 civil servant would risk his job vouching for someone he doesn't know.
The recommended N10k is not an entrance/admittance fee(Am against payment of any amount b4 the status of approved dealer can be bestowed on the applying dealer) but an handling charge for the submitted documentations which has to be verified(verification process involves spending money).
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by BizBooks(m): 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2011

1. Seun
2. Siena
3. Inspired
4. Monitor_1
5. Viperman
6. Piedpiper
7. Kunle-A
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by emeshot: 8:14am On Jun 03, 2011
Femmy u have spoken well that is a standard way to be registered.
Re: We Really Need Another Section. by blank(f): 1:14am On Jun 04, 2011
All Talk.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Year Old Audi A4 Vs BMW 3'series? What Do You Recommend? / Top 5 Reasons Your Car Is Vibrating / 47Million Naira Tesla Model X Electric SUV Spotted In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.