Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,677 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi (32686 Views)

She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million / Woman Dies After Being Detained And Starved For A Year By Her Husband In Yobe / Transgender Woman Breastfeeds Baby After Hospital Induces Lactation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by Islie: 6:36pm On Oct 06, 2021
Nigerian Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5million Unpaid Bill

Agwu’s wife, Chinyere delivered triplets at the hospital on August 27, 2021.

APlateau State resident, Joel Eni Agwu, has put up himself for sale to raise money for his wife and newly born babies detained by Fertile Ground and IVF Center, a private medical facility in Zaramanganda, Jos, Plateau State.

SaharaReporters gathered that Agwu’s wife, Chinyere delivered triplets at the hospital on August 27, 2021.

It was learnt that the babies were delivered preterm (seven months), and one of the triplets died a few days after.

Agwu told SaharaReporters that due to the hash economic situation in the country, the family needed the goodwill of Nigerians to settle the outstanding medical bills of over N4.5million.

He said, “My name is Joel Eni Agwu, I’m from Ebonyi State; I am a Masters’ degree student of the Niger Delta University, Bayelsa State, and also a petty trader. They are actually our first children since 2017 we got married.

“She gave birth on August 27, 2021. Nigerians should please help me and if there is anyone who can buy me, I’m much available; I am ready to sell myself so that my wife and my babies can get back to our home.

“The bill comparing her own and the triplets including the first among the three that died two days after birth is N4.5million.”

Speaking with SaharaReporters, the Chief Medical Director of the hospital, identified only as Dr Chris, said though the facility had discharged Chinyere, she would not be released until all her bills were cleared.

He said, “The wife was delivered of the babies in our hospital; he (the husband) is correct. In fact, she’s still on admission; it’s almost six weeks now. The wife was delivered of prematurely; she was delivered of at 28 weeks. He has accumulated so much bill here; we already discharged her but she’s still here because she hasn’t paid her bill.

“A lot has actually happened, premature babies, looking after them inside incubator, they were actually triplets but one died within first two days of birth. But the two others are hale and hearty; those ones were taken from the incubator either Sunday or Monday.

“We can’t release them now because they haven’t paid. This is not a government facility; the wife had been on bed rest for sometimes before the delivery, in fact, if we had not done that, she would not have been able to carry the pregnancy.”

A video call by SaharaReporters with the nursing mother showed that she was looking pale and unable to breastfeed the babies.

She was also kept inside a room in the hospital with no medical facilities.

Agwu gave his bank account information as; Chima Agwu Eni Joel, Access Bank, 0071502097.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/10/06/nigerian-man-puts-self-sale-after-hospital-detained-wife-babies-over-n45million-unpaid

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by oluwaseyi0: 8:29pm On Oct 06, 2021
The hospital deserves a round of applause for continuing attending to them even when their debt is accumulating, prematurely end of medical attention might have led to death of mother and all kids, kudos to them

I know some demented Nigerians will try to be against the hospital but after a great work by the hospital they deserve their pay

If there's no issue of debt probably same man will have run to one pastor alter claiming god of one pastor gave him children after years of barrenness without even mentioning or thanking the docs

203 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
The hospital try Sha...
If it was in some hospital, that woman would have started sleeping on the floor by now...

But wait o...
Why get married when you're not financially capable?? Now see the shame they're facing...

43 Likes

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by Corporate2020: 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2021
Favfables:
The hospital try Sha...
If it was in some hospital, that woman would have started sleeping on the floor by now...

But wait o...
Why get married when you're not financially capable?? Now see the shame they're facing...

Should a man and a woman get married even when they have no money? They think marriage and kids are life achievements. They should enjoy their achievement.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
Corporate2020:

Should a man and a woman get marry when they have no money? They think marriage and have kids are life achievements. They should enjoy their achievement.

Hell no!!!!!!
Why get married when you don't have a source of livelyhood?? And this goes for both parties in the marriage...

Who will take care of the bills when the kids start coming??

And now they're looking for "well meaning Nigerians" to help them out, as if the well meaning Nigerians were the ones that told them to marry ....

Mmttttttttvheeeeeewwew!!

32 Likes

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by Corporate2020: 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2021
Favfables:

Hell no!!!!!!
Why get married when you don't have a source of livelyhood?? And this goes for both parties in the marriage...

And now they're looking for "well meaning Nigerians" to help them out, as if the well meaning Nigerians were the ones that told them to marry ....

Mmttttttttvheeeeeewwew!!

Well, I am a well meaning Nigerian. I have my responsibilities, this people are not listed as part of my responsibilities.

The Bible says we should help the needy, I pray I have excess to help the needy. Until then, I wish them what they wish themselves

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by Obaxxx(m): 9:49am On Oct 07, 2021
lipsrsealed
Those two nairalanders that just commented before me are very heartless to the core undecided. In fact they are the type of people that deserves the Buhari's type of i-don't-care attitude of leadership undecided.

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by efficiencie(m): 11:45am On Oct 07, 2021
4.5 million naira? Wow. The hospital did well attending to the couple but a bill of 4.5 million naira is serious. This explains why some men will neither think of marriage nor consider childbirth. Sorry ladies but many of you will remain single into your 50s...and for those who think the man to be irresponsible, have you considered the possibility that all the man had in his account to sustain his wife's delivery was say 1m and this was why he was confident he could finance childbirth? It is possible that the wife's delivery was complicated and he had already blown 1m away and the outstanding fee was 4.5m...the man is very much a responsible man for not running away like some of you posting here would do but rather doing everything he needs to do get help.

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by Acidosis(m): 11:55am On Oct 07, 2021
Favfables:

Hell no!!!!!!

Mmttttttttvheeeeeewwew!!

The problem isn't about getting married. Single men and women also visit maternity wards.

9 Likes

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by graphics104: 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2021
sad
The things we do for family.
Dom would be proud.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by xpressionx(m): 12:31pm On Oct 07, 2021
Lol
Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by chukwuibuipob: 12:31pm On Oct 07, 2021
sad He should write SOS to the state Governor/Ministry of health rather than put up himself for sale sad.May dey not harvest his kidney/blokos sad

12 Likes

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by updatechange(m): 12:31pm On Oct 07, 2021
Too bad for them
Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by DoggoneDogg: 12:32pm On Oct 07, 2021
Is he first body? Hope he has no accident or flooding history??

#2.5m na wetin I get

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by JayTripz(m): 12:32pm On Oct 07, 2021
Omoooooo!!!

Hope say he don do him NIN...

Well, I feel for him.... Government should help him ASAP

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by Fuckthamods: 12:32pm On Oct 07, 2021
4.5 million to deliver baby in Nigeria
Buhari why? cry

I'm remaining single embarassed

16 Likes

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by Worriedwife: 12:33pm On Oct 07, 2021
efficiencie:
4.5 million naira? Wow. The hospital did well attending to the couple but a bill of 4.5 million naira is serious. This explains why some men will neither think of marriage nor consider childbirth. Sorry ladies but many of you will remain single into your 50s...and for those who think the man to be irresponsible, have you considered the possibility that all the man had in his account to sustain his wife's delivery was say 1m and this was why he was confident he could finance childbirth? It is possible that the wife's delivery was complicated and he had already blown 1m away and the outstanding fee was 4.5m...the man is very much a responsible man for not running away like some of you posting here would do but rather doing everything he needs to do get help.

You talk 2 much

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by GboyegaD(m): 12:33pm On Oct 07, 2021
I hope he is able to raise the needed funds.

1 Like

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by Vianzy: 12:33pm On Oct 07, 2021
efficiencie:
olodo

5 Likes

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by ednut1(m): 12:33pm On Oct 07, 2021
grin

5 Likes

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by Danjikanbauchi: 12:33pm On Oct 07, 2021
That hospital should be locked. This is stealing what did they do that cost upto 4.5 million not through C's undecided everybody is a thief in this country.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by EKONGKING: 12:33pm On Oct 07, 2021
This is a delicate matter ,it's not the fault of hospital or man .
This is just unfortunate and pure bad luck on person.
He would not have waited for 4 years, for child after marriage ,if he is irresponsible.
The thing is he might have budgeted for 1 kid and normal delivery and behold ,his village people sat on his matter.

9 Likes

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by NaijaGoBetter20: 12:33pm On Oct 07, 2021
Ok
Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by mbahdi(m): 12:34pm On Oct 07, 2021
Sorry man.but you sure say u worth 4.5m why not look for way dan putting urself fo sale
Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by bjtinz: 12:34pm On Oct 07, 2021
Why use a private facility when u lack the funds??

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by Terrence99: 12:34pm On Oct 07, 2021
Obi Cubana, you're needed here.

13 Likes

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by osuofia2(m): 12:34pm On Oct 07, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
That hospital should be locked. This is stealing what did they do that cost upto 4.5 million not through C's undecided everybody is a thief in this country.
YOUR BRAIN MUST BE LEAKING. DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT COST FOR IVF DELIVERY?

7 Likes

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:35pm On Oct 07, 2021
It is well.
Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by xpressionx(m): 12:35pm On Oct 07, 2021
It's a pity things went this way.
This is what insurance can cover if we have a working system.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by Adrian9(m): 12:35pm On Oct 07, 2021
Ovicuvana where you and your men dey oh!
This man no wnt tiff from pesin!
Help Help Help!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi by mrkings84(m): 12:35pm On Oct 07, 2021
This one week me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reasons Why Most Marriages Fail In Nigeria / What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? / Mentally-Unstable Woman Seen With Her Baby Wondering In Ogba, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.