Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) (3789 Views)

Captain Ahmed Musa Doing A Bricklayer Job(photos) / Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Ahmed Musa's Wife Gives Birth To Their 2nd Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by semid4lyfe(m): 5:45am On May 31, 2011
Musa keeps Venlo in Dutch topflight
. . . . . . . .by George Akpayen 29 May 2011, 20:33
http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/110529/Musa_keeps_Venlo_in_Dutch_topflight

Nigeria international, Ahmed Musa, played another key role in helping his modest team, VVV-Venlo remain in the Dutch Eredivisie in a relegation playoffs tie against FC Zwolle on Sunday.

It was Musa’s 87th minute goal that ensured that VVV-Venlo pulled off a 2 – 2 draw in the second leg of the relegation playoffs at their De Koel Venlo ground against a resistant FC Zwolle.

It was the away team FC Zwolle that went into the lead midway through the first via a penalty converted by Sjoerd Ars.

And just before the break, Musa was upended in the penalty area by FC Zwolle’s goalkeeper, Diederik Boer and Venlo’s Hungarian striker, Balazs Toth, stepped forward to pull level for VVV-Venlo.

On 59 minutes, Nassir Maachi gave FC Zwolle renewed hope to make the score 2 – 1 in favour of the away team.

And it looked like FC Zwolle would stun VVV-Venlo when Toth was also sent off for a second yellow card offence leaving the home side disadvantaged numerically.

But that counted for nothing, as Musa poked home a late equaliser to give his team a place in next season’s Dutch Eredivisie after they had won the first leg by 2 – 1 at FC Zwolle on Thursday.

Hehehehehe. . . . .it seems these clubs that are dogged by relegation throughout the season and finally escape it celebrate more than the teams that win the league sef grin tongue

Anyway, congrats to Ahmed Musa and his club VVV Venlo. I'm happy his club stayed up and will play in the Eredivisie next season. Better he plays regular football with modest VVV Venlo than moving to a better club and sitting on the bench.

Just hope he can repeat this against Argentina wink smiley
Re: Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by semid4lyfe(m): 5:51am On May 31, 2011
Here is the highlight of the match. . . .

He won a penalty that was converted by a team-mate to tie the game at 1:1 and then scored the game tying 2nd goal (2:2) that ensured his team VVV Venlo stayed up and AND WHAT A BEAUTIFUL GOAL IT WAS too smiley wink cool

[flash=550,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFKBhpBwGbo?version=3" type="[/flash]

Congrats to him wink
Re: Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by semid4lyfe(m): 8:24am On May 31, 2011
Ahmed Musa & Michael Uchebo seem to combine well together. . .don't think Michael Uchebo is Super Eagles material but it wouldn't be bad to have Musa & Uchebo play together in the U-23 Olympic team
Re: Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by 12large1: 12:11pm On May 31, 2011
uchebo is better than peter utaka,anichebe and isaac promise so if these 3 can make eagles then uchebo should also make eagles
Re: Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 31, 2011
Musa is good
Re: Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by henry101(m): 4:30am On Jun 01, 2011
Is Uchebo really loved by his supporters? It's good.
Musa has really improved alot.
Re: Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by mikuz(m): 12:25pm On Jun 01, 2011
henry101:

Is Uchebo really loved by his supporters? It's good.
Musa has really improved alot.
you must have at huge myopic mindset! That aint the cruz of the matter! The issue is : he is better than utaka,promise and anichebe joined together! Don't you get it? And if those punks can make the team then why can't he?
Re: Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by babaowo: 1:05pm On Jun 01, 2011
the guy is good
Re: Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by slap1(m): 1:41pm On Jun 01, 2011
V V V Venlo. Na wa for dis kain name o!
Re: Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by mikuz(m): 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2011
slap1:

V V V Venlo. Na wa for dis kain name o!
so you mean you haven't ever taken a second look at your own name before?
slap1 stap1 indeed!
Re: Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by DisGuy: 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2011
The guy has got loads of energy, his agent must be smiling to the bank regularly now rubbing his hands waiting for the next move

congrats to VVV Venlo!
Re: Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by honeric01(m): 3:23pm On Jun 01, 2011
I am happy for Ahmed he's got energy and i know he's still going to play for bigger clubs.
Re: Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by Welder(m): 3:34pm On Jun 01, 2011
mikuz:

you must have at huge myopic mindset! That aint the cruz of the matter! The issue is : he is better than utaka,promise and anichebe joined together! Don't you get it? And if those punks can make the team then why can't he?

You must have loads of hate in your system
mikuz:

so you mean you haven't ever taken a second look at your own name before?
slap1 stap1 indeed!

Whats your point kid!
Re: Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by Parnassuss(m): 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2011
He seems more solid than usual. Good for him, good for Uchebo, good for Venlo.
Re: Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by md4real(m): 4:58pm On Jun 01, 2011
good one, i see him moving up to the other teams up the ladder.
Re: Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 01, 2011
why could he not help his club win the league
Re: Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by phreakabit(m): 6:23pm On Jun 01, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Ahmed Musa & Michael Uchebo seem to combine well together. . .don't think Michael Uchebo is Super Eagles material but it wouldn't be bad to have Musa & Uchebo play together in the U-23 Olympic team   

semid4lyfe  after reading your post I find it unimaginably difficult to agree you truly are knowledgeable about football? Did not mean that as an insult, but I am shocked at your comments. IMO Uchebo is far far far better than alot of the call ups for the Super eagles. If you have ever seen Javier Pastore then you would understand that there aren't many players that can do what they do ( Midfielders that plays like Attackers and vice versa ).
Re: Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by semid4lyfe(m): 11:13pm On Jun 01, 2011
phreakabit:

semid4lyfe  after reading your post I find it unimaginably difficult to agree you truly are knowledgeable about football? Did not mean that as an insult, but I am shocked at your comments. IMO Uchebo is far far far better than alot of the call ups for the Super eagles. If you have ever seen Javier Pastore then you would understand that there aren't many players that can do what they do ( Midfielders that plays like Attackers and vice versa ).

Na wa for you o. . . you insult me finish come talk se you nor mean am as insult? undecided grin

Anyway, no offense taken. . . .thing is I've watched Micheal Uchebo in some games this season and I haven't been too impressed with what I saw. . . . . .I've downloaded and watched 6 extended highlights of matches of VVV Venlo in the dutch league and IMO Uchebo's profligacy in front of goal is one of the reasons VVV Venlo was dogged by relegation throughout the season. I mean, if he had converted half of the chances he got, his team would have won most of these matches outright and wouldn't have needed to go into the play-offs to confirm their place in the elite league division.  You're right. . .he's skillful, workaholic, full of running and covers the entire length and breadth of the pitch, and plays like a midfielder/holding striker and allows team mates to play off him but believe it or not, he's wasteful in front of goal. . .like Adebayor and unlike Pastore grin
How many games did he play this season and how many goals hin score sef?  tongue

By the way, I agree with you Uchebo is better than some ''current'' invitees to the Super Eagles but that doesn't mean he's Super Eagles material. It only means there are some of ''shyte'' players in the Super Eagles e.g Peter Utaka, Isaac promise etc (I don't know what SiaOne sees in these 2 players) and I'm still pissed he hasn't recalled Sanni Kaita (our best Defensive Midfielder- best marker and ball winner IMO) back to the Super Eagles.

Also, I haven't completely ruled Uchebo out, that's why I said he should try out with the U-23 Olympic team so we can assess him from there and if he does well, he could make the leap to the Senior National team.

Michael Uchebo is rated very highly and is VERY BIG in VVV Venlo (as you can see from the banner held up by club fans with his face in the club's shield at the end of this match) and he's considered the best player to have played for the club since Japan's Keisuke Honda (now with CSKA Moscow) but I'm still not convinced. He's wasteful in front of goal and not a good scorer. . .FACT!
Re: Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by mikuz(m): 11:32pm On Jun 01, 2011
Welder:

You must have loads of hate in your system
Whats your point kid!
so na me you come dey call kid abi?
I don't blame you! Na ahmed musa i blame!
Re: Ahmed Musa Saves Club From Relegation (Video Inside) by DisGuy: 12:50am On Jul 09, 2016
pow

(1) (Reply)

Paul Pogba And Romelu Lukaku Spotted Hanging Out With Dencia In LA / C.Ronaldo: See Why You Should Never Look Down On Anyone / Floyd Mayweather Buys N437m Bugatti From Obi Okeke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.