Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:12 AM

NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents (7410 Views)

Kankara Schoolboys Reunite With Their Parents (Pix) / Dickson Consoles Buratai, Bichi And Modu-Sheriff Over Death Of Their Parents / Names Of 23 New Political Parties Registered By INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Biggcake: 8:45am On Oct 07, 2021
alizma:
I knew Nigerians were going to misunderstood the NCC on the matter.
Simple thing, they blow it out of proportion. If your child is below 18, get him/her a Sim card in your name. Simple as that, when he/she becomes of age to take full responsibility of his/her actions, the person can walk into any service provider office and get as many sim as possible within the law.

But it is permissible for a 12yr old girl to be married out...

2 Likes

Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by MuchAdo: 8:45am On Oct 07, 2021
Khaleepha5681:

Dolo, balii,maras fahimta

Ko radarada e danu. Aboookki oshi!
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Ayion: 8:47am On Oct 07, 2021
sad

Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Ijaya123: 8:47am On Oct 07, 2021
Confused set of people.
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 07, 2021
MuchAdo:

Ko radarada e danu. Aboookki oshi!

Nyamuri, Alade, Dan Arniya, Kazami,
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Mayeldah(m): 8:50am On Oct 07, 2021
Just to explain something for clarity NCC is quoting all the sections in the constitution.

after rigmarolling you only just said same thing Punch published only that you added a little information for clarity

All Federal institutions in Nigeria today hates the Punch with passion all just to please their Fulani heads and masters.

Nonesense!!!
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 07, 2021
Biggcake:

No,bring that person to police station that marries underage
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Safyqueen: 8:50am On Oct 07, 2021
Mossadd:
you and ncc are still not making any sense

So you are the one making sense abi?
Under 18 can acquire sim but they cannot get married or carry his/her cross legally. Are you ok?
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Biggcake: 8:58am On Oct 07, 2021
Khaleepha5681:

No,bring that person to police station that marries underage

It is an unwritten law in the northern part of Nigeria...

Mostly practiced by islamist...
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Mayeldah(m): 8:58am On Oct 07, 2021
dreality:
Will this not fuel crime etc. So anyone claiming to be a parent can have multiple sims with different child photos on them. Who doesn't see the loopholes here?

No loophole bro. If you like register 100 sims for Children that are not yours in your name

but if any of them commits crimes on that SIM, you will be held responsible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 07, 2021
Biggcake:

It is an unwritten law in the northern part of Nigeria...

Mostly practiced by islamist...

Says who?

I said go and bring him, or should I give you my number to tell where he is?

In less than hour, he will be arrested, and in less than 72 hours he will be in court and in less than a week he will be punished

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Biggcake: 9:03am On Oct 07, 2021
Khaleepha5681:

Says who?

I said go and bring him, or should I give you my number to tell where he is?

In less than hour, he will be arrested, and in less than 72 hours he will be in court and in less than a week he will be punished

Drop your details then...
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by treesun: 9:03am On Oct 07, 2021
alizma:
I knew Nigerians were going to misunderstood the NCC on the matter.
Simple thing, they blow it out of proportion. If your child is below 18, get him/her a Sim card in your name. Simple as that, when he/she becomes of age to take full responsibility of his/her actions, the person can walk into any service provider office and get as many sim as possible within the law.

But they can sleep with 16 year old!
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by OlujobaSamuel: 9:05am On Oct 07, 2021
mfm04622:

They didn't make the law. The constitution said only 18 and above can legally enter into a contract. Buying SIM and using is a contract between subscriber and service provider. So, they are reminding service providers to follow the law and stop entering contract with minors who can't enter a contract legally
Have you ever heard of contract of necessity?
A minor can actually enter into a contract under such circumstances. Can we then describe owning a SIM card as one? I want to believe every sane human in this age will say YES
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by alizma: 9:09am On Oct 07, 2021
Biggcake:

Two wrongs cannot make right, I am am against under age marriage but that is not to say every aspect of the society should be thrown into lawlessness. While we are speaking and fighting against under age marriage, we have to uphold any law that protect the minor. In fact, the NCC restrictions on Sim acquisition by a minor is a plus to the fight against under age marriage.
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Kingrefreshed: 9:14am On Oct 07, 2021
Khaleepha5681:

Check your constitution that you you took 4 months since last you read it.

Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 07, 2021
I CAN SURELY SEE SOME YAHOO BOYS PARENT IN PRISON

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 07, 2021
Exactly what I thought they're not bringing any laws towards curbing underage marriage and pedophilia in the north but they're trying to stop southern kids from making money online through this ridiculous policies
Biggcake:

1 Like

Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 07, 2021
Cronus grin
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by MuchAdo: 9:33am On Oct 07, 2021
[s]
Khaleepha5681:

Nyamuri, Alade, Dan Arniya, Kazami,
[/s]
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Ushman333: 9:54am On Oct 07, 2021
Makes sense, cos a minor can be easily tricked to give up his sim document, this will reduce use of others sim to commit crimes.
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Back3back: 9:54am On Oct 07, 2021
See how clueless they are here
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by mfm04622: 10:14am On Oct 07, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:

Have you ever heard of contract of necessity?
A minor can actually enter into a contract under such circumstances. Can we then describe owning a SIM card as one? I want to believe every sane human in this age will say YES

As long as the parent or guardian can get a SIM for a minor, it is no longer a necessity. Or is it still one?
They are not asking minors not to use cards, just for them not to buy it on their own

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by mfm04622: 10:17am On Oct 07, 2021
This is from Naptu2

I realised what was happening not long after I heard the news. I was expecting this clarification, although I don't believe the justification that's in the press release.

It was reported that the NCC had banned people below the age of 18 from owning SIM cards. Several reactions followed immediately in my mind. From the initial emotional, "Why would they do that"? to the sensible consideration of the reasons why people below 18 should own a mobile phone. It's very important for their safety. They can use it to contact their parents/adults if there's a problem and their parents/adults can track them. . .and that's when it struck me.

You see, I was thinking of the dangers that a minor could be in that would require them to contact their parents by phone and then I immediately remembered the reason that we are required to register our SIMS. It then occurred to me that criminals could use the phones of minors to commit crimes and of course, the minors cannot be held responsible. Then, finally it occurred to me that the NCC would not want someone that cannot be held responsible for such offenses to own a phone. The simple solution is to have the phones registered by the parents or guardians of the minor. (All these flashed through my mind in a few seconds).

Here we are https://www.nairaland.com/6790312/ncc-minors-get-sim-cards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Okoroawusa: 10:26am On Oct 07, 2021
Remag666:
Exactly what I thought they're not bringing any laws towards curbing underage marriage and pedophilia in the north but they're trying to stop southern kids from making money online through this ridiculous policies
Must everything be seen from imaginary divisions for you people? I weak for una o!
Are there no under 18 youth from the south born, brought up and living in the north? Or are there no under 18 youth from the north living and working in the South?

WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE??

AAAAH!!!.... THIS IS SO FUCKINGGG! GETTING ON MY NERVES!!!
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by wizkidblogger(f): 11:17am On Oct 07, 2021
but you can't register more than 5 sims nao.

Wahala for who get plenty minors oo
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 07, 2021
Biggcake:

Drop your details then...

Other will be through our calling
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 07, 2021
[quote author=Kingrefreshed post=106520201][/quote]

Is this me on the picture?
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by OlujobaSamuel: 11:35am On Oct 07, 2021
mfm04622:

As long as the parent or guardian can get a SIM for a minor, it is no longer a necessity. Or is it still one?
They are not asking minors not to use cards, just for them not to buy it on their own
It's like you don't get it.
Using of a communication gadget is a necessity, contract under such circumstances can be entered into by a minor without the parents consent.
You might have to check for the legal basis under contract law of various jurisdiction.
If there should be a SIM loss while the child is in school, who retrieves the SIM?
If the parents are residing in another country but wants their children to imbibe the Nigerian culture, hence sending such child to a Nigerian institution, who registers the SIM?
Re: NCC: Minors Can Get SIM Cards But It Will Be Registered By Their Parents by Nickisindigo(m): 12:07pm On Oct 07, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:

It's like you don't get it.
Using of a communication gadget is a necessity, contract under such circumstances can be entered into by a minor without the parents consent.
You might have to check for the legal basis under contract law of various jurisdiction.
If there should be a SIM loss while the child is in school, who retrieves the SIM?
If the parents are residing in another country but wants their children to imbibe the Nigerian culture, hence sending such child to a Nigerian institution, who registers the SIM?

18 years can't work cuz it would render some other policy null and void

1. Waiting till you turn 18 years in order to go to a higher institution
2. In other to open a bank account
3. In other to get a passport

To do this three things you need a nin, and to a get nin you need a phone number

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju: God Has No Business With Nigerian Thieving Politicians / Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs / Don’t Give Up On Govt, There’s Hope For Nigeria, SGF Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.